• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Uncharted 4: A Thief's End Multiplayer |OT| Swinging To Victory

Lack of modes is really depressing. They need Objective mode with like 8 modes within it. That would make me happy for a long while.

I don't even play plunder or command so I pretty much just stick to TDM.

At least in UC3 there was FFA and team objective to spice things up. Not to mention coop but this game has none of that. I can't believe they launched the MP so barebones. Feels like a early access beta.

WinFonda

Lack of modes is really depressing. They need Objective mode with like 8 modes within it. That would make me happy for a long while.
Yep. I will not rest until we get a proper Team Objective mode. All I can do at this point is quote in agreement. Really hope ND is listening.

Yep. I will not rest until we get a proper Team Objective mode. All I can do at this point is quote in agreement. Really hope ND is listening.

There seems to be only one mode coming this summer... I cant wait until Autumn for a new mode if it's not Team Objective now. Team Objective had a ton of great modes in it. I fear theyll do something experimental like Command again, which often just feels like Duck Duck Goose.

TDM is fun because of all the variety in the gameplay, but Team Objective would + UC4 gameplay would be sublime.

Seriously, some news would be great. I also dont play Plunder anymore, it's just not as fun as it used to be. But I feel like Plunder within Team Objective and as a 5v5 mode would be super fun.

I'm really close to selling this game and maybe hopping back sometime in 2017. The MP is fun, but I dont want to wait around for it to be where it should be, and I need the money for autumn's crazy lineup.

AKyemeni

LB5QzO0.gif

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
I am saving but I might buy some of the named guns just to check them off my list. Almost have the the modifiers all unlocked too.
I have about 2.5k relics saved already, but I have no intention of using them for hero weapons. I like working my way to getting them with the required downs. So far I've completed: AK, MP34, Mettler, shotgun, Para, HS, and raffica. Working on the Mazur and Copperhead next. For pistols, it's the aegis and bishai.

the more I play, the more I miss the treasure spawn/drop system from U3. it was RNG as hell but there was more a thrill to it... especially early in U3's life... and chest opening from the menu is RNG also it's just so passive... it's too hearthstone-y for my liking.

maybe they could bring back treasure drops but instead of collecting sets, just make individual drops rarer but always give an item... they could weight certain items to drop more than others, even include those 1 time use boosters in the loot table; all while maintaining the current complete challenges, buy chests system. combining the two would make playing more matches beyond challenge completion more rewarding.

perhaps it's something they'll consider as they add more unlockables.

They had relic drops in the beta but took them out for some reason. Kind of weird because it only dropped 1 at a time so it wasn't like it was anything crazy. Actually they replaced it with 10 relics for a win, but with the old method everyone could get relics during a match.

Cerberus

4 bars in the highest you can get. :p
What I'm saying is that during matchmaking the game usually looks for optimal games, then close games, then any games etc. When I do matchmaking it just skips past optimal, and goes straight to close which means I get games populated with 2 and 3 bar opponents rather than the full 4 bars I used to get.
Oh, and I'm in Australia.

Matchmaking has done that to me a few times, but I always get a full game with 4 bar players. I'm in the USA though.

Sometimes, there will be a player in the lobby with 1 bar, but they usually get dropped from the match before the loadout/character select screen.

Grinchy

Banned

lmao I love situations like this

I've never really thought about it, but did that guy only get 1 death that whole time? Since he was only "downed" I'd assume that's the case. Sometimes I get annoyed when someone revives me in a situation where I die again right away but I probably shouldn't feel that way if it's still just counting as one death.

lmao I love situations like this

I've never really thought about it, but did that guy only get 1 death that whole time? Since he was only "downed" I'd assume that's the case. Sometimes I get annoyed when someone revives me in a situation where I die again right away but I probably shouldn't feel that way if it's still just counting as one death.

Downed state doesn't count as death.

You're not listening to me. It's not like it's looking for an 'Optimal Game' and failing to find one. It's not even looking to for them at all, and this was something that started happening overnight. It was fine one day, then messed up the next so the player pool shouldn't be part of the problem.
If this only happens in Australia, there must be a reason, don't you think? It's not like ND is trolling you... you could always ask them and see what they have to tell you.

Cerberus

Hey, could anyone tell me what the MP Packs in the Triple pack are? Are they just unlock tokens for vanity items? I'm wondering if I can just skip out on the Triple Pack and get the story DLC separate.

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2016/05/02/uncharted-4-multiplayer-guide-2/

For those of you who purchased the Triple Pack (also included in the Digital Deluxe Edition), you’ll gain future access to:

The first-ever single-player story add-on for the Uncharted series
Two multiplayer packs to enhance your multiplayer experience:

MP Pack #1
– Long Gun
– Booster
– Skin
– Hat
– Taunt

MP Pack #2
– Pistol
– Booster
– Mystical
– Hat
– Taunt

I'm pretty sure the story DLC will be available separately though.

Wasn't Left Behind bundled with some TLOU multiplayer items and available separately too?

