• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Uncharted 4: A Thief's End Multiplayer |OT| Swinging To Victory

Keihart

@QTrain

Do you plan to bring Team Objective back? Not as a separate playlist, just replace Command with it.

I also have a suggestion about free DLC: make all of them mandatory patches/Title Updates.

Free DLC on the PS store is not a good idea due to region mismatch issues (it happened in TLOU with the free map pack).

Make it as easy as possible, there are tons of casuals out there that don't know how to browse the PS store or make a new PSN account in a different region...

ps: The in-game Live Update notification is a pretty cool addition.

Yes to everything, if all DLC is free i hope is just a patch, like R6S, the easier way for everyone i would asume.

Alienous

Command can probably still continue to co-exist alongside Team Objective, unless they opt to absorb it into Team Objective over the standard Turf War. But if Command must be sacrificed for Objective to exist, then so be it.

I say that even as I put 90% of my play time into command right now and it's my current go-to mode, but it's no Team Objective.

Command seems to want to be Team Objective anyway, with its VIP spin.

are the low tier ranks like bronze harder than the higher ranks like gold or silver?
I'm somehow in the bronze league and most of the time my team mates are way to dumb. they can't react to the opposing team and I can't carry the whole gane.

WinFonda

Command seems to want to be Team Objective anyway, with its VIP spin.

yeah, it's basically a 2-in-1, a mashup of turf war and marked man... it's like they were working on TO but had to ship with that.

command completely works as stand alone mode, but what team objective brings to the table is more much variance with its rotating objectives, more focus on a singular objective at any given time, and hard round resets so that momentum can be constantly shifting. the great thing about Team Objective is how it's anyone's game right up till the scoreboard appears... there's more a sense of inevitability for command's outcomes.

Liamario

Banned
This is not particularly good Uncharted play. You had a good score in the end, for sure... but this game was very winnable, you just have to change up your strat. Your general playstyle isn't optimal... not for a whole match. You're playing the game like its Rainbow Six Siege or COD. Most of your kills have no risk attached or outplay involved. You're just waiting and blindfiring or shooting people who have their backs turned to you, or getting mine kills when they come to your camping spot. But what you're not doing is putting any pressure on your opponent while they're killing your teammates. When you hardcore solo camp like this you're effectively taking a body off the field for your team, which means more pressure on your teammates. Very rarely were you even visible to the enemy. What this does is give the enemy team an almost constant numbers advantage and it's detrimental to your own team's mobility and cohesiveness.

My advice would be to learn to use other guns that are effective at range and proper nades so that you can move around the map with more success and confidence, as well as apply pressure from afar.

Taking heat and gunfire from the enemy team will enable your own team to do more, and making effective solo plays (like flanks) that kill the enemy team before your own team suffers too many losses will do more to help you win. Also, revive. If you're playing TDM and you miss free revives, you're adding +1 to your opponents score, which may as well be -1 from your own.

To solo carry you have to play around your team, not do your own thing and everyone else be damned. Sorry if this comes off as harsh, but I feel people need to understand why this play style is fundamentally flawed in game like Uncharted.

Camping isn't my style. Normally I am circling the map going from treasure to treasure. I tend to stay away from the team and let them engage the enemy while I get in behind. Whatever was going on in that game, they just kept coming to me, so I decided to stay in that area.

Tagg9

Oh man, I've lost 5 command games in a row. I don't actually think I'm that good at the game, but all my teammates have been completely useless.

ogSV8xi.jpg

yeah, it's basically a 2-in-1, a mashup of turf war and marked man... it's like they were working on TO but had to ship with that.

command completely works as stand alone mode, but what team objective brings to the table is more much variance with its rotating objectives, more focus on a singular objective at any given time, and hard round resets so that momentum can be constantly shifting. the great thing about Team Objective is how it's anyone's game right up till the scoreboard appears... there's more a sense of inevitability for command's outcomes.

Yeah Command can snowball and it gets difficult to recover.

