• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Uncharted 4: A Thief's End Multiplayer |OT| Swinging To Victory

Drencrom

When are more playlists being added? I really enjoy team death match but I want horde mode. Multiplayer is so great and it's a shame no horde mode is available.

Horde/Survival mode is most likely added this fall according to their multiplayer roadmap.

We're are getting a new playlist and other stuff this summer tho.

Ashtar

does it take 24hrs for the challenges to reset? I did my challenges last night and theyre not reset yet..

Love the online, but the whole hanging from a ledge automatic death, whether you grab or get kicked off the ledge is awful, as is the charged melee. Wish ND would take both of those out of the game.

have to disagree, the charged melee is high risk high reward and you can dodge out of the way and there's a loong recovery, ledge grab/kick is also high risk high reward, someone gets in back of you while youre hanging out and you're done for.

I actually really like the multiplayer, it sets up some really fun escapades and even a low skill guy like me can get some amazing things to happen, just yesterday some dudes tried to double up on me and kill me with melee but through a mix of dodge roll and run and gun I got both of them.

Keihart

does it take 24hrs for the challenges to reset? I did my challenges last night and theyre not reset yet..

have to disagree, the charged melee is high risk high reward and you can dodge out of the way and there's a loong recovery, ledge grab/kick is also high risk high reward, someone gets in back of you while youre hanging out and you're done for.

I actually really like the multiplayer, it sets up some really fun escapades and even a low skill guy like me can get some amazing things to happen, just yesterday some dudes tried to double up on me and kill me with melee but through a mix of dodge roll and run and gun I got both of them.

Yeah, special moves and blind fire are some of the things that keeps the game fast and mobile, if you don't move and ads too much you become an easy target.

I actually miss neck snaps because now is way harder to decimate a team by flanking them alone and despise mines wich if a whole team use them the game become super slow.

I've come to terms with the removal of steel fists...the rope gives me the same satisfaction and blind fire is super good.

skelekey

I just remembered! Why in the hell did ND take out stealth kills? :mad:

It sucks because I have now snuck up on people countless times and not really had much of an option. I can shoot them and alert their team to my presence or charge melee which takes time, makes noise unless you have a specific booster, and gives them, and their team if they're nearby, a chance to mug me.

Co Op is comming in the Fall and more from there. Horde was super fun in UC2 and 3 but I also enjoyed adventure.

I loved horde mode in UC2. But I couldn't stand the multiplayer. Naughty Dog really did an amazing job with this multiplayer, it's fast paced and brutal. Amazing gameplay too. It's a shame they didn't put as many modes as they did with UC2&3 on launch.

Alienous

It sucks because I have now snuck up on people countless times and not really had much of an option. I can shoot them and alert their team to my presence or charge melee which takes time, makes noise unless you have a specific booster, and gives them, and their team if they're nearby, a chance to mug me.

It's almost as if they're incentivizing staying together as a team. If you get behind one player it's easy to take them down. Two is very possible. Three is a tough fight, and it probably should be.

This has been an incredible bummer. I really love the multiplayer in this, I'm drawn back to it over and over even though I'm just as crazy about Overwatch, but I just can't bear to play anymore because everyone is fucking awful. In the last couple dozen matches I've played, my team has won maybe twice. Command, people just sit down and try to defend one point or only attack points where there's an active battle. TDM, I wind up at the top of my team nearly every time even though I'm not great. Plunder... I'm honestly not sure even 20% of the playerbase knows what the rules are. I don't know if the enemy teams tend to be grouped players who know what they're doing or what, but I practically never wind up on a team that has any idea how the hell to play. It's beyond frustrating.

This has been an incredible bummer. I really love the multiplayer in this, I'm drawn back to it over and over even though I'm just as crazy about Overwatch, but I just can't bear to play anymore because everyone is fucking awful. In the last couple dozen matches I've played, my team has won maybe twice. Command, people just sit down and try to defend one point or only attack points where there's an active battle. TDM, I wind up at the top of my team nearly every time even though I'm not great. Plunder... I'm honestly not sure even 20% of the playerbase knows what the rules are. I don't know if the enemy teams tend to be grouped players who know what they're doing or what, but I practically never wind up on a team that has any idea how the hell to play. It's beyond frustrating.

