• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Uncharted 2: Among Thieves | The Official Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

witness

Loving the single player so far, up to chapter 9 now and wow its amazing. Blows away the original in every possible way and the majority of the games I've played for over 20 years. Had a chance to play a bit more co op and vs multi and I think its great. Wish connecting and matchmaking happened faster, but once it happens its smooth as can be.

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
I'm stuck on
the last boss
and completely fucking annoyed.

jhenedo

Banned
witness said:
Loving the single player so far, up to chapter 9 now and wow its amazing. Blows away the original in every possible way and the majority of the games I've played for over 20 years. Had a chance to play a bit more co op and vs multi and I think its great. Wish connecting and matchmaking happened faster, but once it happens its smooth as can be.

I approve this message. After playing gow3 i realized more how a cohesive script is needed hand in hand with great graphics to make a great game. It was still a good game.

dralla

recklessmind said:
I'm stuck on
the last boss
do you know bullets and grenades damage him?
when he's stunned from the explosive sap, shoot him.
there's really not much else to say, he's quite easy

grumble

recklessmind said:
I'm stuck on
the last boss

I found him very easy, though tedious. I never even got hit. The trick is to note that the whole arena is a giant circle with some paths in the middle. Just kite the boss around the circle, blowing up the sap as necessary. Be careful about too much stunned shooting, though it makes things way faster. You'll have to run in a circle pretty much constantly.

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
grumble said:
I found him very easy, though tedious. I never even got hit. The trick is to note that the whole arena is a giant circle with some paths in the middle. Just kite the boss around the circle, blowing up the sap as necessary. Be careful about too much stunned shooting, though it makes things way faster. You'll have to run in a circle pretty much constantly.

That's what I'm doing... but it's taking forever. Then I die right at the end.
I didn't know bullets hurt him :lol I've been trying to kill him just with the explosive sap and an occasional grenade

It was like 2 am at the end of a four hour session and I just wanted to see the end of the game. I'll probably do it first try next time I play.

Lord Error

Insane For Sony
What are the easiest trophies to get from the DLC update? As someone who doesn't play online all that much, they all seem really difficult to get :\

Yeef

Lord Error said:
What are the easiest trophies to get from the DLC update? As someone who doesn't play online all that much, they all seem really difficult to get :\
They're all fairly easy, some just take longer than others. The co-op ones are probably the easiest.

Kittonwy

Banned
Still my favorite game of ALL TIME.
Indifferent2.gif

I came up with a neat Uncharted 3 idea during my 4th playthrough while in the ice caves.. I'll leave the details of the adventure to the pros but here's what I have:

Remember all the remains of Shafer's expedition? The ropes, boxes, ladder bridges etc? Well what if the new game tasked Drake with setting up his own expedition? How cool would that be having to actually figure out a way across gaps and up walls without stuff already conveniently available? I think this would take away some of the linearity issues some people have with the game.

I also see co-op working very well here. Let's say a bridge needs to be made to get the equipment across a gap. Person A climbs some ledges and gets to a higher point where he lowers a rope for person B with light equipment (can't climb ledges). While up there, person A creates a rope swing to get across this shorter gap. Person B now must throw the equipment to person A across that gap. This could be a fun mini-game where timing and accuracy is key. Person C waits behind to construct the first half of the bridge while persons A and B across the gap construct the other end of the bridge. I picture those rooftop bridges from UC2 but 2 needed to meet in the middle. Now if this were a 4 player co-op game, I can see 2 shooters, one on each side, needing to defend the builders from an enemy ambush. To balance things out and make it fun for all players, I imagine having the bridge builder injured causing the shooter to take over while the injured player rests against a rock with a gun needing to defend his buddy .

That's just one scenario of many that I've thought of.

People want to see Tenzin back and the only way I see that happening is if Drake was tasked to lead an expedition and hiring those he's worked with and trusted in the past. Imagine seeing Drake, Sully, Elena, Chloe, Tenzin and possibly new characters plus the random human mules carrying equipment all making their way through some tombs together... fucking awesome. I also see Eddy and Rika's return as they have their own team assembled. Eddy has a giant scar on his neck and Drake of course questions why he's working with his sister because they both know what happened in the past (Eye of Indra for those who don't know). I see the teams joining together after some animosity because they are both losing people fast. BUT, something terrible happens and Eddy is trapped while everyone is forced to exit the tomb until later when they finally rescue Eddy. Here's the kicker.... DLC! Uncharteed: Eddy's escape. Yeah, i went there. You play as Eddy from the time he's trapped to when he's rescued to see what has happened during that time period as well as the discoveries he has made which answers questions of why Eddy acted a certain way at the end of the game.

It's hard putting this stuff into words but my job allows me the time to think of this stuff and I love it. ND, if GAF approves, I don't mind if you steal my idea at all.

arne

How are spawn points feeling these days on multiplayer?

I got word this morning that the maps and spawn tweaks are fully rolled out for now and that they only affect The Facility, The Fort and The Ice Cave at the moment.

Mr. Sam

Finally got a wireless connection. Tempted to dive on in but I'm wary I'll get absolutely destroyed. Haven't played game in ages.

I played this game today for the first time since December and damn i forgot how fucking good the graphics are!

I don't understand how some people are trying to say GOW 3 looks better than this.

Darkatomz

ghostofsparta said:
I played this game today for the first time since December and damn i forgot how fucking good the graphics are!

I don't understand how some people are trying to say GOW 3 looks better than this.
ghostofsparta
(Today, 12:12 AM)

??

