• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Uncharted 4: A Thief's End |OT| You're gonna miss this ass

Sami+

I think Nadine is my favorite character as of right now- I definitely want to see more of her. Still Chp. 17, just thinking about it at while at work lol.

She was excellent in Chp. 15 for sure

Vire

Jesus after playing chapter 10 and 11 you just have to give a round of applause. I literally yelled out "holy shit" at 2am in the morning probably waking people up in my household.

I've seen the E3 chase sequence a hundred times before playing it and I was just as blown away playing it as seeing the first time, if not more so.... It's really something else. The amount of control you have during it is the most impressive part and no matter which way you approach it, you feel like a super badass.

Might be my favorite set piece in all of Uncharted.

icespide

Banned
I loved the E3 chase sequence for the most part but I ran into the typical Uncharted set piece issue where you screw up enough times that it breaks the momentum and end up getting frustrated a bit doing certain sections particularly when you're being dragged with the rope. bummed me out a bit but maybe I just suck

Vire

I loved the E3 chase sequence for the most part but I ran into the typical Uncharted set piece issue where you screw up enough times that it breaks the momentum and end up getting frustrated a bit doing certain sections particularly when you're being dragged with the rope. bummed me out a bit but maybe I just suck

Ah man, that sucks. I was able to do it like a boss the first try and it felt so gud.

Maybe next playthrough.

I've seen the E3 chase sequence a hundred times before playing it and I was just as blown away playing it as seeing the first time, if not more so.... It's really something else. The amount of control you have during it is the most impressive part and no matter which way you approach it, you feel like a super badass.

Might be my favorite set piece in all of Uncharted.

This is exactly what made that set piece insane and I'll agree its easily the best experience I've had from any of the Uncharted games. I hope they have something close to this in store for the later chapters.

Avoiding context to prevent spoiling:

Had a few weird bugs where in an underwater section, I somehow went phased through the geometry and got stuck so couldn't come up for air.

Also had one where I was hanging off of a cage in a firefight and I died. Got respawned INSIDE the cage and couldn't move or get out or shoot enmies while the shot me with rockets and such.

Also for final boss sequence, I don't think the triangle / circle face buttons were good options. L1/R1 would have been much better for what they want you to do.
Also generally wasn't really a fan of not really being able to gauge boss health / how much damage I was actually doing or not and attack signalling that wasn't that clear.

JTripper

I can't get over Elena's facial expression when
Nate doesn't beat her high score in Crash. It's so fucking adorable.

I think she's become my favorite character in the series after this game. Honestly she steals every scene/conversation she's in.

krae_man

I like how if you accidentally interrupt a conversation, it will pick up right where it left off.

Sully: *starts telling a story*
Nate: Hey look a well!
*Nate goes down well and gets a treasure, gets back in jeep and drives off*
Sully: Where was I? Oh yeah! *continues story*

Chapter 4 pulled those nostalgia strings hard, well done ND, well done.
I can't believe how good the
house
looks, goddamn thing is almost photorealistic.

Ducktail

I like how if you accidentally interrupt a conversation, it will pick up right where it left off.

Sully: *starts telling a story*
Nate: Hey look a well!
*Nate goes down well and gets a treasure, gets back in jeep and drives off*
Sully: Where was I? Oh yeah! *continues story*

Yeah, I love how the characters interact. I've only done it once with Sam, and he's like: "Hey!", while Nathan jumps from a cliff or something.

Lakitu

st5fu
Damn, sucks that people aren't enjoying the OST as much as me.

Lots of repetitiveness in it, but I'm loving the new main theme.

Just finished it and I think it might be my favorite of the series.

I think it's the best OST of the bunch personally. Nothing really stood out to me in the first three besides the main theme obviously.

But the soundtracks are still great, whoever created them obviously more talent in their finger nail than me in my whole body. :p

TechJunk

This freaking game man. The end of chapter 11 wow never saw such great acting in a video game. Dem emotions. And immediately after that the unbelievable beautiful chapter 12. How the hell is ND doing this? Screw Sci-Fi, I want a pirate game now from ND lol

I had the same reaction... Felt like how my wife would react to my bullshit. Damn...

finished
one of the best game ever made
even after beaten it, i refuse to believe this game, refuse to believe in what i've witnessed in those 18 hours
jesus christ

thank you to everyone who has contributed to craft this game
thank you from the deepest of my gaming heart

Lakitu

st5fu
I finished. What a fucking epic ride. Loved it. Have to say I loved the emphasis on exploration as opposed to combat sequences but when the combat starts, it goes up to 10. So many ways to approach the situation. Best game of the series by far and that's coming from someone who's not a huge huge fan of the series.

