• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Uncharted 4: A Thief's End |OT| You're gonna miss this ass

WITHE1982

Awesome, that's exactly what I had in mind! I stopped looking for treasure altogether an hour ago for the exact reason you stated - the pacing suffered considerably. They aren't particularly interesting collectables either, just random 3D models with no flavor text or dialogue.

But yeah, bookmarked for later use. Now I can enjoy the story to its fullest on my first playthrough, and I really am enjoying it, more than I was expecting to.

e: also happy birthday!

Thanks man. Glad I could help.

kyser73

Holy fuck at
Sam's prison break. What a masterclass in build & acceleration with a great finale!

Combat is sooooo gooooooodddddddd.

This game is soooo goooooooooddddddd

Hmm.. that shouldn't be happening past the first two chapters (the pauses).

Are you playing off disc or download? Try rebuilding your PS4 database.

The pauses were early on. You're right there. They haven't happened beyond the first hour or so. The frame rate dips were pretty severe ch 8 @ 9. They're probably on par with the xbone version of Tomb Raider 2... I'm playing off disc.

Just got the SE, Amazon UK and Royal Mail did not fail me on release day. Installed and downloading 1.02, so glad I updated to fiber broadband though with this patch... 25 mins and I'll be ready to play with my new Blue Grey DualShock 4.

The pauses were early on. You're right there. They haven't happened beyond the first hour or so. The frame rate dips were pretty severe ch 8 @ 9. They're probably on par with the xbone version of Tomb Raider 2... I'm playing off disc.

Interesting. Not sure what caused that as I don't recall seeing any noteworthy dips outside a couple of explosions.

I'd still give the rebuild a try (that's what I did after encountering the pauses).

noomi

TODAYS THE DAY!

Going to pickup my copy during lunch break and then (if lucky) I can play tonight. Beat all 3 games over the past month to refresh my memory.

Any idea about the length of the game? 15+ hours?

TODAYS THE DAY!

Going to pickup my copy during lunch break and then (if lucky) I can play tonight. Beat all 3 games over the past month to refresh my memory.

Any idea about the length of the game? 15+ hours?
Took me 13 hours on Hard. People seem to be reporting that length. Somewhere between 13-18.

nib95

Banned
Has anyone given Crushing a go yet? I'm tempted. Can't decide between Hard or Crushing for this second play through.

Tevious

WTF... I just booted the game and my PS4 turned into a jet engine. Never heard it get that loud before. Closed the game and it calmed down. That was just the menu too! Now I'm afraid to even start the game cause my PS4 might explode!

WTF... I just booted the game and my PS4 turned into a jet engine. Never heard it get that loud before. Closed the game and it calmed down. That was just the menu too! Now I'm afraid to even start the game cause my PS4 might explode!

Mine does the same. Proper takes off like an Airbus when I start the game

Z3M0G

First chest and I get Chloe. Yay !

Are there a lot of characters to collect this way? What's cool / not cool is they will likely add more, especially if there is the chance to make extra $$ off gambling for them. Maybe they will bring in some non-Uncharted characters for fun.

foxbeldin

If it's the same as the beta : The framerate in the menu is unlocked which causes this side effect.
I wonder why they didn't patch it.

Footos22

Holy fuck at
Sam's prison break. What a masterclass in build & acceleration with a great finale!

Combat is sooooo gooooooodddddddd.

This game is soooo goooooooooddddddd

Didn't think much of the shooting in that part.

the first big shootout near the end of chapter 7 is amazing though. the graphics the feedback, the fluidity. its a thing of beauty.

When you preload the game and take the day off of work to play Uncharted 4 and find it hasn't finished its 12GB download after 7 hours and 42 minutes.

M3r3Mi1h.jpg

This will be mentioned repeatedly in my suicide note.

Vire

When you preload the game and take the day off of work to play Uncharted 4 and find it hasn't finished its 12GB download after 7 hours and 42 minutes.

M3r3Mi1h.jpg

This will be mentioned repeatedly in my suicide note.
Pause and start your download again.

It shouldnt take 52 hours for little amount of data.

Could someone have a look at the brightness settings for me? I can't see the images I'm supposed to use to adjust. Am I tripping?

There's only the bars and you don't see them?

I'm not a fan of this kind of brightness setting to be honest. I can lower it all the way down and still see the bars but thats way too dark.

Just left it at default.

Timurse

Banned
Played first chapter yesterday and started the second. I made 45 screenshots so far.
The game is like wow I don't have any more words to describe it for now before my feelings settle down.
PS. Photomode is a blast.

I think if it is at menu ...thats just an indicator of uncapped Frame Rate ....

Yup my thoughts too. Although I had an issue with my ps4 where the thermal paste wasn't applied properly (at all tbf) so I had to take my ps4 apart and re-apply, and it's been whisper quiet since MGSV release (that was when I made the repair). But it seems Uncharted 4 has broken the seal or quietness lol.

Ugh, this is going to be the longest day of work ever. I just want to go pick up Uncharted and play!
No kidding. I leave work early for an eye appointment, which will at least be a distraction. Ultimately though, I'm stoked to play it and just want it to be evening already! I've been on complete media blackoutwhen it comes to this game, so I hope it's good (I'm sure it will be my GOTY).

Vire

Ashamed to admit I fell asleep before 12 struck last night and didn't get to play. (Monday's are hard b)

Today is going to be the longest work day of all time.

Up all night playing. I see the sun rising, but I can't get to sleep. I'm too amped up, I haven't enjoyed a game like this since TLOU.

I wonder if I should just play some MP and resign myself to sleeping all day...

cerulily

well got my game early and started at 3pm last night. and just beat it. What a fantastic and thoroughly satisfying game. Completely makes up for any and all shortcomings of 3.

Fardeen

this game is great, but there is way too much pushing grates, sliding gets repetitive, and sometimes it just annoys you that drake could have used his grapple instead of pushing a crate,

later in a section drake gets seperated with sully and elena in the final moments while pushing a truck , once drake is on top it shows a cutscene without his rope, in the nexdt section it shows him with his rope, he could easily have thrown his rope to grab sully and elena, its a sloppy plot hole, same as there's so many ships crashed in madagasgar, some plane must be bound to see it.

Top Bottom