• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Uncharted 4: A Thief's End Multiplayer |OT| Swinging To Victory

Word of warning do NOT try and replace you challenge if you got a crappy low relic payout one, you'll get a error message and it'll still rob you of 50 relics.

I lost 200 relics retying the replace challenge before I realised this.

Creaking

He touched the black heart of a mod
Word of warning do NOT try and replace you challenge if you got a crappy low relic payout one, you'll get a error message and it'll still rob you of 50 relics.

I kept getting 3 challenges of equally low pay whenever I tried this, so I've just learned to suck it up and take what I'm given.

Crossing Eden

Hello, my name is Yves Guillemot, Vivendi S.A.'s Employee of the Month!

Yea this just happened to me, the hell is up with the servers? Way worse after that update, first when I connect it just I have -1 relics and locks a bunch of shit I already unlocked including perks and characters and lately has been giving me "you've unlocked" updates after each match for perks i've already unlocked.

Alienous

Yea this just happened to me, the hell is up with the servers? Way worse after that update, first when I connect it just I have -1 relics and locks a bunch of shit I already unlocked including perks and characters and lately has been giving me "you've unlocked" updates after each match for perks i've already unlocked.

It show -1 relics for me then gave them back after a few games. If it locked my customization I didn't notice, but I have everything I had before the glitch now.

Shitty TDM team quits one by one, leaving me to fend for myself for the remaining five minutes?

Just means more kills for me.

But yeah, fuck this. I don't know if I maybe just haven't played long enough to get matched with better players or something, but I can't stand doing this anymore, and it sucks because it's real damn good.

Crossing Eden

Ok, so this game has the shittiest matchmaking system I've seen in awhile. I'm always a fuckton better than my team. Yet the party system is designed in a way that you can't party up with people below your level.
cd8RU0L.png

yXO0Nz2.png

Even when I win it's cause I carried the whole team.
This is all in Ranked TDM. What's the point of ranks if the two teams are never comparable in terms of skill?

d00d3n

Can someone tell me how much I have left of the game? Where I am:
Just completed the car chase down the mountain. Now I am in some sort of open world segment in a boat.

Majin Boo

Something really weird happened to me. I bought a vanity chest earlier but ended up with an infinite loading icon, I quit the game and when I entered the store again I had the chest, but couldn't open it, nor could I buy any new vanity chests (Pressing "X" had no effect at all). After playing a few more matches the chest was gone and now I have all vanity items unlocked?!

Christos

Something really weird happened to me. I bought a vanity chest earlier but ended up with an infinite loading icon, I quit the game and when I entered the store again I had the chest, but couldn't open it, nor could I buy any new vanity chests (Pressing "X" had no effect at all). After playing a few more matches the chest was gone and now I have all vanity items unlocked?!
The same thing happened to me, I was just 2-3 chests before unlocking everything too.

Ok, so this game has the shittiest matchmaking system I've seen in awhile. I'm always a fuckton better than my team. Yet the party system is designed in a way that you can't party up with people below your level.

This is all in Ranked TDM. What's the point of ranks if the two teams are never comparable in terms of skill?

This is a good majority of my games, though I don't play ranked. Considering that, it's pretty awful matchmaking. You shouldn't be tearing it up like that all the time.

DaciaJC

Gold Member
Hmm, for whatever reason, I thought that Hero Weapon chests would only unlock weapons for guns that you already had at least one Hero version of. I purposely focused on using just the AK-47 and Jackal so I would have pretty decent odds of unlocking Sully's Jackal. Instead, I get Hero variants for guns which I've barely used at all. Disappointed.

leng jai

I'm loving this more than I thought, the sound design and core mechanics are so satisfying. This game has to have the worst team mates I've ever seen though. The amount of times I don't get ressed because my team mates would rather seagull a KO (and fail mostly) is obscene.

nel e nel

In all fairness, based solely on these screenshots, it looks like you are on one end of the bell curve in terms of MP skill. When you are that much more advanced, everyone will suck.

