• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Uncharted 4: A Thief's End |OT| You're gonna miss this ass

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
waiting for that amazon driver to pull up... guh.
LLShC.gif

SomTervo

Yeah seems like TLOU

I liked the first 2ch a freakin lot but I can see em dragging in a second playthrough

Can't wait to get off work and keep playing :D

They're actually not too bad! If you skip cutscenes and know where to go they fly by. The slowest bit is chapter 1 i think.

Fbh

Got this in the mail today and played several hours (would still be playing... but I don't want it to be over by the weekend lol).

So far I'm loving it.

- Graphics are insane.... like...wow. I'm half expecting the game to end with a note saying the Ps4K is actually a revolutionary software update to grant more power to the current hardware and ND developed it while making UC4

- Story is fun so far. It's your standard Uncharted story but as allways the fun writing, great voice acting and, now more than ever, amazing presentation make it really fun.

- Intro is a bit slow. I like these types of chapters but I can see them getting a bit boring on future playthroughs. I played for around 2 hours and there was only one actual firefight and it was rather short.
As I said, I enjoy these types of setup chapters (specially when they are made this well), but I'm gettng to the point where I'm itching for some extended shooting

Anyone up for teaming up in multiplayer? Feel free to add me (Chronospherics).

Loving the multiplayer so far. Some elements of it are a bit odd though, or broken in some cases. The leaderboards are broken. Everything is logged in score per minute but it doesn't log time played correctly. It claims I have spent over 24 hours in multiplayer, therefore my score per minute is super low because I have only had between 20-30 games.

It's also a bit weird that they ditched the ranking system. I appreciate not being able to view the ranks of other players because it makes the game feel more accessible and less intimidating to new players picking up the game later down the line, but you're earning all of this cash yet it doesn't appear to go anywhere? It's odd.

Also, how do you unlock your first hero weapon?

Overall though I'm really enjoying it, hoping they fix some of the ranking issues.

Zaki2407

It's been a looong day. Finally arrived at home. Had a shower. Had a delicious dinner made by the wife. The kids are off to bed. Finally...... I'm about to start this game. See ya Gaf :)

4:21pm and still haven't received my copy from Amazon. I'm never using Prime for pre-ordering again... Royal Mail would have gotten it to me hours ago :(

Plum

The ONE day something wasn't delivered to my house at 4pm or so when things usually come and it has to be today. Now I've got to go collect the game tomorrow instead.

For sucks sake, this is some proper bullshit. Yes I'm mad.

The ONE day something wasn't delivered to my house at 4pm or so when things usually come and it has to be today. Now I've got to go collect the game tomorrow instead.

For sucks sake, this is some proper bullshit. Yes I'm mad.
In my case i preordered this on amazon. Even before clicking the checkout button ive been mentaly prepared that the delivery date promised would be a lie. Amazon told me its gonna get here today but the joke isnt on me because im expecting the game to be here tomorrow.

nullpoynter

Hard is the way to go, but I can see some people not enjoying it as much because some of the gameplay mechanics might be harder to pull off.

When I originally played Uncharted 1-3 on the PS3 I played through on normal. Now that I've played through the Nathan Drake Collection on PS4 on hard, hard is definitely the way to go.
..that's what she said.

Over the past couple weeks to hype up I watched all four Indiana Jones movies, National Treasure, The Mummy and Romancing the Stone.

Saving my favorite for last, I just finished watching The Goonies minutes ago.

Now I'm sitting at home, waiting for my already delivered package according to Canada Post to actually deliver.

Thewonandonly

Question?

I have only finished uncharted 2 and made it half way through uncharted 3, will I enjoy this. And if anyone has a video to catch up on the story or would summarize the third one for me that would be cool :)

ascar

Neo Member
Just got up to that part. Yes it fucking is.

Edit: Screenshot
It's in Spanish (?), but that's absolutely the NeoGAF layout. There's even the |OT| designation. We ND verified!

Seems to be google translated in Italian. Original title of the discussion should be something like "Treasure hunters community thread (OT)"

Has anyone who preordered with Best Buy and had their game shipped had their shipping update?

Best Buy INSISTS the game will arrive today, but the UPS tracking hasn't been touched since early yesterday.

Plum

In my case i preordered this on amazon. Even before clicking the checkout button ive been mentaly prepared that the delivery date promised would be a lie. Amazon told me its gonna get here today but the joke isnt on me because im expecting the game to be here tomorrow.

The thing is is did get delivered, just when I was in school. So when I got home expecting either nothing or a package I got a red Royal Mail slip telling me to collect it tomorrow.

Let's be jealous of people who have the game together :)

Question?

I have only finished uncharted 2 and made it half way through uncharted 3, will I enjoy this. And if anyone has a video to catch up on the story or would summarize the third one for me that would be cool :)

You might miss out on some references and some of the characters and their history together, but other than that you'll be fine.

Thewonandonly

You might miss out on some references and some of the characters and their history together, but other than that you'll be fine.
Awsome so it will kind of be how uncharted 2 was where I liked the story but missed some of the references :) excited to check this out is the gunplay better because that what always puts me off of naughty dog games :/

The Ummah

Banned
Has anyone who preordered with Best Buy and had their game shipped had their shipping update?

Best Buy INSISTS the game will arrive today, but the UPS tracking hasn't been touched since early yesterday.

Both the coin and game are showing "out for delivery" as of this morning for me.

Is anyone else utterly impressed with what they have done with the melee in this game?

I read it was much better, but I didn't believe it. But seeing it in action it is ridiculously great looking and seamless.

I mean the whole game is amazing, but this is really standing out for me. The melee was always decent in Uncharted from a gameplay perspective.

But now it's just mindblowingly incredible, the way the AI helps you and you do combo moves with them.

What the hell ND? Is there anything you haven't done nigh on perfectly?

lt519

The game is in my possession. Now if i can only get some time to play tonight, thats the real challenge...

Used up all my goodwill with the girlfriend playing Alienation all weekend, whoops. Prob won't get to play until Thursday and it's going to kill me.

eFKac

Ok I have no idea how to melee fight, you're supposed to press circle to dodge, but does it have to specifically timed or something or you just have to roll?

Same with those solo brawls.

Any tips?

Got it today and in chapter 4 now.
I can not believe how good it looks, even after playing The Order, or Ryse.

I mean... how? Just how?
The whole experience already feels like magic.

mileS

Uncharted 4 audio profile is up for the headphone companion app.

I completed the game with the 7.1 gold headset and the Uncharted Collection audio profile and it was pretty awesome.

I was wondering about this. Thanks for this! I'm sure it's pretty good. I've been using the Last of Us profile for just about everything else.

nullpoynter

Yep, mine shipped on Sunday and is showing out for delivery right now.

aravuus

The puzzles were a bit annoying I suppose, but otherwise chapter 11 was fucking amazing

e: well except for this end, kinda unnecessary feeling drama

Top Bottom