• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ultra Street Fighter IV |OT| What is old is new once again

So I bought the frame data app on my Android phone. As soon as I learned that the jab version of Decapre's, and Rolento's rekka are -3 and Poison is -4 I'm started mashing DP every time someone playing those characters use those moves against me. They seem to have little to no push back and from the looks of it, mashable 3f DP's are automatic punishes without any timing required.

ShinMaruku

After a few hours in a lobby I have settled on my main and Secondary for bad match ups and shits and giggles

Juri as my main and Cammy as my secondary. Since I hear they are top 10 I expect to get some good milage as I level up.
This game and the DOA5u updates keep me very happy. Now just put this on PS4 Capcom and we have a winner.

Threi

notag
You went to her from Deejay, that's like coming into your first car after only knowing tricycles.
dude...200+ punish of one move xx dp cancel

like WTF. DeeJay can barely hit that with 2 bars

all of her normals can actually combo into other normals

and hit people

OceanBlue

lag might be a problem for me, I get really annoyed by it these days :(

I feel the same way. We can play a few games, and if it's too bad then we should probably stop lol. I'm EC if that's something you're curious to know.

Edit: Actually, it's kinda late so I'm probably going to head to bed. Also, why do all of the new characters have weird reeling animations?! D:

Tansut

I'm assuming it's because more people are playing tonight, but is it waaaay laggier than it was last night for everyone else?

Finally decided to take it on PS3, while waiting for the PC version, since most of my friends are on PSN and Capcom doesn't like PC.
Were the loading times on PS3 always this atrocious compared to the other two versions? I barely had any on PC and I don't recall loading that much X360, but now I have to wait almost as much as the match length to battle again.

Also, how cow I love T.Hawk even more right now. His Condor Spire is so delicious to use, it goes faster and farther and he really needed the extra speed. Now I don't feel like I can be zoned as much as before and it's really neat. I gotta get used to using SRK+K, though.

Anyway, I'm Spotty Ren on Steam and BlueKatamari on PSN.

alstein

Finally decided to take it on PS3, while waiting for the PC version, since most of my friends are on PSN and Capcom doesn't like PC.
Were the loading times on PS3 always this atrocious compared to the other two versions? I barely had any on PC and I don't recall loading that much X360, but now I have to wait almost as much as the match length to battle again.

Also, how cow I love T.Hawk even more right now. His Condor Spire is so delicious to use, it goes faster and farther and he really needed the extra speed. Now I don't feel like I can be zoned as much as before and it's really neat. I gotta get used to using SRK+K, though.

Anyway, I'm Spotty Ren on Steam and BlueKatamari on PSN.

They are. PC spoils you. PSN is so ass for SF4.

Hope PC issues get solved by August so I can ditch PS3 until Ultimax.

xCobalt

I've mostly just been trying to frame trap people.

Got anything that works well? Don't have the frame data app and it seems like no one has uploaded it yet. I believe cr.mp and close mk are positive on block. You can also do a stinger right beside someone. There seems to be a lot of frame advantage on it since I can sweep someone if it hits.

Got anything that works well? Don't have the frame data app and it seems like no one has uploaded it yet. I believe cr.mp and close mk are positive on block. You can also do a stinger right beside someone. There seems to be a lot of frame advantage on it since I can sweep someone if it hits.
I have the app but I have yet to look at it since I'm impatient and the type that just likes to figure shit out. This will be the first time I've actively used frame data, haha. But I figured it would give me something to do while I'm at work. I'm about to head to work, so if you wanna know any specific moves, let me know.

But from experience I've been using cl.mk and cl.hk. Even though the close and far HK are the same animation, I think they have different properties. I think the close one does less damage, wtf. But I think it's positive on block.

Cr.mp has been working out very well too. And it easily links to cr.mk

The attack where he rolls backward and jumps forward is likely positive on block too. And you can easily combo after it hits.

And stinger for sure.

Onemic

The more I play Elena, the more I like her(not that I didn't before, but still) It's gonna take a long ass time before I'm anywhere near competent with her though.

