• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Uncharted 4: A Thief's End Multiplayer |OT| Swinging To Victory

Well, I see that patch has many (server?) issues, not even trying to play right now... Just wanted to see the new skins and weapons, the shop is always loading and I can't even know how many relics I have. C'mon N' D', I want to play! =(

Ame

Earning relics, but it's not counting to my total. Tried swapping out some challenges and got a server error, but the game spent my relics anyway.

LeJBFo8.gif

Revven

The servers are overloaded, don't bother playing if you wanted to unlock anything today lol. Wait until they say it's fixed. Probably won't need a patch to address it as it's clearly related to the amount of traffic there is today.

And also, like clockwork (and as expected) people who wanted a level progression system still aren't satisfied simply because their level isn't public to everyone. Not surprised one bit. I hope ND doesn't listen to them, though.

I've made a community on the PS4 for likeminded players looking for a regular group to play ranked with.

5Pew6gd.png

If you want to join let me know as its request only. I'm trying to keep this strictly for people who have an interest in ranked play that can group together regularly. That way, by keeping the group relatively small and focused on ranked play we can all get to know each other, and co-ordinate more effectively.

I didn't give the group a neogaf name because some of the people that play with us are not from neogaf. If I recall correctly Txcy and Nathan Drake are from Reddit, and I didn't want that to dissuade them from joining.

The group doesn't have any skill requirements but I do recommend that you are confident in your own abilities and are the type of person that's always looking to improve. It's not fun to play with someone that always blames our losses on external factors, or gives up etc. That's why I wanted this separate from the regular neogaf community, because I get that not everyone cares about ranked, and not everyone uses a mic, and not everyone wants to co-operate, etc.

There will also be a group chat for the community, so that we can easily group together and invite each other. Other gaf and reddit communities have taken to using large group chats as it's easier to send invitations out that way, and you can also see everyone who's online.

N.Domixis

Banned
I don't like that there's a 10k limit on relics now. It's dumb to have a set limit IMO. Makes no sense...

They did it so that you can't hoard tens of thousands of relics in between the time the DLC takes to arrive. Otherwise you would be able to buy everything day 1 with no need for using real money. Sucks but they have to do it since maps are free.

Revven

Wait. I just did the Path of Indra challenge on Crushing and didn't get the relics.

It's only 150 so... meh.

Servers are fucked that's why. Don't play anything until they're resolved.

The prices of the DLC are bullshit, both in Relics and in ND points.

Another way UC4 is inferior to UC2/3.

If you have all the base game stuff unlocked you can continue using the regular vanity chests at 150 relics. For example, earlier (before the servers went nutty) I got a vanity chest from leveling up and it gave me almost all the flag hats.

'Course that could just be because it was a level up chest and maybe those are different but it didn't say "DLC Vanity Chest" so it had to have been a regular one. And I can't imagine they will change the above because then leveling up for people who have all the base content would mean vanity chests from leveling up would be pointless as a reward.

Also I should note that the game does let you use your relics on a regular vanity chest whereas before when I had it completed it wouldn't let me.

I'm pretty positive the only reason the DLC Vanity Chest exists is for those people who have not completed the base game vanity items and want the DLC ones instead for whatever reason and it's 2000 relics because it's an equivalent grind for if you try to get all the base game content with the regular vanity chests.

But maybe I'm wrong lol. All I know is the regular vanity chests are able to be used currently even though I have all the base content now and one of the chests I opened from leveling up gave me most of the flag hats -- which are considered DLC vanity items.

Reule

If you have all the base game stuff unlocked you can continue using the regular vanity chests at 150 relics. For example, earlier (before the servers went nutty) I got a vanity chest from leveling up and it gave me almost all the flag hats.

'Course that could just be because it was a level up chest and maybe those are different but it didn't say "DLC Vanity Chest" so it had to have been a regular one. And I can't imagine they will change the above because then leveling up for people who have all the base content would mean vanity chests from leveling up would be pointless as a reward.

Also I should note that the game does let you use your relics on a regular vanity chest whereas before when I had it completed it wouldn't let me.

I'm pretty positive the only reason the DLC Vanity Chest exists is for those people who have not completed the base game vanity items and want the DLC ones instead for whatever reason and it's 2000 relics because it's an equivalent grind for if you try to get all the base game content with the regular vanity chests.

But maybe I'm wrong lol. All I know is the regular vanity chests are able to be used currently even though I have all the base content now and one of the chests I opened from leveling up gave me most of the flag hats -- which are considered DLC vanity items.
Hmm, hope you're right. I'd love to know if this is the case. I was looking forward to opening a bunch rather than just four.

Wish there weren't problems. I want to play with new skins.

This is true for skins/taunts/clothing items, but the new weapons, Mystical, and boosters can only be unlocked with the DLC chests. That's what people are upset about (or at least me).

Creaking

He touched the black heart of a mod

Flag hats are counted as base game vanity items, found in the 150 relic chests. Most other new things are DLC vanity items, found in 2000 relic DLC vanity chests. Some things, like pirate skins, are "premium" DLC vanity items found in 3000 relic vanity chests.

