• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Uncharted 4: A Thief's End |OT| You're gonna miss this ass

BigTnaples

Todd Howard's Secret GAF Account
Sooo, Amazon is still saying it will be delivered before 8pm tomorrow.

If i go and buy it from Target or Best buy, then return my amazon copy with the receipt when it arrives, will that work?

Sorry for the repost, but the thirst is real, only have the next two days off, then work till mid next week, so if this will work, I will go pick it up now..

Angel_DvA

CHAPTER 10!!!

tA1OECl.gif

Yup it's a crazy chapter with chapter 11, blown away...

Samus4145

Sorry for the repost, but the thirst is real, only have the next two days off, then work till mid next week, so if this will work, I will go pick it up now..

You going to return the Amazon copy to Target? Sure why not, as long as it is the same version, I can't see this as an issue.

Hawk269

Why wouldn't it work? You are returning a sealed copy back to a store, there is no special marking on it that says it is from Target or Amazon. You are good to go man. Get it and enjoy the game.

Bunta

Fujiwara Tofu Shop
UPS says on time but it is usually on the truck for delivery by now. If I have to I'll drive to the warehouse to pick this up today if it isn't delivered, and that's about an hour away.

Edit: and as of now I'm the only one at work in my department. If that stays true, today is going to be extremely slow.

Edit2: out for delivery

Foxxsoxx

We really need a multiplayer OT, I took a small break from the story to play some matches and I just can't get over how fucking great the gameplay is.

eFKac

Game is so good so far!
Chapter 4 fanservice spoiler
Last jump in the Crash minigame fucked me twice darn it!

Also that Neogaf easter egg was so funny :-D

Fantastic start.

Facism

My GameCollection order never arrived. So I'm never buying from them again. Rushed out to Tesco to pick up another copy. When - if - my TGC order arrives, it's getting sent back and I'm asking for a refund.

That's a shame. They're 5 for 5 for me when it comes to games getting delivered days before release.

Didn't get chance to upload yesterday but my Special Edition arrived, so damn good. Sadly I won't get a lot of time to play until the weekend but from what I've played so far, it's really good and man those graphics are gorgeous, it looks amazing on my 55" 4k TV.

ubiblu

My wife sat down with me to watch for five minutes after dinner. She made it to the end of Chapter 11 before we have both called it quits for the night.

What a fucking game. Chapter 11 was an out-of-body experience.

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
It's almost unbelievable how well this runs and how great it looks, it really puts other games to shame.

I'm still really early on so I haven't done much but I'm liking it so far.

Ok so impressions from the first 5 hours. I'm currently at the beginning of Chapter
in
Madagascar.

This is the most incredible cinematic action adventure game I have ever played. Including The Last of Us. It's by far the best Uncharted game.

Obviously I'm currently well under halfway through and my option could changed but based on the first 5 hours the pacing, game design and storytelling have all far exceeded my already high expectations.

The characters are far more fleshed out and emotive than ever before, the writing standard is more serious in tone, more dramatic and reflective but that doesn't mean the humour isn't still there. Far from it. There have been many one liners and back and forth between characters that have made me chuckle out loud while playing. The villains are fantastic here, they have depth to them. They're not one dimensional bad guys like some of the game's past bad guys have been. They feel like well rounded people. In fact I'd compare the way they are written and developed on screen to those in Nolan's Batman series.
Sam is a fantastic addition to the cast and Elena is more lovable than ever before, Sully seems older and wearier but still has his token quips and attitude. He just seems slightly more reserved than in previous games.

Graphically I can't say much that hasn't been said before. Animations, environments, FX, skyboxes, and lighting is completely out of this world. I have a good PC but even then this visually bests anything else I've ever played by quite a margin. Even the far more linear and scripted The Order.

Music I heard mixed reports. I've been playing the game with headphones and to my ear, the soundtrack is absolutely stellar. Especially when the action gets going, it sounds exciting and bombastic. During cutscenes and quieter moments, the soundtrack calms and is more there as background ambience. Similar to the way it worked in TLOU. It feels very complimentary and works well.
Audio design is great. Superb performances from the cast and environmental ambience is spot on, as are the weapons.

Talking of weapons the gunplay feels far and away better than anything the series has done before. Gunplay was always a criticism I had with previous games, it never felt as good as it should have. Here (and i play a lot of shooters) it's quite simply some of the most satisfying feeling weaponry I've ever played in a TPS. Better even than the excellent TR 2013 reboot.

As mentioned previous the game is more open too, not open world but it gives you plenty of explorable terrain and optional ways to approach encounters. Stealth is now a totally viable approach much of the time and works well. It feels very refreshing.

I'll close these impressions with a few final statements.

- The first six chapters of the game held my interest to the point I played them in a single session after midnight. The way the story starts is so confident and assured, it perfectly switches between big moments and quieter moments in a way you'll never see coming. One of the best opening few hours, if not the best in any game ever.

