• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Uncharted 4: A Thief's End |OT| You're gonna miss this ass

Melchiah

Really? That's a big disappointment considering how much it was praised in the reviews.

Unless I'm missing something there's no sneaking like in TLOU, and moving from cover to cover is different as well. That's why I was nearly spotted in the first stealth section.

PtKid

Banned
Chapter 4 is a treat for those who played the previous 3 uncharted and a previous Naughty Dog IP. I was smilling the whole way through. Absolutely loving the game.

This is the first game in a while that I considered losing sleep over. I just couldn't put down the controller last night! Naughty Dog has delivered in spades once again - not that I had any doubt.

Heartfyre

I really appreciate the option for British English subtitling. I'm so glad that I can humour people, rather than humor. It's just another instance of Naughty Dog going the extra mile for their global audience.

Unless I'm missing something there's no sneaking like in TLOU, and moving from cover to cover is different as well. That's why I was nearly spotted in the first stealth section.

You automatically sneak when in tall grass unless you're spotted, and you can sneak around cove using Left stick and Circle.

WITHE1982

LOL... I thought I read somewhere saying it does. Thanks for the clarification.

I think that was a nod to Crushing difficulty which changes up enemy types at certain points in the game e.g. more rocket launchers/snipers at certain points.

Are you guys playing on hard or normal?

Normal/moderate for my first run. I just want to take it all in and enjoy the story without being tested too much.

This is the first game in a while that I considered losing sleep over. I just couldn't put down the controller last night! Naughty Dog has delivered in spades once again - not that I had any doubt.

I had 3 hours of sleep last night (At work right now drinking my 2nd Red Bull)... I finally finished it, but I already feel like going back to explorer this beautiful world again!

Melchiah

You automatically sneak when in tall grass unless you're spotted, and you can sneak around cove using Left stick and Circle.

I haven't reached those parts yet. Inside the buildings it's different. The cover-to-cover move didn't seem to work all the time, and that's why the character stood up between the covers.

Gurish

I'm on chapter 6, stopped unwillingly as it feels like it's running too fast and I want to save it :(

Man it's so addicting and fun, best game in this gen so far for me, easily best game in the series so far, U2 doesn't touch it, and those visuals are just ridiculous, I disabled photo mode cause I don't want to spend half my time taking pics.

I don't know if people just aren't playing the MP right now or what but my MP experience is a lot worse than the beta. There seems to be considerably high ping, like above 100ms whereas the beta was perfectly smooth and consistent.

I got to Chapter 6 and took a break, gonna dive back in in a few hours. Game looks amazing as expected and plays well. Looking forward to getting to the real meaty parts. I understand the reason for the slow pace but I'm ready to get into combat!

Upinsmoke

I actually feel something for Drake in the opening three hours that I never felt for him in the past three games put together. It's so weird, he's so much more fleshed out, I find myself smiling in certain scenes, he's so much more.....i dunno, human? The whole game is a work of art.

Gurish

I got to Chapter 6 and took a break, gonna dive back in in a few hours. Game looks amazing as expected and plays well. Looking forward to getting to the real meaty parts. I understand the reason for the slow pace but I'm ready to get into combat!

Don't understand the complaints about the first parts, there is some action, some slower parts, the pacing is perfect imo.

thenexus6

Uncharted 4 audio profile is up for the headphone companion app.

I completed the game with the 7.1 gold headset and the Uncharted Collection audio profile and it was pretty awesome.

T.O.P

Banned
I could see these first bunch of chapters being a bit slow on a second or third playthrough, but maaaaan the game is amazing so far this first time.
Yeah seems like TLOU

I liked the first 2ch a freakin lot but I can see em dragging in a second playthrough

Can't wait to get off work and keep playing :D

Don't understand the complaints about the first parts, there is some action, some slower parts, the pacing is perfect imo.

I wasn't complaining. I loved the pacing and the storytelling. I am just really looking forward to getting into combat scenarios.

