• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ultra Street Fighter IV |OT| What is old is new once again

Os heavy uppercut wrecks Poison's wakeup options. Beats backdash, cataches the backlip and will beat out every uppercut or trade with EX. She shouldn't be able to use any safejump setups against Ken and some of her safe fireball pressure setups in the corner will be beat clean by by medium uppercut which catches a lot of Poison's off guard.

nice, thanks!

CO_Andy

I have no idea who that is and I still expect nothing
HD Remix ring any bells? Played any retro compilations or officially emulated games in the previous two generations?

Beef said:
IIRC Backbone's problem wasn't netplay, but a lack of features.
The company's no M2 but they're at least adequate. PS3 stick compatibility... who knows if it'll make it in.

You guys should probably bug Mike Mika on twitter if you want it in.

Owensboro

So how many of you getting Ultra PS4?

I'm going to grab it with the hope that I can finally find some people with MICs to play the game with, and they can help me get better. What's really going to happen is I'm probably going to dork around with Hugo and Dudley during the first week, and then quit.

....at least I know myself.

DunpealD

I want to make a series of video tutorials about how to get into fighting games.
*snip*

Maybe before thinking about going in-depth. How about doing a single video that summarizes the impotant game agnostic stuff like Frame Data first, featuring multiple games. I always see people lacking the knowledge how to approach any fighting game, putting out multiple videos might be too intimidating in this case. A single video with immediate effect might pull them to watch the other vids.

So how many of you getting Ultra PS4?

Getting it, too. Always up for some USF4, so having it ready at any time when playing on PS4 makes it convenient.

xCobalt

I have a strong feeling it's going to be mad glitchy or something.

I have no faith in this port tbh

There's always that possibility. I'm kinda optimistic though...I think with all the resources they're putting into the series and the competitive scene, having a stable version would be a priority.

Z..

Guys... I bought PS3 USFIV (am currently without a PC so I had to double dip to scratch the itch) around a week ago during the PSN sale... I've been trying to play every single day on numerous occasions and every damn time I get the same message over and over. "The host has removed you from the session". This happened to me once or twice over a year or so of playing the Steam version, what the fuck is up with the PS3 community that NOBODY will play me just 'coz I have no PP? Literally haven't fought a single match... thank god the game was only £10.

Also, been using my 360 TE stick with a cross battle adapter 2.0 and I've gotta say, this thing really works, if there's any input lag at all, I can't tell!

Well, off to bed...

Z..

Create matches instead.

I have been doing so too, but I just sit there forever as people come in and immediately leave. I'm stuck at 0PP, bah.

Edit: Also, I'm not really noticing any difference from PC/360 regarding the 2 frame input lag ps3 is supposed to have. I've been playing SF4 since it came out (Vanilla/Super on 360, Arcade Edition and Ultra on Steam) so this should be throwing me slightly off my game but it's just not getting in the way at all, I can't feel any difference when it comes to the timing of my inputs, and considering I main Cammy it should be fairly noticeable, right?

Onemic

I have been doing so too, but I just sit there forever as people come in and immediately leave. I'm stuck at 0PP, bah.

Edit: Also, I'm not really noticing any difference from PC/360 regarding the 2 frame input lag ps3 is supposed to have. I've been playing SF4 since it came out (Vanilla/Super on 360, Arcade Edition and Ultra on Steam) so this should be throwing me slightly off my game but it's just not getting in the way at all, I can't feel any difference when it comes to the timing of my inputs, and considering I main Cammy it should be fairly noticeable, right?

It's because you play on PC. The 360 version is the only version of the game without the 2 additional frames of input lag.(And soon to be PS4) The PC/PS3/Arcade version all have the same amount of input lag.

Z..

It's because you play on PC. The 360 version is the only version of the game without the 2 additional frames of input lag.(And soon to be PS4) The PC/PS3/Arcade version all have the same amount of input lag.

I did not know that at all. I thought it was just the ps3 version... now that I think of it, when I did get Arcade Edition and moved over to steam it did feel slightly off at the start, now I know why.
Weird that the arcade version has it, though. Oo

Fought a dude on xbl named Moss So Evil or something like that. The guy had 5000+ PP and 19000+ BP with Viper. Holy shit. He was solid as fuck. Thank goodness I have some decent counters for Viper.

