• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Uncharted 4: A Thief's End |OT| You're gonna miss this ass

anddo0

Amazon sent me two copies (and I only ordered one)
So, if it were you?

3AmO3TO.jpg

mileS

ugh can't decide between normal or hard to start off with. One of my biggest gripes about these types of games is the screen effects when you are close to death or getting shot. I absolutely hate having the screen go black and white constantly or losing all the colors. I guess I just answered my own question and should just say fuck it, go with normal for my first play through.

oatmeal

Banned
Played about 4 hours last night.

Game is captivating. Best storytelling in a game since...TLOU. I actually think this does it better though.

Gameplay is still Uncharted, for better or worse. It's been about a 50/50 split of game and movies so far but it hasn't bothered me because the writing is so good.

The fist fighting is unbelievably bad.

And of course, graphically peerless.

j-wood

Has anyone who preordered with Best Buy and had their game shipped had their shipping update?

Best Buy INSISTS the game will arrive today, but the UPS tracking hasn't been touched since early yesterday.

Prepare for the hurt my friend. This happened to me with the Division Gold Edition. I called BB and used their chat, kept being told the game had shipped it would arrive on release day.

UPS tracking only showed the received the shipping information, that was it.

Long story short. I didn't get the game till a FULL WEEK later. Learned my lesson, games I want day 1 now I only pick up in store.

T.O.P

Banned
Something that i need to know, are there any other fist fights later in the game?

Because holy fuck they were unbelievably bad

Something that i need to know, are there any other fist fights later in the game?

Because holy fuck they were unbelievably bad
Spoiler-tagging just in case

This one is a mild spoiler that only reveals whether there are fist fights:
No, there are no other fist fighting sections.

This one is a more serious spoiler :
There is however, a sword fight.
Does completing the game on normal unlock crushing?
Crushing is already unlocked. It's just not highlighted and it'll give you a notification if you try to select it but it is selectable.

Amazon waited to send my preorder until this morning, so because it wouldn't arrive until tomorrow, I went and bought it from a nearby store on the way home from work, and will be returning my copy from Amazon. Damn, really thought I could trust them.

Have been enjoying the game, but it didn't capture me from the beginning. Am I weird to think it would have been a better beginning to start from, say . . . Chapter 3?

I feel like the graphics didn't blow me away initially, either. A misty boat chase didn't really have much eye candy, and young Drake model doesn't look nearly as graphically impressive as older Drake.

I loved Chapter 4 a lot. Nate's house is just filled with so much stuff. It looks so lived in, I was amazed! Really enjoying the way the game is going, but it's getting late here, unfortunately. Looking forward to getting back into it tomorrow.

sikkinixx

The article is a bit... exaggerated but the overall message of it is right. Jeff B on last week's Beastcast had my thoughts exactly - not an upgrade, level up or equip screen in sight and it's great -

The Verge article hits on it too

The Verge said:
In Rise of the Tomb Raider, the player handpicks the abilities of Lara Croft, along with her weapons, ammunition, supplies, and outfits. While missions follow relatively straight lines, the adventure at large is set in an open world pocketed with a bounty of distractions. And each encounter feels like an opportunity for the player to be expressive, albeit through the medium of violence. Rise of the Tomb Raider doesn’t match Uncharted in terms of memorability. The story is smart B-movie fare, but plot exists in the periphery, like a doting parent that’s watching her children figure out what they want to do on their own. Because the game’s world is larger, and the player’s path is uncertain, Rise of the Tomb Raider lacks the detailing of Uncharted 4, where one walk across a rope bridge feels as if dozens of artists sunk weeks into its each splintering plank of wood — because they almost certainly did.

xewind

This game is so beautiful, wow.

Began playing like a hour ago on hard, currently on chapter 2. I have seen myself stopping to get into photo mode and take some screenshots lol.

Koyuga

Amazon still says "shipping today". It's 9AM. Game has been out for several hours. Kind of want to cancel and pick it up at Target but I am getting it for $44..
Not sure if that discount is worth having to wait until thursday to play the game.

Papacheeks

Banned
Yea, got mine last night at Midnight release, my collectors edition statue is pretty damn great. Thing is freaking huge. And the Box art on Steelbook is second to Witcher 3's.

Played the intro last night and holly shit
that prison sequence with same getting shot at the end.

Then opens to the Uncharted 4. Freaking crazy.

Played some online and came in second on my first game, it's good to be back.

VanWinkle

This update is taking TOO LONG. I mean, it's going fast enough, but I want hurry up and to play it. Lol.

It's going at like 4MB a second, even though my internet speeds are 200Mb. But I think my wifi on my router is messed up or something. I may try a physical connection to the PS4 soon.

Top Bottom