• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Uncharted 4: A Thief's End Multiplayer |OT| Swinging To Victory

DaciaJC

Gold Member
Yeah I know bummed me out too, but I'm assuming it will get added for everyone else at some point. The skin is too iconic to be left locked away as a bonus.

Yeah, I'm sure it'll be added for everyone in one of the major updates in the future.

Playing right now if anyone needs people
PSN: same as user

An I crazy or did they started adding dynamic weather, it just started to rain in Pirate Colony o_O

Also Naughty Dog need to either give us an option to disable Uncharted TV, or at least reduce the quality of the stream. It chugs horribly on my connection. Plus since the 020 update matchmaking has been screwed up royally. I can't find optimal or close games anymore... I always get stuck with games from overseas.

RS4-

Thinking it over, I'm not a fan at all with the unlock system. Solo or in a group, if you're not getting downs, you're not making any progression in weapons or dailies.

Sure, you can get some in the perks and other stuff. Should've just done the whole level/cod style of progression.

Figured out a workaround for the matchmaking issue, just keep trying to change the current Uncharted TV video until it starts playing the Launch trailer again, and then matchmaking works again. So it's Uncharted TV fucking everything up.

oVXUDFn.jpg

Dat clutch tho...

Mr Git

lol I lost a match like that.

Anyone got tips for getting downs with mines. I need 10 for one of the challenges. Played 4 matches with the mine and only managed to get one down.

Plant them near a treasure on TDM, preferably in some foliage if possible and spend all your in-game cash upgrading them as soon as possible.

Grinchy

Banned
I used mines so much at the beginning that I sucked with grenades. I still have an easier time getting 10 mine downs than 10 grenade downs.

Majin Boo

Figured out a workaround for the matchmaking issue, just keep trying to change the current Uncharted TV video until it starts playing the Launch trailer again, and then matchmaking works again. So it's Uncharted TV fucking everything up.

This works occasionally, but matchmaking is still completely fu**ed for me at the moment, because when the Uncharted TV video changes to anything but the trailer while I'm still searching for players I lose connection to everyone and the search begins from the beginning, amazing.

llaannccee

This works occasionally, but matchmaking is still completely fu**ed for me at the moment, because when the Uncharted TV video changes to anything but the trailer while I'm still searching for players I lose connection to everyone and the search begins from the beginning, amazing.

Have the exact same problem. Hope this gets fixed soon.

Plunder is such a fucking mess. Why would they do this to the greatest freaking mode in UC2?
It's amazing that ND neglects to add basic stuff (from Uncharted TV toggle to Plunder fixes) in every single Uncharted iteration.

Just imagine if Microsoft didn't add Copy/Paste functionality in every Windows iteration... I'm not sure why ND gets away with that.

Some things should be taken for granted.

Keihart

a party steam rolled me in TDM , hunters galore and the 5 oponents running together after the spawns, it was so much fun, a blast i tell you.

40-2...

Keihart

So i did a challenge with the Mazur LDR and it felt like i was playing a completly diferent game than uncharted, but a lot more in tune with the stuff added now.

The game gives you soooo many tools to camp an area is not even fair. Your side kicks, the mines and even the mysticals help you a lot with this. Even revives are benefitial to hold an area.

That said, i love the feedback when getting headshots, the hitmarker and the sound, pretty addicting.

WinFonda

This is not particularly good Uncharted play. You had a good score in the end, for sure... but this game was very winnable, you just have to change up your strat. Your general playstyle isn't optimal... not for a whole match. You're playing the game like its Rainbow Six Siege or COD. Most of your kills have no risk attached or outplay involved. You're just waiting and blindfiring or shooting people who have their backs turned to you, or getting mine kills when they come to your camping spot. But what you're not doing is putting any pressure on your opponent while they're killing your teammates. When you hardcore solo camp like this you're effectively taking a body off the field for your team, which means more pressure on your teammates. Very rarely were you even visible to the enemy. What this does is give the enemy team an almost constant numbers advantage and it's detrimental to your own team's mobility and cohesiveness.

My advice would be to learn to use other guns that are effective at range and proper nades so that you can move around the map with more success and confidence, as well as apply pressure from afar.

Taking heat and gunfire from the enemy team will enable your own team to do more, and making effective solo plays (like flanks) that kill the enemy team before your own team suffers too many losses will do more to help you win. Also, revive. If you're playing TDM and you miss free revives, you're adding +1 to your opponents score, which may as well be -1 from your own.

To solo carry you have to play around your team, not do your own thing and everyone else be damned. Sorry if this comes off as harsh, but I feel people need to understand why this play style is fundamentally flawed in game like Uncharted.

I promise that I'm not camping strategically holding down areas whenever I come in here complaining about the new mechanics and maps or whatever. Total team player who runs with the Cintamani Stone, grenades, and willing to sacrifice himself for the good of the team. Also you can't get rope kills while camping strategically holding down areas.

Keihart

I promise that I'm not camping strategically holding down areas whenever I come in here complaining about the new mechanics and maps or whatever. Total team player who runs with the Cintamani Stone, grenades, and willing to sacrifice himself for the good of the team. Also you can't get rope kills while camping strategically holding down areas.

if you don't swing why you play? amrite?...maybe is just me, but half my enjoyment, or even more is swinging now...

@QTrain

Do you plan to bring Team Objective back? Not as a separate playlist, just replace Command with it.

I also have a suggestion about free DLC: make all of them mandatory patches/Title Updates.

Free DLC on the PS store is not a good idea due to region mismatch issues (it happened in TLOU with the free map pack).

Make it as easy as possible, there are tons of casuals out there that don't know how to browse the PS store or make a new PSN account in a different region...

ps: The in-game Live Update notification is a pretty cool addition.

WinFonda

Command can probably still continue to co-exist alongside Team Objective, unless they opt to absorb it into Team Objective over the standard Turf War. But if Command must be sacrificed for Objective to exist, then so be it.

I say that even as I put 90% of my play time into command right now and it's my current go-to mode, but it's no Team Objective.

Top Bottom