• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ultra Street Fighter IV |OT| What is old is new once again

Mzo

And sent me messages about how we had no honor and such.

I love people like that.

I haven't talked much about this game, but i've been playing it the past few days. Got my Dhalsim and Honda up to C and my Chun to a C+.

It was so disappointing to see them take out Sim's two-hit mk between PAX East and now =[ I was looking forward to it.

T. Hawk is a pretty annoying fight. Just need to zone him out and punish their condor dives. I think standing roundhouse reaches with Rose. If you fight one of the very few T. Hawks that is actually good and isn't just spamming bullshit, you might be in trouble.

I have Ultra and I wanted to watch some old replays from way back. I loaded one up and the game freezes in the versus loading screen.

Turned off system, turned it on again, loaded the game and tried again. It freezes again.

Anybody experience problems with this?

MrMephistoX

More evidence for USF4 on PS4?

Ultra themed arcade stick with a PS3/PS4 switch so you can play on both consoles.

http://www.destructoid.com/mad-catz...er-iv-stick-has-a-ps3-ps4-toggle-276030.phtml
Gotta get this. One arcade stick, two consoles.

That's super tempting...does it work on PC? I've been rocking the madcatz TE on 360 with Cronus Max for Killer instinct but am thinking of trading up for either a TE2 or now...this. I wonder if the ps4 compatibility means I could use it on XBONE w Cronus Max ?

Or shit keep the Cronus Max and get a te2 to run on PS4 for that matter...

MechaX

Welp, picked up Ultra last night.

Yikes, playing this makes me realize that I am extremely out of practice for SF (hell, the last time I really played SF4 was before I even got my Arcade Stick, so that is going to take some getting used to). It's been so long I don't even really remember how to do some links (even though I only really played Ryu).

Now before I just revert to Jump + HK into cr.HK shit, Is there a good beginner's tutorial I can just run through for stuff?

Hugo was fun as hell in SxT but here he is comple shit: Armor in SP is stupid, he can't combo from cMP, Lariat punch is useless outside combos (and that with LK, any other Kick is insta-counter), his throw range is bad and his U2 has a strange hitbox that makes him miss EVERY TIME.

Yep, if the opponent is right next to Hugo head it will whiff. I think I can punish a neutral jump, but Hugo just goes below it. It especially sucks when I try to do a Snackish set up in the corner and it just doesn't work. I think I will switch to using standing fierce as my antiair in those situations or EX backbreaker.

ArjanN

Being a lowtier hero is overrated but i understand the feel. Play who you like I say.

Basically. He's just not as retarded as before he still has a shit ton of options. He cant force you into guessing games over and over quite as easily but the character still got options/mixups out the ass. The character is naturally cheap.

Eh, I wouldn't really call Seth cheap, he's still a glass cannon.

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
So last night:

local play, me vs Ken, we go back and forth about 50-50.

I say, "lemme try something out really quick".

By the power of edition select, I choose Super Dhalsim instead.

I win 4 in a row.

Yeaaaaahhhhhh.

Threi

notag
A Deejay beat Combofiend's Makoto in a FT5 in this version!

Dee Jay does have some good matchups, a few really good ones.

...sigh.

DeeJay definitely beats hugo, but hugo seems to struggle with fireballs. Thats it. He never beat gief, barely beat hawk (and now that definitely aint the case), and used to go even with all shotos except evil ryu (and the sobat nerf really hurts him in these matchups; thats no longer the case)

...man why the fuck am i even bothering. I tried for 3 years and it just falls on deaf ears. Im bout decapre now anyways, yall can keep on trucking with your uninformed opinions.

Nose Master

So Poison's DP has got to be the worst in the game, right? Good god. It's like winning the lottery if you connect all the hits.

vg260

That's super tempting...does it work on PC? I've been rocking the madcatz TE on 360 with Cronus Max for Killer instinct but am thinking of trading up for either a TE2 or now...this. I wonder if the ps4 compatibility means I could use it on XBONE w Cronus Max ?

