• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Uncharted 4: A Thief's End |OT| You're gonna miss this ass

LowParry

Seriously. How does ND make such a fucking awesome looking game? Just hit CH 8 and man. I have some predictions but man. MAN. I need a small break.

Mutagenic

Permanent Junior Member
I watched the quick look and there seems to be a healthy amount of motion blur. Is anyone with the game finding that distracting at all?

nib95

Banned
Just finished! Divisive my ass! I could not have pictured a more fitting ending.

;-(

What an incredible experience. An emotional, weighty, poignant thrill ride. Also, that Time magazine editor got it right when he said these days, because of the graphical fidelity on offer, more than ever games transcend just the importance of the mechanical nature of the medium, and through the visuals, almost make you feel like you've been on holiday, experiencing or exploring these incredible, breathtakingly beautiful locations and settings. I had that feeling with Uncharted 4 more than any other game I've ever played.

Kalentan

So... I think there was a NeoGAF reference?

When Sam says he has something Rafe doesn't and shows Nathan the paper... It look an AWFUL like a NeoGAF post. Even has "OT" in the thread title in the same way.

TheOGB

Banned
The prodigal son returns

I knew this moment was coming... but still it brings a tear to my eye
arAJhud.gif

Dammit Elena I will beat your high score

GRaider81

Up to chapter 10 and i'm not liking it as much as i thought i would. I like the pacing, characters are interesting, the graphics are great of course. But the gameplay isn't gripping me like TLOU. Stealth grass, marking enemies, explosive barrels... even naughty dog can't make these mechanics feel fresh in 2016.

Yeah I agree, it's still an enjoyable play through but it's down to characters, locations and story. I also found the gameplay pretty dull outside of the superb set pieces.

A fitting end to one of my favourite series but I'm glad it's done tbh.

Can't........ believe.......... this game.......

What planet is ND from.....

And oh my the fan service in some of the dialogue is so delicious, what a way to send off a series......... every note is just perfection.

foxbeldin

This is going to sell shitloads. It's anecdotal but i know someone working in a small retail store. They have 120 preorders. They were buried under phone calls yesterday from people wanting to know if it was available.

Kalentan

This game is a great neogaf overhyper detector, unless the first 3 hours count as the intro, the intro is awfull.

I'm 99% sure, until you see the credits, that it's part of the intro. Since it's basically an extended prologue. Much longer than the TLOU prologue, but while I'm not far into the game, I imagine much of it will be very important.

nib95

Banned
This game is a great neogaf overhyper detector, unless the first 3 hours count as the intro, the intro is awfull.

I think opinions will vary depending on how much patience people have, or how much they are invested in the atmosphere, visuals and collecting. It's quite a slow burner to begin with.

HeelPower

Lol kid drake is a 100% Ellie in this game and thats frankly annoying.

I like his portrayal in 3 better.Even his visual design was better.

The TLoU influence is so cheesy.

Jorav

Has the shooting improved? Was finishing up Uncharted 2 after playing The Division for the past month and it hit me how clunky it is. I understand its a PS3 game but coming from a dedicated third person shooter gave me the shits for a while until i re adjusted to the mechanics.

Stiler

Think I'm done for the night, don't want to rush through it too fast, want to savor it and take my time with this one.

So far I am loving it. The story, the characters, the writing, everything is just so on point.

I don't think I even need to mention graphics/animations much, bar none some of the best of any game studio out there, it's amazing what ND can squeeze out of hte ps4.

Can't wait to get to it some more tomorrow.

Also anyone else get the theme on ps4? It's my first theme with audio to it, so nice having the jungle sounds playing while you're just browsing the ps4 menu's.

Daft Punk

Banned
That is 100% a gaf reference.

I knew it had to be. It literally looked like it came from NeoGAF. lol Just hit
the vents
in Chapter 6 and man this game is so good so far. As ridiculous as the game looks, I think the thing that has stood out the most for me is how well ND managed to capture the minute nuances of each actors performance along with their animation work. The scene with Nathan
at home playing Crash Bandicoot and interacting with Elena
had me doing double takes with how realistic each character looked and behaved. If this is just the tip of the iceberg, then I can't even imagine what is coming next.

madmackem

I watched the quick look and there seems to be a healthy amount of motion blur. Is anyone with the game finding that distracting at all?
Hell no, iq is the best I've seen on console, nothing I've seen videos screen shots etc have done this game justice, saying it on my big tv with zero compression like videos have really is the best game I've ever seen.

thenexus6

I have played about ten hours so far. This game really is outstanding.

Not only does it live up to the hype, it smashes it with a sledgehammer.

Aside from a few janky animations where two characters work too closely together at times I have encountered zero problems. Game is smooth and beautiful.

I have been sitting playing and had various times where i've just shook my head like wow am I really doing this right now.

Does anyone know if the DLC code in the box finally works on the store now? The MP extra skins / points.

PSOreo

Shout out to Amazon for delivering it first thing this morning..bummer I have to go to work first. Hope everyone enjoys it and can't wait to play it myself tonight!

Mutagenic

Permanent Junior Member
Hell no, iq is the best I've seen on console, nothing I've seen videos screen shots etc have done this game justice, saying it on my big tv with zero compression like videos have really is the best game I've ever seen.
I'm hoping this is the case, despite being very perceptive to such things. The QL is only 720p so that might be adding to it.

Skux

Just finished the intro and I'm hooked. Normally I'd be bored with all this walking but the game just looks so damn good that I'm stopping to admire it every few steps.

crazy how many people went straight to mp and skipped campaign. Not one person on my friends list was playing single player tonight. Hope they are in parties, I would not want to risk some asshole yelling out spoilers in there

m4st4

That is 100% a gaf reference.

Oh. My. God. :D

Thank you based NaughtyDog, proud to be a 'Member'.

crazy how many people went straight to mp and skipped campaign. Not one person on my friends list was playing single player tonight. Hope they are in parties, I would not want to risk some asshole yelling out spoilers in there

Is such a thing even possible? Damn. I won't touch multi until I finish this sucker... and I adored both betas. This isn't Halo (I tend to finish Halo campaign first as well though), or COD.

Top Bottom