• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Uncharted 4: A Thief's End Multiplayer |OT| Swinging To Victory

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
Hmm, perhaps you should stick with your teammates more so you get revived after being downed by a mine? Granted it can be annoying when you're so far away from everyone else and no one can revive you in time, but I don't find it too obnoxious overall. I've often evaded being downed by mines just by rolling away from it.
I always have a savior sidekick who is able to revive me in the event that I go down if I'm not near anyone. The problem with mines is that it doesn't require any skill whatsoever. it also ruins the flow of having to stop and aim at them to destroy them. Playing command is so eye roll worthy because every fucking capture point is guaranteed to have 1 or more around it. And sticking as a group is good, but sometimes you have to go and capture/neutralize other zones so you can take the lead/catch up. Everyone in command likes going around in circles.

Also, if your team mates dropped mines near you and the enemy team throws a grenade in the zone, you're fucked. I've killed entire enemy teams because I throw grenades in the capture zone they're trying to capture and their own mines end up killing them. Vice versa too. I've been fucked over by my team mates mines.

Javin98

Banned
I always have a savior sidekick who is able to revive me in the event that I go down if I'm not near anyone. The problem with mines is that it doesn't require any skill whatsoever. it also ruins the flow of having to stop and aim at them to destroy them. Playing command is so eye roll worthy because every fucking capture point is guaranteed to have 1 or more around it. And sticking as a group is good, but sometimes you have to go and capture/neutralize other zones so you can take the lead/catch up. Everyone in command likes going around in circles.

Also, if your team mates dropped mines near you and the enemy team throws a grenade in the zone, you're fucked. I've killed entire enemy teams because I throw grenades in the capture zone they're trying to capture and their own mines end up killing them. Vice versa too. I've been fucked over by my team mates mines.
Oh, I see. That's a fair complaint, then. I haven't played Command, in fact, I've only been playing Team Deathmatch so far and mines aren't too bad there. From what you described, it certainly sounds like a pain in the ass in Command.

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
Oh, I see. That's a fair complaint, then. I haven't played Command, in fact, I've only been playing Team Deathmatch so far and mines aren't too bad there. From what you described, it certainly sounds like a pain in the ass in Command.
It's not that much of a problem in TDM. You'll get the people that like to place them by the treasure pick ups so it's expected to sometimes see them there. They are not that prevalent from what I've played of TDM (and I've played a lot). In Command and Plunder though they are definitely a problem and are overly abused. I've yet to play a single round of command or plunder where there weren't any mines...

Alienous

I need some help.

I can't even play the multiplayer. Just beat the campaign so I wanted to try it out but the patch hasn't been downloaded yet. Whenever I try to download 1.5 it says I can't download it due to storage space but I have way more than enough space. This keeps happening. Anybody else have this problem?

Make sure you have more than double the needed space for the patch on your hard-drive.

If all else fails copy a couple of gigabytes of your captures.

cordy

Banned
Make sure you have more than double the needed space for the patch on your hard-drive.

If all else fails copy a couple of gigabytes of your captures.

Fixed it and downloaded the patch.

Weirdly enough, I found out that Ether One caused the issue and it's a known issue. Once I deleted it, it downloaded quickly. Crazy.

Some of the most bland and uninspired maps I have seen in a multiplayer game.
Layouts, themes and everything.

They are far from being memorable, that's for sure but they aren't a broken/dispersive/horrible mess either. They are just good enough to let the brilliant gameplay shine.

And, when I'm desperately trying to escape, I love how I can blind jump off a deadly ledge on the map's corners and find a grappling point almost all the time. But when I don't find it... well, at least it's pretty hilarious.

leng jai

Any chance they make a mode or play list for solo players only? It's absolute nonsense how you're constantly matched up against teams that are clearly premade.

Any chance they make a mode or play list for solo players only? It's absolute nonsense how you're constantly matched up against teams that are clearly premade.

They know players want this, so they leave it out, then patch it in and claim it is listening to the players.