It wraps things up perfectly. I adore each and every character, the addition of Sam was fantastic. I did miss a lot of stuff but I'll start a second playthrough in a week or two. Brilliant game.

I can't say it tops The Last of Us for me but that's because I prefer the setting and it played on my emotions like no other game can.

Not to mention the game is a technical marvel.

Have you finished the game?
They suggest that that's not possible... at least not that job
My theory is that Sam was in prison at that time.

Yeah not that particular job but it suggested that Sam would be ok with leaving Nate. Nate also says that they take turns going to jail. Maybe he was in prison. Or maybe not. It's not like we spent that much time with young Drake in UC3.

I beat it last night and I am still processing it.

I absolutely loved it. I adore it. It's the best Uncharted game in my opinion and the best Naughty Dog game to date.

The ending is perfect, I mean perfect!

Thank you Naughty Dog, thank you.

Would the game be better if it had some sorta hanging meter, sorta like shadow of the colossus?
I mean I just don't get any sense of game play planning my next move since all the jumps are perfectly scripted ( well,except the ones where you are sliding and must jump at the right moment) Then again I'm in chapter 7, so it might get more intense. (which finally there is a lot more game play than cinematics)

Chapter 18 is another winner. That first combat arena was awesome and that scenery
after you use the box
is breathtaking. The downtime in this chapter was used pretty well and doesn't wear out its welcome like in some of the other chapters.
The second combat arena was even better though.
Shit was really tense. Best chapter so far I think. This is what I've been expecting.

Not even done, but I think Rafe is one of the best antagonists ever created.
Such a sleazy rich asshole. Great casting and acting.

Every scene with Rafe I thought about my run through Uncharted 3 prior to picking up 4 and how much I despised Talbot, and not in a way I feel it was intended -- or maybe it was. Dude was so smarmy and obnoxious and I would groan at it. Rafe exhibits somewhat similar qualities yet I found him so fun any time he showed up in this game to the very end. Maybe it was my mood. Maybe he is just better written but yeah, I think the antagonists in this game were fun and interesting.

To all the Uncharted Veterans...you guys can laugh at me
check this out, you know the chapter where nate gets up from his attic office and looks around and finds treasures, I had to re-do that part because I thought the game didn't save the "treasures" I found, I kept going, "why aren't they showing up in my treasure list?"

SO what are they like stuff from uncharted 1-3?

Every scene with Rafe I thought about my run through Uncharted 3 prior to picking up 4 and how much I despised Talbot, and not in a way I feel it was intended -- or maybe it was. Dude was so smarmy and obnoxious and I would groan at it. Rafe exhibits somewhat similar qualities yet I found him so fun any time he showed up in this game to the very end. Maybe it was my mood. Maybe he is just better written but yeah, I think the antagonists in this game were fun and interesting.

He's certaibly better written than Talbot because I would hardly consider Talbot written at all. Dude was a total cipher. Just a walking smirk/suit that you occassionally chase and fight.

idonteven

To all the Uncharted Veterans...you guys can laugh at me
check this out, you know the chapter where nate gets up from his attic office and looks around and finds treasures, I had to re-do that part because I thought the game didn't save the "treasures" I found, I kept going, "why aren't they showing up in my treasure list?"

SO what are they like stuff from uncharted 1-3?

yes

Wazzy

Banned
I was supposed to have thie a few days ago but my copy cancelled(had the wrong card attached to the payment) so I lost my whole E3 Preorder discounts along with my copy lol oh well. I ordered it today and did same day shipping so I should have my copy tonight.

My decision now is should I finally play Uncharted 3 before playing this? I beat the first two but couldn't bring myself to open my UC3 so I watched the story on youtube.

PepperedHam

Damn, sucks that people aren't enjoying the OST as much as me.

Lots of repetitiveness in it, but I'm loving the new main theme.

Just finished it and I think it might be my favorite of the series.
I am in love with the OST. Been listening to it on Spotify after finishing the game and I am in love with the tracks Reunited and Brother's Keeper. I enjoy the whole thing, I noticed playing the game itself how hype the combat music was getting me at certain points. Love how huge it all sounds.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
I really liked them as villains. a bit cliché but way better than the villains in previous games.

Yeah i agree, that's why i wanted to see more of them.

Laura Bailey and Rafe's VA did a phenomenal job, it's a shame they didn't got more screentime.

Top Bottom