• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Uncharted 4: A Thief's End |OT| You're gonna miss this ass

The Lamp

The first one, she's a highly trained mercenary and also the leader of an army for hire, she wouldn't be able to command the respect of her men if she weren't a total badass.

The extent of Sam and Nates hand to hand combat knowledge is, "punch until they stop punching back."

And her biceps are fucking LEGENDARY omg

xviper

Now uncharted 4 MC score has dropped to 93 making MGS V and uncharted 4 the highest rated games of this gen, hopefully FFXV turns out as great as it looks and surpass both MGS V and uncharted 4

Just reached chapter 11. I guess it's halfway through the game?

Not sure where DF got their "rock solid" 30fps from. Game dips pretty regularly especially amidst explosions with lots of particles effects. It's not an issue by any means considering the fidelity but you can notice it, definitely not locked 30fps.

Yeah, especially in scenes with lots of people. Just watch/download a gameplay video then monitor the framerates on PC/laptop. It's not locked indeed, but I guess it's still quite consistent.

ZeroX03

Banned
Beat the game. Will write up some more detailed thoughts later, it was very good, but held back on things like pacing. Probably liked it less than U2 and U3 - need to replay them - but a lot of that is on my own personal sensibilities rather than quality.

TLoU > U3 > U2 > U4 >>> U1 >>>>>>>>>>>>> Superman 64 > Golden Abyss

Just finished the game today. I didn't really care for the wide-linear stuff outside the combat encounters, but this is still the best Uncharted game if just for the vast improvements made to combat and platforming.

I love the restraint shown with the lowish number of combat encounters. In most sequels that improve combat, developers start jamming way too much of it in to highlight the improvement over the previous entry and it gets repetitive. Not so here. Very well done.

Unfortunately, I can't say the same about the platforming. Way too much of it, and it's not nearly involved enough to make up such a large percentage of the game, even if it's way better than previous games. I think it needed two or three more additional things in line with what they added here. Essentially, I would have liked to have gotten that second thing way earlier and built from there instead of having that as the endpoint.

Edit: Oh yeah, turning the sensitivity down to zero made the aiming feel way better. Just passing that advice from other GAFers along as a thing to try if it's not clicking.

Almost done with the game. Really enjoying it, just wish there was a horde mode or something. I feel like Naughty Dog refined the combat and made the aiming and gameplay so smooth, its a shame there isnt a horde mode to just go ham and kill enemies with friends.

ZeroX03

Banned
Almost done with the game. Really enjoying it, just wish there was a horde mode or something. I feel like Naughty Dog refined the combat and made the aiming and gameplay so smooth, its a shame there isnt a horde mode to just go ham and kill enemies with friends.

Co-op's coming at least? If it's like Uncharted 3, it'll probably fun to that end.

xviper

this is how i rate naughtydog games so far

TLOU>UC4>UC3>UC2>UC1

everything in Uncharted 4 is perfect except the fact that 80% of the game you just climb,explore and chat with your partners which is pretty much useless, the action is way too low

The ending...I'm not crying fuck I'm not crying. I feel strangely empty inside...like that feeling when you finish the last book in a series you love. Goodbye you fun loving treasure hunters.

Slixshot

Banned

TLOU>UC4>UC3>UC2>UC1

everything in Uncharted 4 is perfect except the fact that 80% of the game you just climb,explore and chat with your partners which is pretty much useless, the action is way too low

Very close to my opinions as well.

TLOU=U4>UC3=UC2>UC:DF=UC:GA

All of which are from 10/10 to 9/10.

pnutboy

I enjoyed watching the E3 chase demo but holy shit that was an experience actually playing it. I think that might be my favorite Uncharted setpiece. The level of detail is absolutely fucking crazy.

leng jai

This is terrible. The dialog for the scene where
Elena pretends to be dead
completely cuts out even after restarting it and then I tried turning subtitles on and they won't even work.

Just got this in the mail today and have to say, it's fucking fantastic. Only on chapter 6 and have an event this weekend that will prevent me from binge playing.

Stealth in this game is even worse than TLoU when you have your two a.i. buddies running circles around the enemies in the open and nothing happening

Just finished it. Definitely the best Uncharted, though I don't think I like it quite as much as TLOU.