When you're up against a team that isn't a supersquad that can down you in half a shot, and no one is using mines, the matches are very fun and very close. It's unfortunate that you can go through stretches of pure jackassery or getting totally stomped by a team that snowballs into a huge victory. Or maybe you're the one on the steamrolling side. The pendulum swings in this game are harsh. I wish the matches were more consistent but there's so much needless fluff in loadouts that it's impossible for the game to settle into a good rhythm the way UC2 MP did.

The only constant is that rope kills are forever ridiculous.

GIFa5c0a.gif

GIF20192a.gif

GIF30fd68.gif

AKyemeni

To be fair it seems a lot of games lack this feature which to me is baffling. Surely by now it's should be a standard feature, it's basic common sense.
Well, is it worth it to split the player pool? That's the number one thing to consider. I want to know how many modes we're getting before I can accept a solo playlist.

Berg

Mines aren't that bad, theyre in a lot of shooters. just take ur time and check corners. They glow red and also give u a chance to roll away to avoid the down. There's an audible que. plus.. U can be revived, smh.

Imo, Noobtubes need to stopped being included in multiplayer.

Mikey Jr.

I think the mine explosion radius should be turned down dramatically.

Fucking sucks when you shoot them from a good distance away, and you still get stunned.

Or remove them entirely.

MrJTeera

Man, losing three times the amount of rank points, because I got booted out due to connection issues, is a big load of BS.

I've noticed that playing solo tends to find solo players most of the time and vice versa for parties.

I think this is a fair compromise, since 1-2 years from now the pool will be severely shrinked, so it will be hard to find matches (especially in less popular modes). We've seen this in UC2, UC3 and TLOU.

Also, let's not forget that solo players are needed to fill the gaps (i.e. 4-man party vs 5-man party).

Plunder seems like an afterthought in this game... there's no booster to carry the idol faster and the idol isn't even gold to begin with. I hate it when they change the color palette for no good reason, same for the propane tanks in the Campaign
(I hope it wasn't Druckmann's idea to make them look more "realistic/mature")

Oh, and bring back the Sure Foot/Team Safe booster (not getting knocked down by explosives).

Plunder seems like an afterthought in this game... there's no booster to carry the idol faster and the idol isn't even gold to begin with. I hate it when they change the color palette for no good reason, same for the propane tanks in the Campaign
(I hope it wasn't Druckmann's idea to make them look more "realistic/mature")

Oh, and bring back the Sure Foot/Team Safe booster (not getting knocked down by explosives).

Both of these will undoubtedly come as DLC. But don't you already carry the treasure at a good speed? I thought they made that standard in UC4 compared to older games.

We also are missing Monkey Man, but there is admittedly not as much to climb on these maps, so its probably going to be useless.

Sure Footed would be such an A+ booster.

WinFonda

Here's the problem with mines okay,

Even when you spot them, getting RID of them is fucking ANNOYING.

For one, I play on relatively high sensitivity and there's no aim assist on these little shitters. They're small, and it's not like I practice shooting small assholes on the ground. So it takes time to destroy them.

Now multiple things can happen while I'm trying to destroy a mine.

I go loud and can be shot in the side or back while trying to shoot a mine.

Even when I shoot a mine with speed and precision there's a good chance I'll still get knocked down / take damage, leaving me vulnerable as well.

I can say "fuck it" and toss a nade at it, ensuring the destruction of the mine quickly... but still run the risk of getting knocked down and wasting my own explosive.

In all these instances, mines that I'm already aware of are being way more effective than they should be... with absolutely NO skill or input from the player who used them.

This is not even delving into the fact that mines run completely counter to the core traversal gameplay at the heart of the experience, and also very detrimental to objective modes Uncharted is known for.

They are a completely horrible thing and they do not belong in Uncharted multiplayer. You should feel bad if you use them. And whoever it was at Naughty Dog that decided they should be in (had to be a TLOU MP guy, I refuse to believe any U2 or U3 mp designer wanted them) should feel so much worse. Because whoever it was worked on something and influenced something they had almost no understanding of.

Why do people always try to go for melee KOs once they down someone?
I think I remember you getting a bonus for doing that on TLoU Multiplayer (or at the very least you conserved some of your limited ammo) but there doesn't really seem to be a benefit to doing so on this, unless I'm missing something.

