• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Uncharted 4: A Thief's End Multiplayer |OT| Swinging To Victory

DaciaJC

Gold Member
I really hope the Dogs nerf Indra sooner rather than later, I'm surprised not many people use it, but it is definitely too powerful in the state it is in, especially combined with the 30% slower speed. The time of effect should probably have a second or two taken off.

Seriously though, I use Indra more than I should and it destroys in all the wrong ways, I can't imagine seeing teams of 5 all using it and having anyone having a fun time against it.

Yeah, it's pretty ridiculous. I abuse it all the time to shut down Sidekicks and groups of players hiding behind cover. Sometimes I'll have one use left over and I'll throw it at a single enemy. Poor bloke never stands a chance.

Foxxsoxx

Yeah, it's pretty ridiculous. I abuse it all the time to shut down Sidekicks and groups of players hiding behind cover. Sometimes I'll have one use left over and I'll throw it at a single enemy. Poor bloke never stands a chance.

Yeah it blows my mind that it is hardly used, but a few months from now I can see it running rampant. Once you throw it they're defenseless to fight back or even run. It's some of the easiest kills I've ever gotten, especially if you have a grenade and you throw it at a group.

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
Yeah it blows my mind that it is hardly used, but a few months from now I can see it running rampant. Once you throw it they're defenseless to fight back or even run. It's some of the easiest kills I've ever gotten, especially if you have a grenade and you throw it at a group.
It's already being overused IMO. I agree with your original post. At the moment there is no counter for it and add the extra slow motion mod and you're fucked. This is what everyone does, they'll activate it and throw a grenade. It's so cheap.

The way I see it, it's a stopping power replacement. Too many people cried about the G-MAL SP, so now we got this. Be careful what you wish for, because sometimes it gets replaced by something worse
(the same thing happened with Situational Awareness)
. ;p

Perhaps they should have added a stopping power weapon mod instead of Indra's Eternity. This could promote aiming a bit more, instead of slowing down multiple opponents all at once with almost zero effort. The UC3 Summer beta had stopping power one use boosters.

Just giving a suggestion/alternative. I don't see it very often and most of the time I don't even use mysticals or sidecocks.

leng jai

Agreed that the slow motion mystical is ridiculous. You might as well be frozen for 5 seconds with how strong it is now. I might have to start using it myself, been using the revive one mostly.

ThisOne

Agreed that the slow motion mystical is ridiculous. You might as well be frozen for 5 seconds with how strong it is now. I might have to start using it myself, been using the revive one mostly.

Yep, shouldn't slow you down so much. You're basically immobile when it's used. Either nerf how much it slows players down or make it a smaller area of effect.

I complained that Indra's Eternity was a bunch of nonsense back during the betas. I went against numerous team who would spam multiple of them at the same time and it was garbage. There's almost no way out of certain scenarios, and it's only going to get worse as casual player numbers drop off.

There needs to be a new Mystical called "Bullshit Counter" that only ever costs a dollar, and when you use it all the bullshit on a map and in anyone's inventory just poofs away.

I complained that Indra's Eternity was a bunch of nonsense back during the betas. I went against numerous team who would spam multiple of them at the same time and it was garbage. There's almost no way out of certain scenarios, and it's only going to get worse as casual player numbers drop off.

There needs to be a new Mystical called "Bullshit Counter" that only ever costs a dollar, and when you use it all the bullshit on a map and in anyone's inventory just poofs away.

Unless they throw it point blank onto you, just move away from it. You have enough time to get a full roll / jump distance away from the blast, and provided you're not stuck in the middle of it during this time, you'll be fine.

The hard counter to indra's is djjin, which is also lower cost.

Unless they throw it point blank onto you, just move away from it. You have enough time to get a full roll / jump distance away from the blast, and provided you're not stuck in the middle of it during this time, you'll be fine.

The hard counter to indra's is djjin, which is also lower cost.
Interesting perspective. Maybe the meta is deeper than we thought.

WinFonda

The way I see it, it's a stopping power replacement. Too many people cried about the G-MAL SP, so now we got this. Be careful what you wish for, because sometimes it gets replaced by something worse
(the same thing happened with Situational Awareness)
. ;p

Perhaps they should have added a stopping power weapon mod instead of Indra's Eternity. This could promote aiming a bit more, instead of slowing down multiple opponents all at once with almost zero effort. The UC3 Summer beta had stopping power one use boosters.

Just giving a suggestion/alternative. I don't see it very often and most of the time I don't even use mysticals or sidecocks.

Indra's is not a stopping power replacement and stopping power isn't necessary, I've never had issues downing people who were running at me. And there's no sprint so stopping power would just make it almost impossible to get to cover or return fire if you were in the open and shot at. It would also favor a gun like FAL heavily which is already beast. Stopping power doesn't "promote" aiming so much as it makes it a lot easier by turning your opponents ground to sludge, which is bullshit. Even in U3 they ended up tuning out most of it because it was just too oppressive to open movement.

Indra's is a really powerful defensive/offensive area denial and it needs adjusting back down to 1 per purchase like in the beta, along with more aggressive price hikes similar to El Dorado.

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
Thing is, I've had the djinn mystical and been inside Indra's range with the slower mod and it doesn't do anything when I try and dash away. Its worthless.

Trying to come up with different ways they can balance it...