Those parts were incredibly film-like and extremely well-written.
I actually got a little sad when Sam "died".
The acting and animation is really something else. I feel much more attached to Drake.

aravuus

I think I've seen a couple of people mention this, but I gotta chime in: chapter 11 is definitely the first chapter that's truly wowed me. The game has looked great so far but it hasn't quite been as amazing as I was expecting from all the impressions.. But the view I'm looking at right now is really fucking good.

Really wish the photo mode was better. Better than the one in the Collection, but it's still not very good.

Definitely one of the best looking games I've seen in a while either way.

I really appreciate the option for British English subtitling. I'm so glad that I can humour people, rather than humor. It's just another instance of Naughty Dog going the extra mile for their global audience.

Well, more like extra yard considering how little work it probably is lol, but yeah, it's definitely a nice thing to have.

IMO, the game works just as fine on a second play through because the instinctive need to explore every where isn't with you and there's not many, if any, forced walking sections.

Combined with the knowledge on what to do and how the level design funnels you to your destination, I was able to go through the first 11-12 chapters in about 3 hours.

SomTervo

Up to chapter 10 and i'm not liking it as much as i thought i would. I like the pacing, characters are interesting, the graphics are great of course. But the gameplay isn't gripping me like TLOU. Stealth grass, marking enemies, explosive barrels... even naughty dog can't make these mechanics feel fresh in 2016.

Deffo turn off the markers.

I think it was an error for ND to include those tbh. I played the whole thing without any indicators first time and all the combat sandboxes were gloriously intense. Even on Moderate. You can never keep track of all the bad guys.

ironcreed

Banned
IMO, the game works just as fine on a second play through because the instinctive need to explore every where isn't with you and there's not many, if any, forced walking sections.

Combined with the knowledge on what to do and how the level design funnels you to your destination, I was able to go through the first 11-12 chapters in about 3 hours.

I'll be playing it again because it is just so incredibly breathtaking and good in general.

Makeda

One thing I really appreciate that Naughty Dog did in this game & I can't think of any other game that does it-correct me if I'm wrong- (minor spoiler if you haven't started the game yet I guess?)
is create an encounter replay option! So many games I can think of need something like this where I can just go straight back to a specific fight rather than having to mess around replaying an entire chapter to relive an epic boss / end of level fight.

Gurish

Deffo turn off the markers.

I think it was an error for ND to include those tbh. I played the whole thing without any indicators first time and all the combat sandboxes were gloriously intense. Even on Moderate. You can never keep track of all the bad guys.

Good tip, will do.

ND sometimes make mistakes in their default settings, TLOU shouldn't be on normal as a default as well, it can ruin the purpose of the game.

nib95

Banned
I could see these first bunch of chapters being a bit slow on a second or third playthrough, but maaaaan the game is amazing so far this first time.

I'm actually enjoying it more on my second play through. Likely because I'm not stopping and staring every few seconds gawking at the art, visuals etc, so the pacing seems a lot more fluid now. Fact that I'm playing it on a much harder mode is lengthening out the gunfights too, so the balance is more levelled out now.

Sami+

The first chapters are a drag, and I thought the museum level on uncharted 2 was boring o_O

Don't get this at all. Game hooked me right from the beginning. :0

I love slower paced, story heavy stuff though. I'm on Chapter 7 now I think, can't play until late tonight.

Gurish

Don't get this at all. Game hooked me right from the beginning. :0

I love slower paced, story heavy stuff though. I'm on Chapter 7 now I think, can't play until late tonight.

Yea I feel the same, I was so hooked (got to chapter 6), couldn't put the controller down, I'm not one of those guys that binge for hours, this is the first game in this gen that makes me feel like I can play it all the way straight.

MMaRsu

Just how do they make the clothes crease and fold like that when moving? FUUUCK

Same way RDR did the horses ;)

american_standard_bred.jpg

kaskade

I really wish there was a way to pre download patches. I'd love for it to just be ready when I play it later.

I have to run out after work so I might as well just put the disc in, then it'll be ready when I'm home later at night.

Top Bottom