• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Uncharted 4: A Thief's End |OT| You're gonna miss this ass

Hawk269

Currently at my Gamestop. This place is crazy. People are freaking out!

My GS is completely dead and they usually do really good with pre-orders and big launches. I do live in a small town, but a game like this I expected a massive line and there are zero in line as of 20 min ago.

I think I am going to crack just buy the PS4 Uncharted Bundle.

Nintendad

I just beat the game on Crushing. Ugh. That was rough. Going to play through it again on easy to try and beat it in under six hours.

is there going to be a patch or anything when this unlocks?

There's a new patch that went up today. It should've already downloaded for you.

drew713

I ordered it April 23 2016 and it charged my card and shipped immediately this morning .....
Amazon tried to give me the run around and say they didn't get enough copies of the game to ship mine out today. Then they said my debit card was declined when the charges were showing up on my online bank statement. I ended up calling instead of using the online chat and got everything taken care of. My game won't be here until Thursday still but they made up for it.

Schryver

Should I play with only 18 of the 48+ Application data gigs downloaded? Will I get framerate issues or anything?

Edit: Bruce Straley is saying PlayGo doesn't get the patch. Maybe I should wait until tomorrow :(

Listening to the OST now, without context. Reminds me of Assassin's Creed 3-esque music. Of which, I didn't mind, but it wasn't Uncharted.

If there's nothing that matches the excitement of the helicopter/tank action themes of UC2, I'll be disappointed.

Oh wait, something exciting just came on... Let me listen.

Hmm. Instrument choices are too standard which makes it fall short compared to the unique and exotic approach from Edmonson in my opinion. Too bad. Definitely still feels like AC3.

Played some MP tonight and was really quite blown away. Maps look beautiful and have interesting layouts, mobility in this game is really great and it animates so well too. IQ is just unreal considering how much else is going on already and the fact it's running off console hardware yet is closer to the higher end AA solutions I've tried on PC than the lower end in terms of the result IMO. I'm now expecting something very special from the campaign.

You guys have no idea how hard it was playing 4 hours of the game knowing I'll be murdered by my gf if I dare start the story without her. I don't even play these for multiplayer.

The detail is just nuts. Hell, even the kitchen behind him looks pretty much real.

Looks like hes about to hit the pipe

5KsO8R.png

I really can't stress enough just how well nuanced the subtle eye movements and expressions are. That's all for now, can't wait to read the reactions of more people who jump in soon.

MMarston

Was getting caught part of your plan?
Well since the EST people are about to start, guess I'm gonna bail on thread now.

AWAIT ME IN VALHALLA BROTHERS AND SISTERS

So the bonus single player mission. Are those coming out now or later. Cause I got the standard edition and wanted to wait before I buy some season pass or upgrade to deluxe edition or something.

Aspiring

Was waiting for the patch to download said stuff it and started to play. Was just unsure if it improved framerate or something. But hell what an opening. Only chapter 2 but love it.

Cornbread78

The Lamp

About to fire this up, and can't help but reminisce seeing the original unveiling of a concept Naughty Dog project called BIG - full video here (this video is actually oddly hard to find, and is not the one from the verge piece a little while ago. This was, for whatever reason, not really noticed at the E3 it was revealed at - nobody talked very much about it. But I remember just being mindblown).

To here, now, and the end of the series.

tumblr_nyucjnioWy1qcy62fo1_500.gif

How is this fictional male character so beautiful

Top Bottom