• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Uncharted 4: A Thief's End Multiplayer |OT| Swinging To Victory

Drencrom

I really hope they add a Co-op Survival mode like the one in Uncharted 2 later this year (fall 2016).

Me and a friend spent so much time in that horde mode in my UC2 MP days.

Revven

One of the best things about U3 multiplayer. Hope they bring them back.

If UC3 is anything to go by, we probably won't see these maps until all the new maps are released. As if I recall correctly, The Lab didn't actually start until Naughty Dog was done with their initial season pass for UC3 (the map packs and Co-op stuff).

As bad as this might sound we are probably at least a year off from that being added to the game. But maybe I'm wrong, I hope I will be because if The Lab dropped sooner that'd be nice.

Drencrom

they haven't detailed it yet, but it has to be like that in some way

Yeah, it's hard to think up a reason why they wouldn't add it.

I remember having a ton of fun learning and creating different strategies for different maps. I do wonder if they're gonna let us use store to buy upgrades and things like in the multiplayer or if they gonna have co-op loadouts without sidekicks and such?

Drencrom

Not necessarily. U3 also had co-op adventure.

If we're not going to get both then I hope it's horde mode, would be really disappointed if we didn't.

Horde mode is definitely much easier to create/implement than the adventure mode, which was basically some random story sections with different objectives etc which forces ND to have the actors come back and do more lines and mo-cap.

Not necessarily. U3 also had co-op adventure.

If we're not going to get both then I hope it's horde mode, would be really disappointed if we didn't.

I liked UC2's co-op a lot, but the story adventures were genuinely novel and well worth it.

Id take it over a Horde mode. I loved platforming in co-op. I am afraid ND wont do anything near the quality of old co-op games.

I even feel as if Uncharted Co-Op could be a neat spinoff title. I feel like they'll do some buffed up horde mode on the maps we already have.

Revven

"Fixed major networking issues" -> White plug punishment nerfed again? LOL

I mean we seem to go through this same song and dance with every ND multiplayer game since UC3. I'm not sure what any of us should be expecting other than ND will continue down the path of allowing people with god awful connections to play and make us suffer. :/

DaciaJC

Gold Member
I mean we seem to go through this same song and dance with every ND multiplayer game since UC3. I'm not sure what any of us should be expecting other than ND will continue down the path of allowing people with god awful connections to play and make us suffer. :/

God forbid that everybody paying Sony fifty dollars a year just to be able to access the online components of their games should have the chance to enjoy said multiplayer.

Are challenges the only way you earn relics?

I played a few matches last night but netted zero relics. Just curious - the relics aren't a big draw but I figured you'd get some for every match, and that doesn't seem to be the case.

I played a few matches last night but netted zero relics. Just curious - the relics aren't a big draw but I figured you'd get some for every match, and that doesn't seem to be the case.

Challenges are the "easiest" way to get relic points. Trials are easy enough as well.
But you also get 10 relics per win.
And you can play the app game. It gives out relic points randomly.

Challenges and Trials.

Yeah winning matches only gives you 10 relics and losing gives you 0 which is peanuts.
This long weekend is "double xp challenges" or something atleast. I'm actually waiting for the clock to strike 12pm so I can finish my challenges

Challenges are the "easiest" way to get relic points.
But you also get 10 relics per win.
And you can play the app game. It gives out relic points randomly.

you get a ton of relics from doing trials too. Thats easier than some of the challenges imo

They should just remove the white plug altogether if people will keep asking for nerfs...

On a serious note, I would expect ND to give some advice like this:

1) A party of 5 should allow the player with the highest upload to be the party leader. I see parties complaining about "lag" and "bad servers" when their party leader has like 500 Kbps upload. I mean, really?

2) If you don't have enough upload, then perhaps you should stop using a mic (it sends your voice up to 7 players in party chat).

3) They should try playing Plunder, since it's 4v4 instead of 5v5 (again, less upload required). Some people played 3TDM in UC3 MP for this very reason.

Comparing this game to UC2 is futile, since it has way more mechanics that consume upload bandwidth (sidecocks, mysticals etc.)

Maybe they should make a totally barebones Classic mode, so that laggers/UC2 lovers can play all by themselves? I don't know...

I remember a certain someone downgrading his slow (at that time) connection to NAT Type 3 on purpose (it cuts off direct -p2p- communication with most players, except the host), but I don't recommend it, since it causes some weird phenomena (i.e. resurrection) due to lag compensation.

