• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ultra Street Fighter IV |OT| What is old is new once again

I need a sparring buddy on steam, someone add me so you can body my ass:

onem1c

playonxbox

orbuytheps4version

Onemic

playonxbox

orbuytheps4version

ps4 version is mine as soon as it hits the 26th. Till then im bout dat steam life. Netcode is legit now too since the patch.

everyone i know is on that 360 version, i only know like one dude with the ps3 version. however, a lot of those people sold/are selling their 360s for ps4s so i can see that version becoming the de facto macho man randy savage salsa nam sayin ayo toast is tasty with the right spread

everyone i know is on that 360 version, i only know like one dude with the ps3 version. however, a lot of those people sold/are selling their 360s for ps4s so i can see that version becoming the de facto macho man randy savage salsa nam sayin ayo toast is tasty with the right spread

image.php

#BARS

Laws00

I'll advocate that Xbox360 is the version to play.

I'm concerned about the PS4 version as it won't live up the hype lol

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
I'll advocate that Xbox360 is the version to play.

I'm concerned about the PS4 version as it won't live up the hype lol

Isn't Capcom trying to make the PS4 version the tournament standard, going forward? It better be good!

I'm hoping the port turns out well. I have USF4 on PC and PS3. I would play it on 360 if it were free to play online, but I'm done with paying for XBL. PS+ is enough.

Finally got my console wired again. Looking forward to USF4 PS4 in two weeks!

I'm kind of like this now, too. I still buy too many games and really should stop, but while I still enjoy arcade and arcade-style games (so fighting games, FPS multiplayer, beat-em-ups, etc.), I just can't get into 99% of all the "AAA" action/adventure games.

This right here. Its the reason why I only play fighting games and arcade games nowadays.

I see many people recommending Bloodborne to me, but I really think I'm going to quit after 2-3 hours like I normally have with other action/adventure/RPG games. Those games seem quite time consuming and probably won't hold my attention span when I'm forced to go through another hour of hack and slashing to level up or earn some item. I don't know if what I said sounds stupid but I think you get the idea of where I'm going with that. For now I'm just going to stick with USF4, so I'll be getting the PS4 version in a few weeks.

Besides SFV, the only thing in gaming I'm really looking forward to is all the VR stuff that I guess is coming out next year. Reading all the hype in those VR threads has sold me on at least getting one and finally trying it out for myself. Besides, I hear their are some other cool stuff that it can be used for besides gaming lol.

Onemic

I see many people recommending Bloodborne to me, but I really think I'm going to quit after 2-3 hours like I normally have with other action/adventure/RPG games. Those games seem quite time consuming and probably won't hold my attention span when I'm forced to go through another hour of hack and slashing to level up or learn some item. I don't know if what I said sounds stupid but I think you get the idea of where I'm going with that. For now I'm just going to stick with USF4, so I'll be getting the PS4 version in a few weeks.

Besides SFV, the only thing in gaming I'm really looking forward to is all the VR stuff that I guess is coming out next year. Reading all the hype in those VR threads has sold me on at least getting one and finally trying it out for myself. Besides, I hear their are some other cool stuff that it can be used for besides gaming lol.

Bloodborne is pretty similar to FG's since you gotta read/react to enemies attacks and counter them effectively. It's really not like your typical action RPG at all. Im pretty similar to you in that I usually dont finish the games I buy, but I still consider my Bloodborne purchase more than warranted. Bloodborne and the souls games to me are games that you pick up and put down at different intervals, especially because it's really challenging. I'd say as an FG player if there was any non FG game to buy, it should be bloodborne.

Anyone recommend a good arcade stick for the PS4?

Hori HRAP4 or Mad Catz USF4 TE2

Onemic

Yeah, I would get the Mad Catz TE2 but it seems sold out everywhere. The Hori is pretty expensive at $300.

Woah, where are you looking? The HRAP4 is generally 50 bucks cheaper that the TE2. I only paid 150 for mine.

EDIT: It seems that both sticks are sold out on Amazon. Must be why the one listing for HRAP4 has it at double of what it should be

vg260

Woah, where are you looking? The HRAP4 is generally 50 bucks cheaper that the TE2. I only paid 150 for mine.

