• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Uncharted 4: A Thief's End |OT| You're gonna miss this ass

Darknight

I don't know, man. Most people's emotions are a roller coaster. One moment you can be pissed off, but after a brief cooldown it's not hard to start making jokes again. Have you never fought with a significant other before? The feeling I got watching Nathan and Elena work through issues felt so real, that it brought up emotions from my relationships, past and present. I once went through a lengthy breakup after a long term relationship, and even though we were going through a tough time, we would still joke around and have fun on occasion.

This is just another example of Nathan being an "every-man".

I agree with you. The thing is that when you are in a relationship, even when you are like mad at your SO, sometimes you dont show it infront of others.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
I don't know, man. Most people's emotions are a roller coaster. One moment you can be pissed off, but after a brief cooldown it's not hard to start making jokes again. Have you never fought with a significant other before? The feeling I got watching Nathan and Elena work through issues felt so real, that it brought up emotions from my own relationships, past and present. I once went through a lengthy breakup after a long term relationship, and even though we were going through a tough time, we would still joke around and have fun on occasion.

This is just another example of Nathan being an "every-man".

Well said... and I went through the same experience with a SO as well.

I agree with you. The thing is that when you are in a relationship, even when you are like mad at your SO, sometimes you dont show it infront of others.

Yep. It is a sign of maturity.
Winner winner, chicken dinner.

Been there, done that. Joking, affectionate with our friends, hop in our car, could cut the tension with a knife.

Ditto.

Winner winner, chicken dinner.

Been there, done that in past relationships. Joking, affectionate in front of our friends, hop in our car by ourselves and you could cut the tension with a knife.

Crossing Eden

Hello, my name is Yves Guillemot, Vivendi S.A.'s Employee of the Month!
Some well counter arguments against Crossing Eden.

No offense Crossing Eden but if you rarely see Action Movies, thats why you dont get it. If you dont understand why things happen in these flicks, go and watch more. Not everything has to be "realistic". "Oh no Drake just ran over some minority's food stand...someone put a stop to him!! We need to be taught a lesson not do do such things in our world!!" wtf..if something like that is what catches your attention, you are playing the game wrong.
Perhaps because the game goes out of its ways to be much more realistic in tone than the other games even starting with the premise.

Not only that but keeping comparing it to TLOU. Really?
The game wears TLOU's influence on its sleeve. ND cited that game multiple times during development and how it had an effect on the development of UC4 not just from a gameplay standpoint but a narrative one at all. A couple pages back someone even made a joke about this game being Left Behind parts 2-5 and that's not too far off to say especially considering that the quiet moments are one of the biggest influences that TLOU had on this game.

Within the 1st chapter of the game, Joel's daughter dies. Its a totally different game/experience from the get go. ND did kind of fool everyone with "A Thief's End" title of the U4 but it would of been un-Uncharted like for the franchise to end with a MC's death be it Sully,Elena or Drake. Even at the end, the player wouldn't like to see Sam die because by looking at Drake's own reaction, you know he loves the dude dearly and it would have crushed Drake emotionally. Like that's something you wouldn't want to end the franchise at.
It would've crushed Drake emotionally but it also would've been a very good wake up call for both him and the player about the risks of pursuing the life style and going so far for something so trivial. Even more so because unlike with Sully it would've been a real death, of someone very close to Drake, not some dude named Jeff, not Charlie breaking his leg, but someone very close to him. The problem with Sam is that Jo matter his actions it would've all been very cliche but I wouldve preferred bittersweet tons title named a Thief's End over a retread of action movie tropes

Also the end of TLOU is great in that its sorta open for interpretation. Since its a totally different tone, it has maybe a "more mature" ending. Did Joel screw humanity? What if Fireflies did find a cure but kept it for them only for the rest to rot and suffer? Would have been for nothing and Joel would have lost another daughter. Fuck, I'd do the same and try to save those who we really love in such a world as its fucked beyond repair.
The message behind TLOU is much more clear, (and straight up gives the player a lot of urgency in small but incredibly relevant decisions). That's part of why it's good despite how much it follows tropes. The message was much less self indulgent despite being about what would the viewer do in the shoes of Joel while simultaneously mocking the self indulgent parts of it by putting the player outside of the shoes of Joel.
D... Do you think people are that one dimensional? That showing that people care about each other still, means that they have no problems? Just because they show to still be comfortable and loving to each other, doesn't mean they're suddenly forgiven.
I think it would've given Elena more depth and development if she let go of Nate for good this time instead of being part of the reward.
They're more mature than to be spiteful and yelling at each other constantly. Also Elena's actions during the island makes the ending make far more sense. She's enjoying the adventure, even if she wouldn't admit it. Which makes her actions at the end, when she buys the salvaging company and they plan on going on adventures legally.
I already stated how I felt about Elena missing the adventure too being the evolution of her being used for the trope where the protagonist lies to his wife.