Wish I was home, cause I'd be down. All the E.Ryu's I've fought have been pretty bad. I suppose that's because everyone is just now jumping on the bandwagon. But yeah, it would be nice to fight a decent one.

Hmm, we've never played so it's hard to say how good I actually am compared to those other Evil Ryu's you've played. But maybe we can get some games in another time. I haven't played many GAF'ers lately outside of a few guys.

xCobalt

I have the app but I have yet to look at it since I'm impatient and the type that just likes to figure shit out. This will be the first time I've actively used frame data, haha. But I figured it would give me something to do while I'm at work. I'm about to head to work, so if you wanna know any specific moves, let me know.

But from experience I've been using cl.mk and cl.hk. Even though the close and far HK are the same animation, I think they have different properties. I think the close one does less damage, wtf. But I think it's positive on block.

Cr.mp has been working out very well too. And it easily links to cr.mk

The attack where he rolls backward and jumps forward is likely positive on block too. And you can easily combo after it hits.

And stinger for sure.

Someone just posted his frame data on reddit
. Thanks though! By the looks of it, his hk are the same and is negative on block. The frame advantage on stinger is insane! +19 on hit and +11 on block. This is done at the lowest point possible though. Knife throw can occur on the 9th frame while you're only airborne on the 12th. If you delay it long enough and throw the knife as soon as you're airborne, +16 on hit and +8 on block is still great.

Gambit61

The more I play Elena, the more I like her(not that I didn't before, but still) It's gonna take a long ass time before I'm anywhere near competent with her though.

Yeah, I was using her all day today offline and its much easier to land her combos/links. Right after my offline session I played another friend online and could barely land things I was just doing offline. I think I just need more time to get used to online.

Malalaw

Finally getting decent with Rolento. So much trial and error on this game. One mistake and you get punished so hard. Love it!

Renekton

Yeah, I was using her all day today offline and its much easier to land her combos/links. Right after my offline session I played another friend online and could barely land things I was just doing offline. I think I just need more time to get used to online.
How tough are her links? Like 1-frame or more lenient?

. Thanks though! By the looks of it, his hk are the same and is negative on block. The frame advantage on stinger is insane! +19 on hit and +11 on block. This is done at the lowest point possible though. Knife throw can occur on the 9th frame while you're only airborne on the 12th. If you delay it long enough and throw the knife as soon as you're airborne, +16 on hit and +8 on block is still great.
Unless I'm reading it wrong, cl.Hk is +2 on block. Also the reddit page and the app seem to have some differences.

[QUOTE="God's Beard!";114821728]Super jealous of you console-owners.

I'll just go back to my laggy Dudley ranked matches on PC :-([/QUOTE]
Well what did you get rid of your ps3 for? :p

My first upload on PS3

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TKE_FaNV9zQ

You damn right I uploaded it because I looked good :p

On the other hand I finally started experiencing that weird problem that some of you guys have been talking about. In a couple of my matches I had that "waiting for player" issue in the middle of a match. In one of them it happened over and over and sometimes when my opponent and I were next to each other which made the stand off kind of funny when we were back to normal.

Lag has been hit and miss though for me. Some games go quite well like the one I uploaded while others were just a mess. And one last thing, PS3 has been pretty free so far. I'm still undefeated at 12-0 so far in ranked. And by no means do I consider myself a good player, about average at best. I think my win rate on Xbox Live is about 60 or so after about 30 matches on that console.

App says close standing HK is +6 on hit and +2 on block.

Hmm, we've never played so it's hard to say how good I actually am compared to those other Evil Ryu's you've played. But maybe we can get some games in another time. I haven't played many GAF'ers lately outside of a few guys.
Haha, well judging by the vid you just posted, you're much better than the ones I fought.

I'll try to add you some time during the weekend. I played the hell out of the game yesterday and today (about 200 matches) because I knew I most likely wouldn't be able to play again until the weekend.

Threi

notag
tried to guile fadc into ultra with decapre...didn't work :sadface:

goddamn she can combo into a lot of stuff though.

low strong into low strong

low strong into low forward

stand fierce into low short

shit is ridiculous

MarkMan, you're killing me. Stop playing with my emotions!

Also,
ikXMxdr.gif

Top Bottom