• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ultra Street Fighter IV |OT| What is old is new once again

tfw you get somebody into a soft knockdown with Elena, use Healing right in their face, they wake up ultra, you cancel the healing and proceed to get up in dat ass.

Tried uploading a match on PS3 to youtube and now it's stuck on the vs screen with the character artwork. It's been like this for about 10 minutes now. Is this happening to anybody else? Just when I thought PS3 USF4 would be better than the 360 version at at least one thing this happens.

EDIT: I just reset my PS3 and set the quality to low and now it works. Oh well so much for dat high quality.

I've won like.. 30-40 matches straight online with Elena lol. Not all ranked tho

only 4-5 good players tho

I want to upload a video of HEALING but this Youtube thang don't work.

Onemic

I've won like.. 30-40 matches straight online with Elena lol. Not all ranked tho

What do you do against players that refuse to play footsies? so far that's like 100% of the people I play against in ranked lol.

What do you do against players that refuse to play footsies? so far that's like 100% of the people I play against in ranked lol.

MALLET SMASH.

Most of the time I just let them kill themselves by doing stupid shit lol.

Is uploading a video supposed to take like 20 minutes? I've been trying to upload this video and it's been recording for like 10 minutes going slow as shit.

PSN or 360? My win rate on 360 is like 65-70% I think. But on PSN I'm over 90. Hell I know for a fact I've only lost 4 times in 40+ matches. Of the 4 guys I lost to I was basically random'd out by 3 of them. No faith in those guys besides going for hail mary's and hoping they work.

But seriously, where are all the good or average(like me) players on PSN? The only name I saw and recognized was Dr. Chaos but I could never get into his room. I think he's also playing Evil Ryu right now. That would have been pretty cool to play a mirror match with him.

Here is another one of my matches. I basically just wanted to highlight how Evil Ryu can react to delayed wake up.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bZ_NOHF7NcQ

I do my normal "ambiguous jump in" timing. If I see "technical" then I'll dive kick instead to maintain pressure. Not a guessing game though since I'll always stay in front him my opponent. But this guy kept going for reversals against me. So I delayed my dive kick even more to dodge his DP and punish.

Onemic

MALLET SMASH.

Most of the time I just let them kill themselves by doing stupid shit lol.

Is uploading a video supposed to take like 20 minutes? I've been trying to upload this video and it's been recording for like 10 minutes going slow as shit.

somehow they're always outside of mallet smash range....

upload dem vids!

He was most certainly not top tier in 2012. Top half, absolutely. But you'd have to argue a very hard case for him to even crack the top 10, and those arguments mostly from people who like (or dislike?) Kazunoko too much.

Even with all the nerfs most of his matches stayed favorable for him. How many legitimate bad matches does he have? 5-6? He's not not top 5, but he's top 10 for sure.

I would have been so mad lol

I really want to upload the good matches, but 30 minutes an upload is too much. That match I uploaded is literally the last match I just played lol

I'm saying tho, if you can get a good couple hearings off, Elena will have the most health in the game lol

Threi

notag
The funniest thing is if you play a char that doesnt take damage off in large chunks *cough* the elena could potentially get multiple ultras per round lmao

Elena's wild ride never ends

The funniest thing is if you play a char that doesnt take damage off in large chunks *cough* the elena could potentially get multiple ultras per round lmao

Elena's wild ride never ends

I'm telling you. I've gotten 3 healings off vs a Hugo because he couldn't get into punish me lol.

He could do a full screen backbreaker, but if I cancel it ~ get bodied b

xCobalt

Dont do this.

Ayyyy got a double perfect with Elena lmao, Rolento is so free on wakeup. Mad Deejay-esque

Can't confirm anything yet but as I was testing setups, I ran into a situation where I could block both ways. In 2012, this sometimes meant that the unblockable setup was off by a frame or two.

BiggNife

Is Hugo totally powerless against Blanka or is it just that no one knows the matchup yet?

I've played a couple and none of them figured out how to counter blanka ball so it made it a cakewalk.

Shackzam

Is Hugo totally powerless against Blanka or is it just that no one knows the matchup yet?

I've played a couple and none of them figured out how to counter blanka ball so it made it a cakewalk.

Can't Hugo just anti air grab on hit or block to punish it?

Guys...i have a confession to make

I am....really loving Decapre right now.

Im so ashamed...but it feels so good man

q3O8A.gif

bring back the freejay

Marz

Whoop de doo. Her model is messed up I can't even hit her half the time.

Anne

So, after messing with safejump stuff, after DWU I'm just doing meaties since that sets up the timing perfectly. Seems to be my best bet since a lot of chars can't adjust for it.

TheMink

Color me impressed, I'm always so excited when i win just once with a a character I've been playing for five years haha

Top Bottom