Ach mein Gott. The horror.
She offers to take in her brother-in-law and promised him that she'll take care of her husband. This truly is a step too far. Clearly, they have erased all sense of tension! People can't be multidimensional, caring about someone and joking with them yet still being upset or tense! That's just inhuman!
Name any moment after that that even remotely implies that the tension between them is still there besides "We have a lot to talk about."
Do you have nothing to add but passive aggressive sarcasm btw? Because it's cringeworthy.

I don't know, man. Most people's emotions are a roller coaster. One moment you can be pissed off, but after a brief cooldown it's not hard to start making jokes again.

When I was a kid and fought with my dad, I would always go to be thinking inane shit like "I'll never forgive you for this!" and then the next morning I've already gotten over it. It's a natural human thing to not meander around in one emotion.

Name any moment after that that even remotely implies that the tension between them is still there besides "We have a lot to talk about."
I'm supposed to name a moment after the penultimate cutscene of the game? Lol.

If you can't understand the complexity of human emotions and relationships, that's really on you. Watch the cutscene, the tension is there.

Edit: for the sake of argument, I just rewatched the second half of the cutscene
after the timeskip, and the tension is still there even in what seems to be a fairly joyful event. They're still not back to normal then, they're still not perfect.

Jennipeg

Do you have nothing to add but passive aggressive sarcasm btw? Because it's cringeworthy.

Why besides that? That is the answer so why exclude it? To prove you right? It's an acknowledgement that there are a lot of issues to deal with. The relief after the adventure means they are joking around and being casual, but that one line hints at the larger picture.

Crossing Eden

I'm supposed to name a moment after the penultimate cutscene of the game? Lol.

If you can't understand the complexity of human emotions and relationships, that's really on you. Watch the cutscene, the tension is there.
There are more cutscenes after way more cutscenes after that one moment. It's nowhere near the penultimate cutscene of the game. I'm talking a bout the one I provided a link to as the end of any perceived tension between those two.

Why besides that? That is the answer so why exclude it? To prove you right? It's an acknowledgement that there are a lot of issues to deal with. The relief after the adventure means they are joking around and being casual, but that one line hints at the larger picture.
That's not any sort of answer at all, that's about as vague as
I followed the sound of gunfire.
As in there's no bigger picture there. Especially considering the next scene everything is fine and dandy.

magawolaz

Anyone see this yet?
lgw4RUe.jpg
hahahaha
Amazing

There are more cutscenes after way more cutscenes after that one moment. It's nowhere near the penultimate cutscene of the game. I'm talking a bout the one I provided a link to as the end of any perceived tension between those two.
You seriously think the tension ends after
her faking her death?

You're off your rocker if you honestly believe that. I mean, if you just read a plain script of the dialogue that happens, maybe you could believe such nonsense. But if you actually pay attention to line delivery, body language and facial animation, you'd know there's still tension.

I mean, sure, let's ignore the dialogue line that definitively states there's still tension, and sure you're right. What a way to approach critique!
As in there's no bigger picture there. Especially considering the next scene everything is fine and dandy.
It's not.

Jennipeg

We have no idea how much time passes between
the taxi ride, and the cutscene with Elena buying the company. It wasn't an overnight thing. That cutscene could have been weeks after, they could have been having storming arguments for all we know. That is open to interpretation. Do you really need this spelt out in this way? What would you need them to do in order to show the issues to your satisfaction? It's implied, that is enough. Besides, even that last scene is part of the healing process. If everything was fine, Elena wouldn't have needed to buy the company for them would she? They would have carried on as normal, but they didn't, things needed to change, and the epilogue shows that they did.

I think that boiling down the
purchase cutscene to some "happy" or "fine and dandy" sequence does it a disservice. There's clearly still a subtext of tension and struggle.
the taxi ride, and the cutscene with Elena buying the company. It wasn't an overnight thing. That cutscene could have been weeks after, they could have been having storming arguments for all we know. That is open to interpretation. Do you really need this spelt out in this way? What would you need them to do in order to show the issues to your satisfaction? It's implied, that is enough. Besides, even that last scene is part of the healing process. If everything was fine, Elena wouldn't have needed to buy the company for them would she? They would have carried on as normal, but they didn't, things needed to change, and the epilogue shows that they did.
Exactly.

