• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Uncharted 4: A Thief's End Multiplayer |OT| Swinging To Victory

I had over 10,000 relics, so I spent all of them because I wouldn't be able to gain anymore since there's a limit now.
Then I realized I don't like any of the new vanity items besides the mysticals, which you can't buy. So I got nothing I wanted.
Then I lost all 3 of the matches I had and never played the new map.

I'm going back to Overwatch.

Goreomedy

Console Market Analyst
Anyone seen the new map yet? Hasn't popped up for me.
Not once. Wee!

And guess what? Ranked team death match is broken. I finished either as first or second highest scorer on my team for the qualifying matches. And I was then placed in the lowest tier, apprentice, after.

It's supposed to place you between Bronze 3 and Silver 3 to start...

And it says there are 212,767,898 days left to the season. lol

It's so buggy right now. I wish I had just played Rocket League today.

Creaking

He touched the black heart of a mod
I earned a vanity chest, went to the store to receive it. Only gave me the option to buy one, then put me into an endless loading cycle. :)

Edit: disconnected from the Internet and signed back in. Now all of my currency just says "connecting..." and the store icons won't load. My characters are locked too.

Goreomedy

Console Market Analyst
Btw, performance is the worst I've ever seen it. Especially sidekicks, warping all over. I'll chalk it up to a small player pool for now.

ThisOne

Btw, performance is the worst I've ever seen it. Especially sidekicks, warping all over. I'll chalk it up to a small player pool for now.

Yep, lots of connectivity and lag issues right now. I'm done playing until tonight or tomorrow. Hopefully it's sorted out then.

Anyone seen the new map yet? Hasn't popped up for me.

I've seen it once. It seems alright, but it's another jungle map with water again.

Either I've gone terrible at this game suddenly, everyone else has gotten way better, or there's something wrong server side. Because I'm doing terrible tonight.

Where my relics and coins should be it just says connecting. I have lost ally customisation unlocks, and I can't play any matches, get kicked just before match starts.

Liamario

Banned
Currently unable to earn currency. Got 400 for my rank (didn't receive it), got another 50 for ranking up(nothing). Servers must be getting pummelled (I hope)

ThisOne

Uh... so how does forfeit work again? My team voted to forfeit and I still lost ranking points.

Pretty sure it just counts the game as a loss. So you'll still lose points. It's a time-saving measure if you know you're in a game you'll lose anyway. If you were to just quit out (and not forfeit), I think you lose three times as many points as a regular loss.

Currently unable to earn currency. Got 400 for my rank (didn't receive it), got another 50 for ranking up(nothing). Servers must be getting pummelled (I hope)
Thank god they're not using dedicated servers, otherwise the whole thing would be down due to immense traffic.

New outfits are less interesting than I hoped for. The pirate stuff is cool, but the prison and military themes are boring visually, aside from the over the top shank protection on Lazarovic and Knot. I hope future skins are a bit more unique per character rather than themed drops.

Aside from that the game can't connect to the server so I can't really judge anything else. Fix please, guerrilla

Majek

First i wait 3 hours for it to properly download and now i'm seeing what plenty of others are. Connecting on relics, store down ( though ND acknowledged that i see), locked every hero that i don't have selected in my loadouts.

Maybe i really should go to bed and try it again in the morning, when they'll hopefully fix everything.

edit: and finally i can turn off the crap uncharted tv. yaay

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
I agree with the new DLC skins. They're really disappointing IMO. I hope future skins aren't just color swaps of existing skins we already have. The pirate stuff is meh, and the jail outfits aren't doing anything for me.

One advice I'll give to people who have saved relics....

Don't waste your relics on vanity DLC chests or premium chests. Use them on the gameplay DLC chests that contain the new weapons, boosters, mystical.

BTW, one of the ND devs posted on their forums that they're fixing the store stuff and advised everyone not to buy anything during this time.

First match after work and I'm playing against someone that is level 70. lol.

Yeah, no you aren't. You can't see enemies' ranks, and also it's not possible to achieve that rank in the three hours that the DLC has been live, especially with the current server issues for the last hour. Definitely a glitch.

Does the level start at 1 for everyone or does it start from wherever you would have been if levels had been in all along?

Starts at 1 for everyone.

SSReborn

I dunno what's up but it feels as if people are spamming mines a lot more since the update. Maybe it was always the case, because I know lots complained about it all the time. But this is the first time I've come across people just throwing them everywhere.

Also it seemed like a lot of the time I was running around without coming into contact with any enemies, again don't know if this was just a weird set of matches I had or due to the spawn changes.

TripOpt55

Kind of a mess right now. I was pretty frustrated playing right now. Went to do the trial for the new mystical so I could switch my challenge, but it gave me 5 relics instead of 50. Performance is weird. My characters are sporadically locked. And leaderboards now show me at 0 points per minute? That isn't fixed at all! It was already way off due to it saying I played longer than I did, but now its worse somehow.

