• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Uncharted 4: A Thief's End |OT| You're gonna miss this ass

Oh nice! How are the other maps (non beta maps)? How many are there right now?

Not exactly sure how many since I haven't ventured into the private match mode but I noticed at least 4 new maps on top of the existing ones that we saw in the beta. Each map has something new to it, either they have more "verticality" or more open spaces or a mixture of different elements. They're pretty good.

Just got back from Best Buy. Eating a McGriddle while the patch downloads.

dQLLW5E.jpg

The steelbook and coin are awesome. Can't believe it's finally time to play this!

sora87

The Uncharted Remastered Collection has been out for 6+ months, why are people only now considering jumping to the series?

Sony's biggest ever marketing push is paying off, everyone's getting sucked in.
Even my mum was talking to me about that amazing looking game off the t.v.

How do you get multiplayer skins without paying for Uncharted Points? Really digging Elana in her short shorts...

By opening Vanity chests with the relic/purple sun currency. It's random what you get but there it is.

You can also get uncharted points from those chests but the drop rate is extremely low.

I also got 200 UC points for just logging into the game today.

Fahro

I bought the Uncharted 4 digital Deluxe from the US PSN but my primary PSN account is german.
Do I miss anything if I play the digital copy with the german account?

DKHF

I've never bought an Uncharted game before and only played the demo of Uncharted: Golden Abyss on PS Vita and the demo of Uncharted 2: Among Thieves on PS4 from The Nathan Drake Collection.
Well, it's a rainy, overcast spring day here in the Chicago area, a perfect day for me to dive into these games.
Enjoy. That's a lot of great games to play through.

benny_a

extra source of jiggaflops
Why with the forced hand to hand combat. It is so bad. Stop Naughty Dog. Bad Naughty Dog.
I think it's great. Good Naughty Dog, very good.

I bought the Uncharted 4 digital Deluxe from the US PSN but my primary PSN account is german.
The way entitlements and multiplayer shit works is strange per game and with the cross region accounts, if you only got it for the singleplayer DLC then there are no negatives.

I don't think you do. I have the opposite situation, copy of the game and all DLC is of a UK account but I'm playing from a US account.

I have a code that came with the copy that I registered on my UK account that gave me a skin and some snow camo for my weapon.

I can access both with my US account so it's fair to assume that you can share all your stuff too :)

Just remember to make sure the PS4 is the primary PS4 for your US account.

Zaki2407

Oooooohhh boy...... Just finished chapter 4. a VERY big smile in my face. How can they make this game so clean? Where are the jaggies? Must rest now cause it's already 1 AM. Can't wait to continue this game after work :(

I have a copy out for delivery today and somehow managed to be going in pretty dark though I have heard it looks amazing.

I already replayed the first 3 games to refresh my memory but haven't been closely following this one. I'll probably wait a few days to start it since I have some other things to finish up.

AmyS

Enjoy. That's a lot of great games to play through.

Yep, can't wait. Already downloaded the ~1 GB update for the Nathan Drake Collection, now waiting for the 5 GB update for UC4 to finish.

I guess the only thing I won't experience is UC3 in stereoscopic 3D on PS3. While I love 3D in general, playing at 60fps on PS4 is more important.

shanafan

Only having played Uncharted 1, could I get right into Uncharted 4? Is there a prologue that sets everything up for me that happened before 4?

Auto_aim1

MeisaMcCaffrey
Finished the game, what a ride ;_; Took me 16 hours 40 minutes on hard difficulty. Game was extremely intense after chapter 12 with incredible pacing.

Right, not so far into Chapter 2, after climbing the tower.
Jesus, mocking thief, penitent thief? I swear to god, if this isn't symbolic for Nate, Sam and Rafe/A character later on then I'll be surprised.

Gurish

Anyone who was afraid of the tone because of Neil and Bruce, I think that we can put those fears aside, the dialogues are crazy good, funny, light, witty, everything you want and I'd say much better than previous entries even, I find myself smile and laugh a lot, the game is magic.

Only having played Uncharted 1, could I get right into Uncharted 4? Is there a prologue that sets everything up for me that happened before 4?
The events of Uncharted 2 and 3 don't really matter in Uncharted 4, it's quite a standalone story, but one that benefits majorly with you having more of an investment in the characters that comes from playing the three games.

You can definitely play through it but if possible, I'd suggest playing UC2 and 3 first. They're great games in their own right, much better than UC1.

Okay now I'm getting impatient. Going to go do some chores, you know something productive to help pass the time. This waiting and doing nothing can be psychologically damning.

Nugg

This game is fucking amazing, it's unbelievable. I played like two hours and had the biggest smile on my face the whole time. I didn't expect it to be THAT good. Bailing out, since I'm terrified of spoilers but guys, god damn.

I am in awe at the very first place you can actually get to know Nathan again. Climbing, jumping etc.

The image quality is perfect. There's nothing on the PS4 that matches this.

shanafan

No. You're gonna miss a lot of throwbacks at previous games.

The events of Uncharted 2 and 3 don't really matter in Uncharted 4, it's quite a standalone story, but one that benefits majorly with you having more of an investment in the characters that comes from playing the three games.

You can definitely play through it but if possible, I'd suggest playing UC2 and 3 first. They're great games in their own right, much better than UC1.

Ah conflicted! Haha, I may play 4 - and the pop in 2 and 3 and pretend they are prequels ;)

Croyles

Try stopping and then restarting the download. It often helps.

Also try putting it in rest mode, it almost universally increases download speeds for users.

Nah, that has never helped my psn download speeds. They have always been terrible for me. In fact i have tried every fix out there and none of them have ever worked.

Thanks for trying though. :)

Ah conflicted! Haha, I may play 4 - and the pop in 2 and 3 and pretend they are prequels ;)
Man, I'd really advise against that. UC4 works even better once you've played 2 and 3, not the other way around.

Your call but it's just my suggestion :)
Nah, that has never helped my psn download speeds. They have always been terrible for me. In fact i have tried every fix out there and none of them have ever worked.

Thanks for trying though. :)
That sucks. Do you have it on wired or wireless? Switching it to wired pretty solves most of my downloading issues on the ps4.

Kazooie

Banned
By opening Vanity chests with the relic/purple sun currency. It's random what you get but there it is.

You can also get uncharted points from those chests but the drop rate is extremely low.

I also got 200 UC points for just logging into the game today.
Thanks. Going to run through the trials now then as they reward you with the sun currency.

I am in awe. Never seen a game look like this before. I am actually getting creeped out sometimes because it looks so real that it feels like I am controlling an FMV and my mind doesn't know how to react (getting vertigo from heights too). And the characters have this life-like quality and charm to them that is really helping me get into the story. Dialog flows so naturally. Only at chapter 5 but this is a gaming experience unlike any I have had.

Not a fan of the hand to hand combat though.

Top Bottom