• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Uncharted 4: A Thief's End Multiplayer |OT| Swinging To Victory

The forum automatically resizes images to a sensible size allowing you to click it for the full image.

Alternatively, just put the image in a quote box

Just quote the picture and it'll shrink it
Oh, thanks.

I hadn't played much U4 the past few weeks, then, this morning, I had an itch. So I jumped on and played with randoms since no one was on.

Couldn't win a game to save my life. Lost a lot of close games, 40-39. It was a rough two-three hours. No one revives. Ever. How sad.

Then:

6VSRg02.jpg

Edit: I was just so happy to have finally won.

I think I'll stick with playing with Gaf and Friends.

Oh, thanks.

I hadn't played much U4 the past few weeks, then, this morning, I had an itch. So I jumped on and played with randoms since no one was on.

Couldn't win a game to save my life. Lost a lot of close games, 40-39. It was a rough two-three hours. No one revives. Ever. How sad.

Then:

Edit: I was just so happy to have finally won.

I think I'll stick with playing with Gaf and Friends.

Just message me and we'll play :) I don't play often either but if someone invites me I'll hop on.

Just experienced this.

Whenever I revived someone with triangle it was instant, just like a Cintamanni revive and with the sound but I never used it and everyone was experiencing it. People went up to revive somebody and bam they got up instantly.

SSReborn

I think I remember someone saying Uncharted TV updated but for me its still playing the same trailer since launch, is this the case for anyone else?

I think I remember someone saying Uncharted TV updated but for me its still playing the same trailer since launch, is this the case for anyone else?

It has been updated, but they took the videos back down. I want to say it was because of complaints about how the streaming of the videos is messing with matchmaking, but i'm not sure whether that was the actual reason.

SSReborn

It has been updated, but they took the videos back down. I want to say it was because of complaints about how the streaming of the videos is messing with matchmaking, but i'm not sure whether that was the actual reason.

Ahh okay. Guess i just didn't play in the space of time that this happened.

SSReborn

That AMA thing that was posted a little arlier was cool btw kinda weird that they never really put any real time into elimination until now. Would've assumed it was given do to uc2/3 elimination and tlou but meh w.e

Really hope they fix the cover thing though that should be a given.

Bunta

Fujiwara Tofu Shop
Hunters can fuck right off. Takes too many triangle presses to get rid of them.

Screw tapping triangle, I changed it to hold instead. Takes the same amount of time, but at least I don't have to smash the button over and over.

I recently got back into the multiplayer of uc4 after I quit for a few days when I was bumped down to platinum II. Now I'm back at platinum I about to reach diamond but I know some randoms will kill my luck. Either way, the ranking system is shitehouse.

Grinchy

Banned
Playing 10+ ranked games and getting nowhere despite being 1st or 2nd place every single time is frustrating. How come people play ranked when they don't even know about reviving yet?

ThisOne

Playing 10+ ranked games and getting nowhere despite being 1st or 2nd place every single time is frustrating. How come people play ranked when they don't even know about reviving yet?
Yeah, in the same boat. Is silver 1 the lowest level? I can't get to gold 3. I can never win 3 of 5 games.

No Love

Banned

Add me if you need an all-star teammate. I only use the Revivepak (no grenades necessary) and usually am #1 overall player as long as my team doesn't eat balls. If anyone wants to roll people on ranked, PM me your PSN. Gotta add the guy from the other page too.

I just started playing the Fortune Hunter app yesterday. Apart from paying for it with in-game currency, is there any way to use the keys faster? I know i can also buy 5000 credits with 10 of those red orbs. I've just finished the first set of puzzles and it already takes 8h for the next loot unlock, or over 2400 credits to skip to it. At this rate it'll take months to use up all the keyes. From what i've read setting the clock on your device forward doesn't work anymore, right? Any workarounds to get the stuff faster?

Gotta love matchmaking into games already in progress...
The amount of times I'm put into a game where the score is around 6-30 already(which I just leave straight away), yet when I'm in a game where it's 2 on 5 (and we're only losing 11-15) no new players pop in for 5 minutes...

Just please get team objective in at some point in the next few weeks and I don't care how long they take with anything else

It's going to be new maps:

The orphanage

Chapter 16 house

And since those were places the drake brothers were as kids (or in the orhapnage's case, are places with kids in them), these levels can only be played with the new characters skins:

child versions of every character

since they can't have children shooting one another, the only weapons available on those maps are the new weapon:

the toy pistol form chapter 4

Some exciting changes and features confirmed from developer Quentin Cobb for the upcoming patch.

Blindfire will receive another change.
The Pistole Reload Mod will be modified.
Leaderboards will be fixed.
A lot of changes are coming to Ranked TDM.

