• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Uncharted 2: Among Thieves | The Official Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

CozMick

Banned
Chamber said:
I'll probably play a bit more today but another million definitely isn't happening. :lol

Oh well, it'll happen eventually, just don't turn into one of those "I'll play Plunder to rank up faster, but fuck the objective" kinda guys :lol

Rubenov

All right so I just bought this game and started playing online. I do not see any options for a multiplayer store for boosters and what not. Do I need to finish single player first before I can access the store???

jett

D-Member
Rubenov said:
All right so I just bought this game and started playing online. I do not see any options for a multiplayer store for boosters and what not. Do I need to finish single player first before I can access the store???

You access the store with R1 on the main multiplayer menu, you buy boosters with money you've made from multiplayer.

Mooreberg

is sharpening a shovel and digging a ditch
Does anyone know what the deal is with ND's stats pages? It says my most used hero skin is something that I can't even purchase yet, and the kills/playtime/etc stats seem to have no correlation whatsoever to what is actually displayed in the actual game stats menu.

TripOpt55

Thanks to double cash weekend I got to level I or whatever (the one after 50). Pretty cool. I mean it was a combination of playing it more because of the DLC and the double cash but still. I did get to try the maps once each again today. I prefer The Museum a bit myself, but maybe it's because I'm just a bit better at it. The Highrise seems to not suit my style of play. I have used the sniper rifle in them both a lot more than I do in any other level. I never even pick the sniper up in other levels.

Irish

VsRobot said:
Maybe that's what you meant, but it is not what you said. Don't apologize that I was offended -- that means nothing, is patronizing and really isn't an apology. It's what you say when you really aren't sorry but are being forced to say something because you got called out. You should have apologized for what you said. Which you still haven't done, btw.

I didn't "misunderstand". Maybe you can accuse me of being too literal, but don't say you genuinely apologized when that is a flat out lie. How hard is it to actually say you're sorry for what you did? Man up and take some fucking personal responsibility.

I'm ready to move on, but I would like to see you stop pretending that "I'm sorry you were offended" is an acceptable response. That's almost more offensive than your original statement.

So, if we both happened to get banned at the same time, will we be forced to rely on that Xbot, Somnium? :p

Anyway, I had a great time last night guys. Not because I like the game again (not at all), but because it was fun to play with some of the group I haven't had a chance to see in a while.

I need to play with Yeef, Gyrian, Lux, Jeramii, Kilgore, CJ, and Dave some more as well.

So, Naughty Dog, got any plans for another experimental weekend? You can call it the "Uncharted 2 Classic" experimental weekend and put everything back to the way it was. You can set up another poll, ignore the results if they go against what most of us want, and then change stuff anyway. Then, you can turn that experimental weekend into an experimental couple of years, right?

Chamber said:
At last, level 50!

2uxv12p.jpg

Made it from 51 to 54 this weekend!!!

I stay using "Invalid" lol.

I hate randoms so much. My team was down a man already and getting our asses kicked and some douchebag decides to kick me because he is such an idiot that he runs over to my grenades twice in a row.

jax (old)

Banned
SuperSonic1305 said:
I hate randoms so much. My team was down a man already and getting our asses kicked and some douchebag decides to kick me because he is such an idiot that he runs over to my grenades twice in a row.

sometimes you kick people because you're pressing x and the game pops up those screens kind of suddenly. I've been kicked by my mates by mistake.

so the new mappacks are good? I bought the last DLC but I played maybe 2 weeks and almost everyone has moved on so I didn't get this one yet.

Rikyfree

Man, had a great game as guy buttersnaps. Went 35-4 on plunder as a lowly level 15. Such shame was cast upon the higher level players that their ps3s exploded.

Yeef

Irish said:
I need to play with Yeef, Gyrian, Lux, Jeramii, Kilgore, CJ, and Dave some more as well.
I need to play with people that aren't Ryan and Qlark more and you just so happen to fit the bill!

Levi

Banned
5 million in one sitting! That's what I call a lazy Sunday. Hit Level 58, now I get to use Come Get Some.
and pair it with DTI

Hey, ND, raise the cap to $75K or $100K all the time. You might worry higher caps = more farming, but higher caps actually encourage more negative boosters from the most skilled players, which is a good thing for the newbs. :D All weekend, been running into a ton of guys using double-negatives. Much better than the usual "Sit. Awareness / FF" combo I always see. Makes the game a lot more balanced and fun!

