• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ultra Street Fighter IV |OT| What is old is new once again

Onemic

What are Elena's setups that gives her time to go into Healing?

Full healing or Heal Cancel?

I'll just copy and paste the post I made detailing this on SRK:

U2 Setups

There are two different types of U2 setups, full U2 setups and U2 Cancel setups where you cancel U2 a few frames after it activates by pressing :lp::mp::hp: at the same time. There are two main ways of setting up for full U2, off a backthrow and off EX SS. U2 cancel setups on the other hand can be setup from her regular SS or EX SW as well on most characters. Full U2 setups only work on a few characters(mainly grapplers) and most of those are only off a backthrow. Most characters will need U2 cancel setups instead to avoid being punished. U2 cancel setups off backthrow or EX SS work on the entire cast.

Full U2 Setups off EX SS will only work on: Zangief

Full U2 Setups off backthrow will only work on: Hugo, Zangief, Hakan(non oiled), Rufus, Dhalsim

U2 Cancel Setups off regular SS / EX SW will not work on: Yun, Makoto(with meter), Any character with a projectile invincible ultra(i.e. Chun U1, Dudley U1, Adon U1, etc.)

To create a Full U2 or U2 cancel setup off EX SS, simply take any combo in the combo thread that cancels into any of her specials as an ender and replace it with EX SS(i.e. from the 2 bar hitconfirm section: c.LP, c.LP, c.MP xx EX MS, c.LP, c.MP xx lk RH, EX SW EX SS, U2)

Of course like Blackula said, you can just YOLO and do it anyway if you think they don't know what they have to do to punish.

I loved how the health went up, then Hawk grabbed dat ass and said "NOPE" and sunk it back down.

It's funny because I knew that shit doesnt work on Hawk, I just wanted to see if you knew what you had to do to punish it....It surprised me you did :(. That's why the second time I did it I canceled that shit ASAP to bait you but you just did a dash instead...

anyone up for ultra on psn? i hope theey fixed the issues already :l

3147829_o.gif

Kieli

Does anyone know how to get controllers to work with SSFIV:AE (PC, Steam)?

I have the Hori Fighting Commander 3 Pro (which is PC compatible). In the controls menu, all I see are keyboard 1/2 options. I can't even navigate the menus with the controls, much less set up the buttons.

G-Pink

Guys. Guys I'm so bad at this game. But I'm committed to putting in at least a couple matches a night, at most quite a few.

The best strategy for learning a character is something that's escaping me right now. I'm trying to narrow my focus during a match to one or two things that I'd like to do well. The combination of the pressure of playing against someone online, and the pressure of execution of those one or two things, then the consideration that I'm leaving myself too open in other situations making me reconsider focusing on something is really hurting me during matches.

Does it just take time to get more comfortable? Or is there some mindset that I need to put myself into in order to calm down, and start executing better? What kinds of things should I be thinking about going into a match?

h.Mallet Smash~cr.MPx l.Rhino Horn x Ex.DP = 391 midscreen for one bar lol.

If they kept Elena's damage from the arcade version she might've been doing Vanilla Sagat damage.

Onemic

h.Mallet Smash~cr.MPx l.Rhino Horn x Ex.DP = 391 midscreen for one bar lol.

If they kept Elena's damage from the arcade version she might've been doing Vanilla Sagat damage.

yup, the damage she gets off hp mallet smash can hit insane levels.

Im talking 500dmg / 600 stun if your execution is on point

Top Bottom