There's a strategy to it, in my opinion. I usually get in good teams. We usually run around the map with 3 players on the front and 2 on the back. We usually dominate 40-20/30.

I'm no expert on the game, but I've been designating myself as a healer lately. I use cintamani stone, healing hand 3 and any other perk that will let me either gather more cash or leave cash for others when I die. So I'm always stocked and hopefully everyone else is too.
That's a role I think random teams need but no one wants to do.

Keihart

I very much like River, but maps are more about making both teams move around it than arenas with multiple enter and out points.

I'm no expert on the game, but I've been designating myself as a healer lately. I use cintamani stone, healing hand 3 and any other perk that will let me either gather more cash or leave cash for others when I die. So I'm always stocked and hopefully everyone else is too.
That's a role I think random teams need but no one wants to do.
Yeah I'm similar. I usually end a match with 10+ revives, and I contribute a decent amount of kills too (usually around 10|9).

Farewell

man what is going on, after it showed -1 relics and points i cant open chests anymore, happened after i opened the first chest. It says "your chest" instead of the 150 relic buy button for the vanity chests.

Josh378

Yea im certain...i ran into a party using chronos max hack. Whole team ran para 4.5 shooting it above the limit you can press a button using turbo. Ugh, that pisses me off.

Tagg9

Looking to team up with other Gaf members - PSN username is TaggSte (added myself to the spreadsheet, but not sure if anyone still references that).

Rockeeo

I lost all of my unlocked characters and skins. I still have the weapon unlocks.

Oops. Opening and closing store fixed it.

I tried to replace my daily challenge and got a server error. I guess I tried twice. Afterwards I noticed I lost 100 points.

Varth

Yep, crapping up on me too. Locked the game too and had to exit. Hope I dont lose 2 chests I bought but didn't open.

TP-DK

I wish there were friendly fire on, just so I could the retarded players I always get teamed up with. I should save videoclips of everytime one of my teammates does something completely stupid and make a montage of it. I could call it The Neverending Montage.

Octacamo

My god waiting for chests to appear just to do some stupid animation. WTF, ND?!

Seems to me the servers are very slow so dont try to open chest for next 5-6hrs

Also dont try to change the challenge as well because you will lose 50 relics and you wont be getting a new challenge as well.

trust me i lost 150 relics just like that because i tried 3 times

Grinchy

Banned
omg I just lost all my stuff!! Is there anything I can do?

lol seriously though this game is fucking CRACK. I can't stop playing it. Even when I lose it's still (mostly) fun. The controls were just nailed so perfectly. Some of the cover mechanics can get a bit janky every now and then but the actual shooting feels so perfect. I just can't come up with anything that's wrong with it.

It's taking forever for me to finish single player. I'll come to a part where I don't quickly know what the game wants me to do and I'll just quit out and go to MP. I'm playing the SP like 45 minutes at a time now.

DFox

Have tried to find a group to play with. But having a real hard time finding people play with. Most forums in Sweden I have checked have not even had a single thread for the Uncharted's multiplayer. So is the multiplayer doing fine and hitting high player counts or don't people now that the multiplayer is actually great?

Glad I'm not the only one who got the -1 on relics and money, now my money is back but I can't open my chest. Funny thing is I now have every character unlocked (I was missing like 4) and a LOT of costumes and stuff is unlocked now, awesome.

Creaking

He touched the black heart of a mod
Completed the vanity items collection the other day. Now I figure I'll just play the game in three day intervals until they add new content. Build up that relic collection like

giphy.gif

Josh378

Have you guys ever played against a team, got demolished bady and then played like crap for 5 more games? I had to take 45 minutes off the ps4, came back and played like im used to.

Wonder if i was mentally crashed from playing this game too much.

Top Bottom