Plus mines smh

Team Objective is more dynamic and unpredictable. The major shifts in gamemodes and map usage keeps everyone on their toes and keeps the door open for weird comebacks.

About 80% of my downs were headshots with the Mazur. I'm uploading the full game.

Great score and my next goal (5k) but this highlights the drawback of the snipers in this game. Since you're typically sniping from a distance, KO's are hard to come by and enemy revives are plentiful. I use the Mazur every once in a while to mix it up but it's hard to main because of this.

TripOpt55

Yeah, I really wish Team Objective was in. I really liked that 2v2v2 Deathmatch mode they had in 3 too. That is probably never coming back though.

Liamario

Banned
Huh never seen that one happen before.

That's the first time that has happened, but I do get related bugs. Buying the gun sometimes asks me to load it first and sometimes not. This happens when I buy it fresh and not when I restock ammo for it.

SDR-UK

That's the first time that has happened, but I do get related bugs. Buying the gun sometimes asks me to load it first and sometimes not. This happens when I buy it fresh and not when I restock ammo for it.

If you buy it whilst you're alive, it is already loaded. If you're dead, you have to manually reload. It's the same as in The Last of Us.

AKyemeni

If you buy it whilst you're alive, it is already loaded. If you're dead, you have to manually reload. It's the same as in The Last of Us.
You have it backwards :p

And it's actually different in TloU.

When you first purchase the weapon, it's already loaded. When you buy more, you have to reload.

You have it backwards :p

And it's actually different in TloU.

When you first purchase the weapon, it's already loaded. When you buy more, you have to reload.

I don't use the GL but for the Condor if you buy it when alive it has to be loaded. Not sure about death.

Does it work for iOS? How does it work?

Just uninstall and reinstall the app.

I got some hatemail from a salty guy because apparently in the last match I didn't "try hard" enough due to having to unlock some stuff... basically he reinforced ND's stance on the stats/leaderboards matter. Some people measure their testosterone by their KDR. Real sad.

Good thing Sony processes reports in less than an hour these days. Nothing like the PS3 anarchy era. Keep sending hatemail to various people and you can kiss goodbye your PS+ account, Mr. No Lifer. :)

DaciaJC

Gold Member
Is there any way to reliably dodge rope jumping kills (like rolling away from charged attacks) or do you just have to run away when you sense an enemy is about to jump you? Should one try rolling just as the enemy releases their grip on the rope, or will they home in on you regardless?

QTrain

Neo Member
Is there any way to reliably dodge rope jumping kills (like rolling away from charged attacks) or do you just have to run away when you sense an enemy is about to jump you? Should one try rolling just as the enemy releases their grip on the rope, or will they home in on you regardless?

The best thing to do is run out of the rope punch range.

Grinchy

Banned
I personally hate that the rope takedown is automatic. It just magnetizes onto enemies so there is no counter to it whatsoever. I have some videos of where I dodge at the last second as if it were a Souls game, and it looks so funky when the guy's body teleports over to me to still get the down.

I just don't think it should be such a powerful move since it's so damn easy to pull off. They fixed the blindfire/hipfire because they knew it was too cheesy. I hope they fix this cheesy bullshit too.

Eh I don't think the rope is too powerful. I rarely ever get taken down by one and a lot of times I'll miss the one I'm doing because the person is moving. Seems about right to me.

I got some hatemail from a salty guy because apparently in the last match I didn't "try hard" enough due to having to unlock some stuff... basically he reinforced ND's stance on the stats/leaderboards matter. Some people measure their testosterone by their KDR. Real sad.

Good thing Sony processes reports in less than an hour these days. Nothing like the PS3 anarchy era. Keep sending hatemail to various people and you can kiss goodbye your PS+ account, Mr. No Lifer. :)

You can do that?

Some loser sent me some PSN message saying he reported me for kicking his butt in a U4 match.

I should report that foo.
I personally hate that the rope takedown is automatic. It just magnetizes onto enemies so there is no counter to it whatsoever. I have some videos of where I dodge at the last second as if it were a Souls game, and it looks so funky when the guy's body teleports over to me to still get the down.

