• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Uncharted 4: A Thief's End |OT| You're gonna miss this ass

Rated-G

My boss gave me an appropriate new sketchbook today and told me I could take tomorrow off. (I probably won't though since I still have to wait on both UPS and the wife to get home before starting, but still, thought it was really cool of her. Damn I can't wait to play this game...)

kn1kLOEYP.jpg

BigTnaples

Todd Howard's Secret GAF Account
Me too, I think Amazon purposely delayed shipment of the priced error UC4 (many gaffer here who peordered have receive no shipping confirmation) while my friend who preorder last Friday (full price) got email shipping confirmation on Monday. I called CS and and they told me they can expedited the shipping and I could get on Thursdays the 12th (with shipping cost). I told her no, cancel my order and get it at Best Buy with GCU.

Nah. I didn't use the glitch, just preordered a few days ago, but mine didn't ship till 7pm.

KeRaSh

Great OT. One small mistake, though. Not sure if it has been mentioned, yet. I checked the first 10 pages. In the MP roadmap it probably should say Winter 2016 before Spring 2017.

Today is the perfect release day. My wife is meeting up with a friend after work and I have nothing planned besides Uncharted. Got a great run in yesterday in preparation so I don't feel like a lazy fuck for playing this for 3-4 hours before my wife gets home. :D

BraXzy

Great OT. One small mistake, though. Not sure if it has been mentioned, yet. I checked the first 10 pages. In the MP roadmap it probably should say Winter 2016 before Spring 2017.

That image is an official media release from ND. It says Winter 2017 because they're classing January/February as Winter (we assume).

Cre8

You want a shot at the champ? [NG gif winner July 23]
I did pre-order using the $43 price and my game shipped yesterday for delivery by 8pm today.

Guess some of us just unlucky. I paid $5.00 more on BB with GCU. This game is worth it.

If I haven't finished any Uncharted game should I start playing 4? I own all of them. Game will be delivered tomorrow morning.

Edit: I haven't finished any of them because I'm an idiot, not because I didn't like them. Figured I should throw that in.

packy34

Me too, I think Amazon purposely delayed shipment of the priced error UC4 (many gaffer here who peordered have receive no shipping confirmation) while my friend who preorder last Friday (full price) got email shipping confirmation on Monday. I called CS and and they told me they can expedited the shipping and I could get on Thursdays the 12th (with shipping cost). I told her no, cancel my order and get it at Best Buy with GCU.

Nope. I used the pricing error and mine shipped around 1pm.

BigTnaples

Todd Howard's Secret GAF Account
If I haven't finished any Uncharted game should I start playing 4? I own all of them. Game will be delivered tomorrow morning.

No way. Play through the trilogy first.

At the very least, play 2-3. The first, while still great, hasn't aged as well. (The graphics hold up fine)

5 GB day one patch, estimated 10 hours left.

Fuck this generation. This is why I can never get excited about playing a new game at launch. Fuck Naughty Dog, how many delays and still can't put out a finished product?

Ordered the priced error UC4, got an email saying it was shipped out and will be at my last tomorrow (today) evening before 8PM.

m4st4

Managed to hit chapter 8 yesterday, looooooong boring day ahead. Game is outstanding, another level of immersion and dedication to detail.

Edit: I haven't finished any of them because I'm an idiot, not because I didn't like them. Figured I should throw that in.

Do not play this game until you finish the trilogy. Great games and you'll appreciate this one better.

The comments on people's PS4's appearing to die from fan heat is worrying...

Mine usually sounds like a "jet engine" as people call it. But when I started this game up, it was the loudest I had ever heard. It has since gone back to normal "jet engine"...but it is extremely hot to the touch

Kilau

The comments on people's PS4's appearing to die from fan heat is worrying...

UC3 killed my PS3 slim blu-ray laser, UC4 just continuing the tradition.

I haven't noticed the fan running abnormally higher on mine, yet.

Hugstable

Banned
Only 40 more mins til I'm done downloading!!!!!!!!!!!! Uncharted is about to break my 2 and half month long addiction to nothing but Souls games lol

KeRaSh

That image is an official media release from ND. It says Winter 2017 because they're classing January/February as Winter (we assume).

Haha, sorry. My bad then! That makes sense, although I still find it a little weird.
8 more hours until I can go home and play! :D

Gurish

My boss gave me an appropriate new sketchbook today and told me I could take tomorrow off. (I probably won't though since I still have to wait on both UPS and the wife to get home before starting, but still, thought it was really cool of her. Damn I can't wait to play this game...)

Where the hell do you work to have a boss like that? :p

Managed to hit chapter 8 yesterday, looooooong boring day ahead. Game is outstanding, another level of immersion and dedication to detail.

Do not play this game until you finish the trilogy. Great games and you'll appreciate this one better.

No way. Play through the trilogy first.

At the very least, play 2-3. The first, while still great, hasn't aged as well. (The graphics hold up fine)

Just dragged my PS3 and Uncharted 2 out of storage. Thanks guys.

Are you out of your godamn mind? This is perfect, this is another game completely in the fucking good sense. Someone actually think that this is the worst story of the franchise!?!? The script laugh at the other games!!
I'll go to sleep now, but when I get back from work tomorrow I'll start it all over again.

This is insane.

(Audiomode for Gold Series is up)

NightOnyx

Just wanted to say the game is already incredible and I'm only starting chapter 4. The game plays just how I was hoping and I am so impressed by not only the graphics but also the animations. I have had a smile the whole time playing so far.

Oh and just in case nobody else has mentioned it, if you gave a PS Gold or other PlayStation headset, there is an uncharted 4 preset that is now available as well.

Fuck EB Games NZ. I took a day off to play UC4 but won't get my copy until tomorrow. Now I'm contemplating taking tomorrow off as well, even though I really should get some work done.

Could buy this in an hour after work... but never playing Uncharted 2 makes me feel like I might be cheating the franchise a bit. Did play 1 and 3.

Rated-G

Where the hell do you work to have a boss like that? :p

I'm an animator for a game studio I should probably not disclose. I made sure to get way ahead on my work in anticipation for this game as we're in a place where I'll probably be able to swing some time off to play this. My boss and I are both big fans of Naughty Dog.

sephi22

Cmon Redbox. I'm a cheap ass. Gotta wait an hour for the box to refill

GOAT Boss. She's a keeper.

Top Bottom