• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Uncharted 4: A Thief's End |OT| You're gonna miss this ass

EktorOni

To those who care, the soundtrack is already out on Spotify.

... I would like to know if any track title is spoilerish, because I really want to listen to it but won't receive the game before tomorrow noon, at the earliest. :(

Ricky_R

Protip: When you make an OT, please take into consideration both desktop themes and the mobile version.

On mobile the background is white which is worse.

Jarmel

Banned
So you can play Crushing first time through? How hard are the higher level difficulties? Are they as annoying as previous entries with all the bullet sponges?

Can someone confirm how long is the campaign?

If you explorer around you get somewhere between 16-20.

If you don't then 10-14.

The thing that makes this game really re-playable for me is all the different paths you can take in all the encounters... I don't remember ever having this much options in the past Uncharted games or even TLOU.

stryke

Does this come with a trial for PSN+? I haven't renewed since mine ran out in January and I'd like to try the MP before I decide to renew again. Basically I was only in it for the monthly titles...

New psn accounts come with free 14 days of ps+. Create a dummy account and set as primary.

Seriously. Its like telling people Thor and Hulk arent in Civil War.

I mean...they're not! Thats not a spoiler, guys. Jak & Daxter arent in this game, either, watch out now.

It'd be more like telling people Thor and Hulk aren't in the final Avengers film. And there will never be another Avengers film. So the last time you saw Thor and Hulk back in 2011 is the last time you will ever see those characters. And also there are no Thor and Hulk comics or standalone films. So those characters are as good as dead. Except in...the multiplayer...

So you can play Crushing first time through? How hard are the higher level difficulties? Are they as annoying as previous entries with all the bullet sponges?

yeah I'm playing Hard to start. I think that's where it should be played at to start. Its difficult but not impossible. As someone's who's played 1-3, its a good difficulty. Just right.

Lucifon

I'm on Chapter 8 and baffled by the amount of people namedropping chapters in shock of amazement. The game has been awesome so far, but there's not been any kind of mindblowing chapters or megaton twists yet.

Ulong

It'd be more like telling people Thor and Hulk aren't in the final Avengers film. And there will never be another Avengers film. So the last time you saw Thor and Hulk back in 2011 is the last time you will ever see those characters. And also there are no Thor and Hulk comics or standalone films. So those characters are as good as dead. Except in...the multiplayer...

Probably the feeling of knowing your favourite character won't be in something is a lot better than your experience with something being mired by the slow disappointing realization that they're less and less likely to turn up the deeper you get.

I had no idea(CH 2 spoiler)
that the prison escape was in the past.So now Sam is supposed to be long dead right?No wonder he had less hair in the trailers lol.

Also when exactly is 15 years ago?Before the first game?

Yes.

As hard as before if playing legit, but you can cheese them with tweaks on your second playthrough.

Melchiah

I played until the beginning of the 5th (I think) chapter last night, where
the brothers are reunited
. I understand that ND wants to lay the foundations for the story, but compared to something like TLOU the introduction sequence seemed far too long. Especially with two nearly consecutive
prison breakthroughs.
Hopefully it gets properly going from where I'm now.

I played until the beginning of the 5th (I think) chapter last night, where
the brothers are reunited
. I understand that ND wants to lay the foundations for the story, but compared to something like TLOU the introduction sequence seemed far too long. Especially with two nearly consecutive
prison breakthroughs.
Hopefully it gets properly going from where I'm now.

You still have a long way to go... Don't worry about it.

Hahah, obviously I didn't. I suck.

It's not ideal, but it will suffice.

No worries, man. Hahaha. As a 99% mobile GAF user, I can't imagine how excruciating staring at that white theme would be all day if I hadn't known any better.

Probably the feeling of knowing your favourite character won't be in something is a lot better than your experience with something being mired by the slow disappointing realization that they're less and less likely to turn up the deeper you get.

Sigh... Yeah...

I'm on Chapter 8 and baffled by the amount of people namedropping chapters in shock of amazement. The game has been awesome so far, but there's not been any kind of mindblowing chapters or megaton twists yet.

Chapter 11 is the best thing I've played in any game in the last 5 years, and I'm not even a big fan of this series. That chapter will be namedropped til the end of time. It's that good.

strafer

did theradbrad spoil the easter egg with his thumbnail?

Not surprising though, he seems to spoil things all the time with his thumbnails.

Ricky_R

No worries, man. Hahaha. As a 99% mobile GAF user, I can't imagine how excruciating staring at that white theme would be all day if I hadn't known any better.

Sigh... Yeah...

Hahah, I don't mind. I used to prefer the dark theme, but it showed too many imperfections from png avatars, etc.

White hides most of that stuff.

RDreamer

I could see these first bunch of chapters being a bit slow on a second or third playthrough, but maaaaan the game is amazing so far this first time.

WITHE1982

I just played
Crash Bandicoot
. :O

Warning: Early game easter egg spoiler>

I sat there for a few minutes without
Crash moving as I didn't realise I was in control of him.
I thought it was a glitch at first as I'd watched it in a video a few days ago and thought it was all just automatic.

Awesome and a very welcome surprise.

The first chapters are a drag, and I thought the museum level on uncharted 2 was boring o_O

Different strokes for different folks I suppose. I thought they were great, especially chapter 4.

Top Bottom