• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Uncharted 4: A Thief's End |OT| You're gonna miss this ass

void666

Banned
This is why Nate doesn't have a long lost sister named Samantha!

AQzBxOu.jpg

Now finish the game! It's amazing!

Is she still voiced by troy baker?
Someone call naughty dog. We have an idea for the DLC!

Elena is fantastic in this game, love her character and her acting.

But the whole "Sam needs to be a female" thing is hilarious. Wow. If you don't get that there's a unique bond between brothers that this story is about, then you're really missing out.

And it's not like this game is anti-feminist at all. There are plenty of strong female characters in the game (again finish it before critiquing it). And there were multiple instances where I was pleasantly surprised at their ability to avoid tropes or subvert them.

She probably has access to his credit cards, emails and Find My Xperia app.
And on top of that,
let's not forget that she is a journalistic reporter by profession.

Just calling up Jameson or the office and asking for Nate would be enough to confirm that he's not there, and from there it's just a simple paper trail.

At worst, she tracks down Sully and by association, finds Nate.

She probably has access to his credit cards, emails and Find My Xperia app. She's a journalist. It's not magical for her to track people down, least of all her husband.

Still,
to know exactly where he was after falling? That was like my only gripe with the game. Felt a bit to convenient.

JTripper

On my 3rd playthrough and I'm still not tired of it. This game is great. I'm just starting Crushing and doing it
without the help of cheats but lord is it tempting to just select that Barok for every firefight.

The Lamp

Spoiler around Madagascar

How did Elena know where Nate was anyway? Is this ever explained or is it just silly magical handwaving

Edit: shit wrong chapter

she's really fucking smart. She found Nate after he abandoned her with no boat in U1. She knows how to track people down

Blackthorn

"hello?" "this is vagina"

But the whole "Sam needs to be a female" thing is hilarious. Wow. If you don't get that there's a unique bond between brothers that this story is about, then you're really missing out.

And it's not like this game is anti-feminist at all. There are plenty of strong female characters in the game (again finish it before critiquing it). And there were multiple instances where I was pleasantly surprised at their ability to avoid tropes or subvert them.
Yeah I was actually anticipating Elena being the one who's holding Nate back from what he wants to do in the usual, tired ball and chain wife trope, but I was relieved that she was actually encouraging him to do the Malaysia job and get back to doing what he loves.

Then (late game spoilers)
she's the one who puts in the work to find a way for both of them to continue adventuring legally and safely. They were both unhappy, and she found a solution, it's perfect.

On my 3rd playthrough and I'm still not tired of it. This game is great. I'm just starting Crushing and doing it without the help of cheats but lord is it tempting to just select that Barok for every firefight.

Wait till you get to that
island fight after you get split up from Sam. You start with no weapons and there is a surprising lack of good cover in that area.

I tried like 15 times and just gave up and activated bullet time, shit felt so unfair.

Vire

She probably has access to his credit cards, emails and Find My Xperia app. She's a journalist. It's not magical for her to track people down, least of all her husband.

Nate doesn't seem like
the more careful kinda guy when covering his traces so this is totally believable lol. I don't necessarily think it needs to be explained but a one off line about his credit cards wouldn't have hurt.

void666

Banned

Nadine is amazing. She has a big pair of
arms

Trouble

Banned
Spoiler around Madagascar

How did Elena know where Nate was anyway? Is this ever explained or is it just silly magical handwaving

I honestly was expecting that to be a
dream sequence showing Nate's regret and despair

J3ffro

I've played through the first 7 chapters, and I'm enamored with it. I liked the first three games, but besides the spectacle they didn't really grab me. The stories seemed convoluted and hard to follow, character interactions weren't great, and shooting was frustrating.

In 4 the story is very clear, and well done. Character interactions feel natural and normal. The shooting is better than its ever been, but I like that there have been chapters without any shooting at all.

Front runner for GoTY for me and I'm not even halfway through.

Apathy

Love Rafe as an antagonist. Even thought hes a rich, smug, asshole, there is still some likability to him. Warren Kole did a good job.

Also, i get a tiny bit of a Steve Buscemi vibe whenever hes on screen, don't know why. Might be just cause Steve, even as a villain, I can find likable.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
I've played through the first 7 chapters, and I'm enamored with it. I liked the first three games, but besides the spectacle they didn't really grab me. The stories seemed convoluted and hard to follow, character interactions weren't great, and shooting was frustrating.

In 4 the story is very clear, and well done. Character interactions feel natural and normal. The shooting is better than its ever been, but I like that there have been chapters without any shooting at all.