Who does viper even lose to?
deejay apparently
kttcoliwow

Blocking + fundamentals.

I've noticed blocking burn kicks is a LOT easier offline. Trying to block them shits online is basically useless

Guys... I bought PS3 USFIV (am currently without a PC so I had to double dip to scratch the itch) around a week ago during the PSN sale... I've been trying to play every single day on numerous occasions and every damn time I get the same message over and over. "The host has removed you from the session". This happened to me once or twice over a year or so of playing the Steam version, what the fuck is up with the PS3 community that NOBODY will play me just 'coz I have no PP? Literally haven't fought a single match... thank god the game was only £10.

Also, been using my 360 TE stick with a cross battle adapter 2.0 and I've gotta say, this thing really works, if there's any input lag at all, I can't tell!

Well, off to bed...

Sit in training with fight request turned on.

stn

I hate characters like Viper. You watch a Ryu v. Sagat match, for example, and think to yourself This game is pretty decent at illustrating footsies and classic SF gameplay. That all goes to shit when Viper, Seth, and others enter into the equation.

Who does viper even lose to?
I have no idea who she loses to according to matchup tier lists or whatever, maybe Honda?

Personally I counter stupid with stupid(er), so I usually do my best work against her with Fuerte and Rolento. Though I can certainly hold my own against her with Rufus, T.Hawk, and Vega.

If I played Ibuki I think that would be a good pick as well, but I will never stoop that low.

I think I'm going to hold off on the PS4 version. I just built a PC and I'd rather just continue to play there for now. Plus I don't want to buy a PS4 stick as there is seemingly a shortage of them.

For me Viper isn't even too much of an issue. El Fuerte on the other hand...

ShinMaruku

This game sometimes... I just need somebody to break down this bullshit to me. :p
DOA I get, but this? Nah I don't have the vocabulary. Hopefully my latest videos can provide me some answers from somebody who is fluent. Because I sure as hell can't.

mbpm1

This game sometimes... I just need somebody to break down this bullshit to me. :p
DOA I get, but this? Nah I don't have the vocabulary. Hopefully my latest videos can provide me some answers from somebody who is fluent. Because I sure as hell can't.

what don't you get

ShinMaruku

what don't you get

I'll link the vids here:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ycl85VBlx2E For example I just get kept in the corner and don't know how to properly zone him out.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ycl85VBlx2E
Is generally how can ya focus out and throw me when I was trying to throw.

Also I just think I need to find better ways of making my hits count. Sometimes we get same amout of first hit but they block and other bullshit.

I just think it's my lacking vocabulary.

Then he tells me go get mkx
I don't care for that game. Worse that it will probably be a bad time, I just say fuck it even if I was interested

zlatko

Banned
I may get USF4 on PS4, but not at release.

I want to know about that netcode, and I need to be done with Witcher 3 first.

DunpealD

I was trying to get some space to zone because that was the only way I saw I had a chance. Unless there is another way.

I can do some matches.

k, lets play.

In SF4 you sometimes have to stand your ground and fight for every inch. Dudley normals have short range and can get blown up by lows easily when he is not watching it.

Onemic

There are so many characters in the game(11 to be exact) that I will pretty much lose to no matter which character I choose and no matter how unskilled the player using the character is. At this point I feel like I'll never figure some of the MU's out.

Case in point

switch the hugo player with a 100pp player and the result would be exactly the same

ShinMaruku

This game is a foreign language to me. Oh Capcom you made a game. Fuck them if they think people are going to learn it sight unseen though. :p

ShinMaruku

I would say Guile is nothing but normals but I have no idea really. The fact they made him charge killed all of my interest. But seeing that he is charge it would serve for him to be normal centric.

There are so many characters in the game(11 to be exact) that I will pretty much lose to no matter which character I choose and no matter how unskilled the player using the character is. At this point I feel like I'll never figure some of the MU's out.

Case in point

switch the hugo player with a 100pp player and the result would be exactly the same
Well you didn't really do much. You barely threw out any rekka's and you did no flying kicks or whatever the hell they're called. Not dissing your play if that's your playstyle, but just wondering why you didn't throw out much offense.

Top Bottom