Crossing Eden

You seriously think the tension ends after
her faking her death?

You're off your rocker if you honestly believe that. I mean, if you just read a plain script of the dialogue that happens, maybe you could believe such nonsense. But if you actually pay attention to line delivery, body language and facial animation, you'd know there's still tension.
Again, point out any moment where this is evident aside from that one line that's completely at odds with her behavior in that scene and every following scene in the game. It's not there man.

That cutscene ends in the same way that every other UC game ends where they're holding each other and quipping, specifically about Crash Bandicoot to transition into the next segment. Everything in that scene is fine and dandy as hell and it's really not open to interpretation or implied that she hasn't completely forgiven him for everything or that there's any tension whatsoever in their relationship.

Edit: for the sake of argument, I just rewatched the second half of the cutscene
after the timeskip, and the tension is still there even in what seems to be a fairly joyful event. They're still not back to normal then, they're still not perfect.

I was going to mention this.
Elena buys the company where Nathan works, and you can definitely feel that there's still tension between them. The game doesn't spell it out for you, it's all in the performance. The tension is subtle, but it's there.

I guess some people need emotions to be explicitly expressed for it to make sense.

Keihart

it's so cool how this game has managed to wrap up so many thing from the franchise, they really put effort on tiying the whole thing together with this one, it is truly a conclusion for the saga.

Jyrii

Banned
Just finished the game. After Amy Hennig leaving Naughty Dog and the delays, I was quite sceptical. But I think I ended up liking Uncharted 4 even more than 2, which is one of my favorite console games ever.

My only gripes are occationally crappy controls (Nate not doing what I wanted him to do) and the Avery story. The story wasn't that interesting to me and lacked any interesting twists. Luckily the relationships between the characters were handled really well.

The set pieces were great. The jeep part especially was awesome. But the slow scenes
normal life with Elena, Sam and Nate entering the house and Cassie
are what really made me like the game.

Again, point out any moment where this is evident aside from that one line that's completely at odds with her behavior in that scene and every following scene in the game. It's not there man.
You seem to be demanding that someone give you a specific timepoint on a YouTube video where you can hear some line of dialogue distinctly stating some tensions.

But instead the writing and acting is actually way more nuanced than that. That would actually be pretty bland writing to be so upfront, and instead the tensions are worn on the facial expressions they make and in the way they deliver lines.
I was going to mention this.
Elena buys the company where Nathan works, and you can definitely feel that there's still tension between them. The game doesn't spell it out for you, it's all in the performance. The tension is subtle, but it's there.

I guess some people need emotions to be explicitly expressed for it to make sense.
100%

benny_a

extra source of jiggaflops
But instead the writing and acting is actually way more nuanced than that. That would actually be pretty bland writing to be so upfront, and instead the tensions are worn on the facial expressions they make and in the way they deliver lines.
If a scene doesn't make sense with faceless protagonists then it's not good writing.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
I've only experienced problems with reviving in the multiplayer Savior trial. But that challenge is broken anyway

Ah, it was during trials when I was having trouble. The reloading issue also seemed to mostly be when I was in the midst of moving in and out of aiming. Maybe the animation has to complete first before it triggers, which is annoying.

If a scene doesn't make sense with faceless protagonists then it's not good writing.
...what?

This isn't a faceless medium, so who cares about a silly hypothetical with "faceless protagonists." If you were reading the actual script, I'm sure it has all kind of annotations about the nuance of the characters.

And worth noting of course that I said the voice acting give a hint towards the tension. By all means, just listen to those cutscenes without watching the acting (dumb, but whatever). The tension is still there.

Crossing Eden

You seem to be demanding that someone give you a specific timepoint on a YouTube video where you can hear some line of dialogue distinctly stating some tensions.

But instead the writing and acting is actually way more nuanced than that. That would actually be pretty bland writing and instead the tensions are worn on the facial expressions they make and in the way they deliver lines.
the issue is that you're seeing something that quite clearly not there. The acting is not so nuanced that only a subset of people who understand acting can feel the tension you keep saying shit like read the expression, and just to make sure I watched the scene literally ten seconds ago, Elena is straight up smiling the entire time until she says that she missed the adventure, and then she goes back to smiling while Nate shows confusion and surprise, there's ZERO tension whatsoever during that scene. They're speaking to each other in the same tone that they speak during the epilogue and during Chapter 4.

