• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Uncharted 4: A Thief's End |OT| You're gonna miss this ass

First chest and I get Chloe. Yay !

13116320_10201877266769215_6684105057157665162_o.jpg

played 5 hours so far, it definitely feels slower compared to the other games, especially 2 which had almost perfect pacing.

and i noticed that there's been a lot of climbing around than usual and not much shooting so far.

It seems that my console doesn't like Uncharted. :(
First, I couldn't play multiplayer beta and it gave me error CE-34878-0. And now it happens for the final game and it crashes 4 times in the first level with same error.
Please help me... :((

aravuus

Goddamn it, I keep missing tons of treasures, already missed like half and I'm only on chapter 6. Maybe I'll just play normally and come back to the treasures with a guide after finishing the game.

I'm up to chapter 10 and loving every second of it. My only complaint (and it's not really a big issue at all) is very slight pauses every now and then and fairly big frame dips, especially in chapters 8 and 9. Other than those minor quibbles, game is, so far, one of the best I've ever had the pleasure of playing.

I'm up to chapter 10 and loving every second of it. My only complaint (and it's not really a big issue at all) is very slight pauses every now and then and fairly big frame dips, especially in chapters 8 and 9. Other than those minor quibbles, game is, so far, one of the best I've ever had the pleasure of playing.

Hmm.. that shouldn't be happening past the first two chapters (the pauses).

Are you playing off disc or download? Try rebuilding your PS4 database.

Gurish

How the hell there are so much detail, the screen is full with stuff and yet the IQ is so clean?
ND got to share their tech with every first party dev (wish third as well but that's not gonna happen)

Couldn't play for too long but the start was great, was really hard to put the controller away, I kind of want to take it slow, ND game is an event that unfortunately not happens too often.

ah man this is great, just got past the E3 section and man it's been amazing i need to stop for now but i just dont want to stop

also how the hell does the game look this good, like i cant find any problems with its visuals, i'm willing to almost say it looks perfect

ValeYard

Could someone have a look at the brightness settings for me? I can't see the images I'm supposed to use to adjust. Am I tripping?

The steelbook looks great but it annoys me that the text on the package is nordic. I'm considering selling it when I'm done and getting the uk version instead. Is that weird? lol

I think I like this game more than TLoU, and considering that's my favourite ND game, I'd say that's high praise indeed. I wonder if it could squeeze its way into my top ten favourite games by the time the end credits start scrolling.

Seriously though, this combat is a huge step up from previous entries. HUGE! The vastly improved stealth mechanics contribute so much overall.

m4st4

The steelbook looks great but it annoys me that the text on the package is nordic. I'm considering selling it when I'm done and getting the uk version instead. Is that weird? lol

It is weird. I think. I just want to touch it lol... Amazon says 'soon'.

Gurish

I think I like this game more than TLoU, and considering that's my favourite ND game, I'd say that's high praise indeed. I wonder if it could squeeze its way into my top ten favourite games by the time the end credits start scrolling.

Seriously though, this combat is a huge step up from previous entries. HUGE! The vastly improved stealth mechanics contribute so much overall.

Don't know about U4 but how can it be that TLoU is not in your top 10!?

SomTervo

It seems that my console doesn't like Uncharted. :(
First, I couldn't play multiplayer beta and it gave me error CE-34878-0. And now it happens for the final game and it crashes 4 times in the first level with same error.
Please help me... :((

Take the panel off and give it a good dust? Clean out the "cache" or whatever it's called?

Zaki2407

Can I play directly without downloading the patches?
My internet is baaaaaad....
Not instrested in the MP though. Just want to dive in the SP.

Don't know about U4 but how can it be that TLoU is not in your top 10!?

Well, because there are 17 or 18 games out there that I consider to be better than TLoU I suppose!

Plus Uncharted's globe-trotting escapades are much more appealing to me than TLoU's grimdark post-apocalyptic horror anyway. I mean, my two favourite films are Raiders of the Lost Ark and The Last Crusade.

Well, because there are 17 or 18 games out there that I consider to be better than TLoU I suppose!

Plus Uncharted's globe-trotting escapades are much more appealing to me than TLoU's grimdark post-apocalyptic horror anyway. I mean, my two favourite films are Raiders of the Lost Ark and The Last Crusade.

Same for me .
From what i play so far U4 will easily over take TLOU .

Bunta

Fujiwara Tofu Shop
What the fuck. My bundle is supposedly about 50 miles from me but just saw a notification there's a carrier delay...

c8KCiuL.gif

Sigh. I preloaded the game, but I guess that was only 12 GB of it. Which might as well have been none of it.

Seven hours later, it's only 3/4ths the way installed and downloading at about .001 GB per minute.

Only 87 hours left, if the timer is to believed.

WITHE1982

Goddamn it, I keep missing tons of treasures, already missed like half and I'm only on chapter 6. Maybe I'll just play normally and come back to the treasures with a guide after finishing the game.

100% collectables guide: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8_Crp9MXS7A

Good idea to save it for your second play-through. I know how much treasure hunting can hurt the pacing of these games.

I don't know what I'm more excited about.

My birthday, or going home and playing uncharted tonight?

first world problems.

Happy Birthday dude. It's mine today as well.

Can't wait to finish work to jump back into the game. It's looks like it may will eclipse the previous 3 entries for me.

Been playing for 7 hours since it unlocked and forcing myself to put it down for now.

Fanfuckingtastic so far. My only regret is having watched the extended E3 demo. Woulda been ever more amazing if I hadn't known what was coming, but it was still great. I just finished that part. Off to bed!

Hey guys, wanna get a real kick?

Go into customization in Multiplayer, choose Nate and open the Bio (Triangle). Then go through the pictures in order of the games.

The difference is just ..........

Naughty Gods indeed.

aravuus

100% collectables guide: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8_Crp9MXS7A

Save it for your second play-through though. I know how much treasure hunting can hurt the pacing of these games.

Awesome, that's exactly what I had in mind! I stopped looking for treasure altogether an hour ago for the exact reason you stated - the pacing suffered considerably. They aren't particularly interesting collectables either, just random 3D models with no flavor text or dialogue.

But yeah, bookmarked for later use. Now I can enjoy the story to its fullest on my first playthrough, and I really am enjoying it, more than I was expecting to.

e: also happy birthday!

Top Bottom