Mines might feel a little out of place with all this run & gun action, but when they are triggered they are still avoidable with some reaction rolls. And you can easily punish their abuse too, just disarming them with some shots or - even better - one grenade when the enemy is nearby.

Alienous

Yeah, mines are stupid.

They slow the game. Either I run around staring at the ground, or I get knocked down, or I try to shoot one and spend 3-5 seconds doing so.

The range at which they down should be reduced. I should be standing on it to get downed; hearing the click and changing direction should only damage me. And if I'm blind-firing at a mine just blow it up, you know what I'm trying to hit.

They aren't the worst but getting killed because someone skill-lessly threw one down at some seemingly random point in the map sucks.

That all said I did get an intentional kill by shooting a player's mine, so that can be fun.

TripOpt55

Oh man this water rope kill is amazing. You plunge into the water with the punch and then right into a smooth underwater swim.

Satisfying but it really bothers me that you don't get a "Down" for doing a rope or kick/knock off kill. It doesn't make any sense to me. There should be a special bonus for doing those actions imo.

Yeah it feels like it should at least net you more money (like a down + KO would) assuming you aren't just doing it on an already downed opponent.

Keihart

Here's the problem with mines okay,

Even when you spot them, getting RID of them is fucking ANNOYING.

For one, I play on relatively high sensitivity and there's no aim assist on these little shitters. They're small, and it's not like I practice shooting small assholes on the ground. So it takes time to destroy them.

Now multiple things can happen while I'm trying to destroy a mine.

I go loud and can be shot in the side or back while trying to shoot a mine.

Even when I shoot a mine with speed and precision there's a good chance I'll still get knocked down / take damage, leaving me vulnerable as well.

I can say "fuck it" and toss a nade at it, ensuring the destruction of the mine quickly... but still run the risk of getting knocked down and wasting my own explosive.

In all these instances, mines that I'm already aware of are being way more effective than they should be... with absolutely NO skill or input from the player who used them.

This is not even delving into the fact that mines run completely counter to the core traversal gameplay at the heart of the experience, and also very detrimental to objective modes Uncharted is known for.

They are a completely horrible thing and they do not belong in Uncharted multiplayer. You should feel bad if you use them. And whoever it was at Naughty Dog that decided they should be in (had to be a TLOU MP guy, I refuse to believe any U2 or U3 mp designer wanted them) should feel so much worse. Because whoever it was worked on something and influenced something they had almost no understanding of.

I keep playing because the core gameplay is really good, weapon's recoil is super fun, mobility, etc. But my god there is so much shit in the way of having a consistent experience in this MP.

I think that even U3 with all the kickbacks and stuff had less bullshit. There seem to be no effort to emulate the SP experience in a MP enviroment but instead a transformative effort triying to make the MP something that UC is not. It's weird.

Buddy system was awesome, emulated the UC spirit very good and gave you an incentive to work in couples and it's out.
Mines, wtf are this doing here? they are not even in the SP.
Sidekicks......
No neck snaps or steelfists, i kinda got over these ones because the blind fire is super improved and rope swings wich are a kind of stealth attack i guess.

No more power weapons either....nor picking up enemy weapons...

The game basically promotes playing very close with your team and abuse mines or sidekicks, no more teams of two agains the world and stuff and if you haven't unlocked the best mods or heavy weapons or what not, tuff luck, keep playing.

I'm super salty about some of the clutter here, i love the core gameplay and see very little improvement made by the team in charge of translating the SP to MP.

There is nothing even as cool as the sand storm in UC3 MP.

Customization and unlock is system is kinda cool i guess...

Farewell

sry but this is stupid, the skill gap in this game is far worse than in cod, i can post like 10 screenshot examples, i mean i dont play this game so often and i am always on top with a 2-4 kd every game, what a joke. Oh, this game also has no rejoin option when teammates leave, had 3 people leave the game after a few minutes it started and no one joined. Maybe iam just mad, i dont know.

HeelPower

Mines are really annoying in Plunder as well.

Your chest area is guaranteed to be riddled with mines to stop you from trying to score ,and it really works.

Top Bottom