• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Uncharted 4: A Thief's End Multiplayer |OT| Swinging To Victory

N.Domixis

Banned
So I don't have my ps4 right now and decided to see if people still played uncharted 2. Very few people still play it and they play exactly how I remembered it. I also found out how much i played uncharted 2. I racked up 98 thousand kills and ranked around 2000 in TDM!!! Holy shit!

madmackem

Wow so they've upped the grind for new stuff, and we thought the grind was real before lol. 10 relics for a win is just errrrrggggghhhh.

Creaking

He touched the black heart of a mod
Wow so they've upped the grind for new stuff, and we thought the grind was real before lol. 10 relics for a win is just errrrrggggghhhh.

You only need 200 wins for a dlc vanity box. What's the biggie?
/s

At least they're adding in the offline bonus, though we'll see how much difference that makes...

TripOpt55

Finally got to play the new map once after about two hours... haha. Love the little waterways. Had a couple pretty cool escapes with them. I also chased an enemy into a pool and ran to the other side and caught them as they were coming out! Map is definitely small, but I enjoyed it. I imagine none of us really knew the map though, so it was a bit random I imagine.

Still tweaking my loadout again. Some of the LP changes made my usual one impossible. The switch of grenade upgrades kind of threw off my normal economy flow too. We'll see how it goes.

Nothing, they just replaced the Triple Pack with a new option that gives you only the SP DLC and 3200 UC Points.

I got the "Explorer pack" today since the triple pack was removed yesterday. but the coins havent shown up in game, i still only have the 600 from pre-order bonus. Is this a known issue or just me?

The Triple Pack hasn't been removed in North America, and yes, it's a known issue.

Nah they fixed it, it always activates on time now.

Lol he's talking about how ridiculously OP the slowdown mod is.

So I don't have my ps4 right now and decided to see if people still played uncharted 2. Very few people still play it and they play exactly how I remembered it. I also found out how much i played uncharted 2. I racked up 98 thousand kills and ranked around 2000 in TDM!!! Holy shit!

I played a match for the first time in six years the day before Uncharted 4 came out. Went something like 7-15, which was a lot better than I was expecting since I didn't look at the controls or anything, I just went straight into Team Deathmatch. Surprisingly I found a game very quickly too; I figured it would be deader than Jim.

At least they're adding in the offline bonus, though we'll see how much difference that makes...

How is the offline bonus calculated?

Creaking

How is the offline bonus calculated?

I don't know yet, it hasn't kicked in for me. It's supposed to generate a pool of relics while you aren't playing the game, and then give you relics from that pool after a match. On the stream,they got like 100 relics from it, but who knows how much they had saved up. I didn't watch the whole stream though, so I don't know if it was elaborated upon.

Foxxsoxx

I don't know yet, it hasn't kicked in for me. It's supposed to generate a pool of relics while you aren't playing the game, and then give you relics from that pool after a match. On the stream,they got like 100 relics from it, but who knows how much they had saved up. I didn't watch the whole stream though, so I don't know if it was elaborated upon.

I really don't understand why they don't simply increase relics per match.

25 for a win, 10 for a loss. That is still an immense grind but it at least gives more incentive to play more matches after you finish your challenges.

man im having a nightmare on Ranked TDM and being stuck with the worst team mates in placement. im gong to end up in bronze or silver. why am i always on the team with someone who goes 2 downs and gets killed 12 times. all 3 placement matched at least 2 members of my team didnt score over 800 points.

Foxxsoxx

man im having a nightmare on Ranked TDM and being stuck with the worst team mates in placement. im gong to end up in bronze or silver. why am i always on the team with someone who goes 2 downs and gets killed 12 times. all 3 placement matched at least 2 members of my team didnt score over 800 points.

I'm pretty sure most players in Ranked are at least with a few buddies but yeah, going in solo is pretty much a death sentence considering everyone seems to be braindead.

I'm pretty sure most players in Ranked are at least with a few buddies but yeah, going in solo is pretty much a death sentence considering everyone seems to be braindead.

ended up being thrown into bronze. the final placement match my team had a 20-6 lead and then blew it lost 31-40 the bottom 2 on my team didnt ever get 500 points.

