• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Uncharted 4: A Thief's End |OT| You're gonna miss this ass

I just want to say thanks to the few (namely JC) that made the case for starting on Hard. As someone that really dislikes how the health/damage taken was handled in the earlier games, playing 4 on Hard feels like such a stellar balance of keeping riskier maneuvers in check, while encouraging using every option at your disposal.

This change in difficulty combined with the vastly improved gunplay/encounters is just *chef kisses fingers*

vollsperrig

Neo Member
Am I the only one who finds it hilarious that you get a trophy for not moving for 30 seconds when chapter 11 (city chase) starts?
It's clearly a hint to the E3 demo freeze fail.
Just perfect.

EloquentM

aka Mannny
Am I the only one who finds it hilarious that you get a trophy for not moving for 30 seconds
when chapter 11 (city chase) starts?
Just perfec
t.
itd be even more perfect if you didn't give away the E3 demo chapter placing in the story.

D

Deleted member 80556

Unconfirmed Member
Played like 3 hours. I'm at chapter 8 already. How many chapters are there?

I believe
--21 + an epilogue--
. You have yet to see a lot of things. Don't stress out for how much you have remaining, and just enjoy the ride.

SpecX

Seriously, Amazon needs to let people arrive at their DC and pick up stuff. I looked and the package shipped North from their warehouse to a centralized UPS sorting center only to be shipped back down to my local hub. Thankfully it's out for delivery, but I could have had it already.

packy34

Seriously, Amazon needs to let people arrive at their DC and pick up stuff. I looked and the package shipped North from their warehouse to a centralized UPS sorting center only to be shipped back down to my local hub. Thankfully it's out for delivery, but I could have had it already.

Well you can pick up packages from UPS if you request it.

Plum

Just checked Amazon...

rfprDub.png

luke-skywalker.gif

kittoo

Cretinously credulous

Amazon doesnt do that in the US? They let us do this in India. They also give option of the same even before placing the order, with choice of choosing from any distribution center we want. Its a good feature.

Mikey Jr.

I think it may be the matchmaking. I seem to be getting matched up with Europeans when I should be getting matched up with Middle-Easterners.

Wait till the player pool gets a bit bigger. Wouldn't be surprised if like 90% of players are doing so first.

Give it a few days.

Wait till the player pool gets a bit bigger. Wouldn't be surprised if like 90% of players are doing so first.

Give it a few days.
Yeah, I think the majority of players are just playing through the single player for now. We'll see how things shape up by the weekend.

RDreamer

Pretty much everything's been amazing so far and I'm pining to go back to it but I've got some work to do (and my roommate has stolen the PS4 in an aderall riddled attempt to get better at Street Fighter IV for some reason...)

The only thing that hasn't jumped out at me yet is the soundtrack. The scores for the previous three Uncharted games really hit me, and I fucking love them. I was just playing Uncharted 3 before 4 came out and the entire time I'm just like "Man, this fucking music." So far with 4 nothing's really popped.

Osahi

Am I the only one who finds it hilarious that you get a trophy for not moving for 30 seconds when chapter 11 (city chase) starts?
Just perfect.

Haha, now I realise why the trophy is called 'stage fright' xD

How could I miss that reference!

anddo0

Lol, thanks for all the advise. I think I'll go ahead and call Amazon CS. I'm not going out of my way to return the extra copy. If they provide shipping label and pickup, I'll oblige.

still find it so crazy that not one person on my friends list has touched singe player. They are all in multiplayer. I cant even imagine picking up a game like uncharted and skipping the sp

Elios83

Got my limited edition =)
Right now dowloading speed for the 5GB patch on PSN is atrocious.
PSN is getting hammered.
I will play it later tonight.

I'm normally a gameplay over graphics person. Nice graphics are kind of a "oh cool ... whatever." kind of thing for me.

But this game has me constantly in awe. The graphics, the animations, the fluidity of the movement - just stunning.

The story and pacing is absolutely fantastic as well. I haven't felt this much and enjoyed a game this much since ... well the Last of Us.

Between this game and Dark Souls 3, 2016 is already a year to remember.

Was lucky enough to get the game on Saturday and just completed it. Obviously I won't go into anything here but I loved every minute of it. Just reminds me how special Naughty Dog are.

hydruxo

Redbox came in clutch, picked it up this morning and played through 4 chapters. This game is absolutely insane so far. So damn good.

Liamc723

Yeah, why would I want to know the sequence of events in a game I I've barely played? If I'm going to know about the event itself I don't want to know where it lies. Messes up the pacing of the story.

You don't though, you know the chapter in which one event takes place. Bit of an overraction.

CoolOff

Yeah, why would I want to know the sequence of events in a game I I've barely played? If I'm going to know about the event itself I don't want to know where it lies. Messes up the pacing of the story.

But if you are that sensitive to spoilers, why are you even opening the OT before you have played the game yourself? Even someone saying "omg chapter 5 was amazing" would be a spoiler in that case.

Farewell

I asked this in the other thread but no one answered it: anyone else see little dots in the sky? Looks weird. Wondering if its my monitor, but i think they appear in the screenshots too. Other then that it has amazing graphics!

EloquentM

aka Mannny
You don't though, you know the chapter in which one event takes place. Bit of an overraction.
Don't think you know what an overreaction is. If you're going to talk about the story or elements from the story you should put it in spoiler quotes. It's not hard and it's not an overreaction for people that don't want to know anything going in. Putting stuff in spoiler quotes it's fair to everyone. This isn't a spoiler thread.

But if you are that sensitive to spoilers, why are you even opening the OT before you have played the game yourself? Even someone saying "omg chapter 5 was amazing" would be a spoiler in that case.
Saying chapter 5 is amazing is different from saying the e3 demo takes place in chapter 5. Other OTs hide enemies, bosses, and sequencing behind spoiler tags. For a game so story heavy why does this not apply?

How do you manually reload in this game? I can't figure it out for the life of me and it's very frustrating.

Reload as in the weapon you're using? Triangle.

Reload as in the current checkpoint/level? Just press Options and the option to reload checkpoint or the encounter or the chapter should be there.

Reload as in the weapon you're using? Triangle.

Reload as in the current checkpoint/level? Just press Options and the option to reload checkpoint or the encounter or the chapter should be there.

I meant my gun, thank you.

It's always been R1, so it is weird to have it on a face button.

Thank you both.

Liamc723

Don't think you know what an overreaction is. If you're going to talk about the story or elements from the story you should put it in spoiler quotes. It's not hard and it's not an overreaction for people that don't want to know anything going in. Putting stuff in spoiler quotes it's fair to everyone. This isn't a spoiler thread.

You're overracting by even making a deal out of this.

You've already seen the sequence anyway so you were spoiled half a year ago. Saying when an event we've already seen takes place in the game is a spoiler? Jeez lol.

Top Bottom