Or shit keep the Cronus Max and get a te2 to run on PS4 for that matter...

These are all good questions. Trying to figure all this out myself. If the cronus max worked on PS4, that's all I would need.

K.Sabot

The startup on Poison's HK.DP is like 10 frames? Yeah, Poison's is bad.

Yeah but she has invuln frames on a normal DP.

Also the MP one is 4 frames, it has invuln frames (at the very start but only until the 3rd frame I believe), the hk one is not supposed to be used as a reversal or anti air imo.

She blows up a bunch of meaty setups with HK dp, mk generally used a pre-emptive anti-air when not using a normal, and ex for everything else. She really should be using normals as anti-airs anyways.

...sigh.

DeeJay definitely beats hugo, but hugo seems to struggle with fireballs. Thats it. He never beat gief, barely beat hawk (and now that definitely aint the case), and used to go even with all shotos except evil ryu (and the sobat nerf really hurts him in these matchups; thats no longer the case)

...man why the fuck am i even bothering. I tried for 3 years and it just falls on deaf ears. Im bout decapre now anyways, yall can keep on trucking with your uninformed opinions.
I feel you mayn. Fuck Deejay
unless they revert his nerfs in the August patch

Decapre and Elena right now

She blows up a bunch of meaty setups with HK dp, mk generally used a pre-emptive anti-air when not using a normal, and ex for everything else. She really should be using normals as anti-airs anyways.

cr.HP is really good for AA.

st.MP and st.HK seem like they have some use too.

Gr1mLock

Passing metallic gas
I wish there was a match making option to filter out some characters. Its 2014 and if youre playing ryu? I want nothing to do with you.

Nose Master

Other than standing HK, what normals are good for Poison to anti-air? The hitbox on both of her Fierce Punches is fucking buttholes.

Gr1mLock

Passing metallic gas
God my Yang is garbage. I havent even gotten any hatemail. Not to mention that im barely winning two out of like six matches.

Westlo

Did many other characters get stealth buffs? Ken got a few.

LP SRK lost a frame on recovery but also lost 3 frames of block stun, so better on hit/whiff but worst on block. (pity that lp srk into kara ex srk still doesn't hit on all cast members though)

EX Air Tatsu now hits overhead like it did in Vanilla and Super

HK Air Tatsu hitbox buffed, crosses up all day now. F.SRK Fake thunderkick c.lk meaty if they rise or neutral jump hk tatsu for crossup.

c.mk hurtbox the same as super, not 100% confirmed though.

sweep recovery 20 frames.

and unlike when ryu got his fireball dmg buff they buffed his chip on fireball to do 18 dmg, Ryu 70 dmg and 15 chip, Ken 70 dmg and 18 chip. If his recovery wasn't so ass he would have the better fb lol.

Edit - lol just saw combofiends tweet about no stealth changes, guess that shows you how involved he was.

LTWheels

I'm not very good, but I'm enjoying Poison. She makes me want attempt to properly learn how to play again.

I like how her fireballs work. I get great satisfaction of using the right speed of a fireball to trick the opponent into jumping on it, and trying to create some tricky situations using the slow fireball.

Heh:

[AG] LuckyD
‏@fortunatedaniel
So if you wake up red focus and your opponent throws and kills you, game does not register meter loss. 0 meter gets used @ultradavid

Wake up Red Focus for the YOLO

Lost Fragment

Obsessed with 4chan
match with John Choi

kept getting outpoked trying to play footsies with c.mp so i switched it up to c.lk buffer ex hayate or ex fuki. pretty neat to be able to buffer such a quick poke into a midscreen mixup w/ ex fukiage

also my higher quality upload from yesterday only shows the 144p option now? not sure what's up with that. just gonna stick to low quality for the time being

Yea her midrange got buffed pretty good.

Is ex fukiage viable as a midrange whiff punisher? Don't have much time to play anymore so I haven't bought it yet.

Top Bottom