Other things mentioned:
Classic mode is way too difficult to implement and will probably not happen.
Matchmaking tries to match solo players vs. solo players and parties vs. parties.
A lot of DLC is coming. (Boosters, Mysticals, Maps, Game Modes etc...)
Blue and Red colors for skins aren't available because of the confusion it causes with enemy and ally recognition.

Source

Classic is way too difficult to implement? jlawyeahOK.gif

And fucking LOL at the you're-too-stupid-to-tell-the-difference-between-friend/foe-if-they're-not-color-coded bullshit. I remember all those hours wasted in U2 shooting that chick in the red shirt, "WHY ISN"T THIS ENEMY DYING SHE IS CLEARLY AN ENEMY BECAUSE SHE IS WEARING RED THIS GAME IS TERRIBLE!!!"

No perk should be essential, but I agree mines are fine, you can spot them without explosive awareness 3, and generally speaking I find mines to be quite rarely used.

Either way, much less useful than a grenade or even medpack, even if mines do net you the occasional kill.

Mines are less useful? Let us count the ways...

Grenades:
+ You can throw them far.

- You're only allowed to throw one every 45 seconds or so at minimum because reasons.
- Blast radius of a mouse fart. I've literally thrown it under an unaware person in cover, and they can roll away and not even get stunned by the explosion.
- Weak as fuck. If an enemy is caught in the blast, they'll most likely get knocked down and stand back up almost instantly.
- Costs most LP.
-/+ ACTIVE gear. You must do everything to make it effective.

Medpack:
+ They heal teammates.
+ Costs least LP.

- They heal teammates slowly so they will likely die before being revived unless they were downed by something that wasn't a player but some sort of self-detonating device...
- You can't carry any offensive gear now.

Mines:
+ They recharge at the same rate (even faster?) as the Grenade.
+ Massive blast radius that often ignores cover/walls. I have been downed by mines that are 15ft away and injured by ones 20ft+ away.
+ You can place 2 anywhere and place another as soon as one is destroyed.
+ When a Mine of yours is destroyed, you now know where an enemy is even if they didn't get downed/marked/show on radar. The explosion gives away their position.
+ Persists after death.
+ Can shut down avenues of travel completely or halt advancement while alerting the placer.
+ Camper's best friend. Why should they learn to watch their flanks when the game does it for them?
+ Costs less LP than Grenades.
+ PASSIVE gear. Shit one (or TWO) out and forget about them until *$50 MINE BONUS* pops up 2min later, "heh, oh yeah..."

- You can't throw them far.

Mines are the antithesis to everything that defined Uncharted multiplayer : movement, mobility, traversal. They have no place in this series. They grind the game to a crawl and exist solely to cater to campers that get pissy when someone out-thinks, out-plays, and out-maneuvers them for the kill.

They have no place in this series. Funny how the single-player equivalent to mines (mummy bombs) is the most hated part in the game and tanks the pacing, huh?

Grinchy

Banned
I'm really hoping blindifre and hipfire get another massive nerf. When it says, "another change" I assume it means another one of the same changes from before, which was a nerf.

I don't know what the autofire people will do if it's another nerf.

ThisOne

Glad to see changes to Ranked death match. Blindfire to me seems fine at this point. I mean, they can nerf it to a point where it's just completely worthless and might as well not even be in the game.

Anyone else able to see the outlines of mines without the booster on? I think it might be glitched. I'm not using explosive awareness but can still frequently see the outlines of mines.

Rajang

Glad to see changes to Ranked death match. Blindfire to me seems fine at this point. I mean, they can nerf it to a point where it's just completely worthless and might as well not even be in the game.

Anyone else able to see the outlines of mines without the booster on? I think it might be glitched. I'm not using explosive awareness but can still frequently see the outlines of mines.

Yep.

Christos

And fucking LOL at the you're-too-stupid-to-tell-the-difference-between-friend/foe-if-they're-not-color-coded bullshit. I remember all those hours wasted in U2 shooting that chick in the red shirt, "WHY ISN"T THIS ENEMY DYING SHE IS CLEARLY AN ENEMY BECAUSE SHE IS WEARING RED THIS GAME IS TERRIBLE!!!"

He said that they did actual tests that showed blue and red actually caused confusion.

He said that they did actual tests that showed blue and red actually caused confusion.

Yeah, I was able to read the thread just now.

I still don't understand how that happens. The enemy, regardless of color:

1. Is shooting at you.
2. Does NOT have a blue/green name above their head at all times.
3. DOES have a red name above their head.
4. Is not outlined in blue/green.
5. Is wearing a stupid Nazi armband.
6. IS FUCKING SHOOTING AT YOU! :p

Who do they get for these tests? Random people off the street that have never touched a video game in their lives?

