• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Uncharted 4: A Thief's End |OT| You're gonna miss this ass

ryan299

While better than the previous games, I still don't think combat is good. Getting in and out of cover is clunky and the shooting is still off.

Maybe I'm spoiled after finishing Quantum Break and feeling that it controlled wonderfully.

f@luS

More than a member.
currently at chapter 21

they managed to have EVERY next chapter better looking than the previous one. No exception. it is absolutely crazy

i dont want to finish it :( but what an adventure. So many places , so many wonderful landscape, i felt i traveled alongside Nathan on this one... a true experience

The Lamp

While better than the previous games, I still don't think combat is good. Getting in and out of cover is clunky and the shooting is still off.

Maybe I'm spoiled after finishing Quantum Break and feeling that it controlled wonderfully.

You're undeniably right about the cover. Having the roll button = cover button has fucked me over several times as I try to roll past an object but end up sticking to it, or try to get into cover and end up rolling instead.

Loris146

Shooting and cover system are very good in Uncharted 4 ( for me at least ). Maybe you are used to QB which is different.

Tosyn_88

I get the impression that naughty dog were trying to fix or do what they had intended with uncharted one and three. Lots of the themes, style and sequences are too glaringly similar, esp to the first uncharted. The game is gorgeous and wraps up nicely. Had so much nostalgia with many parts, it's crazy to think this series is 10 years old already, we have grown with young Nate, lots of emotions

I hate that Uncharted has reputation that it has bad combat. I love combat in all Uncharted games. Never had issue getting headshots or maneuvering around enemies. I'm also enjoying shooting in the U4 multiplayer more than I enjoyed shooting in Battlefront for example. I see that people complain about it, but I really don't understand why...

Also, Quantum Break maneuvering during combat was good, but shooting itself didn't feel good at all.

Kazooie

Banned
The ending is just incredible, I haven't ever really liked an
epilogue
in a game or book before, but this one was fantastic and I think necessary to stop the fan base from clamouring for Uncharted 5.

The soundtrack was beautiful.

The less linear sections like the driving and the stealth combat sections were handled excellently and really show how Naughty Dog is learning game on game.

I've jumped straight in to Crushing. This game feels similar to TLoU to me in that I will get tremendous replay value.

The online is great too!

I hate that Uncharted has reputation that it has bad combat. I love combat in all Uncharted games. Never had issue getting headshots or maneuvering around enemies. I'm also enjoying shooting in the U4 multiplayer more than I enjoyed shooting in Battlefront for example. I see that people complain about it, but I really don't understand why...

I understand when people aren't confortable with the controls in any Uncharted, what I don't understand is when they call it shit and the worst TPS controls and stuff... I mean, I've played Spec Ops, Lost Planet and others... what category is that?

Kalentan

The ending is just incredible, I haven't ever really liked an
epilogue
in a game or book before, but this one was fantastic and I think necessary to stop the fan base from clamouring for Uncharted 5.

Yup, I agree!

Uncharted 5: A Daughters Journey. 2019. Believe. ;)

Tosyn_88

While it's a cover shooter in a sense, I think uncharted has always been about mobility. The game tries to force you to move around, left, right, up and down.... I think this is one of the misconceptions of uncharted, some expect to play it as a cover shooter when it really isn't. I played it on the harder difficulty and if you are not mobile, you won't last long at all

I felt this way at first but I adjusted...not sure what caused it.

I think the FOV is much wider in this game and further away from Drake.

I was surprised it was so wide actually when I first started. Generally console games push the camera a bit closer to the character, and have less FOV.

Plum

Not a big fan of how Nate says "refreshing" each and every time he gets into water or goes under a waterfall.

For that reason alone I'll be giving the game a 4/10 for sure. Not a very
refreshing
effort, ND.

I understand when people aren't confortable with the controls in any Uncharted, what I don't understand is when they call it shit and the worst TPS controls and stuff... I mean, I've played Spec Ops, Lost Planet and others... what category is that?

But it's not like the controls in Uncharted are that complicated. Eurogamer called U4 'walking simulator'. :) I'm sort of joking, but for me Uncharted gameplay clicked when the first one came out so since then it's only been improving. I'm having hard time relating to people who don't like the way it plays.

The Lamp

ENDING SPOILERS

Yup, I agree!

Uncharted 5: A Daughters Journey. 2019. Believe. ;)

It's not gonna be about his daughter, people. The epilogue was spent entirely trying to convey that Nate and Elena don't want to raise their daughter doing illegal treasure hunting and shooting like them. She's going to be a legal explorer, like she has been since she was a little girl.

If there are any future Uncharted games, it will likely be about Sam and Sully as they learn to get over their differences.