DaciaJC

Gold Member
Because the game is fun and you can make a comeback

It should be 20 for a win, and losing should definitely still reward you

Twenty does not fit into 150 evenly, though. I agree with 30 per win. Even better, I'd like there to be three daily challenges, not just one.

Creaking

He touched the black heart of a mod
I really hope they add a Co-op Survival mode like the one in Uncharted 2 later this year (fall 2016).

Me and a friend spent so much time in that horde mode in my UC2 MP days.

Survival was the standard co-op mode, wasn't it? I hope they've got that and some co-op adventures. Chloe, Cutter and even Salim or Tenzin need more screen time.

Twenty does not fit into 150 evenly, though. I agree with 30 per win. Even better, I'd like there to be three daily challenges, not just one.

25 per win and 10 for a full game loss seems fair. Maybe 5 for a join-in-progress loss.

Shredderi

I wish there were more than one daily challenge :/ I wish losses gave some relics too. Some really fucking tight even matches where both teams played well and deserve the relics. I'm also getting serious lack of drive to play as of yesterday. I need the first big DLC pack real soon. I don't see myself hanging onto it if it's not released in one week from now :( There are just so many good other things luring me away from it. Doom... Overwatch... All my friends are experiencing the same thing too. They came in full force at the start and played with me but they're starting to feel the boredom and are shifting back to HOTS and The Division and Diablo 3. Need something to keep me hooked though the core gameplay and mechanics are still fun.

obviously you haven't seen these team mates i get paired with

You know there is a GAF PSN exchange list in the OP, right?

Everyday I see a few GAF members whine about being paired with randoms, even though there are several members from around the world down to play with others. It's kind of hilarious. At almost any time of day or night I've been able to team up with at least 1 or 2 other GAF folk (and my own friends on top of that) and it really makes a difference.

You know there is a GAF PSN exchange list in the OP, right?

Everyday I see a few GAF members whine about being paired with randoms, even though there are several members from around the world down to play with others. It's kind of hilarious. At almost any time of day or night I've been able to team up with at least 1 or 2 other GAF folk (and my own friends on top of that) and it really makes a difference.

so hilarious

I swear, challenges are kinda ruining the game.

I got a 30:0 game because the other team was only using Pistoles. =3
It sure ruins teamwork... I prefer to play solo while doing challenges.

TBH, I would prefer team-based challenges (i.e. capping the idol in Plunder or a base in Command).

WaterAstro

The other team must've been garbage.

There are a few maps that heavily favour range. All I needed was a maxed mine and an AK and they just kept running in like zombie hoard to mow down.

Either they just didn't have a long range weapon, or they forgot that they can change loadout. Since Challenges make the game all about getting Challenges done for a majority of the time, can't blame them.

Venuspower

I can only play at weekends. Was really hyped to get hands on my DS4 to play multiplayer.
Played 4 matches and turned off the console. 3x the same map in a row. And only 10 relics. Becomes really boring.

Had the same "issue" last week. First I am motivated to play. But 30 minutes later its boring as hell. IHMO they have to change a lot of things(more relics, letting people choose between two maps...). The Last of Us Multiplayer was much more fun (atleast for me).

I also noticed that the teams can be really unbalanced (not just a bit).

I will probably give it another chance in a few hours.

Horde mode is definitely much easier to create/implement than the adventure mode, which was basically some random story sections with different objectives etc which forces ND to have the actors come back and do more lines and mo-cap.

That's a good point, hopefully they choose horde over adventure if there will only be one.

I liked UC2's co-op a lot, but the story adventures were genuinely novel and well worth it.

Id take it over a Horde mode. I loved platforming in co-op. I am afraid ND wont do anything near the quality of old co-op games.

I even feel as if Uncharted Co-Op could be a neat spinoff title. I feel like they'll do some buffed up horde mode on the maps we already have.

I like it as well, but it's replay value was way worse than Arena mode, at least to me it was. I'd love for them to include a local or offline horde mode. Something I hoped they would at least do with the ND collection but nope.

Ideally we get both, to please the people who prefer one over the other. Though I don't see that happening considering how bare the MP is right now compared to 2 and 3.

It sure ruins teamwork... I prefer to play solo while doing challenges.

TBH, I would prefer team-based challenges (i.e. capping the idol in Plunder or a base in Command).

Disagree with ruining teamwork. I can take on a challenge while helping the team win, as I'm not in a rush to complete the challenge. I like that idea of team-based challenges though!

Hey guys, medals exist in this game.

Anyone else forgot like me? lol.
Nope. I typically get KO King and Down Master every match, along with various others.

Top Bottom