• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ultra Street Fighter IV |OT| What is old is new once again

Tansut

Guys. Guys I'm so bad at this game. But I'm committed to putting in at least a couple matches a night, at most quite a few.

The best strategy for learning a character is something that's escaping me right now. I'm trying to narrow my focus during a match to one or two things that I'd like to do well. The combination of the pressure of playing against someone online, and the pressure of execution of those one or two things, then the consideration that I'm leaving myself too open in other situations making me reconsider focusing on something is really hurting me during matches.

Does it just take time to get more comfortable? Or is there some mindset that I need to put myself into in order to calm down, and start executing better? What kinds of things should I be thinking about going into a match?
It's definitely a game where you have to take your lumps starting out.

And because I'm no master of it, I can only tell you this from experience, the times where I even begin to get worked up my play will start to fall to pieces, without fail. Earlier this afternoon I was doing really well, and I think part of it was that I was totally calm the entire time. I had just gotten off work and I was feeling really relaxed and kinda tired so I just chilled with some Street Fighter and things clicked.

Anyway, starting out I'd say just don't be afraid to lose or feel bad about losing. That's how it always goes at the beginning.

Even though Kurokiba is like top 3 best Deejay's.. he stands no chance lol.

Combofiend was on a stream talking about how he uses Deejay the most right now and he feels he's really underrated and Deejay players are not looking at the positives.

COMBO PLS. FOH

Threi

notag
since usf4 i haven't once been able to land deejay's far mp as an antiair, which is strange as hell.

Dunno what happened to it (aside from 1f faster startup)

Combofiend was on a stream talking about how he uses Deejay the most right now and he feels he's really underrated and Deejay players are not looking at the positives.

COMBO PLS. FOH

and here is where we all go "OH GOD MAN STOP BITCHING SO MUCH ABOUT DEEJAY ALREADY"

Onemic

since usf4 i haven't once been able to land deejay's far mp as an antiair, which is strange as hell.

Dunno what happened to it (aside from 1f faster startup)

and here is where we all go "OH GOD MAN STOP BITCHING SO MUCH ABOUT DEEJAY ALREADY"

You're just a scrub if you can't use Deejay properly. He's really good.

Trickster

When a good Hugo gets you into the corner and starts clapping your ass

Fchamplooksgoodenoughtoeat.gif

fixed it

Damn that gif is hilarious

I got the invite, 7 man room now with me. Welp, time to check out what's happening on the internet.

I went to the old GAFchat on PSN. For some reason I didn't expect you guys to still be using it.

OceanBlue

Man, this lobby stuff ain't for me. lol

I find them more enjoyable than ranked because I like playing the same people and trying stuff out. Lobbies are great! Too bad my internet is shit. :<

Lol as always I have problems with fireball characters. I get too antsy which leads to me eating a ton of fireballs because I want to move forward or I get too cocky thinking I can block a fireball at the last second.

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer

COMBO PLS. FOH
Actually he didn't say anything of the sort. He said he's playing Deejay a ton because he seen Deejay players complaining and he really wants to know if it's overblown or he's actually been oblivious to the character.

GG guys, I only wish my connection to some of you guys were better.

Man, this lobby stuff ain't for me. lol

Well if it's the "I'm only playing once every 30 minutes" thing then that's definitely understandable. I find it more fun to play with familiar faces and chat a bit during the matches. But the fact that I went around the world probably helped make it more fun. Sitting on the side line for a long period of time to only lose again and repeat the process sucks

Try asking for some of the guys to play in smaller lobbies like 2-4 people. Should definitely be more enjoyable and you get to play more frequently and try stuff.

Next gen fighting games need the option for hosting servers people can connect to and play so you don't have to pray you don't have bad routing between you and your foe...

GGs BV. You adapted to Elena really well throughout the set.

I probably ate maybe like 50 DP's throughout the set.

Really not liking the Sagat/Elena matchup though. She doesn't really have anything to deal with the tiger barrage and her jump is so floaty and obvious making it really easy to AA.

Onemic

GG guys, I only wish my connection to some of you guys were better.

Well if it's the "I'm only playing once every 30 minutes" thing then that's definitely understandable. I find it more fun to play with familiar faces and chat a bit during the matches. But the fact that I went around the world probably helped make it more fun. Sitting on the side line sucks.

Try asking for some of the guys to play in smaller lobbies like 2-4 people. Should definitely be more enjoyable and you get to play more frequently and try stuff.

I'm all about 2 - 3 man lobbies. I really can't stand playing in lobbies bigger than 3 people.

GGs BV. You adapted to Elena really well throughout the set.

I probably ate maybe like 50 DP's throughout the set.

Her hitbox when she's crouched ugh, 2nd hit on tigerknee whiffs. Capcom pls. I would use that to apply pressure but that's a no go.

Her normals...50/50 high low gamble while playing defense. The loops, the loops...Capcom pls. That slide, hard as hell to punish unless she does it point blank. I had to space them out eventually. Her jump is an easy punish, so floaty.

Hopefully a top Sagat player plays her on stream or something, need to x-copy some tricks. Ggs once again, needed to she what she's capable of.

Man, watching Edition Select matches on Iplaywinner right now is fucking hype. F. Champ played Vanilla Seth and bodied a Vanilla Ryu. But even all his bull shit isn't enough to take down the king when all he needs is like 3 or 4 to kill Seth lol.

Her hitbox when she's crouched ugh, 2nd hit on tigerknee whiffs. Capcom pls. I would use that to apply pressure but that's a no go.

Her normals...50/50 high low gamble while playing defense. The loops, the loops...Capcom pls. That slide, hard as hell to punish unless she does it point blank. I had to space them out eventually. Her jump is an easy punish, so floaty.

Hopefully a top Sagat player plays her on stream or something, need to x-copy some tricks. Ggs once again, needed to she what she's capable of.

Another thing, even though DP~FADC Forward is -5, I haven't been able to grab you out of it once.

Elena's throw range is straight pitiful lol, her hands are going through the opponent and it doesn't recognize shit.

Also, HEALING.

Top Bottom