• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Uncharted 4: A Thief's End |OT| You're gonna miss this ass

ironcreed

Banned
We really need a multiplayer OT, I took a small break from the story to play some matches and I just can't get over how fucking great the gameplay is.

Interesting. I am tempted to sub to PS+ for 3 months just so I can mess with it. But as for the single player so far, I am truly gobsmacked.

On a side note, my new PS4 is much more silent than my old one. But the fan definitely kicks up a few notches playing this (not jet taking off loud). The PS4 is an absolute beast when pushed, I don't care what anyone says.

Only in the multi-player.
It's more of a joke.

image.php

you didn't hafta reveal that she's only in mp...although I guess it's not bad since it spares disappointment later

I tried to return an Amazon sealed copy of Red Dead Redemption to Wal Mart. It did not work. They do have different UPCs. Every time the Wal Mart woman tried to scan the game, the computer couldn't find it. She ended up not giving me a refund even though I had the receipt. The code on the receipt didn't match the code on the Amazon copy, and I just ended up looking like an idiot and leaving the store. Of course I knew what had happened, but the woman behind the register was just kind of baffled (but wouldn't take the game back).

They're not the same. This was several years ago but I assume the same would be true now. Publishers have different UPCs so they can track where their games are selling.

Foxxsoxx

thanks!

wow were you trying to use the grappling hook to deal damage?

The grapple hook can be charged with square to one shot someone as long as they don't roll out of the way. It's pretty handy. My favorite thing to do though is rope from above takedowns, they're satisfying as hell.

The grapple hook can be charged with square to one shot someone as long as they don't roll out of the way. It's pretty handy. My favorite thing to do though is rope from above takedowns, they're satisfying as hell.

the fuck...i did not notice that before. is that part of the final product or was that mechanic in the beta?

We really need a multiplayer OT, I took a small break from the story to play some matches and I just can't get over how fucking great the gameplay is.

If no one else wants to do it I can make one really fast. I'm still waiting for my copy to get delivered anyway, haha

NZerker12

Did anyone here who preordered from shopto recieve 2 preoder dlc codes via the game order in the orders page as well as the code yoy get inside the case.

OMFG. this game. The graphics. Holyshitttt!!!! Just got to
scotland.
Just WOW!!!!!! It just so so good as the SP experience

no spoilers please. What a game.

I tried to return an Amazon sealed copy of Red Dead Redemption to Wal Mart. It did not work. They do have different UPCs. Every time the Wal Mart woman tried to scan the game, the computer couldn't find it. She ended up not giving me a refund even though I had the receipt. The code on the receipt didn't match the code on the Amazon copy, and I just ended up looking like an idiot and leaving the store. Of course I knew what had happened, but the woman behind the register was just kind of baffled (but wouldn't take the game back).

They're not the same. This was several years ago but I assume the same would be true now. Publishers have different UPCs so they can track where their games are selling.

This rarely happens. I believe RDR had a couple retailer-exclusive verisons, which is likely why the UPCs didn't match.

Most standard versions of video games use the exact same UPC, regardless of where it's purchased.

Foxxsoxx

the fuck...i did not notice that before. is that part of the final product or was that mechanic in the beta?

Yeah it makes a loud clanging noise when players activate it, so you get a little heads up to watch out for it. It was in the beta if I recall correctly.

And yeah, my PS4s fans are kicking it into overdrive, I'm probably going to try opening it up and cleaning them later today. Getting spooky sorts of loud.

The fucking visuals. Chapter 6 is a marvel. How is Naughty Dog so far ahead of the pack?

This game is perfect so far. I enjoy the slower pacing of the beginning. Just getting totally absorbed in the story and characters.

Alright, here you go, at default and both brightness extremes:

When I was going through it at midnight last night, my thought was obviously "well, they've BOTH disappeared, so I have to crank it up" but when they still wouldn't show it was "well, I guess my TV is too low and this is as close as it gets".

I corrected it (after 5 chapters of Nate's hair not going dark after being ginger) by going back and using the greyscale bar which I guess is what the intention was (because the default was correct), but that's not what the text is describing at all.

So basically, [PSA] The brightness calibration page is fucked and should be ignored.

I think that's just the description being misleading since the background image can change depending on where you go into the menu.

SpecX

Wow Amazon just shipped my copy this morning. Looks like they're going for same day shipping on this one. Why couldn't they do a midnight delivery ;_; and work is going to be painfully slow today.

The Argus

Does this come with a trial for PSN+? I haven't renewed since mine ran out in January and I'd like to try the MP before I decide to renew again. Basically I was only in it for the monthly titles...