I wish i had friends who played this. most of them didnt like it and went to doom or overwatch

Creaking

I had one game today where myself and some randoms actually played well enough to best a preformed group of players with mics. We started out losing and only pulled ahead in the final moments. The grouped team was so taken aback, like they honestly couldn't believe that they had lost. Heard some talk about 'needing to practice more.'

Very refreshing match compared to what I usually get stuck with.

Foxxsoxx

ended up being thrown into bronze. the final placement match my team had a 20-6 lead and then blew it lost 31-40 the bottom 2 on my team didnt ever get 500 points.

I wish i had friends who played this. most of them didnt like it and went to doom or overwatch

I'd suggest checking some communities out, you can feel free to add me as well, I'm definitely above average. PSN is Fakehound. I'm likely never touching Ranked again once I hit Diamond or Master though, way too many sweaty teams litter that place.

I had one game today where myself and some randoms actually played well enough to best a preformed group of players with mic. We started out losing and only pulled ahead in the final moments. The grouped team was so taken aback, like they honestly couldn't believe that they had lost. Heard some talk about 'needing to practice more.'

Very refreshing match compared to what I usually get stuck with.

Yeah I've had solo Ranked matches where I went something along the lines of 23 downs/KOs with 19 assists and we lost something like 30/40. It blows my mind every time.

Liamario

Banned
Well, it appears any currency I was awarded is well and truly gone and it has put me into a foul mood. Combined with the shit players I seem to be getting teamed up with, I think I'll be taking a prolonged break from the game.

you should get relics along with the 4 ranked points for top performer. like +5 relics or something, but i dont know why they didnt change the winning relics to more then 10 since they introduced the 3000 and 2000 relic chests

Drencrom

The hell... 1430 Uncharted coins for the DLC weapon bundle?!

Fucking hell ND, the DLC chests are priced outrageously too.

In the stream they had the Armory Bundle #1 just cost 260 coins:

76VyXWn.jpg

Christos

original

They probably owned some of the items maybe that's why it was discounted.

76VyXWn.jpg

Hope they do a discounted bundles for 4th of july weekend, they did it for Labor day weekend.

Christos

Right that could be it

But the DLC weapons are still too expensive in buyable ND coins or in relic points for those DLC Gameplay chests...

I agree that they might be somewhat expensive but I think it's a good trade off for free DLC. We have to also consider the additional ways to earn relics in this patch (Leveling up, Wins, Offline Bonus etc...) that make grinding for the chests easier.

Foxxsoxx

I agree that they might be somewhat expensive but I think it's a good trade off for free DLC. We have to also consider the additional ways to earn relics in this patch (Leveling up, Wins, Offline Bonus etc...) that make grinding for the chests easier.

It is still ridiculously slow to unlock relics.

Say you get 350 relics a day and you do every single challenge a week.

2,450 relics per week. Which isn't even 1 DLC weapon/booster chest. So grinding by playing every day you can just unlock the weapons and boosters within 5 or 6 weeks...

I'll hold judgement until I see how the offline relics work, but I doubt they'll add much more to things. The sad part is I would be completely willing to pay for these considering the maps will be free, but the prices are absolutely crazy.

The Fortune Hunter Club for U3 gave 12 maps and every skin in the game for $25. They're asking a similar price just for 6 pirate skins? I understand they put more work into these skins, and they look great but the prices are way too steep for what is offered.

Christos

2,450 relics per week. Which isn't even 1 DLC weapon/booster chest. So grinding by playing every day you can just unlock the weapons and boosters within 5 or 6 weeks...

I'll hold judgement until I see how the offline relics work, but I doubt they'll add much more to things. The sad part is I would be completely willing to pay for these considering the maps will be free, but the prices are absolutely crazy.

The Fortune Hunter Club for U3 gave 12 maps and every skin in the game for $25. They're asking a similar price just for 6 pirate skins? I understand they put more work into these skins, and they look great but the prices are way too steep for what is offered.

I agree that the prices of the chests need to come down, but just enough that it hits that perfect balance.

Talking about both the prices of the chests and the prices that are required to unlock the items with UC Points.

Foxxsoxx

I agree that the prices of the chests need to come down, but just enough that it hits that perfect balance.

Talking about both the prices of the chests and the prices that are required to unlock the items with UC Points.

Even if they halved the prices of the UC point items, they're still expensive. But at least if they were like that I'd be able to purchase a few of the skins I really like without wanting to punch myself in the face too hard.

