• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Uncharted 4: A Thief's End Multiplayer |OT| Swinging To Victory

Is anyone else getting booster unlocks even we you've unlocked all the boosters? I have ghost 2 on but can't revert back to 1 because apparently it's locked. Is there some kind of prestige thing going on, or is it a glitch?

Glitch. Annoying glitch.

So i have about 30 hours in multiplayer in this game.... and I do not understand but I'm terrible.

I feel like all opponents have an edge on me, with all guns.... With me it takes two shots from the grenade launcher to down an enemy... but when any random grenade launcher hits me its lights out with one go.

With guns I feel like I'm dying before I even have a chance to react to the gun shots. Where a player is hitting me from across the map with the freaking AK... While it takes me almost a full clip up close with seemingly every bullet hitting with an AK to down another player.

Pistol challenges are horrible omg. Trying to get 10 kills with the aegis was a nightmare.

it's 2 hits to down with the GL so if you're being downed in 1 that means you're either being hit when you're at less than max health or you're being hit by other players at the same time. As for being downed quickly by others, it could be lag or it could be them getting headshots vs you getting body shots.

Laws00

Why does Sully look like or remind me Jeff Foxworthy in this picture

U4_MemorialDay_960x540.jpg

jeff-foxworthy1.jpg

Lucentto

Banned
It seems I am going to have to start praying to Jesus playing with randoms on Ranked TDM. Just so that I don't get teammates equivalent to armed target dummies. People, if you are ass at the game, don't play ranked. You are bringing it down for everyone. I wouldn't be so irrationally pissed if I wasn't ranked based off of my team's performance.

Edit: Oh, I just got ranked down. Fantastic. Amazing. FUCK.

Crossing Eden

Hello, my name is Yves Guillemot, Vivendi S.A.'s Employee of the Month!
It seems I am going to have to start praying to Jesus playing with randoms on Ranked TDM. Just so that I don't get teammates equivalent to armed target dummies. People, if you are ass at the game, don't play ranked. You are bringing it down for everyone. I wouldn't be so irrationally pissed if I wasn't ranked based off of my team's performance.

Get this, you get less for winning as you rank up. But the penalty for losing stays the same. Got 10 points for a 40-9 match, lost the next one 38-40, lost 15 points, what an amazingly well thought out system. Meanwhile, I can't party up with anyone because "Well you can't party with people three ranks below you." Yet the game matches you up with randoms who're most definitely more than three ranks below you. -_-

Lucentto

Banned
Get this, you get less for winning as you rank up. But the penalty for losing stays the same. Got 10 points for a 40-9 match, lost the next one 38-40, lost 15 points, what an amazingly well thought out system. Meanwhile, I can't party up with anyone because "Well you can't party with people three ranks below you." Yet the game matches you up with randoms who're most definitely more than three ranks below you. -_-

Huh. What a fantastically well thought out system. Looks like a couple of intelligent folks over at ND have some work to do.

#NDlogic

It reminds me of the UC3 "tournament" mode...

Alienous

I've pretty much mastered this. In all fairness I haven't even touched Ranked TDM, though.

The Stoner is a pretty great power weapon to keep in your back pocket. Chuck the idol towards your goal instead of throwing it. I can now shoot an enemy mine in less than 2 seconds. If the enemy has brought the idol to their base please let it reset.

Yea, Im done with this online. Might jump back in if they fix some horrible things like: no ranking system, 1 hit melee downs, hanging from ledge automatic KOs (No matter how high or low you are from a cliff), no bringing people into a ranked online match (basically if ppl on your team leave youre gonna get ranked down for that match, impossible to win).

Never played such a frustrating MP before, the potential is there, overall I would say it has so many more pros than cons, but the cons are SOOOOOO bad it ruins the online for me.

Creaking

He touched the black heart of a mod
This just in, the Jackal (revolver) takes ALL SIX shots to down someone at a range.

CTZ27B1WwAAvwjo.jpg

Every bullet in that slow-as-hell-reloading cylinder.

And a head-shot will reduce the required amount by like one.

The Jackal and Spezzotti are in dire need of buffs.

Meanwhile, I think the Bishai .50 cal is really underrated.

Here's me using it with fast reload

Can't imagine how good it'll be with extended clip, or better yet, that and fast reload.

DaciaJC

Gold Member

Does your rank have any meaning, though?

Yep, this has been my experience as well. Four hits at close quarters, then five or six at long range, depending. Not sure where the exact breakpoint is. Quite simply ridiculous for the pistol claiming to have the best "range" of all besides the Bishai. Should be three body hits at close range, or one plus a headshot, and maximum five hits at extreme range.