Crossing Eden

My favorite part of every discussion ever is when people decide to stop discussing and start resorting to trolling, it's almost like a fascinating defense mechanism for when someone has jackshit to add to a discussion.

EDIT:Trying to understand what's being said here, are you referring to the dialogue itself or is this another ACU joke like someone reaffirmed on the last page, if it's the formers apologies for the above text because I'm absolutely fed up with that happening whenever I enter a discussion.

the issue is that you're seeing something that quite clearly not there. The acting is not so nuanced that only a subset of people who understand acting can feel the tension you keep saying shit like read the expression, and just to make sure I watched the scene literally ten seconds ago, Elena is straight up smiling the entire time until she says that she missed the adventure, and then she goes back to smiling while Nate shows confusion and surprise, there's ZERO tension whatsoever during that scene.

Obviously the scene didn't work for you. It worked for a lot (most?) people but it didn't click for you. There is nothing anyone can say or do to make you understand how we felt as the scene unfolded; you can't do anything to make us who felt something, feel nothing.

My favorite part of every discussion ever is when people decide to stop discussing and start resorting to trolling, it's almost like a fascinating defense mechanism for when someone has jackshit to add to a discussion.
Who's trolling?

Edit - Ah, I see. I think he was criticizing UC4. Not an Ubi game.

Daft Punk

Banned
I think a scene people are forgetting is when
Drake tells Elena that he didn't tell her about anything because he knew that he had broken their promise that they were done with this life. He was afraid of losing her by having her get involved with the whole adventure and to protect himself from being hurt, he'd rather just not involve her at all. The look that Elena gives him right after had to be one of the most realistic animations I've ever seen. It reminded me of Joel lying to Ellie and how she knew he was lying, but chose to accept it. I don't think Elena thought Nate was lying, but she was definitely still feeling emotional about the whole thing and hearing it straight from Nate's mouth just opened up the wound all over again.
I'm not seeing how them joking about stuff towards the end of the game means there is no tension there. You would have to be extremely naive to believe so.

benny_a

extra source of jiggaflops
Where did I even start discussing?

Are you confusing the protagonists in this story?

EDIT:Trying to understand what's being said here, are you referring to the dialogue itself or is this another ACU joke like someone reaffirmed on the last page, if it's the formers apologies for the above text because I'm absolutely fed up with that happening whenever I enter a discussion.
If I wanted to participate in your argument then I would LOL at you giving yourself the right to say that only certain aspects of a scene count and others do not, based purely on your say.

the issue is that you're seeing something that quite clearly not there. The acting is not so nuanced that only a subset of people who understand acting can feel the tension you keep saying shit like read the expression, and just to make sure I watched the scene literally ten seconds ago, Elena is straight up smiling the entire time until she says that she missed the adventure, and then she goes back to smiling while Nate shows confusion and surprise, there's ZERO tension whatsoever during that scene.
Have you never heard of the concept of a tense smile?

It's not like she was beaming a genuine Duchenne smile all the way through that scene
They're speaking to each other in the same tone that they speak during the epilogue and during Chapter 4.
Oh, so it was like the chapter that exhibited genuine love and sweetness with an undercurrent of tension and uneasiness?

I totally agree.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member

It's not like she was beaming a genuine Duchenne smile all the way through that scene

Oh, so it was like the chapter that exhibited genuine love and sweetness with an undercurrent of tension and uneasiness?

I totally agree.

So much this, lol.

Crossing Eden

Obviously the scene didn't work for you. It worked for a lot (most?) people but it didn't click for you. There is nothing anyone can say or do to make you understand how we felt as the scene unfolded; you can't do anything to make us who felt something, feel nothing.

Who's trolling?
What that guy is proposing is completely at odds with what's happening in screen. Especially since he specifically said "read the expressions and tone" When they're the same expressions and tone as in the beginning of the game unlike
the chapters after she finds him. Look at the way she says, "With you I bet it's not everything but it's...a lot." Or any of her mannerisms in that entire chapter even as Drake tries to quip. She doesn't even show any signs of forgiveness when she straight up just says "We have a lot of ground to cover" THATS tension, it was palpable. The scenes after she fakes her death however, nothing like that at all, not even close. Quite the opposite in fact.