#ILoveTripleCash

#ILoveUncharted2

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
sanji_blue said:
Someone has any tips to get the BBQ medal? I'm at lvl 35, and managed to get only one until now, and it was in Plunder ._.

well since they nerfed the explosion radius, BBQs are pretty tough. Not to mention they don't respawn and they aren't on any of the DLC levels. You could quickly run to it as soon as the match starts and set a trap up in a high traffic area and shoot it when someone runs by.

They should be respawned after 5 minutes or so, and should be on all the levels. They're not. :(

Went from level 42 to 48. ND should do more double XP weekends since it's pretty much the only thing that gets me playing anymore.

Wish it was double XP all the time :lol

DonMigs85

I haven't played the game in a while so I had 5 updates waiting to install. It got stuck around 54% on the 4th update then eventually gave me some sort of connection error and went back to the XMB. I tried starting the game again then it prompted to install the updates once more. It said "Please wait" then the whole PS3 rebooted and I had to resync the controller again! It did this twice in a row but then it started working right and now the last 2 updates seem to be downloading fine. Should I be worried? I hope it's not a bad sign...
EDIT: ugh gave me an error 80710723 on the final update... Wonder if it's the game, my console, or my wifi network...

Yeef

It seems like everyone uses Skeltons with Situational or DTI. It's so incredibly annoying. They really need to give the skeletons and the Playstation heroes some sounds, even if they're just generic.

Finally updating this game since Winter. purchased the map pack bundle and siege and currently am downloading.

add PSN: Broadbandit if you wanna play together

jett

D-Member
Yeef said:
It seems like everyone uses Skeltons with Situational or DTI. It's so incredibly annoying. They really need to give the skeletons and the Playstation heroes some sounds, even if they're just generic.

Yeah I was just about to bitch about this. Skeletons are boring to play as and boring to play with. ND seriously dropped the ball wit those stupid skellie skins.

jett

D-Member
p.s. the wet clothes effect for baseball shirt drake are borked. and plz fix the framerate for co-op, it's borked too.

TripOpt55

I finally got to try some Siege mode and it's pretty sweet. Me and another person made it to Wave 9 twice, but couldn't get through to the end. I loved it though. It's just enough of a tweak to the co-op to make it feel new. Pretty fun stuff.

I'm going to miss Double Cash weekend when it ends Monday. At least we got Double Cash, though, I thought we weren't going to get it again for a very long time. I only have 3 more trophies to get as well. I just need You Can’t Break Me, You Run, I’ll Shoot, and Kneel Before Z…. I have two medals towards the Kneel Before Z... trophy. One I did intentionally, and the other just happened awesomely. They were both in The Lost City. The first one I got, was done by throwing a grenade down by an enemy and running by him blindfiring the pistol. The other was cool. I was running for the hammer down below, but a teammate got it. I saw a dude in front, and I started shooting him with the pistol. At the same time, my teammate was using the hammer against him, so I got the medal. I didn't even think I was going to get it that time, but I'm glad I did.

Going through Co-op Objective on Crushing is going to be rather difficult. I'll just have me and my friend play through them, since it was easier with just two people to get through them on Hard. Nepal is going to be the easiest, then The Sanctuary, and then... oh goodness, The Village. The Village gave me nightmares after going through it on Hard, and now I have to go through it on Crushing. I'm determined to get that trophy, so I will when my friend has time. The You Run, I'll Shoot trophy seems like it's going to be a bit challenging as well. I'll make sure when I play Plunder to shoot anyone who is shooting at the treasure bearer. I just think this trophy will take the longest, especially since each medal requires 5 kills. I haven't played Plunder much, though, so it might actually be easy, I don't know.

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
:lol @ Melfice7's pictures.

Today, I played with a Yet-To-Be-Approved NeoGAF member! That was a trip! Out of all the times I've played with random people, today marks the first time someone recognized the name "GAF". Hahahaha.

So Mr. Benjiman, if you're reading this thread...I played with you tonight! We kicked ass dude. One of these months/years/YEARS/YEEEEEEEEARS you'll be approved! :lol

Irish

Damn, that sucks.

Oh well, at least you 'busted yo grill' like a man instead of randomly chipping a tooth while eating re-fried beans at Jaripeos.

Now for the U2 joke:

That shit wouldn't have occurred pre-1.05. Should have been camping at the goal with Situational Awareness instead of skating around.

