• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Uncharted 4: A Thief's End |OT| You're gonna miss this ass

ZeroX03

Banned
Librarian, just shut up and finish the game (like the 20th person to say that). You're making a total ass out of yourself complaining about things that the story directly addresses.

This game is absolute trash.
Where's all the dinosaur representation? There wasn't a single one. They should make at least half the cast dinosaurs just because I think it would work and wouldn't be in the way of the story or change the game at all.
Kotaku should write an article on this abomination.

A little of topic but, I'm kinda surprised Marlowe didn't know anthing about Nate's brother(I know ND probably didn't even start on U4's story) but looking back on uncharted 3 it's just so glaring right now; Uncharted 3 makes it seems that Drake was an only child when he met Sully, now in Uncharted 4 the first half it seems to try so hard to plug Sam in all these past events

Where's all the dinosaur representation? There wasn't a single one. They should make at least half the cast dinosaurs just because I think it would work and wouldn't be in the way of the story or change the game at all.

Also no Androids.

Naughty Frauds,plz.

/s

Stoze

I'd actually like to see
Sam and Rafe tracking down the second cross. He mentions they spent 2 years doing that after leaving jail

That be great for the DLC as well. Or they could go a completely different route;

Play as Cassandra Morgan/Nate and Sam's mom on an adventure with her and possibly Evelyn, way back in the past.
That may be a bit too much work though for a DLC, since you'd need brand new character models and a lot of new environment assets.

That be great for the DLC as well. Or they could go a completely different route;

Play as Cassandra Morgan on an adventure with her and possibly Evelyn, way back in the past.
In this game, they have allowed
us to control 3 different members of the Morgan/Drake family[Sam,Nathan and Cassie]
so it makes sense here.

ZeroX03

Banned
Like I said in the other thread, the DLC should be Chloe and Cutter going on an adventure full of set pieces and dark, enclosed spaces.

MMarston

Was getting caught part of your plan?
I know this is a joke but going off this - did anybody else think there were gonna be Dinos in UC1 because of that one drawing on the cover art that looked like a brachiasaurus?

Because I did back then hahaha
Dang! Did I leave my vagina somewhere when I entered the thread?
Not many people know you're a woman, but I really hope you don't end up being as rude as you were in the Star Wars threads

wapplew

Play as Cassandra Morgan/Nate and Sam's mom on an adventure with her and possibly Evelyn, way back in the past.
That may be a bit too much work though for a DLC, since you'd need brand new character models and environment assets.

Oh, I love that! But do they have super human strength thou.

Deku Tree

During the second
elevator in the car with elena, the jeep clipped though the floor of the elevator as it was going up. Now in the elevator the elena and no jeep lol.

MMarston

Was getting caught part of your plan?
During the second
elevator in the car with elena, the jeep clipped though the floor of the elevator as it was going up. Now in the elevator the elena and no jeep lol.
Please tell me you're riding an invisible jeep

I'm not much further and I can't agree that the game treats her badly, or makes her an obstacle. It's quite clear that she is very supportive, and it's Nate's decision not to trust her to tell her. I don't know the reason yet but it isn't because she is holding him back.

Yea.

But opinions, I guess?

JTCx

Don't have an obsession. An agenda, maybe. Would just like more female characters in game in general. Hence my disappointment with Elena being barely in the first half of the game at all and forced to pal around with only male characters.

Yes Uncharted 4 sucks, not worth anyone's time. Go play another game.

What a shame they left such a gorgeous scenery for when you fail/die.

On the other end, the last thing you see before dying is an awesome rainbow. xD

You don't get that same shot.

If you miss the rope swing it just follows Nate with the camera down the waterfall like most other deaths.

I know because I died there :D

Oh oops sorry for assuming someone's pronouns over the internet where the majority of us talk through text. The patriarchal society I live in makes me default everyone on the internet to "he "him" "his" pronouns.

That better?

If we're being technical here, you didn't assume my pronouns, you assumed I was a man, as well as some weird fetish.

What? I assumed you were a man. Which is assuming your pronouns.

I think I need to put you on my ignore list and move on.
Oh, oops. Sorry, I misremembered you with people who were just strictly calling me a man and not using any pronouns.

And yeah, I mean, you can go ahead and put me on ignore if you feel the need. Wasn't really cool of you to assume I had some sort of fetish, though.

BroBot

People go on and on about how technically amazing this game is.

You know what would've been more astounding than these awesome graphics? Elena with you all the time! Or at least Nate's long-lost sister!

This is why Nate doesn't have a long lost sister named Samantha!

AQzBxOu.jpg

Now finish the game! It's amazing!

Krakin

I just hit chapter 16 and I just wanted to say that I can't understand how anyone could say Sam is unnecessary and uninteresting. The guy has been awesome so far.

Greecian-

So, I'm playing on crushing difficulty and I'm on chapter
at the part where I have to
get down to the beach and save Sam from a shit ton of enemies.
This part is destroying my spirits

Vire

I'm about as far as you. Platforming is a bit mindless so far (I hesitate to actually call it platforming -- skill-based Mario, this is not), but I really like using the sliding/slopes to zigzag around previous structures and reach new sides with new handholds. It's like the level design folds in on itself, which makes for some clever ways forward.

Unfortunately in in later chapters I feel like it goes back to simple wall climbing across huge mountainous structures that isn't as interesting as the rope/zigzag stuff.

Not even done, but I think Rafe is one of the best antagonists ever created.
Such a sleazy rich asshole. Great casting and acting.
I certainly agree with you. Dude is just such a "believable" villain and his whole
motivation actually kinda works alongside the theme of the treasure and the overall story.

Not really any spoilers in the above but I guess you might wanna stear clear, just to be absolutely safe.

Unknown?

Not even done, but I think Rafe is one of the best antagonists ever created.
Such a sleazy rich asshole. Great casting and acting.

I agree! The one thing I didn't like about Uncharted 2 was how unrealistic Zoran was as a villain. You don't go around ravaging foreign countries in real life and not get world powers to put you in jail.

Vire

Spoiler around Madagascar

How did Elena know where Nate was anyway? Is this ever explained or is it just silly magical handwaving

ZeroX03

Banned
Spoiler around Madagascar

How did Elena know where Nate was anyway? Is this ever explained or is it just silly magical handwaving

She probably has access to his credit cards, emails and Find My Xperia app. She's a journalist. It's not magical for her to track people down, least of all her husband.

Top Bottom