EDIT: It seems that both sticks are sold out on Amazon. Must be why the one listing for HRAP4 has it at double of what it should be

The 4Kai is not even listed as being sold by Amazon. Was it a limited release? Perhaps until the HRAP5 is out and is the default offering? That's what I was afraid of and why I jumped on it early. No idea.

xCobalt

HRAP V came out for japan only i think. You can import it for like $200. I would have done it but don't wanna risk paying customs on top of it.

Lyte Edge

I see many people recommending Bloodborne to me, but I really think I'm going to quit after 2-3 hours like I normally have with other action/adventure/RPG games. Those games seem quite time consuming and probably won't hold my attention span when I'm forced to go through another hour of hack and slashing to level up or earn some item. I don't know if what I said sounds stupid but I think you get the idea of where I'm going with that. For now I'm just going to stick with USF4, so I'll be getting the PS4 version in a few weeks.

I skipped Bloodborne. Couldn't get into the Souls games so that was enough for me. I did like Dragon's Dogma though. Put some time into it on 360...then lost all that when I decided to drop MS and stick with Sony/Nintendo after E3 2013.

There are some other games you ought to check out and branch out a bit with. Have you played the Hotline Miami games or Shovel Knight, for example?

Get DMC4:SE when it comes out for PS4. Mechanics are basically that of a fighting game.. I will be getting a PS4 soon so it will be nice to play some of the Gaffers I was not able to play being stuck on PS3 version of USF4. And who knows maybe they might tweak the netcode..

DunpealD

I think people recommended Bloodborne to you, because you said you like Mega Man. Bloodborne is like a modern Super Castlevania where things are pretty much set in stone and you have to use memorization, skill and strategies to go past the stage to fight against a boss, plus rpg elements. In any case if there are old games you haven't played yet, those might be a safe bet.

So about 2 weeks away from PS4 release of USFIV, is it also getting an OT? Hopefully there will also be news about the SFV beta.

Thanks for the continued advice guys. Funny thing about the mention of DMC is that I use to be one of the really big DMC fanboys with Dahbomb back in the IGN days of the early 2000's. But that's also a game I've fallen out of love with. I use to love it so much. Same goes for Metal Gear, I bought Ground Zeroes but had almost no desire to play it But anyways we've been getting off topic with this discussion. Goo thing no mod steps foot in this thread.

I haven't touched USF4 since Friday. I really burned myself out on it and I'm contemplating whether or not to play today. I don't want to play randoms again, they're the source of my pain lol. I'm not free tonight but if any of you guys are down to play tomorrow afternoon then let me know.

mbpm1

ALways fun when you come across someone who's understanding of the game is clearly only focused on using special moves and jumping in and hitting you with training mode combos, but you can't figure out how to beat/avoid his special moves and get caught by jumps while you're trying to figure out how.

Onemic

Thanks for the continued advice guys. Funny thing about the mention of DMC is that I use to be one of the really big DMC fanboys with Dahbomb back in the IGN days of the early 2000's. But that's also a game I've fallen out of love with. I use to love it so much. Same goes for Metal Gear, I bought Ground Zeroes but had almost no desire to play it But anyways we've been getting off topic with this discussion. Goo thing no mod steps foot in this thread.

I haven't touched USF4 since Friday. I really burned myself out on it and I'm contemplating whether or not to play today. I don't want to play randoms again, they're the source of my pain lol. I'm not free tonight but if any of you guys are down to play tomorrow afternoon then let me know.

Do you play on Steam at all?

BizzyBum

I haven't played this in a long time, but I'm still getting it for the PS4. It's just annoying how PS4 sticks seem to be in short supply.

Played Justin tonight 11 times in USF4
kttcoliwow

lost to Justin tonight 11 times in USF4

kBVgFEX.gif

I got #Clapped.

Definitely the best player I've ever played. I've never felt so helpless in my life. He played a set against everybody that was there..

P81kespl.jpg:small

nigga didn't drop a single game. son went in.

I asked Justin if he asked Combofiend why Capcom decided to nerf Deejay.. dude said Capcom/Japan hates that nigga gawddamn

Kbrad/Noel didn't end up coming through, I think they went to a bar in somewhere in Toronto. Probably get more games in tomorrow.