Cerberus

I've seen this. And to your last question, yes.

However, I should be more clear: I was just wondering (for those that have the Triple Pack) if these MP packs that you listed above contain content that I can already access or are they exclusive vanity items that I can't buy with relics.

Fairness First: We strongly believe that players must be on an even playing field. To do this, we made Relics, a currency that can only be earned through gameplay and will be able to unlock all DLC, present and future. We will be putting future gameplay items ranging from Mysticals to Boosters into DLC Gameplay Chests. Each Chest will contain new gameplay items.

DLC Accessible to Everyone: It was our goal from the start to give players the ability to earn DLC items through gameplay. No DLC item is available exclusively using Uncharted Points.

Based on that, I'm guessing Triple Pack owners get instant access to the multiplayer DLC and everyone else will have to grind relics to unlock them.

DaciaJC

Gold Member
Any ideas on when the first DLC might hit? My interest has been slowly waning, to the point where I think I'll start spending more time in TLoU Factions again than UC4.

Charles

Not a multiplayer question, but I can't seem to find the proper OT. Do the end credits count towards time for the Charted! Speedrun trophy? My last checkpoint in the game is @5h 36 minutes then the credits roll but no trophy pops afterwards. Has it been glitched in some way?

asNoHnr.jpg

Edit: Never mind, I got got it by using the glitch. Sucks that I had to cheat, but at least I know that I'd put in the work for it

Daily challenge, down 15 enemies with mines. AGAIN. fuck off.

Then spend 50 relics to change it to something else.

Anyways has anyone noticed that since Naughty Dog have removed all of those videos from Uncharted TV suddenly matchmaking is working perfectly again? WHAT A SHOCK.

Daily challenge, down 15 enemies with mines. AGAIN. fuck off.

Replace it. For those who don't replace Mine challenges are destined to burn eternal in the fires of damnation.

Like even if you have to go win 5 matches to get enough Uncharted Bucks™, replace it. Be better.

Also, the rope continues to provide me with endless laughs

GIFed99a.gif

28704d.gif

And these body physics/animations caught my eye

GIF3f7792.gif

Anyways has anyone noticed that since Naughty Dog have removed all of those videos from Uncharted TV suddenly matchmaking is working perfectly again? WHAT A SHOCK.
It made no difference for me, but I guess it helped people with low end connections. Still waiting for that toggle.

Christos

Some exciting changes and features confirmed from developer Quentin Cobb for the upcoming patch.

Blindfire will receive another change.
The Pistole Reload Mod will be modified.
Leaderboards will be fixed.
A lot of changes are coming to Ranked TDM.

Other things mentioned:
Classic mode is way too difficult to implement and will probably not happen.
Matchmaking tries to match solo players vs. solo players and parties vs. parties.
A lot of DLC is coming. (Boosters, Mysticals, Maps, Game Modes etc...)
Blue and Red colors for skins aren't available because of the confusion it causes with enemy and ally recognition.

Source

Grinchy

Banned
I love to hear that the leaderboards will be fixed. I hope it's retroactive. I hope the blindfire/hipfire "change" is just another nerf. I'm thrilled with the first nerf, but if a full team is still doing the "run around in circles while holding R2" routine, it's still quite effective.

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
Do that's the easiest one. Only takes me 3 games to get this baby out. It's too easy.
The challenge can fuck off. Mines are the worst addition to this MP and I refuse to be a part of the problem. I will always replace it.

Grinchy

Banned
I hope the next patch allows us to replace the long gun with more mines. The pistol should be replaceable too. And the booster slots. Just let me run around with 18 mines.

DaciaJC

Gold Member
I hope the next patch allows us to replace the long gun with more mines. The pistol should be replaceable too. And the booster slots. Just let me run around with 18 mines.

You should be able to modify mines, too. Like +1 LP for +50 percent AoE, +2 LP for -60 percent detonation time, and so forth. I think that would really allow the gameplay to evolve.

Grinchy

Banned
I hope they address the issue where you're hanging on a ledge and you can't get up on top of the surface because the camera isn't pointing in the direction of your intended movement. That is so frustrating.

I hope they address the issue where you're hanging on a ledge and you can't get up on top of the surface because the camera isn't pointing in the direction of your intended movement. That is so frustrating.

In my experience it works if you let go of the left stick and just press x.

Mines are fine. Not the games fault you dont use rxplosive awarness 3

No perk should be essential, but I agree mines are fine, you can spot them without explosive awareness 3, and generally speaking I find mines to be quite rarely used.

Either way, much less useful than a grenade or even medpack, even if mines do net you the occasional kill.

What do people use to post images?

Every time I want to post a picture from the game, it's freaking huge. And I feel it'll just be obnoxious, taking up everyone's screen.

What do people use to post images?

Every time I want to post a picture from the game, it's freaking huge. And I feel it'll just be obnoxious, taking up everyone's screen.

The forum automatically resizes images to a sensible size allowing you to click it for the full image.

Alternatively, just put the image in a quote box

Top Bottom