I think a scene people are forgetting is when
Drake tells Elena that he didn't tell her about anything because he knew that he had broken their promise that they were done with this life. He was afraid of losing her by having her get involved with the whole adventure and to protect himself from being hurt, he'd rather just not involve her at all. The look that Elena gives him right after had to be one of the most realistic animations I've ever seen. It reminded me of Joel lying to Ellie and how she knew he was lying, but chose to accept it. I don't think Elena thought Nate was lying, but she was definitely still feeling emotional about the whole thing and hearing it straight from Nate's mouth just opened up the wound all over again.
I'm not seeing how them joking about stuff towards the end of the game means there is no tension there. You would have to be extremely naive to believe so.
She knew he was lying. He was lying about being in Malaysia, that scene was the culmination of all the tension felt in that chapter because Drake kept trying to quip and even an apology didn't away her. I would've preferred if they stuck with that through the end.

I thought it was great. What difficulty did you play on out of interest?

Moderate, for me it was really dull and monotonous. I think my game glitched as well
cause at one point Rafe fell on the ground seemingly dead, then the game faded to black and seemed to reset the fight

Crossing Eden

Where did I even start discussing?

Are you confusing the protagonists in this story?

If I wanted to participate in your argument then I would LOL at you giving yourself the right to say that only certain aspects of a scene count and others do not, based purely on your say.
Read the edit. And where did I say that the it's only up to my day? Where did I even imply that?

I totally agree.
Dude, there's no tense smile there, unless you're proposing that the ending has tension as well, it's literally the same tone as chapter 4 AND THE EPILOGUE, which is what I said in that post. She was constantly smiling trying hiding her excitement, look at the way her mouth moves when she mentions getting her show back. She's ecstatic. We have a chapter dedicated to the player feeling the tension between them and it's literally the complete opposite of what's being said.

Read the edit. And where did I say that the it's only up to my day? Where did I even imply that?

Dude, there's no tense smile there, unless you're proposing that the ending has tension as well, it's literally the same tone as chapter 4 AND THE EPILOGUE, which is what I said in that post. She was constantly smiling trying hiding her excitement, look at the way her mouth moves when she mentions getting her show back. She's ecstatic. We have a chapter dedicated to the player feeling the tension between them and it's literally the complete opposite of what's being said.
It is akin to Chapter 4, you're right. I agreed with that. Because that's a chapter filled with sweetness and love but also tension and anxiety. You know, the complexity of human relationships. The mere fact that the event in the cutscene takes place is enough to inform you of lingering tensions and that things aren't "fine and dandy."

As for the epilogue, nah.

Darknight

Perhaps because the game goes out of its ways to be much more realistic in tone than the other games even starting with the premise.

I still dont buy the "well it looks realistic so it should behave exactly like real life". Here is why. Even in movies/films that are made in our reality, they behave unrealistic.

You have can have a "serious" in tone film done but still have some unrealistic characteristics to sell a character, scene or setting. The only thing that is 100% authentic tends to be documentaries. (as long as they arent biased or shot in a way to deceive people or groups)

This is why the whole "Drake is a mass murderer" thing falls flat on its face because even in our films that are shot with real human actors, the character they play have unrealistic features. How am I supposed to believe that Indiana Jones is a college teacher when he travels and kills people? I know why, because its a movie meant to not be taken like literal gospel. Just like that, why does Drake get away with it? Oh yea its a gaming mechanic and has me doing something that 99% of the audience likes.

The game wears TLOU's influence on its sleeve. ND cited that game multiple times during development and how it had an effect on the development of UC4 not just from a gameplay standpoint but a narrative one at all. A couple pages back someone even made a joke about this game being Left Behind parts 2-5 and that's not too far off to say especially considering that the quiet moments are one of the biggest influences that TLOU had on this game.

TLOU is TLOU and Uncharted is Uncharted. Whether ND took some stuff they learnt from their last game doesnt mean Uncharted is going to become a survival horror game with the cast dying left and right.

That's what ND was saying. They took what they found that worked well in TLOU and injected some of it to U4. Did it work for the best? Maybe. Its debatable as some feel some sections suffered from it. Still, Uncharted remains what it always was, a action like adventure with a plot spreading over the world looking for treasure. Based on the original teaser, I think the story might have been alittle more "dark" as you get the feeling Sam was out for revenge. Given the fact it has reviewed really well, ND did the perfect mix of old school Uncharted adventure with good injection of TLOU experience into it.

I personally believe that killing some of the cast in U4 would havebeen a little bad in taste assuming this would be the last official ND Uncharted game. Like did you really want ND to go out in a "bang" with all the player throwbacks (easter eggs,MP skins of old cast, "One last time" adventures with main 3 characters) in this game and then in a sour note of "RIP Nate" or whoever just to satisfy some weird "Well it should be like TLOU depressing" mentality? Its like the polar opposite and I am glad Nate got his story closed like it did in the prologue. I think 99% of Uncharted fans agree.