NeoUltima

ghostofsparta said:

I think GoW3 has single moments(the intro for one) better than anything in UC2. But as a whole, UC2 is better. imo

NeoUltima said:
I think GoW3 has single moments(the intro for one) better than anything in UC2. But as a whole, UC2 is better. imo

This is probably right. UC2 is just more consistent. However, I have no doubt the 2nd game from SSM will trump UC2 easily in every aspect graphically.

Of course, by then we might have UC3! :D

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
iamcool388 said:
This is probably right. UC2 is just more consistent. However, I have no doubt the 2nd game from SSM will trump UC2 easily in every aspect graphically.

Of course, by then we might have UC3! :D

Uncharted 3 with MLAA. Homerdrooling.jpg

fbgamer

Banned
I beat this game probably a week and a half ago. I thought the beginning and end was amazing; the delivery is great and the game looks gorgeous.

But, there are some moments in the game that just feel like a drag. I particularly didn't enjoy the snowy chapter at all when you're following that Tibetan dude around. And I think they could have seriously done without the whole Avatar-esque crazy goons they had you fight towards the end.

Other then that -- great game

Mr. Sam said:
Finally got a wireless connection. Tempted to dive on in but I'm wary I'll get absolutely destroyed. Haven't played game in ages.

Probably not, well as long as you dont play the DLC, some of the people playing are pretty decent; though I hear over the headset alot of all these people coming from MW2 and getting destroyed in this game...

I am playing on Crushing and I can't get past the damn steroid boss on the train. I can't seem to win the QTE's. I press triangle but the guy still owns me...im getting tired of this.

ghostofsparta said:
I am playing on Crushing and I can't get past the damn steroid boss on the train. I can't seem to win the QTE's. I press triangle but the guy still owns me...im getting tired of this.

Time your presses for Triangle. If you're on the last part, you have to do it three times in a row.

Good luck, I kept getting owned by Lazarovic at the end.

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
ghostofsparta said:
It's not that horrible. time your presses.

I'm playing through Uncharted 1's Crushing Mode and man is it fucking BRUTAL. I don't know how I'm going to beat the whole game...

Irish

Gyrian said:
My friends list continues to be mostly populated by the U2 GAF crowd.
I know lately it's been Heavy Rain, BFBC2, and now GOW3; but I'm not done with this one yet, and I hope a number of the regulars aren't either. :]

Don't you dare delete me. :p

I'm still up for some Uncharted 3 MP as long as ND decides to wait at least four months before breaking the game like they did with this one. (Yes, I'm damn hard to please. Fortunately, it was perfect when it debuted, so I'm glad you waited until Spring Rush to completely change the feeling of the game. There wasn't a period of having nothing to play. :p )

I swear, I will get back into this. It's just the last three weeks have been occupied with FFXIII, GoWIII, Heavy Rain and Pokemon.

I hope I haven't gotten any worse.

Rewrite said:
It's not that horrible. time your presses.

I'm playing through Uncharted 1's Crushing Mode and man is it fucking BRUTAL. I don't know how I'm going to beat the whole game...

Crushing wasn't that hard just watch out for that water room and use blindfire A LOT. It will save you countless times,also keep aware of the enemies at all times because most of the time they will all come at you from different directions.

Kittonwy

Banned
Irish said:
Don't you dare delete me. :p

I'm still up for some Uncharted 3 MP as long as ND decides to wait at least four months before breaking the game like they did with this one. (Yes, I'm damn hard to please. Fortunately, it was perfect when it debuted, so I'm glad you waited until Spring Rush to completely change the feeling of the game. There wasn't a period of having nothing to play. :p )

All these people on my friends list and it's damn hard to find anyone to play U2 MP with (co-op doesn't really count, outside of getting that trophy, I don't really want to play co-op when I can play against real people).

No game is ever perfect, the fact is after a couple of months gaf PS3 basically moves onto the next thing, it happened to Killzone 2, it happened to Uncharted 2, the "changes" is just an excuse.
Indifferent2.gif

DEO3

ghostofsparta said:

What's weird is I died more to this guy in my normal play throughs than anyone else, but during my crushing run I killed him in one attempt which took like 10 seconds, and I have no idea how. He ran up to me, we started fist fighting, and all of a sudden it was over. :lol

Irish

Kittonwy said:
All these people on my friends list and it's damn hard to find anyone to play U2 MP with (co-op doesn't really count, outside of getting that trophy, I don't really want to play co-op when I can play against real people).

No game is ever perfect, the fact is after a couple of months gaf PS3 basically moves onto the next thing, it happened to Killzone 2, it happened to Uncharted 2, the "changes" is just an excuse.
Indifferent2.gif

Hey, I'm new to online gameplay and I really did love U2. It stopped being fun and even people who don't have BFBC2 aren't playing it anymore.

Zen

Banned
Irish said:
Hey, I'm new to online gameplay and I really did love U2. It stopped being fun and even people who don't have BFBC2 aren't playing it anymore.

Might just be all the other games that just came out, once I'm done FFXIII/GoWIII I'll be back to playing Uncahrted 2 multi, and it's not like the number of daily players took a nosedive or anything.

Rikyfree

Zen said:
Might just be all the other games that just came out, once I'm done FFXIII/GoWIII I'll be back to playing Uncahrted 2 multi, and it's not like the number of daily players took a nosedive or anything.
Yea, once I plat gow3, which should be soon, I'll be right back to U2 MP

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom