• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Uncharted 4: A Thief's End Multiplayer |OT| Swinging To Victory

Grinchy

Banned
I think maybe the one thing that is going to annoy me about the MP is the blindfire/hipfire upgrade. I've used it and it's silly that you can just run in circles while holding R2 and get kills.

I think maybe the one thing that is going to annoy me about the MP is the blindfire/hipfire upgrade. I've used it and it's silly that you can just run in circles while holding R2 and get kills.
You still have to aim the camera though... this is nothing like the UC3 KAL fiasco.

Blindfire is fine in this game. Perhaps they could add some stopping power
(inb4 it's not fair)

I also like the fact that they've made blindfire more tactical/viable if you utilize cover.

Cover was near worthless in the previous games. Only noobs who didn't know better used it. It was all about fleet foot and hugging corners.

Hell, I wouldn't even mind if they also increased aiming accuracy/stopping power while being in cover.

Javin98

Banned
Yl7A9uL.gif

Fucking white plug, man.
Haha, hilarious! To be fair, the white plug issue has been far less prevalent and annoying for me recently. It's only a major issue when the match is dominated by 6-8 two bar players. With only 1-3, it is little to non existent and with 4-5, it pops up sporadically but nothing major. Hopefully ND continues to fix this.

I also like the fact that they've made blindfire more tactical/viable if you utilize cover.

Cover was near worthless in the previous games. Only noobs who didn't know better used it. It was all about fleet foot and hugging corners.

Hell, I wouldn't even mind if they also increased aiming accuracy/stopping power while being in cover.
yeah, covers are not nonsense now, but they should not even think about reintroducing stopping power. at least not so powerful like in Uncharted 3.

mines are still to powerful though. they can totally stop fast pacing movements. the timer or radius should be fixed.

Is there a fix for challenges refreshing? I've only had 1 of the 3 refreshing daily while the other two slots keep saying check back tomorrow...for 3 days now. Which sucks because I made it a point to log in over the weekend with the bonus points going on.

Keihart

Is there a fix for challenges refreshing? I've only had 1 of the 3 refreshing daily while the other two slots keep saying check back tomorrow...for 3 days now. Which sucks because I made it a point to log in over the weekend with the bonus points going on.

i though it was 1 new challenge a day and that you could stack up to 3 at a time, at least that is how is been working for me.

Oublieux

That's how it is supposed to function. Only one challenge refreshes daily, but you can stack up to three for days that you miss.

Raxus

Oh gotcha, so just like Hearthstone then? I thought it was glitched. Thanks

Basically except with a shitty reroll system.

I wish there was more of a reason to play the game but as it stands I just sign in to do a daily challenge and open one of the few remaining vanity chests I have. I think Overwatch spoiled me on overall progression systems.

Josh378

Agreed. You better not charge at a good player who is under cover, you may not even get close to them.

Speaking as someone who's pretty crap at this multiplayer, its still a ton of fun due to the traversal and overall move-set being so engaging. Really didn't expect to get so hooked by it.

I know, the mechanics of traversal and shooting are absolutely exceptional.

dosh

Speaking as someone who's pretty crap at this multiplayer, its still a ton of fun due to the traversal and overall move-set being so engaging. Really didn't expect to get so hooked by it.

I'm the same. I didn't expect the SP traversal to work so well in MP. I love how much the game actually encourages movement.
And teamwork. I would have never thought Uncharted would rely so much on sticking with your mates.

My only grievance right now is the overall lack of verticality of the maps. Sad, since the SP used it so well.

And I know a lot of people hate mines but they're so fun to use at times.

The multiplayer is so good/addictive. It's so awesome once you get familiar with how it all works. I've had so many moments when everything just comes together perfectly.

I haven't even touched Overwatch yet because I'm having too much fun with Uncharted 4's multiplayer.

Irish

Does anyone else get the same challenge over and over again?

I think I've had a mine challenge every other day. It rotates between the 10/15 down one, but it always seems to go back to mines. I can't stand using mines, mainly because 85% of the time I throw a grenade I'm going to get at least one kill if not 3-4.

I know it's part and parcel of playing solo, but damn it's still frustrating when I go 15/14 with 7 deaths, and my team still loses 39-40 because someone went 0/0 with 10 deaths...

Raxus

I know it's part and parcel of playing solo, but damn it's still frustrating when I go 15/14 with 7 deaths, and my team still loses 39-40 because someone went 0/0 with 10 deaths...

I know that feeling. I went 24/20/4 one game and we still won barely.

Mark on Damage is amazing and has become a staple in all my builds.