The Lamp

Holy shit. I was able to avoid this particular spoiler element for two weeks.

I click on this thread and it's the first thing I see. I'm almost crushed because I was hoping the character was part of the main game. 😰

I mean they said that like a year ago.

Yeah it makes a loud clanging noise when players activate it, so you get a little heads up to watch out for it. It was in the beta if I recall correctly.

And yeah, my PS4s fans are kicking it into overdrive, I'm probably going to try opening it up and cleaning them later today. Getting spooky sorts of loud.

which Ps4 do you own? i got the 2014 white destiny one, and while the fan has been loud it's never been jet engine, i don't think.

Foxxsoxx

which Ps4 do you own? i got the 2014 white destiny one, and while the fan has been loud it's never been jet engine, i don't think.

Launch PS4, never cleaned the fan or anything. Just try and keep it clean on the outside. It's been getting louder lately, especially with games like MGS5 in the menus and especially UC4 at all times.

I'm guessing the fan is just clogged into overdrive with dust that inevitably has built up.

Launch PS4, never cleaned the fan or anything. Just try and keep it clean on the outside. It's been getting louder lately, especially with games like MGS5 in the menus and especially UC4 at all times.

I'm guessing the fan is just clogged into overdrive with dust that inevitably has built up.

oof, yeah. do wat u gotta do man.

jiggles

Banned
I think that's just the description being misleading since the background image can change depending on where you go into the menu.

It explicitly describes two separate images that aren't there.

It's describing a calibration screen like this: https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CgFoIjeUMAAHlhx.jpg:large

But the key component (the calibration images) are missing. It's not referring to the background. They either forgot to put in the images, or the text itself should be totally different.

If it was a setting tucked away somewhere, maybe you can write it up as an oversight, but when the very first screen anyone sees is either broken or has mistakenly got the wrong text, you have to wonder how they missed it.

rhino4evr

So...I pre ordered this game from Amazon in November when it went on sale for $53.99.

This was before they announced "prime 20% discount" on new games. This discount was never applied to my order and it shipped yesterday

Today I contacted Amazon, and instead of giving my 20% off the list price (59) they gave me an additional 20% off the price I paid....

So yeah, just got a brand new copy for $43!!

Sorry just felt like bragging.

It explicitly describes two separate images that aren't there.

It's describing a calibration screen like this: https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CgFoIjeUMAAHlhx.jpg:large

But the key component (the calibration images) are missing. It's not referring to the background. They either forgot to put in the images, or the text itself should be totally different.

If it was a setting tucked away somewhere, maybe you can write it up as an oversight, but when the very first screen anyone sees is either broken or has mistakenly got the wrong text, you have to wonder how they missed it.

That's what I mean. I think it's a bad description. It sounds like two images when they mean the two squares on the grey scale bar on the left and right. That would be in line with the similar calibration in TLOU.

I've finished the game, and looking at the list there isn't any like previous games.

Play a new game on the same save...

So...I pre ordered this game from Amazon in November when it went on sale for $53.99.

This was before they announced "prime 20% discount" on new games. This discount was never applied to my order and it shipped yesterday

Today I contacted Amazon, and instead of giving my 20% off the list price (59) they gave me an additional 20% off the price I paid....

So yeah, just got a brand new copy for $43!!

Sorry just felt like bragging.

I had a similar situation but I'm no longer a Prime member (but was when I ordered). Do you think they'll adjust mine too?

Damn, this game.

First Impressions:

Campaign:
Wasn't impressed with the visuals in the beginning. But after chapter one... Yeah... Wow. It should be criminal to look this good. And I enjoy the slower build. We know--and enjoy--the characters so far, and I feel the "slower" beginning sets the story up better and gives more depth to everything that comes after. Really digging how much Naughty Dog has improved over the years. Chapter 4 just made me so happy.

Trials:
Very simple except for one or two: The Staff and El Dorado on Crushing took a few tries. The Savior Sidekick, though, on Crushing, nearly made me want to tear my hair out. Took me over 30 minutes!

Multiplayer:
Command is fun. The grind is real when you see how much you have to do to unlock all the mods and weapons and stuff.

Does anyone know how much choosing your skill level affects matchmaking? If at all?

^re: visuals - chapter 3? when
Nate exits the river after salvaging the copper and the camera exits the water and goes up into air
I went wtf - havent had that before. It was just so startling.

Can't wait to see what else this game does.

usp84

I had no idea(CH 2 spoiler)
that the prison escape was in the past.So now Sam is supposed to be long dead right?No wonder he had less hair in the trailers lol.

Also when exactly is 15 years ago?Before the first game?

Top Bottom