It would've crushed Drake emotionally but it also would've been a very good wake up call for both him and the player about the risks of pursuing the life style and going so far for something so trivial. Even more so because unlike with Sully it would've been a real death, of someone very close to Drake, not some dude named Jeff, not Charlie breaking his leg, but someone very close to him. The problem with Sam is that Jo matter his actions it would've all been very cliche but I wouldve preferred bittersweet tons title named a Thief's End over a retread of action movie tropes

Actually this is touched upon in the story. Like Nate literally tells Sam its not worth the risk. (this is after finding out that it was all a lie and Sam wasnt in Danger from Alcazar) Not only that but the "sub-story" with Evelyn, who worked with Drake's mom, is a reflection of what Nate would end up as if he kept it up....sad and lonely. Plus the Pirate's own letters reflect a horrible experience trying to get the wealth and riches. They all end up dying somewhere.

So Nate did get his wake up call from U3. He only joined in when he learned about his brother and his lie. Doesnt mean he didnt secretly like it but then that is solved when Elena and him go the legal method of looking for treasures. Since Sam was in prison for 15 yrs, he didnt realize how risky it is to looking for these lost treasures so it can be said Nate has past that realization and Sam has not thus teaming with Rafe/Nadine. (actually he must of know but he wasnt "satisfied" so he still wanted to risk it all, again. Ignoring he had been shot and incarcerated - Nate not willing to risk losing his family Elena and Sully)

Anyways a death from the main cast wouldnt have made for a good closure to the series. The way it has been ended is like the prefect way to rap up Nate's story and perfect send off for the series.

I do hope that if Sony brings it back, its a reboot. No Drake or Cassie.

Robiin

Just finished. Man what a great game. I didn't care for the gameplay in the last few chapters, especially the epilouge - but the writing/dialouge/acting is so high above most games it's ridiculous.

Crossing Eden

It is akin to Chapter 4, you're right. I agreed with that. Because that's a chapter filled with sweetness and love but also tension and anxiety. You know, the complexity of human relationships. The mere fact that the event in the cutscene takes place is enough to inform you of lingering tensions and that things aren't "fine and dandy."

As for the epilogue, nah.
Stop ignoring the part where I also stated the epilogue. That's the biggest hole in your argument atm. How about you listen to all three audio only. Especially the last two.

Stop ignoring the part where I also stated the epilogue. That's the biggest hole in your argument atm. How about you listen to all three audio only. Especially the last two.
Oh you want me to stop ignoring something? Ironic.

Anyhow, there isnt't a hole. Chapter 4 and the purchase cutscene are similar in tone.

The epilogue is not like them.

mstevens

So I have crushing, speedster, sharpshooter, mini game high score, and sword master trophies done... Any other harder skill intensive ones? I like to get those out of the way first and then casually look for all the treasures.

Jennipeg

I personally believe that killing some of the cast in U4 would havebeen a little bad in taste assuming this would be the last official ND Uncharted game. Like did you really want ND to go out in a "bang" with all the player throwbacks (easter eggs,MP skins of old cast, "One last time" adventures with main 3 characters) in this game and then in a sour note of "RIP Nate" or whoever just to satisfy some weird "Well it should be like TLOU depressing" mentality? Its like the polar opposite and I am glad Nate got his story closed like it did in the prologue. I think 99% of Uncharted fans agree

This is how I feel too, people were talking about Drake needing punishment a few pages back, I honestly think the only way to do that (outside of the personal turmoil, which I think is punishment enough)
would be to kill off Elena, out of the whole cast Elena is the most innocent in all of the adventures. Losing his wife would hit Nate hardest. But how cliche is that? To kill off the woman to further develop the male protagonist. Even the masterpiece TLOU falls into that trap.
Also this would be the point I put down the controller and said fuck you ND. I just don't want to see it.

SomTervo

Don't get all the "climbing was just spamming X" complaints.

Like yeah. Sure. You can just spam X if you want.

But I enjoyed directing his hands and clambering around manually. Just watching the animations was satisfying as fuck, almost to a therapeutic extent. So, so, absurdly well animated.

theaface

So I have crushing, speedster, sharpshooter, mini game high score, and sword master trophies done... Any other harder skill intensive ones? I like to get those out of the way first and then casually look for all the treasures.

Getting through chapters 13 and 14 with no enemy kills is a decent challenge.

Top Bottom