I really hope they start giving you more than one skin at a time. I can't imagine how bad it's going to feel to spend 3000 relics and just get a lousy preset.

edit: or maybe I'm wrong. That's the impression I got from the locked item descriptions. I spent all my relics on DLC gameplay chests, haven't opened any regular vanity chests yet.

double edit: Nope, I'm right. Got all the flag hats and the regular vanity chest returned to "completed". Also, the chest opening for reward chests is extremely broken right now.

Rated-G

Hmm, hope you're right. I'd love to know if this is the case. I was looking forward to opening a bunch rather than just four.

Wish there weren't problems. I want to play with new skins.

Looks like only the flag hats are in the 150 relic vanity chests. After I got all of those the 150 relic chest became unavailable, as the rest of the items I can get come from the DLC vanity chests.

I really hope all the noisy players in the Uncharted forums don't make ND change the rank visibility, but given the way their complaints were heard for 2 and 3 multiplayer...

Really don't know why no option to disable join a match in progress, I'm just gonna quit from it, wastes my time, wastes time of the players in the game.

ron_bato

Do the new boosters, weapons, and mysticals unlock in the same way as other items in the game (through progression) or are they just available via chests and through ND points?

Revven

Flag hats are counted as base game vanity items, found in the 150 relic chests. Most other new things are DLC vanity items, found in 2000 relic DLC vanity chests. Some things, like pirate skins, are "premium" DLC vanity items found in 3000 relic vanity chests.

I really hope they start giving you more than one skin at a time. I can't imagine how bad it's going to feel to spend 3000 relics and just get a lousy preset.

edit: or maybe I'm wrong. That's the impression I got from the locked item descriptions. I spent all my relics on DLC gameplay chests, haven't opened any regular vanity chests yet.

double edit: Nope, I'm right. Got all the flag hats and the regular vanity chest returned to "completed". Also, the chest opening for reward chests is extremely broken right now.

Blah, thought I had a workaround. Oh well. But that's what I get for not being able to try since the servers are fucked right now anyway. :p

Do the new boosters, weapons, and mysticals unlock in the same way as other items in the game (through progression) or are they just available via chests and through ND points?

They are unlocked the same way as before. Get relics, use the relics on chests or buy Uncharted Points and use those to get them.

ron_bato

Blah, thought I had a workaround. Oh well. But that's what I get for not being able to try since the servers are fucked right now anyway. :p

They are unlocked the same way as before. Get relics, use the relics on chests or buy Uncharted Points and use those to get them.

Thanks for the answer, and yup, I figured that was the way it would primarily be unlocked based on the stream.

not the same way. guns in main game are unlocked by getting kills with that weapon type.

Thanks, this is what I meant.

So it looks like I'm going to have to grind for those relics. And with relics being so expensive, looks like it's going to take a while to get all those gameplay DLC items.

Bunta

Fujiwara Tofu Shop
The teleporting mystical is dope as hell. I got enough to buy one chest and got both of the new pistols, lolz.

I got the "Explorer pack" today since the triple pack was removed yesterday. but the coins havent shown up in game, i still only have the 600 from pre-order bonus. Is this a known issue or just me?

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
FFS I'm getting so fucking tired of the slow motion mod in indra's eternity. They did nothing to fix this broken shit.

FFS I'm getting so fucking tired of the slow motion mod in indra's eternity. They did nothing to fix this broken shit.

Seriously. That's one of the worst, no THE worst mods in the game.

I'm seriously annoyed at some of these stupid additions.

The mysticals/sidekicks are stupid. They should've just been pickup items if anything.

Creaking

He touched the black heart of a mod
I've got the arrowhead and the heavy pistol. Don't really like either all too much. Arrowhead seems like a slow copperhead with more recoil and a bigger clip (and a third person view option). The pistol feels really slow and inaccurate. Reminds me of pre-buff revolver but with a bigger clip and faster reload, and maybe a slightly faster fire-rate.

Hey! Are you talking about me!?

Of course not. I never blame losses on randoms or give up after a wipe. :p

Nah I wasn't :p, though I don't mean when we blame our team mates. When they're 0-12 and we lose, it is their fault, and there's an objectively accurate metric in place to demonstrate that. I just mean people that place responsibility on lag or balance etc. It's not a useful attitude and while I don't mind it in unranked it gets in the way of what you're trying to achieve in ranked.

I haven't seen that so much on UC4, but quite often on games like Destiny. When I ask people to join me on Trials of Osiris, it's not an invitation to spend two hours on a play by play break down of the issues regarding the games design. Haha.

Oh, okay. So you can't really buy an option that gives you the extra multiplayer weapons in a package now?

You're better off without it. The issue with the previous pack is that if you do buy any of the best-value bundle packs then you end up having wasted money on the triple pack.

I bought the booster, weapons and mystical pack, and therefore I basically bought the content in the triple pack two times over. If they had the explorers pack from the outset, I would have not have wasted anything, as I could have used those Uncharted coins on the new content packs.

The triple pack is literally a waste of money. It gives you a miniscule amount of items per bundle and because it overlaps with the best-value gameplay bundles, it's very difficult to see the value in the triple pack.

Wozzly

special needs, sexual needs
Anyone getting error CE-34878-0? What does it even mean?

It happened just now and 3 times total since the update.

It's an application crash error code. It happened to me right when I completed a challenge and I never got those relics upond restarting the game. Oh well.

Top Bottom