Just shows me that's another thing the bots ruined. I have never seen someone not shooting at an ACTUAL player, or shooting at a teammate in confusion. I HAVE seen players shooting at friendly bots though -- hell, I've done it a few times -- because your team's bots don't have green/blue names above their heads.

----

And after reading that thread, glad to see he actually explained why the Classic Mode would be too difficult, but I don't think anybody (not even me) was expecting everything exactly like U2.

Just give us a mode with:

- No downs.
- No bots.
- No magic.
- No Mines/Smoke
- No spawn waves.
- Heavy Weapons cost their max amount at all times.

I don't think that's too difficult, considering you can do some of that stuff already in custom games.

ThisOne

Just give us a mode with:

- No downs.
- No bots.
- No magic.
- No Mines/Smoke
- No spawn waves.
- Heavy Weapons cost their max amount at all times.

I don't think that's too difficult, considering you can do some of that stuff already in custom games.

I agree with you but didn't they have a mode like this in UC3 that was basically a ghost town after a few days?

Drencrom

I agree with you but didn't they have a mode like this in UC3 that was basically a ghost town after a few days?

Didn't they add it like a year or two later when the MP was basically dying out anyway?

Also there's like 3 game modes in UC4 MP so I wouldn't worry about the game spreading out the community too thin between playlists.

Christos

Okay I love being a medic in MP Games but RevivePaks SUCK. I've been trying to make them work but they don't click with me. Helping Hand Level 3 anyday over it.

No Love

Banned

Mines are less useful? Let us count the ways...

Grenades:

- You're only allowed to throw one every 45 seconds or so at minimum because reasons.
- Blast radius of a mouse fart. I've literally thrown it under an unaware person in cover, and they can roll away and not even get stunned by the explosion.
- Weak as fuck. If an enemy is caught in the blast, they'll most likely get knocked down and stand back up almost instantly.
- Costs most LP.

Medpack:
+ They heal teammates.
+ Costs least LP.

- They heal teammates slowly so they will likely die before being revived unless they were downed by something that wasn't a player but some sort of self-detonating device...
- You can't carry any offensive gear now.

Mines:
+ They recharge at the same rate (even faster?) as the Grenade.
+ Massive blast radius that often ignores cover/walls. I have been downed by mines that are 15ft away and injured by ones 20ft+ away.
+ You can place 2 anywhere and place another as soon as one is destroyed.
+ When a Mine of yours is destroyed, you now know where an enemy is even if they didn't get downed/marked/show on radar. The explosion gives away their position.
+ Persists after death.
+ Can shut down avenues of travel completely or halt advancement while alerting the placer.
+ Camper's best friend. Why should they learn to watch their flanks when the game does it for them?
+ Costs less LP than Grenades.
+ PASSIVE gear. Shit one (or TWO) out and forget about them until *$50 MINE BONUS* pops up 2min later, "heh, oh yeah..."

- You can't throw them far.

Mines are the antithesis to everything that defined Uncharted multiplayer : movement, mobility, traversal. They have no place in this series. They grind the game to a crawl and exist solely to cater to campers that get pissy when someone out-thinks, out-plays, and out-maneuvers them for the kill.

They have no place in this series. Funny how the single-player equivalent to mines (mummy bombs) is the most hated part in the game and tanks the pacing, huh?

100% agree. I can wreck almost anyone in a gun fight but have to waste LP to counter their no skill horseshit mines they throw EVERYWHERE.

No Love

Banned
Staff or explosion awareness is easy counter to mines

Or watch where you are going

Why should anyone have to waste LP that could be used on far more useful things just to counter the bullshit no skill camper mines? The whole point of Uncharted MP is that the dynamic movement and vertical levels discourage camping and reward agile, skillful, tactical movement and combat.

Raxus

If explosive awareness was slightly better I'd run it on nearly all my builds. I don't know why it doesn't have a gear reduction timer on the max level.

Hell, it'd encourage people to use the far superior grenades more.

Why should anyone have to waste LP that could be used on far more useful things just to counter the bullshit no skill camper mines? The whole point of Uncharted MP is that the dynamic movement and vertical levels discourage camping and reward agile, skillful, tactical movement and combat.

Just saying there are counter measures in place. It was annoying for me at first but I've become impartial to them. Just like any other MP game with mines, it forces you to watch the corners and play more tacticaI. I've never used explosive awareness because it IS a waste of LP.
I just always keep an eye out for the red glow. I also have a scout loadout I switch to if mines become a problem. Staff or Support buddy work for me. if I'm downed by a random mine, support is good to have.

Top Bottom