- The set-pieces are still there. The BIG set-pieces I mean. Many people had commented that they weren't as explosive and crazy as before. I can't really work that out as I've had at least 2 so far that literally blew me away just as much as anything else the series has produced previously. So yeah... don't worry about spectacle - it's there.

Anyway back to it!

Loudninja

UNCHARTED 4: A Thief's End Accolades Trailer | PS4
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vgNUe8V-Xng

Today’s the day. Uncharted 4: A Thief’s End is out! That’s a surreal statement to make. It’s even more surreal to think that so many of you finally get to turn on your PS4 and go on the final adventure with Nathan Drake. There were times during production when we actually thought, we’re not going to make it — this is the game where our ambition will get the best of us.

This game’s production was hard — probably the hardest out of all the games we’ve ever made. Our ambition was high; the scope was massive; but compromise wasn’t an option because we knew — this is our last Uncharted. Everyone on the team was going to give it their all because we love these characters.

A team of hundreds of the most talented individuals in the industry rose to the challenge in creating the closing chapter for Nathan Drake’s story. Every discipline wanted to make sure that their area of the game did justice to the series. We’ve pushed, helped, and motivated each to create something beyond the limits of what we thought was possible.
Standing back… we’re in awe. We knew the individual parts were great, but seeing how the game came together into something truly beautiful fills us with gratitude and pride. We are extremely proud of the send-off we’re giving these characters — and we couldn’t be prouder of the team that crafted it.

From everyone at Naughty Dog, we thank you for your support — without it we couldn’t make these kinds of games. We hope our passion and dedication comes through. We hope we’ve done you proud.
Until next time,

Neil & Bruce
http://blog.us.playstation.com/2016/05/10/uncharted-4-a-thiefs-end-out-today-on-ps4/

I had pre ordered this on the PSN and then got a refund after the release date changed awhile back. Today though it still shows I already purchased it and so I went to my download list and it's currently downloading. I'll take it. Like a thief.

psychotron

My digital deluxe edition unlocked at midnight, but I was already in bed because I had to work today. This day needs to end now!!!! I preordered the original Uncharted, so this series holds a special place in my heart.

Shady859

For all in the US who got bit by Amazon and had their heart set on playing today.... Redbox has it in most machines already for $3 a day and just be sure to tell your chat rep that when you complain for a credit. You should get a minimum of a free month of Prime added without pressing the issue.

Amazon used to be clockwork shipping on monday and getting here on tuesday but this is the 2nd game in a row they've missed release. Guess they over estimated their ability with the added business Prime discount preordering created.

jiggles

Banned
Would you mind uploading a picture of the brightness screen? Or even an off screen snap? I'm leaving the country for a bit and have no access to my PS4.

Alright, here you go, at default and both brightness extremes:

When I was going through it at midnight last night, my thought was obviously "well, they've BOTH disappeared, so I have to crank it up" but when they still wouldn't show it was "well, I guess my TV is too low and this is as close as it gets".

I corrected it (after 5 chapters of Nate's hair not going dark after being ginger) by going back and using the greyscale bar which I guess is what the intention was (because the default was correct), but that's not what the text is describing at all.

So basically, [PSA] The brightness calibration page is fucked and should be ignored.

Roufianos

The reticule in this game is so fucking shit. Why does it need to be so big? As if it wasn't already chunky enough in the previous games. It should just be a dot by default.

Absolutely fantastic other than that.

for those of you who skipped to multiplayer anybody upload any vids?

share em if you did. i'm interested to see if there are any (slight) differences between the final product and the betas

BigTnaples

Todd Howard's Secret GAF Account
You going to return the Amazon copy to Target? Sure why not, as long as it is the same version, I can't see this as an issue.

Why wouldn't it work? You are returning a sealed copy back to a store, there is no special marking on it that says it is from Target or Amazon. You are good to go man. Get it and enjoy the game.

I don't see why not. It's not like Amazon's copies will have special UPCs or anything.

Assuming both copies have the same UPC (they should), yes, you can do this.

Thanks all. Going to take a couple hour nap and then go try my luck at retail.

usp84

Ok played the first two chapters.I dont have time for any more but the game is incredibly satisfying to play

Foxxsoxx

for those of you who skipped to multiplayer anybody upload any vids?

share em if you did. i'm interested to see if there are any (slight) differences between the final product and the betas

Pretty decent changes, I wasn't super hot on the beta but that might have been due to the new maps being just incredible.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AfrPSP5kf0g

Here you go, TDM on Pirate Cove. FYI I'm sort of a tryhard but this is how Uncharted multiplayer has to be played lol.

BFIB

Hmmm, I might be too tempted to start and quit my replay of the Uncharted Collection. I've already beat those games before. The hype is getting to me.

Facism

Multiplayer needs to stop putting me in games that are already running. Unless you have dedicated server communities, that shit doesn't work

Top Bottom