• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Uncharted 4: A Thief's End |OT| You're gonna miss this ass

Daft Punk

Banned
I'm glad I can enjoy a game that builds up the story and characters in a way that makes me care about them and not get bored because explosions and gunfights didn't break out within the first 10 minutes of the game like a shitty Michael Bay movie. I was so into it, that I didn't even realize I was still playing the introduction until the credits rolled.

Steelbook is absolutely amazing!!! I really loved it. Hahaa
Here's some pics for you guys and the unboxing video for Special Edition (Sorry, it's not in English).

SWWpzRd.jpg

CHlRdZZ.jpg

rYFW09W.jpg

O1ZfodA.jpg

maD1h5Z.jpg

Kp1x27v.jpg

cCYdbqN.jpg

6zOyaY9.jpg

ZFifUbE.jpg

tGsyzLn.jpg

arne

The patch is MP stuff.

INCORRECT.

MP is why update 1.01 is so large (~5GB) but there's SP fixes and a ton of SP bonus content. We *strongly* strongly recommend and ask that you download the whole thing and start playing SP with all the way to 1.02 downloaded and installed.

If you have to fully quit out of U4, download/install, and then start playing. I know that can be a pain for people w/o decent internet, but that's for the best experience.

CiC2TeHW0AA_rhR.jpg

nib95

Banned
INCORRECT.

MP is why update 1.01 is so large (~5GB) but there's SP fixes and a ton of SP bonus content. We *strongly* strongly recommend and ask that you download the whole thing and start playing SP with all the way to 1.02 downloaded and installed.

If you have to fully quit out of U4, download/install, and then start playing. I know that can be a pain for people w/o decent internet, but that's for the best experience.

Can you detail the SP fixes and bonus content? Because I just completed the game on 1.01. P.S there's also one consistent bug I found, where if you walk to this spot you automatically die. Thankfully the only such bug I found in my play through. I'll try and dig out which chapter it is.

Edit: Thanks for the screen!

PreFire

Pop the disc in and get hit with a 5GB day one update. Now to wait an extra hour lol

Guess I'll play hitman while I wait.

I lent a friend my uncharted collection for ps4 a few months ago, the prick hasn't given it back, I was playing other games at the time. Do I need to play it before playing this?

Is there a YouTube video that catches me up? Lol

m4st4

It's not hard to see why people would find it boring, though

It is for me, though. Why are you playing this game for the first time, to be in a constant whirlpool of overwhelming action that would surely, eventually, bore you even more, or to discover the characters, soak up the environments and enjoy the pacing as intended by game authors?

I can see it being 'a bore' on a second/third playthrough, and that only if you're not being invested enough for a narrative driven gameplay on that particular day. For example, I stopped re-playing TLOU when my mind wandered instead of being focused on the game.

elfinke

$69 for the disc edition, which is alright. Was going to pick it up tomorrow...

Then I noticed the digital edition on PSN is $79. While I'm hardly jumping over the moon at digital still being this expensive, I am pleasantly surprised at the not-$99 price point. Digital it is!

arne

Can you detail the SP fixes and bonus content? Because I just completed the game on 1.01. P.S there's also one consistent bug I found, where if you walk to this spot you automatically die. Thankfully the only such bug I found in my play through. I'll try and dig out which chapter it is.

Edit: Thanks for the screen!

Some more details on it are likely this week. Our patch notes pages won't be up as planned so looking at a blog post possibly, but scrubbing through the fixes now.

Elixist

i wish there was a way to preload the patch i dont get the disc till tomorrow and servers are going to be partly cloudy im sure.

Anyone managed to redeem the codes from the special/libertalia edition yet?
I tried to redeem it a couple of days ago but it didnt work. Any chance something has changed now that the game is out?

Aspiring

I tried to redeem it a couple of days ago but it didnt work. Any chance something has changed now that the game is out?

Well I tried today when i got mine and it said the code is invalid or no longer available. So im guessing its not up yet. No idea what it is. I got 2 codes. One worked and that had a dynamic theme and some skins and guns. The other i get the above error message.

EDIT: well i must try agaon abviously it changed in the last few hours ; )

And yes i checked they fo indeed work now thanks a lot!

Yup, the codes work now. I had a multi-player code that didn't work but it worked a few hours ago.

Necro900

Here's the
Gaf reference
btw. http://m.imgur.com/r1z1BxP?r
Imagine if that was actually a real post....

That's cool! I didn't really pay attention to the layout of the board.. it does indeed remind of gaf.

You'll be happy to know the message is written in proper italian and it advertises the
crucifix auction
. Quality is on the low side, but you can make out the important details of the body of text.

hughesta

Banned
Played to Chapter 8, off to bed now. Game is incredible, I've loved every second. Can't believe people don't like getting to know the characters and plot. It's a very slow, deliberate pace, but I loved every second.

ENDING SPOILERS
man I kinda assumed that was happening when you get back to crash bandicoot again, but i still smiled when the camera panned out and you saw their teenage daughter. and how sam and sully are alive and well and in their lives. especially sam considering how much i loved those flashbacks and his relationship with nate. very nice ending for the series. so glad nathan or nobody else died and they were able to lead up to this epilogue. damn good finale. best game of the series imo. Uncharted 2 was the bigger shock due to the massive improvement from the first but this game has the best setpieces, best writing/character stuff by far and those visuals...phew

Moosichu

Op/Mod there is something about the title bugging me a lot more than it should. It should be "arse" not "ass", as that is what the character who is being quoted said. They are both distinct words with completely different origins.

/Nitpick

ValeYard

Can someone help me out with the brightness settings in Uncharted 4?

When I go on the display options and then brightness it tells me the usual thing about an "image on the left barely visible" etc. and an image in the right. However, I can't see an image anywhere, but just a brightness bar for adjustment. Am I missing something/tripping balls?

Post just came and my copy didn't arrive :( ShopTo, you are on my shitlist.

Back to steering clear of this and other Uncharted threads for another day...

nib95

Banned
Op/Mod there is something about the title bugging me a lot more than it should. It should be "arse" not "ass", as that is what the character who is being quoted said. They are both distinct words with completely different origins.

/Nitpick

Even according to ND's own subtitles, it's ass.

Admit it

WITHE1982

Great job OP. Nice title choice also.

Played 4 hours last night, made it to the beginning of chapter 8 and I'm loving every minute so far.

I agree with a lot of posters in that while the opening hour isn't as impactive as say The Last Of Us, it does do a tremendous job of setting the tone and giving you a good sense of where the characters are from an emotional standpoint.

I'm playing in moderate but kinda wish I'd started in hard TBH. Not a big concern as I'll be starting a second play-through the second I finish the first.

m4st4

OP title is meh because...

...I'm not missing 'dat arse', Nate is already cheating on Elena way too much in early U4 chapters. :(

nib95

Banned
OT title is meh because...

...I'm not missing 'dat arse', Nate is already cheating on Elena way too much in early U4 chapters. :(

I think it's a play on words taking Chloe's line to refer to us missing Drake's ass instead, what with this being the last game in the franchise. At least that's how I took it. Not that I'll actually miss Drake's ass mind lol. Sure as hell with miss the franchise though.

Top Bottom