Kalentan

ENDING SPOILERS

It's not gonna be about his daughter, people. The epilogue was spent entirely trying to convey that Nate and Elena don't want to raise their daughter doing illegal treasure hunting and shooting like them. She's going to be a legal explorer, like she has been since she was a little girl.

If there are any future Uncharted games, it will likely be about Sam and Sully as they learn to get over their differences.

I know. I'm just joking. I expect this to be the last Uncharted.

Gaz_RB

Ending spoilers:

Yeah I'm pretty sure they set up Sam to be the next hero, if they go that route. Then Troy Baker can just be the main character of all the best games.

Just got to the
ship graveyard
I really dug the atmosphere in 19. Nice change of pace.

Not a big fan of how Nate says "refreshing" each and every time he gets into water or goes under a waterfall.

For that reason alone I'll be giving the game a 4/10 for sure. Not a very
refreshing
effort, ND.

That didn't bother me much, but "nice shot little brother" was just annoying after a while. That was like Sam's only damn line of banter in combat.

The Lamp

I agree! The one thing I didn't like about Uncharted 2 was how unrealistic Zoran was as a villain. You don't go around ravaging foreign countries in real life and not get world powers to put you in jail.

Huh? He's a war lord. Did you miss what happened to Africa and South America the past few decades? It's very believable for a rich powerful asshole to destroy villages and cities with their power.

LiK

As someone else mentioned, I don't think she'll go down the illegal treasure hunting route of her father. But maybe. I'd like a female lead.

Yup, seems too good to pass up. Some of the
books you find shows she's just like her parents.

LiK

What did the books say? Must have missed that.

one adventure mag had a cover that had her on the cover and said something like "it runs in the family". Also she has been with Sully in some treasure find that was featured on those newspapers on the wall.

It won't be ND who develops it though, meaning there might as well not be one, even if there is.

If this one sells like crazy, which I feel it might. You know there will definitely be another, who knows who'll do it though. I thought Bend did a great job with Abyss, bet they could do even more without the limitations of a handheld.

Horohoro

They have told a beautiful story. We don't need a sequel.

I don't want a sequel to their story... But I wouldn't say no to another story. Like one about
Whatever Sam and Sully get up too. A prequel game starring sully maybe.Also wouldn't mind villain stories. Like a story about Flynn or Eddie and Rika tbh.

Gaz_RB

one adventure mag had a cover that had her on the cover and said something like "it runs in the family". Also she has been with Sully in some treasure find that was featured on those newspapers on the wall.

Sweet. Better than "Young girl accosted by pirates while treasure hunting, brutally murders all of them"

The Lamp

ENDING SPOILERS

Yeah,
legal treasure. They won't have this girl climbing trains and shooting people and snapping necks. Without that, you don't have Uncharted, and it defeats the literary purpose of the daughter: to show you that this lifestyle is over. There are more important lives to consider and things to life than fighting crazed black market criminals for legendary treasure

LiK

ENDING SPOILERS

Yeah,
legal. They won't have this girl climbing trains and shooting people and snapping necks. Without that, you don't have Uncharted, and it defeats the literary purpose of the daughter: to show you that this lifestyle is over. There are more important lives to consider and things to life than fighting crazed black market criminals for legendary treasure

Well, obviously.
talking about when she's an adult and follows her parent's interest in treasure hunting. Whether it's illegal or not is up to the devs/writers.

The sequels can be different and ND would be fine with it.

Finished the game 3 days ago on hard..what an experience,what an awesome,awseome franchise. It's been a great 9 years nate,been a pleasure.
I am sure some will disagree with me but honestly i always considered Unchartes 2 the best game I played.
While I am sure to some of you it will sound absolutely ridiculous and I respect that,but no game has ever made me feel so..happy,like this feeling after watching a really really good movie and feel like you've been thorugh something more than that..a journey.
Thats how I feel about the Uncharted games.

I think we should all,even those who does not like the this games as much as I do, thank Naughty Dog for this game,they truly leverge this medium to a new height of storytelling.

Horohoro

Finished the game 3 days ago on hard..what an experience,what an awesome,awseome franchise. It's been a great 9 years nate,been a pleasure.
I am sure some will disagree with me but honestly i always considered Unchartes 2 the best game I played.
While I am sure to some of you it will sound absolutely ridiculous and I respect that,but no game has ever made me feel so..happy,like tjis feeling after watching a really really goos movie and feel like you've been thorugh something more than that..a journey.
Thats how I feel about the Uncharted games.

I think we should all,even those who does not like the this games as much as I do, thank Naughty Dog for this game,they truly leverge this medium to a new height of storytelling.

*FIST BUMP*
Absolutely the same feelings.

Ive written out a thank you note to post in the ND forums also here but I don't think I'll make its own thread. I'll be doing so probably this weekend.

Top Bottom