• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Uncharted 4: A Thief's End Multiplayer |OT| Swinging To Victory

wjcbLzR.gif

Rajang

LOOL.

Beat it today. 😥
God I just didn't want it to end. The whole experience was so incredible. The visuals were like nothing I've ever seen. The characters conversing with each other and the emotions on their faces was truly top tier stuff.

I have never LOVED having companions with me the entire game. It made those moments when your alone feel utterly alone.

I only have one real gripe with the game and that's melee combat. There needs to be a counter feature. what made it so frustrating was the countering with the last sword fight was AMAZING! Why couldn't they have done that with those melee combat segments? Triangle to block left punch, square for right. Would have been so much better.

And OH GOD at the car chase!!! I've never played a something that insane. My Gold headsets were blaring loud. Felt like I was actively participate of a movie. Amazing.

Well done Nauthy Dog. If this was in fact your last Uncharted, this was certainly the one to end on.

Oh and playing on Hard...was really f'ing hard holy crap. Felt like crushing.

Wrong thread homie.

I just did the greatest thing in the world. Close match on Pirate Colony, 37-34 us. My teammates had just died so I was outnumbered and retreated to inside the ship and did two charged melee takedowns in a row, then I swung back and forth across the gap behind the ship and the sniping tower and rope KO'd the last enemy for the win! I love moments like that.

TripOpt55

Oh man. Had my best match today. 25 downs, I think 19 KOs and 3 deaths in TDM. The match actually started with the other team up 5-0 too. They had sort of won that initial skirmish that happens and wiped us out. Then things really swung. Going to have to upload that one to Youtube!

I think I have settled on a new loadout. AK with the blind fire mod and the Para-9. Indra's Eternity and Grenades. And then the Level 3 Healing and Level 3 Combat Marking boosters. I was bouncing between the Brute and some other things as a part of my loadout, but I cut that and used the LPs for better boosters and started using the cash to upgrade my grenades which I hadn't been doing before and I feel this setup is really working for me.

Foxxsoxx

I swear if I'm not playing with a group of friends that I'm matched up with some of the worst players I've ever seen.

Consistently game after game I watch these people play and there is just no signs of intelligent life on my team a good amount of the time.

There are bad players and then there is whatever today has been. /shudder

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
I swear if I'm not playing with a group of friends that I'm matched up with some of the worst players I've ever seen.

Consistently game after game I watch these people play and there is just no signs of intelligent life on my team a good amount of the time.

It's always been that way if you solo it up in Uncharted MP games. I think its a little worse in this game because of the down/ko system. Even if I had shitty, brainless randumbs, at least in past UC MP games people weren't in groups together and even if they were, I know for sure that if I got the jump on them, they wouldn't be able to get revived or be downed.

It's cus you'll end up matched against a fully party who are all running around the map within 3 meters of each other ready for the Jesus-inspired healing system. There's no mode for people who don't want pub stomped you see

Grinchy

Banned
Do you guys think they'll ever fix the stats on the leaderboards? Or do you think they'll end up just resetting everything when they fix the tracking problem?

I'd love to know my actual stats.

test_account

XP-39C²
I wish that it was possible to sort after different stats in the leaderboard. Right now, it seems that it just sorts out from average score pr. minute (ASPM). I dont care that much about the leaderboard though, but i dont think ASPM is a good representation. People who have played like one match might be way above people who have played thousands of matches. I like progressive leaderboards more instead, based on total score or kills etc..

Do you guys think they'll ever fix the stats on the leaderboards? Or do you think they'll end up just resetting everything when they fix the tracking problem?

Ive played for approximately 15hrs, the leaderboard says I have played for 6 days 12hrs and I have 1 support score per minute :p

Grinchy

Banned
Ive played for approximately 15hrs, the leaderboard says I have played for 6 days 12hrs and I have 1 support score per minute :p

Yeah the numbers are all screwed. And despite scoring 3000+ in many games, my highest score on the leaderboards is 2300.

Also, at the end of matches, I'll hear someone say what their score was and their screen shows a different score from mine. The tracking is just completely fucked.

Burning4

Neo Member

If I had a dollar for every time someone failed to revive me when I'm the captain...

It is really infuriating when there are no enemies around and they are just hiding behind cover while I'm nudging my head into their ass.

You play for 20 seconds and think 'what a fantastic game'.

Then from that point on everyone can afford sidekicks, mysticals, and heavy weapons.

Goreomedy

Console Market Analyst
Play ranked matches.

I'm in Platinum now and team skills are pretty consistent now. Even in Gold it was better than in non ranked games.
Plus there is communication going on sometimes.
I'd like to, but the buddy I play with got ranked bronze, and I'm starting as Gold. Won't let us play together. He's not bad, but he focuses on support type classes, getting assists and revives more than KOs.

That sucks.

They never bothered fixing them in U3, doubt there will here either.

Pretty annoying.

SDR-UK

Uncharted 2 and 3 leaderboards were fine until they were 'hacked' by people inputting false stats into their account via CFW and then running OFW to get the spot on the leaderboard. They were reset at some point during the lifetime of Uncharted 3 after many of the fans complained because Naughty Dog took it away just before that and the same thing happened again.

Oh wow U3 had the same problem? I never really played the other Uncharteds online.