- you can stack up 4 of them, maybe every purchase should get you 2 or just 1.
- you can throw two of them, maybe just allow one throw and not two.
- they could reduce the time a tiny bit more if you use the extra slow motion mod as I find that mod to be the ONLY mod worth using for that mystical.

The base Indra without the slow motion mod is 100% fine IMO. it's just the extra slow motion mod that is the problem for me.

Right now, whenever I face off against parties that's all they use. Indra with extra slowdown mod + grenade. Happens every time. They don't even try and shoot you. Just grenade you.

Overall, I think most of the mysticals are fine. There is definitely not a lot of stone revive spam anymore after the LP increases. El Dorado is still the best way to flush out an area of enemies, but they really need to fix the bug where you get hit with the specters and not take any damage. Speaking of El Dorado, I've read plenty of threads in the ND forums requesting buffs which I disagree with. A decrease in LP maybe, but thats about it. I think El Dorado's problem at the moment is that it takes too much time for it to appear and start doing its job. Maybe ND should make the spawn of it more quicker.

AKyemeni

I love exploring the maps

Ck9qn8lXAAAUoU5.jpg

Foxxsoxx

Cmon man.

You know ND and Sony don't care about the multiplayers in their games that much.

It upsets me at how great their MP games are, but they don't even realize if they gave it more support it'd be such a hit.

Seriously, they do so much right, but mess up on the little things that would make it an S tier game.

Sorry I didn't get back to you last night when you were sending out invites. I had a buddy over at my place and I was just showing him the ropes (no pun intended).
No worries, just had a spot open so wanted to invite ya!

Also, guys wtf that 40 and 0 game was won WITH A RANDOM?!

Anyone else having issues where matchmaking just skips over searching for optimal games, and goes straight to close ones? I'm not getting any games filled with 4 bar players anymore.

Only just noticed the way the characters handle the Jackal in this game while aiming. The super tight grip and off hand thumb/hammer animation is A+. I still find my gawking at all the animations from time to time. Everything looks so satisfying.

Anyone else having issues where matchmaking just skips over searching for optimal games, and goes straight to close ones? I'm not getting any games filled with 4 bar players anymore.

Meaning you're getting all 5's? Or worse? Where do you live? I haven't had any connection issues since the first week (white plug).

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
I'm getting tired of getting stupid garbage mine challenges every single time. I know I can change them, but this could be one of the reasons why there's so much fucking mine spam. 3 days in a row.

Meaning you're getting all 5's? Or worse? Where do you live? I haven't had any connection issues since the first week (white plug).
4 bars in the highest you can get. :p
What I'm saying is that during matchmaking the game usually looks for optimal games, then close games, then any games etc. When I do matchmaking it just skips past optimal, and goes straight to close which means I get games populated with 2 and 3 bar opponents rather than the full 4 bars I used to get.
Oh, and I'm in Australia.

What I'm saying is that during matchmaking the game usually looks for optimal games, then close games, then any games etc. When I do matchmaking it just skips past optimal, and goes straight to close which means I get games populated with 2 and 3 bar opponents rather than the full 4 bars I used to get.
The AUS pool is not that big, so the matchmaking algorithm has to widen the search radius to find players...

Pachimari

So is the multiplayer really good in this?

Would love to have a multiplayer game for my PS4 that I would actually come back to, besides Fifa.

leng jai

I'm in AU too and I've been getting into unplayable games more and more often. Like the white network icon will just pop up every 5 seconds...

Dave_6

I could not get into a game last night. The closest I got was letting me pick which character to use but then it kicked me back to the searching screen.

WinFonda

This MP is in dire need of new content. it feels like it's losing steam.

Definitely. Thought we'd get an update during E3 week.

I mean, I don't even have all the cosmetic stuff unlocked yet but those things become so unimportant when all we have is 8 maps and 3 modes to play with.

After the first few days I've only played just enough to wipe out my challenges, and nothing more.

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
I've got all the vanity stuff already, so it's really disappointing that they've been so silent about upcoming new content. I have fun, but the MP is severely lacking right now in terms of content and replayability for the average Joe. They really need to do something quick because it's losing steam.

WinFonda

the more I play, the more I miss the treasure spawn/drop system from U3. it was RNG as hell but there was more a thrill to it... especially early in U3's life... and chest opening from the menu is RNG also it's just so passive... it's too hearthstone-y for my liking.

maybe they could bring back treasure drops but instead of collecting sets, just make individual drops rarer but always give an item... they could weight certain items to drop more than others, even include those 1 time use boosters in the loot table; all while maintaining the current complete challenges, buy chests system. combining the two would make playing more matches beyond challenge completion more rewarding.

perhaps it's something they'll consider as they add more unlockables.

Raxus

I've got all the vanity stuff already, so it's really disappointing that they've been so silent about upcoming new content. I have fun, but the MP is severely lacking right now in terms of content and replayability for the average Joe. They really need to do something quick because it's losing steam.

I am saving but I might buy some of the named guns just to check them off my list. Almost have the the modifiers all unlocked too.

The AUS pool is not that big, so the matchmaking algorithm has to widen the search radius to find players...

You're not listening to me. It's not like it's looking for an 'Optimal Game' and failing to find one. It's not even looking to for them at all, and this was something that started happening overnight. It was fine one day, then messed up the next so the player pool shouldn't be part of the problem.

Top Bottom