Front runner for GoTY for me and I'm not even halfway through.
It gets so much better from that point on.

JTripper

Wait till you get to that
island fight after you get split up from Sam. You start with no weapons and there is a surprising lack of good cover in that area.

I tried like 15 times and just gave up and activated bullet time, shit felt so unfair.

Yeah I'm not looking forward to
the final pirate ship battle in chapter 20 either.

Lakitu

st5fu
I'm nearly done but holy shit, I have been completely sucking at this game's combat. I die at nearly every major encounter.

Yeah I was actually anticipating Elena being the one who's holding Nate back from what he wants to do in the usual, tired ball and chain wife trope, but I was relieved that she was actually encouraging him to do the Malaysia job and get back to doing what he loves.

Then (late game spoilers)
she's the one who puts in the work to find a way for both of them to continue adventuring legally and safely. They were both unhappy, and she found a solution, it's perfect.

Late game spoiler
One of my favorite moments is when you're going up the elevator and she's in the jeep. And Nate is saying, "Hurry up I have to save her!" And then once you get up there she just clobbers all the enemies with the jeep.

TimFL

Has anyone found patch notes for 1.03? It just queued up on my system.

I guess it's the emergency hot fix patch that kills the speed run trophy glitch where you only had to do the prologue and last chapter to unlock said trophy.
I'd advice to not dl it if you plan on doing said glitch to cheese the 6h speed run trophy.

Mooreberg

is sharpening a shovel and digging a ditch
Scope of the environments from chapter 10 onward are really impressive. Having enemy patrols near trinket locations adds a lot of combat encounters that would have otherwise been missing. It is hard to believe there was any studio turmoil early on. The quality level, breadth of sequences, and game length are all there, in just under three years since their last game came out.

Have not even looked at MP yet - is there the coop and Siege missions that UC3 had? I racked up a bunch of hours with that stuff.

icespide

Banned
Late game spoiler
One of my favorite moments is when you're going up the elevator and she's in the jeep. And Nate is saying, "Hurry up I have to save her!" And then once you get up there she just clobbers all the enemies with the jeep.

that was an awesome moment

RS4-

I guess it's the emergency hot fix patch that kills the speed run trophy glitch where you only had to do the prologue and last chapter to unlock said trophy.
I'd advice to not dl it if you plan on doing said glitch to cheese the 6h speed run trophy.

Paused it just in time then! Was gonna hop into MP but since I'm on chapter 18, might as well just finish the game.

Loudninja

Scope of the environments from chapter 10 onward are really impressive. Having enemy patrols near trinket locations adds a lot of combat encounters that would have otherwise been missing. It is hard to believe there was any studio turmoil early on. The quality level, breadth of sequences, and game length are all there, in just under three years since their last game came out.

Have not even looked at MP yet - is there the coop and Siege missions that UC3 had? I racked up a bunch of hours with that stuff.
Co-op is coming in he Fall.

Kalentan

I will say, even though there was less gunfights in this. The way the AI worked and the size of the arenas makes me want to go and replay some of them. There's a joy of trying stealth, failing, but then harassing enemies and then vanishing back into stealth.

Spinluck

Damn, sucks that people aren't enjoying the OST as much as me.

Lots of repetitiveness in it, but I'm loving the new main theme.

Just finished it and I think it might be my favorite of the series.

Floody

Yay, got the Speedrun trophy, now on to Crushing. Managed to beat it in 5 hours 40 min, so was pretty close to failing.

barit

This freaking game man. The end of chapter 11 wow never saw such great acting in a video game. Dem emotions. And immediately after that the unbelievable beautiful chapter 12. How the hell is ND doing this? Screw Sci-Fi, I want a pirate game now from ND lol

Jesus after playing chapter 10 and 11 you just have to give a round of applause. I literally yelled out "holy shit" at 2am in the morning probably waking people up in my household.

Spinluck

The only thing that really bugged me about this otherwise masterpiece of a game was the
epilogue. Or rather, how Nate and Elena have not aged much in it. They would be, I assume, at around 50 years old at that point, but both look way too young. Nate is still rocking the haircut of a young man and has few gray hairs or wrinkles, and Elena still looks like she's not old enough to buy alcohol. lol

I feel like when they came into the beach house office to their daughter, ND missed a real chance to show what they look like, actually aged.

Idk...

if you buy the epilogue models in extra and compare them to the younger ones, the aging seems pretty obvious to me.

Top Bottom