Copy & Paste from the FGW thread

ShinMaruku

Sounds like the time I played Setholol in sfxt or when I played Kwiggle and Sonicfox in DOA, get clapped. But I hope you get a round at least. :p

Onemic

I play on all 3, soon to be 4. Well maybe back to 3 because I might retire the PS3 when the PS4 version comes out.

What's your steam id? I really need to start playing people better than me.

Played Justin tonight 11 times in USF4
kttcoliwow

lost to Justin tonight 11 times in USF4

kBVgFEX.gif

I got #Clapped.

Definitely the best player I've ever played. I've never felt so helpless in my life. He played a set against everybody that was there..

P81kespl.jpg:small

nigga didn't drop a single game. son went in.

I asked Justin if he asked Combofiend why Capcom decided to nerf Deejay.. dude said Capcom/Japan hates that nigga gawddamn

Kbrad/Noel didn't end up coming through, I think they went to a bar in somewhere in Toronto. Probably get more games in tomorrow.

Copy & Paste from the FGW thread

How I feel when I play BV

Imm0rt4l

What hints?
I don't remember where the post was on gaf. But he quoted a gaffer who said that madcatz will not make ps4 compatible with ps3 sticks . He quoted it for posterity, as if and when it happens he can say "you were saying?? Kappa"

played a 3.2k pp Ryu who did nothing but jumping back and HK.

beginning of the match the first thing he would do is start jumping back doing HKs into the corner and stay there, making me chase him.

he was one of the most frustrating matches i've ever had. i knew what he was gonna do. his strategy was the most basic shit imaginable. but he was still grating my nerves.

all hits were trades. he knew basic Ryu comboes so once in a while he would randomly jump forward and do Ryu BnB off the ground. He would switch to HP to trade my anti airs.

at first i wonder how he got such a high rank. now i see how.

mbpm1

beginning of the match the first thing he would do is start jumping back doing HKs into the corner and stay there, making me chase him.

he was one of the most frustrating matches i've ever had. i knew what he was gonna do. his strategy was the most basic shit imaginable. but he was still grating my nerves.

all hits were trades. he knew basic Ryu comboes so once in a while he would randomly jump forward and do Ryu BnB off the ground. He would switch to HP to trade my anti airs.

If you don't have a DP, and sometimes even if you do, Jordan Ryu can be very frustrating.

Lyte Edge

Played an awesome 3000+ PP Seth player who near-perfected me with one match when I picked Chun. Totally shut me down. Interestingly enough, I was able to beat him pretty easily with Hugo. Didn't have to do much...the damage Hugo does to Seth is huge.

Who were you using? If it was anyone with a projectile, I would have played just as boring as he did and zoned him the entire match.

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
So it's 50% off on PC, can someone give me an honest opinion on it? Especially online play. I'm coming from MKX which has awful button delay and lag and virtually no one playing it.

Lyte Edge

So it's 50% off on PC, can someone give me an honest opinion on it? Especially online play. I'm coming from MKX which has awful button delay and lag and virtually no one playing it.

The online play is much better in USF4 than it is in MKX. Generally I find the population lower on PC, but am always able to find Endless lobbies to play in.

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
The online play is much better in USF4 than it is in MKX. Generally I find the population lower on PC, but am always able to find Endless lobbies to play in.

Nice, the download just finished so I can try it before I buy. I really wish demos were still a thing, it's so rare these days. I haven't played SF since I was a kid so I'm totally clueless of the mechanics.

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
I'm in practise mode and I just don't understand these buttons, is there no tutorial mode that explains the basics? Like I want to do a Shoryuken, it's telling me to do a z on the pad plus punch? :D

Onemic

I'm in practise mode and I just don't understand these buttons, is there no tutorial mode that explains the basics? Like I want to do a Shoryuken, it's telling me to do a z on the pad plus punch? :D

you're on the dpad, so just do:

fwd-diagonal, fwd-diagonal punch for the shortcut motion

the real motion is:

fwd, down, fwd-diagonal punch

I remember when I first started and didnt know what the hell that z meant either lol. And yes there is no tutorial unfortunately. The closest thing to a tutorial are the individual character challenges

I can give you a better breakdown if you wanna do an online training session, just add me on steam

Skilletor

I've been playing a lot on PC. If anybody wants to get some games in, add me on Stream:

Skillzilla81

Suck at the game, but need practice for EVO.

Top Bottom