• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Uncharted 4: A Thief's End |OT| You're gonna miss this ass

ZeroX03

Banned
Kinda really wanna get this, but I haven't played any of the other games. What say you, GAF?

Unless you're a big multiplayer fan, dip your toes in with the Nathan Drake collection and hit up UC2 and UC3 first because they're absolutely fantastic. It's not a story heavy franchise, but I wouldn't want to go backwards in gameplay and graphics if I could avoid it.

SpecX

Well you can pick up packages from UPS if you request it.

Too late for that and the UPS hub is an hour drive away. I've done this when they use FedEx since that station is on my way home from work and I know most the people that work there.

Dez_

Excited to finally get this game! Tuesdays with highly anticipated games always seem to be the longest and busiest days at work it seems.

On chapter 5 so far. Given that this game is out 2 days after Radiohead's new album, it would be pertinent to match the two. Uncharted 1 is Pablo Honey. Uncharted 2 is Kid A. Uncharted 3 is Amnesiac. So far, Uncharted 4 is In Rainbows. Excellence so far.

I just went to pick up my regular copy preordered at bestbuy and they gave me a collectible coin. nice surprise, I did not think we had any bonus available

2c7b435.jpg

Kinda really wanna get this, but I haven't played any of the other games. What say you, GAF?

I'd honestly suggest getting the Uncharted Remastered collection first and then playing UC4. UC4 has a surprisingly story heavy background which improves tenfold if you're already familiar with the characters and their backstories.

UC1 is a bit of a stinker so it's up to you whether you want to play it but UC2 and UC3 are absolute must-plays not just for the sake of UC4, but because they're great games in their own right.

Anyone w/ limited time invested or interest in Uncharteds 1-3 playing and loving this?

I've only dipped my toe in the series (nearly finished U2, spent an hour or two with 3) and didn't really care for it. But I quite liked TLoU.

Debating on biting or not....

Anyone w/ limited time invested or interest in Uncharteds 1-3 playing and loving this?

I've only dipped my toe in the series (nearly finished U2, spent an hour or two with 3) and didn't really care for it. But I quite liked TLoU.

The game is admittedly a lot more "grown-up" than U2 and 3 but It's still an uncharted game and TLoU comparisons don't really work here.

I'd suggest getting it on the cheap in a few months if you don't really care about the single player and the multiplayer is not of interest to you.

It's better than any of those games and absolutely worth your time.

The game is admittedly a lot more "grown-up" than U2 and 3 but It's still an uncharted game and TLoU comparisons don't really work here.

I'd suggest getting it on the cheap in a few months if you don't really care about the single player and the multiplayer is not of interest to you.

Thanks, might take that route. Not going to play MP, and the characters didn't really click w/ me in 2.

I'm interested to see how they've tried to approach adventure pulp with more grounded, character driven storytelling though.

best experienced if you had character context/played the other games to be honest. They did release the collection and UC4 plays off the story and relationships. Well, its a sequel so that's very much to be expected. There is a moment on early game that really just isn't gonna be the same if you haven't played 1-3.

Fjordson

Won't be able to play until tonight, but watching some footage on Twitch and I'm amazed by the animation and the facial expressions of the character models. Like when Nate and Sam are having a convo. Just crazy.

I got this digitally and downloaded the game Sunday. I had work today so I had no intention of playing it at midnight. I am going to start this up first thing when i get home.

TsuWave

just got to chapter 10. wow.

i wonder how the other studios under sony feel seeing ND blow expectations every time. must be great motivation.

Amazon not dispatching my copy is driving me up the fucking wall.
It's been on getting ready to ship since yesterday. WTF?

Well, mine shipped this morning (seriously!?) and Amazon sent it crappy UPS SurePost. Now it won't be handed off to the post office until Thursday, which means that I won't get it until Friday or Monday.

Last time I preorder anything from Amazon. Completely unacceptable.

mstevens

Apparently using tweaks on crushing doesn't negate trophies and you can use them without beating crushing first. Weird. If they don't patch that, it'll be a really easy plat.

Bunta

Fujiwara Tofu Shop
Package is delivered, but I sent it to my parent's house. 3 and 1/2 hours of work then an hour drive there and back before I can set up my bundle.

How's the mutiplayer? I really loved what i played in the Beta. Lots of maps? More "stuff"? Hows the balance etc.?
It's pretty much the beta with more maps, 2 more modes, a rank based multiplayer, more weapons and a HELL of a lot more customization options.

The great thing is though that more stuff will keep getting added to it.

Some weapons seemed like they did a tad bit too much damage but overall the balance is pretty darn good.

On chapter 5 so far. Given that this game is out 2 days after Radiohead's new album, it would be pertinent to match the two. Uncharted 1 is Pablo Honey. Uncharted 2 is Kid A. Uncharted 3 is Amnesiac. So far, Uncharted 4 is In Rainbows. Excellence so far.

Let me try:

U1: The Bends
U2: Ok Computer
U3: In Rainbows
TLOU: Kid A
U4: A Moon Shaped Pool (considering I still have a lot of game ahead, and I'm loving the album but need more listenings)

It's pretty much the beta with more maps, 2 more modes, a rank based multiplayer, more weapons and a HELL of a lot more customization options.

The great thing is though that more stuff will keep getting added to it.

Some weapons seemed like they did a tad bit too much damage but overall the balance is pretty darn good.

Oh nice! How are the other maps (non beta maps)? How many are there right now?

I just started a few hours back. Stopped at the beginning of chapter 6. Oh man.. What a blast so far. The video game segment was hilarious. Oh how I'm gonna miss Uncharted when is over. I could just play house every day!

Early in the game and this is really slick. Facial animations are fantastic and it's a really gorgeous game, maybe the best looking I've seen. Quite enjoying the more gritty story so far.

Past

The Uncharted Remastered Collection has been out for 6+ months, why are people only now considering jumping to the series?

AmyS

I've never bought an Uncharted game before and only played the demo of Uncharted: Golden Abyss on PS Vita and the demo of Uncharted 2: Among Thieves on PS4 from The Nathan Drake Collection.
Well, it's a rainy, overcast spring day here in the Chicago area, a perfect day for me to dive into these games.

Top Bottom