• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ultra Street Fighter IV |OT| What is old is new once again

K.Sabot

I got Ultra on Steam and I can't tell if I'm horrible or the connection is horrible.
What a conundrum.

It could be both, but it's definitely the connection.

Late october should be fixing the netcode, for now just find a friend to play in endless lobby private because that's the best way to make do with the currently broken netcode.

Onemic

This whole time I was just assuming you were using a MadCatz stick because I hadn't heard of issues with Hori sticks. My mistake. Based on some reading, this is an entirely different case based on a different set of PCBs, then. It doesn't look like anyone got HRAP sticks (3 or 4) to work on 64-bit Windows laptops. This driver seems to work on 32-bit installations:

http://perso.numericable.fr/geraud/fs3drv-0.4.zip

Directions are included.

Otherwise, the last thing I would suggest is the DS3Tool, which is what I use to use my PS3 pads on Steam games, etc.

http://www.motioninjoy.com/download

Well, I tried the driver....and it doesnt work on my laptop. Seems like the problem is because the driver was made way back in 2008 and and as such doesnt support any x64 version of windows which I have.

I'll try the alternative DS3 method you mentioned. It's my last hope for USF4 on the go...

Who else is looking to play on PC? It's not worth venturing into the laggy Land of No Footsies (ranked), so I don't know what to do.

Are you in Texas? I can play against you if you are around that general area. I'm unfortunately playing on wifi, so it's really iffy. really hard to mash out those cr.mk into rapid daggers on Decapre when the game skips. Eventually I'll just get a really long ethernet cord. Probably can't play right now though, my niece is sleeping and my arcade stick doesn't have silent buttons.

Are you in Texas? I can play against you if you are around that general area. I'm unfortunately playing on wifi, so it's really iffy. really hard to mash out those cr.mk into rapid daggers on Decapre when the game skips. Eventually I'll just get a really long ethernet cord. Probably can't play right now though, my niece is sleeping and my arcade stick doesn't have silent buttons.

No, all the way up in Iowa/ Illinois.

I couldn't play for about 2 weeks and now I'm even more trash with everyone except Ryu. I can't handle Akuma's short arms and his links are going to take practice. I'm tired of Evil Ryu and relying on difficult links, I'm not going to play Yun anymore, and I don't feel aggressive enough to play Dudley even though I've put the most time into him of anyone.

THE ANSWER LIES IN THE HEART OF BATTLE

I couldn't play for about 2 weeks and now I'm even more trash with everyone except Ryu. I can't handle Akuma's short arms and his links are going to take practice. I'm tired of Evil Ryu and relying on difficult links, I'm not going to play Yun anymore, and I don't feel aggressive enough to play Dudley even though I've put the most time into him of anyone.

THE ANSWER LIES IN THE HEART OF BATTLE

Clearly violence is not who you are.

And just earlier I finally completed a full 4 bar axe kick loop without dropping anything like last time, WOOT. I felt so bad ass, too bad it didn't kill though. My opponent had like 1% health left. After the match ended he sent me hate mail to lol. Playing on Xbox is so much better than PC right now. I can actually hit those hard links that you're complaining about Snacks. I really hope the final patch brings the PC version to at least the equivalent of the Xbox version.

As for Omega mode, I don't think a date has been announced yet. Combofiend did say later this year in the Omega mode video so at least we know it'll be out within 2 months. I hope they start releasing some videos showcasing changes just so we know how wacky and bizarre these changes are while waiting for the final release.

i think im going to pick up Yang to work no my low attacks/low block position to hadouken motions. that transition is my biggest hurdle.

that's one of my main weaknesses. a lot of characters rely on linking low attacks into dp/qcf motions and vice-versa.

yang in particular since he requires faster and more stringent inputs for his rekka.

i wish i had lag with kadey so i could blame my losses on that ;-;

impact

Banned
It could be both, but it's definitely the connection.

Late october should be fixing the netcode, for now just find a friend to play in endless lobby private because that's the best way to make do with the currently broken netcode.

We had to wait 2 months for the game and another 2 for a netcode patch. I just love buying Capcom games on PC :)

anyone down for games on PC?

Steam name: Black_vegeta

I'll play you if you are around Texas or state around there. I'm on wifi and I've had a hard time getting decent connections in ranked. My steam is simsiriphanh, there is more than one black vegeta so I'm worried about sending an invite to the wrong one.

Oh, I've come across you before once on ranked. I was GoGetPaid. It was probably hella laggy.

I think I remember that name. Yea, I need a long ethernet cable. I can't even confirm into hands that well. Were you a Balrog? Also is there a way to check if I have any disconnects? I have had matches where it says it couldn't connect to opponent, I wonder if I was penalized for it.

mbpm1

I think I remember that name. Yea, I need a long ethernet cable. I can't even confirm into hands that well. Were you a Balrog? Also is there a way to check if I have any disconnects? I have had matches where it says it couldn't connect to opponent, I wonder if I was penalized for it.

I was a Ken. Who do you play? I'm pretty in the dark about DCs as well. It doesn't happen often enough for me to check I think. There is an option when you make a room to see the DC rate for the players though.

On a side note, anyone know if there's a way to stop Eryu from doing blockstrings into Axe kick all day (as Ken)? I thought you could throw him out of it bc I saw it in Topanga or the MCZ Exhibition but I've had no luck with that at all and I don't want to risk a DP against Eryu when he can just not do it or the axe kick will trade. I played one guy a few matches and he kept doing it so often that I swear one time he fricking stunned me even with blockstrings. I won a few times but I want to know if there's a way to stop that shit.

I was a Ken. Who do you play? I'm pretty in the dark about DCs as well. It doesn't happen often enough for me to check I think. There is an option when you make a room to see the DC rate for the players though.

Yesterday I was trying out Decapre in matches. I know I can check other player's disconnect rate, just wonder what mine looks like because sometimes I get that can't connect message after 1 round and I really don't want to look like I'm pulling the plug.

mbpm1

Yesterday I was trying out Decapre in matches. I know I can check other player's disconnect rate, just wonder what mine looks like because sometimes I get that can't connect message after 1 round and I really don't want to look like I'm pulling the plug.

Doesn't your DC rate come up on the same screen? It always does for me.

Top Bottom