What I don't understand is WHY they refuse to do teamwork, like revives for example... the same thing happened in TLOU (revives, healing, gifts).

It's OK if you can't get a lot of kills, but zero revives as well? Come the fuck on!

Randumbs gonna be randumbs and I'll keep using Savior. It is what it is.

Josh378

Indra's eternity = ridiculous

Has really been a game changer for me when playing against good teams. I love my Build

the pistole is amazing. I made a sneaky pistole build and it just runs over ppl if used wisely. It's soo much fun running around and downing 2-3 ppl at ounce with it. (Elaine's hero version is sick)

Chinner

Banned
Indra's eternity = ridiculous

Has really been a game changer for me when playing against good teams. I love my Build

the pistole is amazing. I made a sneaky pistole build and it just runs over ppl if used wisely. It's soo much fun running around and downing 2-3 ppl at ounce with it. (Elaine's hero version is sick)
What's your build

Josh378

What's your build

Stealth 3(mysticals kill this build if spotted), brawler 2, scavanger 1, Elaine hero weapon (fast reload + strafe improv), grenade. Im still thinking about adding the hunter or indra mystical and just have the hunter follow me around until I get close to the other team. Its still a work in progress. Fast reload is a must on this build. Have an anti-mine build using the pistole as well for those party teams that spam mines.

Its more of a fun build once you get used to it.

test_account

XP-39C²
moneymoneymoneymoney give us money

is why
Nah, thats not the reason. The game has two different currency systems, Relics and Uncharted Points. Unless i've missed something fundamental, there is no overlapping between those currencies. For example, you can only buy Vanity Chest with Relics. There is no way to buy Relics or use Uncharted Points for unlocking those things.

The only overlapping is that the bundles that can be bought with Uncharted Points, in the sense that the items that are available in the bundles are also available randomly in the Vanity Chest. However, the bundles only contains a small part of all the unlocks, and there is no duplicated items in the Vanity Chest.

The reason is most likely that they want to have that small carrot with daily challenge to keep people playing for a longer period of time. If they offered three challenges every day with the same Relic rewards that you get now, it would take much less time to unlock everything, especially since there is no duplicate items. I guess they could have gone the route of offering three daily challenges with the same Relics rewards as you get for one challenge today though, but that wouldnt change anything if the complaint is about little Relics reward.

EDIT: Seems like you can also buy the skins for each characters too. I guess its fair to say that its somewhat about money too in that case, but i dont think that is the only reason.

Finally got around to compiling all my highlights from the past few weeks in my first ever proper gameplay video with some of my best rope K.O's, funny moments and glitches.

https://youtu.be/X0VTPanJZ4E

Hopefully, as ND patch in more content, I will be able to make more videos and capture the awesome moments that can be had in the multiplayer.

TripOpt55

Nah, thats not the reason. The game has two different currency systems, Relics and Uncharted Points. Unless i've missed something fundamental, there is no overlapping between those currencies. For example, you can only buy Vanity Chest with Relics. There is no way to buy Relics or use Uncharted Points for unlocking those things.

The only overlapping is that the bundles that can be bought with Uncharted Points, in the sense that the items that are available in the bundles are also available randomly in the Vanity Chest. However, the bundles only contains a small part of all the unlocks, and there is no duplicated items in the Vanity Chest.

The reason is most likely that they want to have that small carrot with daily challenge to keep people playing for a longer period of time. If they offered three challenges every day with the same Relic rewards that you get now, it would take much less time to unlock everything, especially since there is no duplicate items. I guess they could have gone the route of offering three daily challenges with the same Relics rewards as you get for one challenge today though, but that wouldnt change anything if the complaint is about little Relics reward.

I believe you can buy all individual items like characters, skins, taunts, etc. by themselves with Naughty Dog points too. I know because I bought a couple Elena skins with the free ND points I got from pre-ordering/getting the Special Edition. I assume the same goes for hats and the like, but I can't say I looked into it.

test_account

XP-39C²
I believe you can buy all individual items like characters, skins, taunts, etc. by themselves with Naughty Dog points too. I know because I bought a couple Elena skins with the free ND points I got from pre-ordering/getting the Special Edition. I assume the same goes for hats and the like, but I can't say I looked into it.
Yeah, i see that now. Thanks for the info. I already unlocked all characters through the Vanity Chest, but i see that you can click on each character and then buy their costumes. Same goes for sidekick skins. Doesnt seem to be any way to buy the taunts or individial items though (i just checked). But in this case, i guess its fair to say its somewhat about the money too, but i dont think that is the only reason.

Top Bottom