Massa

jett said:
p.s. the wet clothes effect for baseball shirt drake are borked. and plz fix the framerate for co-op, it's borked too.

It seems fine here, have you tried deleting the game data from your PS3?

Wowbagger

alr1ghtstart said:
well since they nerfed the explosion radius, BBQs are pretty tough. Not to mention they don't respawn and they aren't on any of the DLC levels. You could quickly run to it as soon as the match starts and set a trap up in a high traffic area and shoot it when someone runs by.

You'll get a BBQ medal if you kill someone by blowing up one of the generators on Highrise.

Gyrian

Wowbagger said:
You'll get a BBQ medal if you kill someone by blowing up one of the generators on Highrise.

Shocking. Positively shocking.

Melfice, those snaps are awesome!
Navarro just lends himself to photography. Here, let me dust off and old classic.

v7d0lk.gif

Sad to have missed mostly all of the moneyed weekend, but there were some great games last night. Except for that one Plunder in Highrise with the three level X players. Not one attempt from that team to get the treasure. They racked up the kills, we racked up the win. How is this fun for them, again?

Salz01

So how does one win at fisticuffs fights? I seem to never win a one on one duke out. Is it the first person that throws the punch? Is there a Badge that you can wear that lets you withstand a second hit? I used to win some, but now, I go down each time.

jett

D-Member
Salz01 said:
So how does one win at fisticuffs fights? I seem to never win a one on one duke out. Is it the first person that throws the punch? Is there a Badge that you can wear that lets you withstand a second hit? I used to win some, but now, I go down each time.

You die in two punches. Protip: don't bother throwing two punches. What you need to do is shoot a few bullets into the guy and then throw a punch, that will usually a kill him. 3 bullets or so will do it. Most of the time you'll both die, but it's better than you just dying. :p

Salz01

jett said:
You die in two punches. Protip: don't bother throwing two punches. What you need to do is shoot a few bullets into the guy and then throw a punch, that will usually a kill him. 3 bullets or so will do it. Most of the time you'll both die, but it's better than you just dying. :p

Thanks for the tip!

Facism

managed to get a few lagless games in this afternoon. the lowered hp really isn't a problem when your not dying after getting into cover or being melee'd after you killed the guy. Infact i think the pace is a lot better. shame it doesn't hold up when there's even a tiny bit of lag.

Wish the DLC wasn't so overpriced cos i'd probably make U2 the exception to my rule about not paying for maps. I could probably play a bit more with you guys and not feel guilty about denying you playtime on the new maps (tis why i left when id did last night after wowbagger said he missed them).

Wowbagger

Facism said:
Wish the DLC wasn't so overpriced cos i'd probably make U2 the exception to my rule about not paying for maps. I could probably play a bit more with you guys and not feel guilty about denying you playtime on the new maps (tis why i left when id did last night after wowbagger said he missed them).

Ah, I didn't know you don't have them. Eh, it's alright. I'd rather play with you on the old maps than some random noob on the new.

Kittonwy

Banned
Gyrian said:
Shocking. Positively shocking.

Melfice, those snaps are awesome!
Navarro just lends himself to photography. Here, let me dust off and old classic.

v7d0lk.gif

Sad to have missed mostly all of the moneyed weekend, but there were some great games last night. Except for that one Plunder in Highrise with the three level X players. Not one attempt from that team to get the treasure. They racked up the kills, we racked up the win. How is this fun for them, again?

Holy smoke.
Indifferent2.gif

Gyrian said:

Well I imagine they like killing dudes, and people focused on capping the treasure make easier targets. I imagine some people out there would be happy just shooting unmoving targets with no weapons as long as they're is someone out there in the real world 'controlling' the target.

Gyrian

PedroLumpy said:
Well I imagine they like killing dudes, and people focused on capping the treasure make easier targets. I imagine some people out there would be happy just shooting unmoving targets with no weapons as long as they're is someone out there in the real world 'controlling' the target.

True enough, but what baffles me is that this would make sense from a 'need-to-grind-more' mentality, yet these guys were both very high level or downright maxed out. They can go nowhere else but to play the game for the sport, so to speak. This isn't what they were doing. It didn't showcase a great level of skill, and it doesn't even sound fun over the long run.

It's as if we had been playing Gold Rush against player-controlled baddies, come to think of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom