• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Uncharted 4: A Thief's End |OT| You're gonna miss this ass

BigTnaples

Todd Howard's Secret GAF Account
Sooo, Amazon is still saying it will be delivered before 8pm tomorrow.

If i go and buy it from Target or Best buy, then return my amazon copy with the receipt when it arrives, will that work?

Shipping tomorrow

giphy.gif

Why amazon? Why?

jiggles

Banned
There's only the bars and you don't see them?

I'm not a fan of this kind of brightness setting to be honest. I can lower it all the way down and still see the bars but thats way too dark.

Just left it at default.

The settings page specifically mentions an image on the left and one on the right, but there are no images. I figured because I couldn't see anything my TV was just a shade too low.

I ended up playing the first 5 chapters with the brightness blown the fuck out as a result, and judging by some of these screenshots (like this one)

BahamutPT said:
Nice to see they still have
Jak and Daxter
easter eggs - http://i.imgur.com/KFjwfbi.jpg

loads of people are playing with completely wrong brightness settings.

I can't imagine the lighting guys are thrilled at this goof. Shit, Drake had ginger fucking hair for me, which I was waiting for him to "grow out of". It was like he was going through a phase in chapter 2.

Kookos

Anyone else experiencing screen tearing and "ghost effects"? I have a pretty bad case over here... Here's some direct feed and off-screen footage for comparison.

I'm starting to feel that my TV's at fault. I have a Samsung UE48H6400 48", and it has worked wonderfully until Uncharted 4.

Playing with the
toy gun in Nate's attic
brought a massive smile to my face. Then the scene with
the two of them eating dinner together and just being a couple.
Just brilliant.

Edit: my Libertalia Edition just arrived!

The settings page specifically mentions an image on the left and one on the right, but there are no images. I figured because I couldn't see anything my TV was just a shade too low.

I ended up playing the first 5 chapters with the brightness blown the fuck out as a result, and judging by some of these screenshots (like this one)

I can't imagine the lighting guys are thrilled at this goof. Shit, Drake had ginger fucking hair for me, which I was waiting for him to "grow out of". It was like he was going through a phase in chapter 2.

Really? I don't remember that. Maybe take a PNG screenshot of it and check it on your computer.

Spizz

Banned
No kidding. I leave work early for an eye appointment, which will at least be a distraction. Ultimately though, I'm stoked to play it and just want it to be evening already! I've been on complete media blackoutwhen it comes to this game, so I hope it's good (I'm sure it will be my GOTY).
Nice, last thing I saw was the end of Sony's E3 conference. I've been staying away from trailers and such since then. We've waited this long, we can manage a few more hours. :p

slade

Had to go into work this morning at 6. So like any other gamer suffering from hype, I got up at 2:30 AM to play through the game. Being so invested in this series's characters, I loved the intro. It is slow but it goes through more character building then the past 3 Uncharted's combined. Amy Hennig did a commendable job building this world but Straley and Druckman have taken it to another level. And I am only up to chapter 5 so far. Cannot wait to get home and play some more.

Lucifon

This is the issue with a few PS4 games I've played. Witcher 3 did the exact same thing, no images displayed no matter what I did to the brightness.

If you bored folk continue being bored chapter 8 and onward. My guess it you simply won't like this game. A Thief's End indeed.

I think videogamers review sums it up best when they said that It was a bunch of chapters to establish a character that really didnt need to be in the game in the first place.

remove sam, and keep the same beats, and i dont think the overall experience is harmed.

jiggles

Banned
This is the issue with a few PS4 games I've played. Witcher 3 did the exact same thing, no images displayed no matter what I did to the brightness.

I would have thought it was just my TV being set too low or some Full/Limited RGB shenanigans, but when I can't see any images even when the brightness is blown out in gameplay, it doesn't seem like it could be a problem with my settings.

I would have thought it was just my TV being set too low or some Full/Limited RGB shenanigans, but when I can't see any images even when the brightness is blown out in gameplay, it doesn't seem like it could be a problem with my settings.

Would you mind uploading a picture of the brightness screen? Or even an off screen snap? I'm leaving the country for a bit and have no access to my PS4.

Classes and work won't have me home for 9 hours. Somebody pls call Dr. Shu and have him write up a sick note for me.

Well, since my download has been hanging at 8.9 GB/13GB for three hours, I am going out to buy a physical copy.
You're probably going to have some more waiting unfortunately, there's a 5.5 GB Day One Patch.

Either I just ran I to a division esque bug or someone was cheating. He was dead yet he was killing everyone. He literally couldn't even be seen, the enemy highlighted when he killed us was of his dead body.

I am really sorry dude, but that gif just made me burst out laughing. Great scene. Hope you get it soon
good news!!! i got the email last night from amazon that the original shipped, as well as the special code, preorder bonus? what would that be? i preordered the game 3 times, I guess preordering the bundle doesn't count.
Mine does too, but I live hours from distribution center.
I live in upstate NY, but I work in downtown manhattan and am away from home every week because of that so I won't get to even play the game until like Friday :( or this weekend
You really don't need to worry. I preorder from Amazon all the time. This is extremely common. You'll get the game tomorrow.
yes, the original shipped =] the collector's edition still says preparing for shipment but that's okay, I'm selling the steelbook case coming in that. what do you mean though? the arrival date error is extremely common?

Lmfao :( This gif had me cracking up for a few minutes.

lol, well i'm happy the gif was so effective

Ducktail

I'm loving the game. You can definitely tell their approach is different this time around. So much exposition to the characters, lot's of dialogues. It has more cutscenes in the beginning than the enterity of MGS5 :p

However, I can also understand people who say the pacing is off. It does feel rather slow and disconnected at first.

I wonder how many viewers this will get on twitch today. Lirik is going to be streaming it today so it will add a 30k or more people. Yesterday when I looked it was at 55k.

The story could of been rewritten to not include him. Its not like drake has had any problems going on adventures before. Anyway, aproaching spoiler territory, ill shut up now.

It would be extremely hard to rewrite it in the context of how the game is presented. Sure, its possible. But that complaint can be levied against pretty much any new character introduced.

I think it holds no merit and completely overlooks how well Sam was presented and integrated into the game.

My GameCollection order never arrived. So I'm never buying from them again. Rushed out to Tesco to pick up another copy. When - if - my TGC order arrives, it's getting sent back and I'm asking for a refund.

DKHF

I'm liking the stealth in this game. Such a step up (at least in that aspect) from the past games.

About to start chapter 8 and
go for that trophy for sneaking through the cemetary without killing anyone.

Top Bottom