I really don't even mind the cost of the chests, it is more that you get so few points from actually playing matches which makes it a time based system, which is exactly what ND is going for obviously to entice microtransactions. This doesn't make me want to play the game more than 2 matches a day because you're penalized for continuing playing after your challenges. Yeah, leveling up gets you relics which is a great addition, but you can only level up so far and you don't receive many relics for it.

I wonder what it is about the code that has such a tough time with numbers.
Sometimes it shows max values when connection to the database servers is lost.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Signedness
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Integer_(computer_science)

~

Regarding grinding, the way I see it reminds me of private torrent trackers. You either contribute with your participation (upload bandwidth) or you contribute with money (donations) if you're impatient.
And to address the inevitable "I've already paid $60" argument, you have to remember that Uncharted 1 cost the same amount of money almost 1 decade ago and it didn't have any MP component, so you have to take into account inflation and the ever increasing costs of AAA development, not to mention the 7-8 month delay (writing a new script from scratch and doing new mo-cap isn't exactly free). If you don't like spending $60 (the equivalent of 4-6 hours of work in the US), then maybe you should wait 2-3 years for the inevitable F2P version.

ND doesn't mind giving you free relics, as long as you keep the player pool populated for a long time. Maybe I'm wrong, but that's my take on it.

ps: I don't see a lot of ratings in Uncharted Points on the PS store. I know not everyone rates PSN purchases*, but perhaps this is indicative that they're not selling that well and maybe that's why they increased the chest prices.

* Call of Duty®: Black Ops III - Awakening DLC (map pack) has over 100K ratings. Obviously it has sold more than that (not everyone is gonna leave a rating).

RS4-

Was fucking around for the calibration matches solo. Gold 3. Eh.

Even the one game where it was 3v5 the whole game probably wouldn't have made much a difference anyway.

They probably owned some of the items maybe that's why it was discounted.

Doesn't like that, price stays the same regardless if you own any of it.

Don't forget we're saving 35%!

The prices are a joke.

Uncharted 2 skins pack - £4 for 6 skins/characters.
Uncharted 3 - 79p per character.

Uncharted 4 - 300-700 ND points (£2.40 - £5.60) per skin unlock, or alternative spend weeks grinding praying to RNG god everytime buy a chest.

Holy shit at that price increase.

I'd rather just pay for maps and get rid of this F2P style crapfest. We're gonna end up with less content than UC2 or UC3 at the end of it anyway.

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
They need to up the relics you receive. The price increase for the DLC stuff is overpriced. You'll pay 3k relics and receive just ONE item? Total bullshit. You don't really get a lot of relics for leveling up either, so saving up 3k to open up chests is going to take forever. You only get one daily challenge too, which sucks. I dunno man, not liking this one bit.

Forgot, it's still 10 relics for winning a match. What a joke....

Bunta

Fujiwara Tofu Shop
They need to up the relics you receive. The price increase for the DLC stuff is overpriced. You'll pay 3k relics and receive just ONE item? Total bullshit. You don't really get a lot of relics for leveling up either, so saving up 3k to open up chests is going to take forever. You only get one daily challenge too, which sucks. I dunno man, not liking this one bit.

Yeah, the price increase is pretty ridiculous. I happened to get 2 pistols in one DLC chest but even that sucks in terms of return.

They could give 15 relics for wins and 5 relics for losses (as an incentive to reduce quits).

And yeah, I would prefer to have new challenges more often... some people play once every 3 days because of this.

Bunta

Fujiwara Tofu Shop
Just do what I do and use the preset loadout.

I'm waiting until I get my Triple Pack Content before doing anything else.
Yup, that's what I've been doing except for when I have a challenge to use something the preset doesn't have.

Mr Git

Eventually played for 3 hours last night and didn't see the new map.
Also leaderboards are definitely still borked.

Had a challenge for ranked matches but will probably never do them again. Teammates quit at the slightest showing that the opposing team are decent. Very frustrating.

Eventually played for 3 hours last night and didn't see the new map.
Also leaderboards are definitely still borked.

Had a challenge for ranked matches but will probably never do them again. Teammates quit at the slightest showing that the opposing team are decent. Very frustrating.

Yeah, I played for a bit last night but never saw the map.

Top Bottom