Dante83

Banned
Please....No MP has worse players than the COD kids who keeps screaming/swearing over the mic or console version of battlefield where no one cooperates and go about their own ways and failing. BF is a team heavy game. If you come over from the PC, you can see the HUGE difference, and it is appaling. I actually had fun with my team in UC4.

How come you never join our GAF parties when we send you an invite?

Crossing Eden

In all fairness, based solely on these screenshots, it looks like you are on one end of the bell curve in terms of MP skill. When you are that much more advanced, everyone will suck.
To be fair this is always the way it is with me and MP shooters BUT randoms in other games aren't usually this bad.

How come you never join our GAF parties when we send you an invite?
When did you send me an invite? Was it recent?

Creaking

He touched the black heart of a mod

One time I flanked a sniper and pinned him with Indra's Eternity, intending to close range and spray him to death with my SMG. He was in a corner and his savior was between myself and him, and the goddamn aim assist wouldn't lock into anyone else but the savior, who had full health and would take a full clip to go down. Dude ended up getting me with a head shot.

Grinded so hard for hero weapons and their near useless. This online is so frustrating. SO much fun but I dont see a point in playing. No ranking, unlocks are dumb/pointless. Just seems like so much wasted potential.

So having a good time isn't an incentive to play? :)

Somewhat. I just feel like its for no reason. Always have loved unlocking new things and progressing my character and such. Just dont get that from this game. Really tough to describe. Its like I can easily see myself getting addicting to this game from the core gameplay but I just cant continue a bunch of matches in a row.

Like for example, before this I played PvZ GW2. Really fun online and I loved getting new characters, abilities. It kept me going back to the game. I feel like with U4 there is nothing left for me to accomplish and it just isnt that deep. Very limited sidekicks and mysticals. Hell even the game modes are lacking.

Javin98

Banned
Holy shit, the Condor and Hunter make an excellent combo. Just got a 23 downs/15 KO's/7 deaths match. That combo combined with the HS39, destruction.

Edit: Followed by a 28 downs/20 KO's/8 deaths match. I think I finally found my perfect loadout!

Went 11-0 in ranked TDM today on island using the m24. I got Sam's version of it as my first hero weapon for the chest. I used the chest today and got Elena's Bishai 50 cal and Sam's raffica (the one you need most downs with) It has a silencer and reload speed but I'm not sure if I should use it since the bishai is a one heashot down.

I love the mines. I get so many downs with them.

MsGOMiP.gif

Easily the worst addition to MP. Piece of trash that has no place in UC.

Makes me so irrationally angry. Even when I manage to spot them and shoot them I'm still pissed I have to slow down and bother with it.

aekjfbiqebriq3vbf

cordy

Banned
I need some help.

I can't even play the multiplayer. Just beat the campaign so I wanted to try it out but the patch hasn't been downloaded yet. Whenever I try to download 1.5 it says I can't download it due to storage space but I have way more than enough space. This keeps happening. Anybody else have this problem?

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
http://i.imgur.com/MsGOMiP.gif[img]

Makes me so irrationally angry. Even when I manage to spot them and shoot them I'm still pissed I even have to slow down and bother with it.

aekjfbiqebriq3vbf[/QUOTE]
Agreed. They have no place in this multiplayer at all. C4 I'm fine with and is perfectly acceptable. Mines are the definition of fucking cheap. It ruins objective modes. 100%

If I come across people spamming the mine, I just start spamming the staff of ayar. They all light up like a Christmas tree for everyone from very far.

Javin98

Banned
Agreed. They have no place in this multiplayer at all. C4 I'm fine with and is perfectly acceptable. Mines are the definition of fucking cheap. It ruins objective modes. 100%

Makes me so irrationally angry. Even when I manage to spot them and shoot them I'm still pissed I have to slow down and bother with it.

aekjfbiqebriq3vbf
Hmm, perhaps you should stick with your teammates more so you get revived after being downed by a mine? Granted it can be annoying when you're so far away from everyone else and no one can revive you in time, but I don't find it too obnoxious overall. I've often evaded being downed by mines just by rolling away from it.

Keihart

MsGOMiP.gif

aekjfbiqebriq3vbf

yup, it is garbage and it can be abused hard

Top Bottom