This is probably in my top 5 all time games now, though. Nearly perfect.

SaganIsGOAT

I just couldn't get the controls to suit my liking the entire game. I'm sure once I figure it out it'll help, but overall I wasn't a fan of the gunplay because of how wonky my aiming felt :/

Gbraga

What are you guys using for L3/R3/X? I can't get used to shoulder swap on X, but I'm not sure which option is better.

Is tagging disabled if I disabled all of the marker thingies? If so, I might put swap on L3 then.

Kinda bummed there was a timer to the
"start from the best part" decision. Ended up choosing El Dorado. Playing the Collection really made me appreciate Drake's Fortune a lot more, it's even better than I remember it. Very likely my favorite among the three now.

KadeYuy

I finished it earlier. It's good but I didn't like it as much as I thought I would.

The game feels dragged out in parts, the pacing is stop and go, and the villains don't get fleshed out to what they could be. The environments are beautiful. I wouldn't call it the best uncharted but I understand those who would.

I "literally" just finished the game and I'm watching the credits roll - I am fucking floored!!

This is the best game I've ever played and I'm not even joking! The gameplay, the graphics, the soundtrack, The acting, just - ... everything is absolutely perfect. I really, honestly feel like I just played an action/adventure movie; I was the star and I was experiencing it all firsthand ... I'm not even kidding around here people.

Kudos to everyone at Naughty Dog for creating this game and kudos to all the actors, as well as Henry Jackman for the "unbelievably fucking amazing soundtrack" that he composed for this magnum opus! (The fact that there's anyone out there that doesn't like this soundtrack, must not get to movies much, or even watch them at all). If they ever make a PS4K/PS4 Neo version of this game that's enhanced to whatever degree, I will definitely be purchasing it. If you haven't already bought this game, you're missing out on life - please go out right now if you can and by this fucking game!!

By the way, the final boss is absolutely amazing! If you don't feel the action/adventure movie vibes while you're experiencing it, then you need to get out more!!

BeforeU

Oft hope is born when all is forlorn.
Just finished. That Epilogue felt so forced. It was no doubt a good way to end the series. But come on, I was just rolling my eyes by the end. Could have been a lot better. Felt very disconnected to me for some reason.

Story actually was the weakest point.

Enjoyed everything else. Madagascar and last jungle levels are mind fucking blowing. Cut scenes are very well done too. Great job ND. Another master piece.

Ascenion

https://youtu.be/_SnJPTkrD7o

Is this supposed to be Sam?

Listening to this again I'm going to always wonder what Hennig's Uncharted 4 would've been, and how it would compare. I hope at some point she talks about her original story.

as well as Henry Jackman for the "unbelievably fucking amazing soundtrack" that he composed for this magnum opus! (The fact that there's anyone out there that doesn't like this soundtrack, must not get to movies much, or even watch them at all).

Or maybe we prefer more than standard film fare or Zimmerish scores. Every movie ever now almost sounds like this. It's gotten very old for me personally.

BeforeU

Oft hope is born when all is forlorn.

TLOU>UC4>UC3>UC2>UC1

UC2>TLOU>UC4>UC3>UC1

TLOU>UC4>UC3>UC2>UC1

I haven't started it yet but if that's the case- I'm super excited. I'd rather explore and climb than be Murderous Drake who kills 358 guys each chapter.

ZeroX03

Banned
as well as Henry Jackman for the "unbelievably fucking amazing soundtrack" that he composed for this magnum opus! (The fact that there's anyone out there that doesn't like this soundtrack, must not get to movies much, or even watch them at all).

There's plenty of people out there who don't dig Jackman's work and have seen plenty of his movies. I'm of the opinion that his best work is with Matthew Vaughn and the rest is forgettable.

Some nice energetic combat tracks in this game but nothing I'm humming afterward.

Listening to this again I'm going to always wonder what Hennig's Uncharted 4 would've been, and how it would compare. I hope at some point she talks about her original story.

Stashwick's Sam sounds chilling. Feels like a very different character trajectory, but they obviously kept the 15 years in prison element.

Top Bottom