• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Uncharted 4: A Thief's End |OT| You're gonna miss this ass

The Ummah

Banned
Just took a walk. Saw a UPS truck and got giddy, knowing damn well I'm not going to get the game until around 4-6. Back to homework I go :(

Vaga

Ah conflicted! Haha, I may play 4 - and the pop in 2 and 3 and pretend they are prequels ;)

Think about 4 as the one that does the best fan service in a series that ends with it. If you're invested in the characters and events they went through then U4 will be even better.

I am in awe. Never seen a game look like this before. I am actually getting creeped out sometimes because it looks so real that it feels like I am controlling an FMV and my mind doesn't know how to react (getting vertigo from heights too). And the characters have this life-like quality and charm to them that is really helping me get into the story. Dialog flows so naturally. Only at chapter 5 but this is a gaming experience unlike any I have had.

Not a fan of the hand to hand combat though.
There were just a shocking amount of times when the game was in a cutscene and then transitioned to gameplay and my mind started expecting a loading screen or something to pop up because HOW THE HELL DOES THIS GAME LOOK SO GOOD?

ghibli99

We have a busy day ahead, but I have mine updated w/ the 5GB patch and ready to go for tonight. Nothing kills gaming excitement more than a big update. Anyway, can't wait! :D

shanafan

Think about 4 as the one that does the best fan service in a series that ends with it. If you're invested in the characters and events they went through then U4 will be even better.

Man, I'd really advise against that. UC4 works even better once you've played 2 and 3, not the other way around.

Your call but it's just my suggestion :)

OK thanks, I need to play 2 and 3 first then!

JABEE

Collector's edition just arrived with a small hole in the front which looks pushed in with a dent on the interior box.

DukeBobby

Made it to chapter 8 and stopped for the day. I don't want to rush through it.

Loving it so far and it seems like I've barely scratched the surface. I'm looking forward to sinking my teeth into this after work tomorrow.

Cornbread78

I picked my copy up at lunch and it's the worst thing sitting here in my cube staring at the disk, knowing damn well I still need to finish my replay of three before I can strip the plastic off this baby and turn her on.. It's going to be a long wait...

scitek

nick-young-confused-face-300x256_nqlyaa.png

It's so on-rails and cutscene heavy so far, I don't think I'll ever be able to replay it. It's a common theme in Straley's games.

Uncharted 2, I always skip past the shitty stealth chapter with Flynn and the train stuff that has you moving at a snail's pace for half an hour.

The Last of Us - the first hour is one big unskippable cutscene that pretends walking is actual gameplay.

This time, I'm on chapter 6, and I've barely done anything but basic climbing, shimmying and moving forward. Good storytelling so far, but it's not much of a game.

Is it even possible to be bad at?

The hand to hand combat(well the forced 1 on 1) moments are rare in the game. Hand to hand combat in the middle of a gunfight is beautiful. Lots of animations and smooth transitions. The 1 on 1 fights are very rare so the hand to hand combat complaint is imo null as you won't even be doing that throughout the majority of the game.

Ohwiseone

I love this game already and I'm only on chapter 5.

I spent way too much time in chapter 4
I think I went into every room in Nate's house before I met up with Elena, the detail alone (like the soft hum of the washer and vibration) and then the amazing Easter egg in that scene as well

I have forgotten how good the writing between Elena and Nathan is in these games.

For those who ordered on amazon, did you all receive one "Benefit Confirmation" code for this purchase? I only got one email from them with a pre order code my game is out for delivery coming from an amazon carrier

XAL

Just finished the game.

WOW

Majorly impressed with the game, every department did a fucking STELLAR job with everything. EVERYTHING.

Best ending game of a series honestly. For story at least.

I had an absolute blast.

JonnyKong

I can't deny how beautiful the graphics are on this game, but at the same time I feel like I've already felt this kind of awe whilst playing Rise of the Tomb Raider last year. They're both as pretty as each other.

Edit: the foliage in Uncharted is rather lovely, I'll give it that.

I got one email and when I redeemed the one code it gave me like 5-6 things.

Awesome thanks for confirming just wanted to be sure I had received everything since a while back I pre ordered a game from amazon and never received any pre order bonuses..this email was called the "Benefit Confirmation" email with 1 code in it

scitek

I can't deny how beautiful the graphics are on this game, but at the same time I feel like I've already felt this kind of awe whilst playing Rise of the Tomb Raider last year. They're both as pretty as each other.

Edit: the foliage in Uncharted is rather lovely, I'll give it that.

The small details in U4 go far beyond anything ROTT does. So far from what I've seen, anyway.

Anarion07

If someone is looking for the limited PS4 in Uncharted Design... GlobeSnap on FB is giving one away for a like and a comment. It's so pretty!

VanWinkle

Played up to chapter 5. I was blown AWAY the entire time, feeling things that I haven't in a game in many years. Maybe even since UC2.

Steroyd

*Reaches chapter 4*

futuramafry.jpg

Very great so far, I haven't played an Uncharted game in ages and it shows, can't believe I died in the tutorial.

t hicks

Banned
still waiting on UPS :///
hopefully they come thru soon, i can't handle the hype much longer.......

EDIT: right as i post they show up!!!!!! LETS FUCKING GO!!!!!!!!

Croyles

Man, I'd really advise against that. UC4 works even better once you've played 2 and 3, not the other way around.

Your call but it's just my suggestion :)
That sucks. Do you have it on wired or wireless? Switching it to wired pretty solves most of my downloading issues on the ps4.

Wireless, have tried wired many times though and hasn't changed the speeds at all. I've just come to accept the low speed of my ps4.

I think I read somewhere something about purposely capped psn speeds in certain areas.

thenexus6

Nice the soundtrack is on Spotify / Google Play. Going to give it a listen so I can hear it properly without all the other game audio.

blastprocessor

The Amiga Brotherhood
Transition from cut scene to game still gets me, like am l control of this thing now. Yes you're no longer in a cut scene this is the game now ! Definately a first for a game on ps4 at least, any developer that still put campaigns into game should copy this.

thenexus6

That's cool.
Personally I'm not a fan of it, compared to previous games at least, but it's still a decent soundtrack.

Yeah I can see that, its not very Unchartedy going by the previous games. Not grand or epic like some of the tracks from the other games. But it fits the mood well enough I think.

I am going to get it anyway to complete my collection :)

Top Bottom