That's a real shame. TLoU didn't have this problem so I'm surprised.

TLoU isn't perfect either.

If you look at your current level, say you were 31 and check Survivors stats, it would show 31, but then on Supply Raid it would show you were level 27, and Interrogations would say you were 30.

That's not to say there weren't other issues with the stat tracking that I didn't notice.

Uncharted 2 and 3 leaderboards were fine until they were 'hacked' by people inputting false stats into their account via CFW and then running OFW to get the spot on the leaderboard. They were reset at some point during the lifetime of Uncharted 3 after many of the fans complained because Naughty Dog took it away just before that and the same thing happened again.

U3 hours played are still messed up to this day. I think I put in 200+ hours into Survival but I shows me as maybe 20-30 hours.

I have to give props to ND for fixing party splits after 7 years. No, I'm not being sarcastic.

Matchmaking is still hit or miss though... I was matched with Asia (Japan & Korea) this afternoon and I was playing solo. If they introduce levels, I'm afraid it can only get worse (
yeah, people will inevitably ask for level-based matchmaking
)...

AKyemeni

I have to give props to ND for fixing party splits after 7 years. No, I'm not being sarcastic.

Matchmaking is still hit or miss though... I was matched with Asia (Japan & Korea) this afternoon and I was playing solo. If they introduce levels, I'm afraid it can only get worse (
)...
There is still the problem of party members being left in the lobby though.

SDR-UK

)...

I got split the other day actually, although it is definitely less frequent.

In UC3 MP you would get an extra booster if you used character weapons with the equivalent character skin (i.e. Chloe + Chloe's M9 + Chloe's Tau sniper).

Does anyone know if the same applies here?

TripOpt55

Had a sweet comeback tonight. I wasn't sure how much, but checking the video we were down 5-19 at the largest margin. Then it was 30-39 and we scored the last 10 KOs to win. I had no idea they were sitting on 39 for so long until I looked it up.

Incredible number of really poorly timed white plugs tonight. I've never had this issue before, now it's hitting every time I'm in a firefight or about to make a death defying leap :(

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
In UC3 MP you would get an extra booster if you used character weapons with the equivalent character skin (i.e. Chloe + Chloe's M9 + Chloe's Tau sniper).

Does anyone know if the same applies here?
I've tried different combos, but I haven't had any luck.

Foxxsoxx

I really hope the Dogs nerf Indra sooner rather than later, I'm surprised not many people use it, but it is definitely too powerful in the state it is in, especially combined with the 30% slower speed. The time of effect should probably have a second or two taken off.

Seriously though, I use Indra more than I should and it destroys in all the wrong ways, I can't imagine seeing teams of 5 all using it and having anyone having a fun time against it.

Anyway after many weeks of playing here is some feedbacks for the Dogs.

___

Condor - needs a slightly faster rate of fire, it is outclassed by the Barok .44 and there isn't much else to discuss.

Pistole - Increase the damage drop off significantly. This thing is a monster for finishing off players or harassing from far away. I would also really consider taking off the extended clip, it is broken.

C4 - Ability to carry 2 C4 at level 2.

Dorrito - Decreased LP cost by 1, decreased monetary cost by about $100 and a slight bit more damage per projectile.

Rope Master 2 - Recoil greatly decreased while using a rope. Currently way too situational to be viable using anything past level 1.

Rope swings and pull/kickdowns should give increased cash instead of just $50 for a KO. Around 200-250 would be reasonable.

A lot of areas have some climbing issues that you either have to grab another part of the ledge to get up or you simply stop moving altogether, a bit funky along with the cover system being funky at times as well.

1. Condor - needs a slightly faster rate of fire, it is outclassed by the Barok .44 and there isn't much else to discuss.

2. Rope swings and pull/kickdowns should give increased cash instead of just $50 for a KO. Around 200-250 would be reasonable.

3. A lot of areas have some climbing issues that you either have to grab another part of the ledge to get up or you simply stop moving altogether, a bit funky along with the cover system being funky at times as well.

1. It's not outclassed because the Barok is super difficult to aim versus the Condor. There's a much higher risk/reward for using the Barok.

2. It should be the regular $150 (for Down + KO). No need to get crazy, that will only encourage people to swing around the ropes all match (including your teammates). Interestingly, they reduced the payout for KO'ing a Sidekick from $200 to $100. That should have been left alone because Sidekicks require a lot more ammo and/or effort to KO.

3. Agreed, and also your character doesn't stick to cover properly way too often. This is the most urgent flaw that needs fixing.

There is still the problem of party members being left in the lobby though.
This usually happens when a certain player cannot connect to the newly found host due to some NAT Type incompatibility (lack of port forwarding most likely).

ND could add a message box explaining what happened or they could try searching for a more NAT suitable host (this could increase lag if they have to widen the search radius).

There's not much else they can do, apart from adding dedicated servers. It's the nature of p2p + IPv4 (IPv6 does not require port forwarding, but Sony still doesn't support it).

ps: The same thing (sudden disconnection for a certain player) might happen during host migration (if such thing exists in UC4 MP). It was a common occurence in UC2 MP. It's not always possible to find someone who has the least latency to all other players & Open NAT.

Top Bottom