Pretty bummed that my loadout was basically torn apart with this update too. I get the need for balance changes, but I guess I just happened to be using a lot of the stuff that was targeted. The slowdown mod on Indra I get. I also use Mark on Damage 3, so that was an extra loadout point added too. And then they seemed to change the second upgrade for grenades with the third? I usually just did the first two, so I could get the second grenade available. Now it changes the whole flow for how I pay for stuff in match. Oh well. Going to have to make some adjustments, but after making my loadout over the course of a couple of months, I'm kind of bummed.

Was about to get loaded into the new map when it kicked me into matchmaking! I did try it on custom game solo, just to see what it looked like. Seems alright. Kind of wish they had gone with something more visually distinct (this feels similar to some other maps), but I like the waterways.

Oh well. I was really excited for the update! Not a great first impression! I'm going to try again later and hopefully have a better time with it. (Edit: This sounds super angry, but I'm not. Hope they iron out these issues. Was just super excited to play with the update!).

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
I don't like that there's a 10k limit on relics now. It's dumb to have a set limit IMO. Makes no sense...

Creaking

This ranking system is horrible. It expects me to consistently carry teams of losers, or I get ranked down. I revive, I mark, I gift. Nothing works with these numbskulls. Why am I not paired with people of my own rank?? Why?

I dunno what's up but it feels as if people are spamming mines a lot more since the update. Maybe it was always the case, because I know lots complained about it all the time. But this is the first time I've come across people just throwing them everywhere.

Also it seemed like a lot of the time I was running around without coming into contact with any enemies, again don't know if this was just a weird set of matches I had or due to the spawn changes.

I've noticed that too, I mean it was bad before but seems even worse now.

benny_a

extra source of jiggaflops
This ranking system is horrible. It expects me to consistently carry teams of losers, or I get ranked down. I revive, I mark, I gift. Nothing works with these numbskulls. Why am I not paired with people of my own rank?? Why?
It's absolutely broken. It's a game where one can't solo carry while also not being able to solo Q is dumb.

Well, I got disconnected during a game and now it reads "Connecting..." for relics and points. All my cosmetic stuff is locked out (Characters and skins), basiocally saying I haven't unlocked anything. Over 1,000,000 points to unlock a skin!

Can't access the store, or change challenges.

Thanks ND!

Edit: I'm reminded of why waiting months after a game's release should be considered gospel.

Ok there were about 4 mines on the ground at once. 2 went off I survived and killed 1 guy, another went off and downs me I get revived then another went off :(

Creaking

It's absolutely broken. It's a game where one can't solo carry while also not being able to solo Q is dumb.

The worst part is that the enemy team is consistently amazing. Like perfect flanking to prevent me from getting KOs, well balanced sidekick use, grenade spam. Meanwhile, 6 out of 7 games, my team can't even fucking find the combat zone. I find myself getting pinned alone by four of the enemy team, and in the spectator camera, I see that four of my team can't even manage ONE person. They have no idea how to be offensive. Most of the time I can't even gift anyone because no one is using their gear.

Honestly, I just had the most frustrating stream of matches I've ever had in an online game. Started at Silver III ended at Bronze I. Get this, the one game where we did win, I got 24 points, leaving me at 49/50 for the Silver III qualifiers.

dogs-reservoir-dogs-35202569-500-202.gif

The worst part is that the enemy team is consistently amazing. Like perfect flanking to prevent me from getting KOs, well balanced sidekick use, grenade spam. Meanwhile, 6 out of 7 games, my team can't even fucking find the combat zone. I find myself getting pinned alone by four of the enemy team, and in the spectator camera, I see that four of my team can't even manage ONE person. They have no idea how to be offensive. Most of the time I can't even gift anyone because no one is using their gear.

Honestly, I just had the most frustrating stream of matches I've ever had in an online game. Started at Silver III ended at Bronze I. Get this, the one game where we did win, I got 24 points, leaving me at 49/50 for the Silver III qualifiers.

dogs-reservoir-dogs-35202569-500-202.gif

I've not touched ranked yet (thankfully it seems), but standard TDM isn't fairing much better when it comes to teammates. I'd like to think it's just a whole bunch of new players, because no one is trying to revive people, and they're getting downs and then waltzing off without actually killing them. They're also shooting constantly without silencers; like the second the match starts I'm getting deafened by the sound of my team shooting into the sky.

I'm not fantastic at the multiplayer by any stretch of the imagination, but I generally go around 10-15 Downs/KOs to 4-8 Deaths. Tonight I've been going like 7 Downs/KOs to 9 Deaths.

I was kinda looking forward to getting back into the multiplayer, as I've not played since they had the weekend where you had a bonus to the amount of relics earned, but the performance issues tonight, coupled with being paired with absolutely useless teammates and the whole multiplayer component of the Triple Pack DLC effectively being a complete waste has soured me on it.

Top Bottom