I just don't think it should be such a powerful move since it's so damn easy to pull off. They fixed the blindfire/hipfire because they knew it was too cheesy. I hope they fix this cheesy bullshit too.

You can shoot them out of the air if you are fast enough/they are far enough away.

Grinchy

Banned
You can shoot them out of the air if you are fast enough/they are far enough away.

Yeah it's damn satisfying when it works, but I don't find that they are far enough away or that I have enough time in most encounters. I just think that you should be able to time out a dodge to counter it.

Then both people are in an equal firefight where you have to...you know...aim and do things that require skill as opposed to pressing an auto-down button while on a rope.

Keihart

if you keep moving you wont get hit by it, the move is kinda like a punish to camp or not move enough.
Edit: Rope takedowns take skill tho, not the same type of skill as aiming wich is more on the reflexes side, but on the spacial awareness side where you try to outplay enemies wtih your moveset.
If an enemy knows you are going for the rope swing, you'll die probably.

If you stray into rope swinging range, you should be watching out for rope swinging kills. It's not like there are grapple points all over the map.

Grinchy out here defending mines then complaining about one of the best additions to the game smh.

May the rage of a hundred superman punches rain down upon you.

GIFadfbd.gif

They're not going to fix/remove lag compensation. It is what it is.

You can do that?

Some loser sent me some PSN message saying he reported me for kicking his butt in a U4 match.

I should report that too.
Yes, you can Grief Report PSN messages.

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
One of the devs in the ND forums pointed out that Uncharted TV downloads the video once and plays them off the disc so it isn't constantly streaming and taking away your Internet data.

Let me turn it off though, thx.

I got downed and crawled over to a teammate who was sniping from behind cover. I spammed the X button to let them know I was there. The sniping teammate just continued to fire off at a distance as I died next to them.

Fast forward a few minutes. Same teammate and I spawn at the same area. They run ahead of me, get downed by a random mine. Crawl over to me.

I danced and watched them die.

They rage quit. It was worth it.

this was fun

YfnY3P1.gif

I got downed and crawled over to a teammate who was sniping from behind cover. I spammed the X button to let them know I was there. The sniping teammate just continued to fire off at a distance as I died next to them.

Fast forward a few minutes. Same teammate and I spawn at the same area. They run ahead of me, get downed by a random mine. Crawl over to me.

I danced and watched them die.

They rage quit. It was worth it.

Edit:

Second Edit: Actually, this reply is better.

giphy.gif

One of the devs in the ND forums pointed out that Uncharted TV downloads the video once and plays them off the disc so it isn't constantly streaming and taking away your Internet data.

Let me turn it off though, thx.
It worked like that in UC3 MP as well. It saved the video in the hard disk
(not disc)

Still though, I want the toggle... don't force me to see that ugly mug hundreds of times.
I'd rather watch Rockshow2oo8 (too bad he stopped making videos).

Teknoman

I hope im making the right decision to beat the story first then jump into MP. Im probably gonna be left behind, but its what I did with U2 and 3.

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
It worked like that in UC3 MP as well. It saved the video in the hard disk
(not disc)

Still though, I want the toggle... don't force me to see that ugly mug hundreds of times.
I'd rather watch Rockshow2oo8 (too bad he stopped making videos).
Man that name takes me back lol. I agree though, I'd take his videos over any of the ones we have now. All we have now are videos from people who don't really care about uncharted at all, only at the moment since it's popular now. Two years from now or even a year from now, these people would have already moved on because they don't really care about the MP..

Man that name takes me back lol. I agree though, I'd take his videos over any of the ones we have now. All we have now are videos from people who don't really care about uncharted at all, only at the moment since it's popular now. Two years from now or even a year from now, these people would have already moved on because they don't really care about the MP..

I don't care about UnchartedTV one way or another, but SanchoWest and RobinGaming have been making Naughty Dog MP game videos for years so I'm not sure what you mean by this.

Top Bottom