• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Uncharted 4: A Thief's End |OT| You're gonna miss this ass

Rated-G

Yes my copy is here!! Unfortunately they purposefully crushed the Nathan Drake Pop figure to fit it in the box. The back of his head is caved in and shattered, and he's missing an arm. Anyone ever dealt with Amazon as far as getting replacements? Do they even do that?
knpiDeyjw.jpg

Salarians

Yes my copy is here!! Unfortunately they purposefully crushed the Nathan Drake Pop figure to fit it in the box. The back of his head is caved in and shattered, and he's missing an arm. Anyone ever dealt with Amazon as far as getting replacements? Do they even do that?
Contact them right away and send the photo. You shouldn't have a problem getting a replacement.

Agreed. Just a block or a parry option would work wonders in making the combat feel better.

I think the forced fights are so far and few that it didn't really need one. You rarely if ever get into a fight like that again to even need that. UC3 had that forced combat even in the midst of a gunfight whereas here, forced fights operate differently than in regular combat.

I think the forced fights are so far and few that it didn't really need one. You rarely if ever get into a fight like that again to even need that. UC3 had that forced combat even in the midst of a gunfight whereas here, forced fights operate differently than in regular combat.
Perhaps in a future Uncharted game.

Or even the DLC!

packy34

They'll overnight a replacement, and possibly refund you on top of that. That's not as common though.

Daft Punk

Banned
Ok guys, currently fighting
Shoreline in Madagascar at a drawbridge
. Game is insane of course, but about how far into the game am I?

f@luS

More than a member.
I already bought the triple pack I though it was supposed to give many MP Freebies yet I have nothing unlocked?

DKHF

I got through all of the (chapter 8-9)
Scotland
section just before. Chapters are definitely becoming longer. (Chapter 8/9 spoiler thoughts)
I got that trophy for sneaking through the cemetary without killing or being seen first try but am annoyed because I missed some of the henchmen's dialogue because of it. I was annoyed doing that cross puzzle because I thought I had it correct then realised the bucket had to be up the top, thankfully I got through it after.

The rope is an awesome addition and I kinda wish you could use it anytime, though obviously that would be unbalanced and ruin sections of the game so I see why you can't...

LuuKyK

Jesus Christ. The graphics... How do they do this? The entire chapter 4 is insane with face animations.

Also for those that said that the OST is bad... I have to disagree. It is indeed more subdued, but it sets the tone so well. The music in the first chapter is phenomenal.

Sai

Just got to the beginning of
Madagascar
. Game's a really different take on Uncharted, really cutscene-heavy compared to the past 3. Might've complained if they weren't so well done. I'm sure it's been said hundreds of times already, but I really can't believe what ND has been able to accomplish with this game's visuals.

I haven't gotten quite used to the music yet. So used to the past composer's work; this seems so somber in comparison. But then, the game as a whole does, so I guess that was the mood they were going for.

What is the recommended difficulty for an uncharted vet? I really want to enjoy this last uncharted game...

I'm on chapter 6 playing on hard and it hasn't been that bad but I haven't even got to the bulk of the game yet so theres that.

I wanted to plat this game, but decided not to because of the trophy list.

DrM

Redmond's Baby
Everone from EU area having issues with patch download? Mine got stuck, paused it, but it started to download from the beginning :\

Datwheezy

Unconfirmed Member
I have about 1 hour left in my U3 playthrough. Will I be able to play that while the ps4 is downloading the U4 day1 patch? (my Uncharted Collection is digital, not physical, if that makes a difference)

I have about 1 hour left in my U3 playthrough. Will I be able to play that while the ps4 is downloading the U4 day1 patch? (my Uncharted Collection is digital, not physical, if that makes a difference)

I don't see why not! Background downloads can happen pretty much as long as you're connected to the internet and the PS4 isn't completely off.

Yes, either way you could take out the Uncharted 4 disc after it does the initial 10 second install and then the update will begin downloading.

Yup. Physical,digital, it doesn't make a difference.

The only thing you can't do is play a game while a game is installing from a disc. In terms of downloading, it can pretty much always be happening in the background.

The Goat

Is it even possible to be bad at?

I don't think so, hah. It's the weakest part of the game. Always has been with this series. I was hoping for better this iteration, but it's the same system as before. Not a huge negative, but I still cringe when I have to do it.

Referring to melee combat, in case anyone needs context.

It is ok to like bad things?

Whats wrong with the melee? Not every subsystem needs to have a crazy amount of depth. Given that the purpose of the melee is to generally be whacking away at an already injured enemy, its more then great at accomplishing that goal.

*Buys game*
*Puts disc on PS4*
PS4:"Sorry, you can't play until you download a 5GB patch!"
Me:"FUCK!"

Every single time, looks like some evil plan to make you buy digital games...

Yeah melee is a step back from U3. I was pushing buttons that did things in U3 that have no function in U4 which resulted in me failing a few times. I guess they choose cinematic flare over gameplay in that one. But it's not a big deal.

nib95

Banned
Is it even possible to be bad at?

Yes, it's still possible to be bad at it. If you don't dodge roll out the way of certain attacks, or just spam punches, you'll get busted more often. Likewise if you don't time things to pull off ally tag team attacks, it takes longer to knock out enemies.

Steveo

Banned
I think the game is great, but the combat is still far from best in class.

In fact, i'd say it's just serviceable. Pretty disappointing considering it's their 4th attempt at this. Otherwise I love the game.

It's a great looking game. Beautiful even if a little too coloutful, though Uncharted games have always had a lot of colour in them.
Also, no day one patch? How rare is that these days.

Top Bottom