Drencrom

This just in, the Jackal (revolver) takes ALL SIX shots to down someone at a range.

CTZ27B1WwAAvwjo.jpg

Every bullet in that slow-as-hell-reloading cylinder.

And a head-shot will reduce the required amount by like one.

Meanwhile, I think the Bishai .50 cal is really underrated.

Here's me using it with fast reload

Can't imagine how good it'll be with extended clip, or better yet, that and fast reload.

Yeah, after using the Jackal and Spezotti extensively in a custom loadout for awhile I can safely say that both of them are just worse than all the other respective long guns and side arms in nearly every single category from clip size, reload time, TTK etc.

Which is a shame because I really like using them.

Haven't used the Jackal, but the Spezzotti is a beast with blindfire accuracy. You can down people close to mid range pretty consistently in 2 shots. Only problem is you have to grind 80 downs just to unlock it.

WinFonda

When they buff those weapons and they become game-breaking, broken abominations, remember the moment you asked for it

Word. I'm happy with these guns being niche weapons, and that ND erred on the side of caution with them. Revolver and loadout shotgun are new additions to the series and maybe don't belong in Uncharted to begin with.

Grinchy

Banned
I really hope they don't mess with the gun balancing any time soon. As things stand right now, people actually have to use and aim guns. If they turn this into yet another MP shooter game where everyone except the ADD-riddled 13 year olds abhor the shotgun, they'd be making a big mistake. The balance is so good as things are now, which is very unusual for a console shooter. Let's not turn this shit into Destiny.

Creaking

Haven't used the Jackal, but the Spezzotti is a beast with blindfire accuracy. You can down people close to mid range pretty consistently in 2 shots. Only problem is you have to grind 80 downs just to unlock it.

Plus it makes the gun cost 10 LPs. The Spezzotti may be better at that point, but is it really worth 10 LPs?

It's current status is just ridiculous considering how much better the alternative (Pistole) is, especially with extended clip, with which it's still cheaper than the vanilla Spezzotti.

Plus it makes the gun cost 10 LPs. The Spezzotti may be better at that point, but is it really worth 10 LPs?

It's current status is just ridiculous considering how much better the alternative (Pistole) is, especially with extended clip, with which it's still cheaper than the vanilla Spezzotti.

So what do you want from a buff exactly? Just reduce the LP? Before I unlocked blindfire, I was thinking the shotty needed 2 more in the clip and a little faster fire rate. With the blindfire attachment that would be grossly OP.

Also, I can't believe how good the pistole is. I've escaped many a 1v2 with that thing. Fires too fast, and has a ridiculously wide shot spread. Can't believe they were fine with that while the default shotgun is garbage.

Creaking

So what do you want from a buff exactly? Just reduce the LP? Before I unlocked blindfire, I was thinking the shotty needed 2 more in the clip and a little faster fire rate. With the blindfire attachment that would be grossly OP.

Also, I can't believe how good the pistole is. I've escaped many a 1v2 with that thing. Fires too fast, and has a ridiculously wide shot spread. Can't believe they were fine with that while the default shotgun is garbage.

Cheaper LP, faster handling (it feels like the gun takes forever just to lift and fire, fire-rate aside, especially if you're running away and blind-firing, and the character just keeps swiveling their upper body without ever getting a shot off. There was one game where a guy consistently blind-fire killed me with the last assault rifle unlock before I could even get a second shot off with the Spezzotti), and better damage so 3 shots is never required at point blank. Maybe more ammo in the clip.

Just curious but who is in Platinum tier/diamond tier here? We should party up but I don't use a mic because my house is noisy. I can hold my own though. Add Eclair_Farron713 if you ever want to play.

EL CUCO

So is grabbing the Idol and guarding it the thing people are doing in Plunder now? Last few matches people just farming kills instead PTO

How would you guys rank the maps best to worst? Kind of curious which are people's favorites/least favorites.

Pirate Colony and River are the only ones that stick out to me as featuring anywhere near the kind of layering and verticality I think this MP should have. None of them are particularly terrible, but none of them are particularly great either. They're so focused on funneling players into lanes to facilitate team vs. team fronts that they aren't really unpredictable and complicated enough. Almost every "callout" spot on the map feels like it's missing a higher or lower tier, and another entry point.

