• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Uncharted 4: A Thief's End |OT| You're gonna miss this ass

Chamber

love on your sleeve
My mind, I can't even...

23aE1jb.gif

Mush

Fuck EB Games NZ. I took a day off to play UC4 but won't get my copy until tomorrow. Now I'm contemplating taking tomorrow off as well, even though I really should get some work done.
I got mine from Mightyape for $95, couldn't pass that up even knowing I wouldn't get it till after lunch.

Devastated that Nate's theme isn't playing in the main menu screen. It just doesn't feel the same without it.

But wow, that was one spectacular opening sequence.

I was lucky and my copy arrived a day early.

Stopped at the start of chapter 6. A very slow 5 chapters down, but they're hugely enjoyable. I found the 'at home' chapter very very good - all that narrative setup and character building - wonderful.

Good times ahead. :)

The comments on people's PS4's appearing to die from fan heat is worrying...

I'm not sure if there's a difference between physical and digital but I have digital and the fans haven't kicked in nowhere as strong as I thought it would. It's been less than TLOU to be honest.

Up to chapter 10 and i'm not liking it as much as i thought i would. I like the pacing, characters are interesting, the graphics are great of course. But the gameplay isn't gripping me like TLOU. Stealth grass, marking enemies, explosive barrels... even naughty dog can't make these mechanics feel fresh in 2016.

I'm not sure if there's a difference between physical and digital but I have digital and the fans haven't kicked in nowhere as strong as I thought it would. It's been less than TLOU to be honest.

I'm using physical and the fan only got loud in the early parts of the game (maybe because it was still installing).

D

Deleted member 57681

Unconfirmed Member
Just woke up, and the first thing I thought about is how stupidly good this game looks.
Can't wait for tonight and chapter 7 ;_;

Yup, my PS4 sounds like a ghostship though. Not the only TLoU flashback I got.

BigTnaples

Todd Howard's Secret GAF Account
The Sony Gold Headset preset is up in the Headset companion app for those of you who were waiting on it.

Gurish

I'm an animator for a game studio I should probably not disclose. I made sure to get way ahead on my work in anticipation for this game as we're in a place where I'll probably be able to swing some time off to play this. My boss and I are both big fans of Naughty Dog.

That's awesome, enjoy!

xxracerxx

Don't worry, I'll vouch for them.
Up to chapter 10 and i'm not liking it as much as i thought i would. I like the pacing, characters are interesting, the graphics are great of course. But the gameplay isn't gripping me like TLOU. Stealth grass, marking enemies, explosive barrels... even naughty dog can't make these mechanics feel fresh in 2016.
Turn off marking.

DKHF

Okay I played 2 hours last night and a little bit more 5 hours ago, jumping back in shortly (from chapter 6, might be chapter 5 not sure). Chapter 6 thoughts:
Nadine seems like a cool villain/character so I'm looking forward to seeing what she and Rafe do in this chapter... (I know Rafe is in it from a trailer and just saw Sully reunite Nadine)

Shpeshal Nick

aka Collingwood
So jarring going from 60 multiplayer to 30 single player. It takes time to adjust. Gears Ultimate did the same thing.

I love how much more like the Original the levels feel.

Top Bottom