Ranking (mostly judging by TDM because Plunder/Command are ruined by mines, and Team Objective isn't in the game)

1. River - The jungle side is a little boring, but the decayed structure at the waterfall and the rope points all around it are great. Also love the water in the middle, and the escape route mudslides.
2. Pirate Colony - The ship side and houses are fun, but the middle near the bridge and back by the jungle need more climbing spots and layers.
3. Auction House - These buildings should have more interiors. I like it, especially the parts that layer near the middle, but it's too flat.
4. Scotland - Too simple and flat. The campaign cemetery encounter had a more interesting layout to use as a foundation.
5. Rooftops - Again, too simple. I wish there was one more large interior right in the middle to balance map flow and allow for more flanking/escapes.
6. Madagascar - Too linear. The marketplace is a lot of fun, but the routes that surround it are so simple. Should be a lot more porous.
7. Island - Way too easy to lock down. Needs a higher and lower tier, and a path to reach the sniping perch up the wall.
8. Remnants - Just kind of basic. The caves should've been a more intricate and featured more pits, rope points, and slides.

Creaking

they should reduce lp for shotgun to 5 or even 4, maybe increase fire rate and perhaps put 5 in the clip instead of 4

I think the Mazur should be 4 too. I know AKyemeni loves the thing, but I've only run into two proficient Mazur users in all my time playing, and even then, they were very easy to overcome.

TripOpt55

Pirate Colony and River are the only ones that stick out to me as featuring anywhere near the kind of layering and verticality I think this MP should have. None of them are particularly terrible, but none of them are particularly great either. They're so focused on funneling players into lanes to facilitate team vs. team fronts that they aren't really unpredictable and complicated enough. Almost every "callout" spot on the map feels like it's missing a higher or lower tier, and another entry point.

Ranking (mostly judging by TDM because Plunder/Command are ruined by mines, and Team Objective isn't in the game)

1. River - The jungle side is a little boring, but the decayed structure at the waterfall and the rope points all around it are great. Also love the water in the middle, and the escape route mudslides.
2. Pirate Colony - The ship side and houses are fun, but the middle near the bridge and back by the jungle need more climbing spots and layers.
3. Auction House - These buildings should have more interiors. I like it, especially the parts that layer near the middle, but it's too flat.
4. Scotland - Too simple and flat. The campaign cemetery encounter had a more interesting layout to use as a foundation.
5. Rooftops - Again, too simple. I wish there was one more large interior right in the middle to balance map flow and allow for more flanking/escapes.
6. Madagascar - Too linear. The marketplace is a lot of fun, but the routes that surround it are so simple. Should be a lot more porous.
7. Island - Way too easy to lock down. Needs a higher and lower tier, and a path to reach the sniping perch up the wall.
8. Remnants - Just kind of basic. The caves should've been a more intricate and featured more pits, rope points, and slides.

I was sitting here trying to rank them and it kind of hit me that none of them stand out. They all feel for the most part to just be a bit to either side of average. I'd agree Pirate Colony and River are probably the closest to what I'd like an Uncharted 4 MP map to be even if I think a couple of the others are a bit more solid from an overall design standpoint (and a bit more boring at the same time). I'd probably put Island at the bottom. It's only redeeming feature is the wonders of triple swing rope takedown.

Looking at some of the best maps from 2 in particular and some of the designs for arena layouts in 4's campaign that play a little more with verticality, I can't help but feel a bit disappointed with the lot of these. The only reason I'm not more disappointed is because the beta prepared me for these lackluster map designs. It did not prepare me for the lack of modes. That is where the full game's MP really disappointed me.

Donos

Yl7A9uL.gif

Fucking white plug, man.

DENIED!

I feel that most lvl3 and even some lvl2 upgrades of the perks are worthless if you see how mouch LP they need. Granted i only have 21 LP so far (what's the max?) but with a brute sidekick and granades, thats already 15 LP (with AK). Without any mods. Marked lvl2 is also essential for me in my eyes so there is almost room for other things.

Going to try a bit more.

I was sitting here trying to rank them and it kind of hit me that none of them stand out. They all feel for the most part to just be a bit to either side of average. I'd agree Pirate Colony and River are probably the closest to what I'd like an Uncharted 4 MP map to be even if I think a couple of the others are a bit more solid from an overall design standpoint (and a bit more boring at the same time). I'd probably put Island at the bottom. It's only redeeming feature is the wonders of triple swing rope takedown.

I really would like a revamps of maps like highrise or train wreck.

Creaking

DENIED!

I feel that most lvl3 and even some lvl2 upgrades of the perks are worthless if you see how mouch LP they need. Granted i only have 21 LP so far (what's the max?) but with a brute sidekick and granades, thats already 15 LP (with AK). Without any mods. Marked lvl2 is also essential for me in my eyes so there is almost room for other things.

Going to try a bit more.

26 LPs is the max.

Ohhh, i could work with that. But i don't want to know how long it would take me to get there.

Not too long if you concentrate on unlocking loadout points. Once i started actively working towards them i unlocked the last 5-6 points within a couple of days.

Top Bottom